First Drive Review: MINI Countryman Cooper S

I believe the word that May used for the Panamera was "Gopping" - it was the first thing that came to mind for this car too.

Still trying to get used to how the exterior looks but there is no doubt that is a classy interior.

I've just scolled down to the price. That's not exactly mini anymore is it!

It's getting so big that I think they need to call this one the Maxi. Although that brings up an image of a completely different car.

I've just scolled down to the price. That's not exactly mini anymore is it!
To be fair to the Countryman, it's not really pricey for the sector - and that's a press car with £3k of options. It's difficult to find another 200-ish hp crossover with LED headlights and navigation for that sort of money, without taking the badge into consideration. Although I'll point to the CX-5, which is also bigger and a bit more engaging to drive (at least the last time I drove one).

To be fair to the Countryman, it's not really pricey for the sector
Oh it's just me. I've not kept up with car prices lately and whenever I do look it's a case of "How much? For a family runaround!"
Times have certainly changed from the original Mini. The £3k of options would have bought you a complete car back then. :)

I was behind a Mini Clubman yesterday. That was massive as well. As wide as my CRV I would say. This one will likely be even bigger.

Back