First Drive Review: MINI Countryman Cooper S

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 2, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

IfAndOr likes this.
  2. Andyc709292

Andyc709292

I believe the word that May used for the Panamera was "Gopping" - it was the first thing that came to mind for this car too.

3. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Still trying to get used to how the exterior looks but there is no doubt that is a classy interior.

4. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

I've just scolled down to the price. That's not exactly mini anymore is it!

It's getting so big that I think they need to call this one the Maxi. Although that brings up an image of a completely different car.

Andyc709292 likes this.
  5. Andyc709292

Andyc709292

They could call an SUV the Princess...

IfAndOr likes this.
  6. Famine

Famine Administrator

To be fair to the Countryman, it's not really pricey for the sector - and that's a press car with £3k of options. It's difficult to find another 200-ish hp crossover with LED headlights and navigation for that sort of money, without taking the badge into consideration. Although I'll point to the CX-5, which is also bigger and a bit more engaging to drive (at least the last time I drove one).

7. IfAndOr

IfAndOr Premium

Oh it's just me. I've not kept up with car prices lately and whenever I do look it's a case of "How much? For a family runaround!"
    Times have certainly changed from the original Mini. The £3k of options would have bought you a complete car back then. :)

8. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

I was behind a Mini Clubman yesterday. That was massive as well. As wide as my CRV I would say. This one will likely be even bigger.