First Gran Turismo Sport Live Event of 2019 Set for Paris March 14–18

I blame the lad @Tidgney

Wreckfest: now sanctioned by the FIA xD

I did honestly enjoy watching that round, although I'm sure it was rough for the drivers... The goal was entertainment and thrills however and you all more than delivered 👍
Props to all the drivers for putting on one heck of a show, and kudos to the folks behind the scenes for a solid production. Oh, and a big thank you to our GTPlantet members for the media coverage :cheers:
Looking forward to the next one!

At a round Table, when i ask about more Japanese circuits coming, Kaz told it will come obviously, but before, circuit from other countries will come. I ask "like Spa or Silverstone ?". He said "Yes".

Clearly not coming the next month, but this year... prepare yourself !
:)👍

At a round Table, when i ask about more Japanese circuits coming, Kaz told it will come obviously, but before, circuit from other countries will come. I ask "like Spa or Silverstone ?". He said "Yes".

My dream:

- Imola and Mugello (Italy)
- Algarve (Portugal)
- Silvestone and Donington (UK)
- Spa and Zolder (Belgium)
- Zandvoort (Netherlands)
- Jarama (Spain)
- Shanghai (China)
- COTA and Watkins Glen (USA)
- Motegi and Sugo (Japan)
- Kyalami (South Africa)
- Mosport (Canada)

Last edited:
I would think Silverstone and Ascari are almost guaranteed since they were only in GT6 and PD likely did the work for those tracks with the future in mind. Spa I’m sure will come because everyone wants it. Kaz said a while ago the he wanted Shanghai so I expect that as well. Motegi seems likely because of its role with SF. With that, I can see COTA, Laguna Seca, and one more real track probably rounding out real track support for the game. Then a couple more returning originals and a couple more rallies to round out the game. Maybe we’ll finally see PD use that Pikes Peak license.

Spa, Silverstone, Daytona... All great tracks with prestigious history. At the moment, Forza 7 has all these tracks so it doesn't really matter to me but for Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill, Grand Valley...? Nothing more to say. I'm curious to know if we'll this gen one of the classic GT track.

Well now makes me think we're gonna have 2 or 3 non japanese track before getting another

Basically, @Tidgney's wish for a Gr.B repechage (or RAPEchage) at Fisherman's Ranch came true...

The rally repechage race remembered me at @Tidgney 's wreckfest seasons :)

I blame the lad @Tidgney

Haha, it definitely wasn't my idea, I'd have veto'd this in a heart beat :P! Mainly because of what was happening during it. I managed to watch the replay and recorded some of it to my phone (Before being kicked off as they were tearing it apart). I actually raced super clean in both the races and it was contacts in both that cost me a lot. Even the slightest of contacts on the final lap in Fuji potentially cost me starting 4th in the repechage race rather than where I did start in 8th :(! But that one for example was one of those slight contacts which turn into a catapult just due to it being in the braking zone, while others were far more deliberate.

I'll go into more detail in the analysis video I do but I definitely had the pace at least in both races to get a 4th and get myself into that final race where I had a crazy strategy planned :D! But one thing is for sure, I need to get my qualifying in order at these events to get myself out of this mid-pack.

Thanks for all/any support from anyone on here though, I saw it all on chat, and via messages and stuff and it was mad! Hard to keep up especially when my phone was playing up with data!

Tidgney seems too pure for this world..too much argy-bargy in all of his races :indiff:

I love this by the way LogSwapper haha <3

Hopefully we aren't waiting until December.

Haha, it definitely wasn't my idea, I'd have veto'd this in a heart beat :P! Mainly because of what was happening during it. I managed to watch the replay and recorded some of it to my phone (Before being kicked off as they were tearing it apart). I actually raced super clean in both the races and it was contacts in both that cost me a lot. Even the slightest of contacts on the final lap in Fuji potentially cost me starting 4th in the repechage race rather than where I did start in 8th :(! But that one for example was one of those slight contacts which turn into a catapult just due to it being in the braking zone, while others were far more deliberate.

I'll go into more detail in the analysis video I do but I definitely had the pace at least in both races to get a 4th and get myself into that final race where I had a crazy strategy planned :D! But one thing is for sure, I need to get my qualifying in order at these events to get myself out of this mid-pack.

Thanks for all/any support from anyone on here though, I saw it all on chat, and via messages and stuff and it was mad! Hard to keep up especially when my phone was playing up with data!

I love this by the way LogSwapper haha <3

I saw you get bullied out of quite a lot of places @ Fuji and it was tough to see :( the mid-pack madness is real man... you kept it cool and respectable though 👍

Hopefully they'll add a few more laps to these sprint races in future events to alleviate the aggression a bit.

Is there somewhere we can see a list of the manufacturer team line-ups?

During the live broadcast for Manufacturers I caught a glimpse of kerokkuma, who was number 1 in Asia in the latest exhibition series for Nations (and is from my local region). I never saw him racing at all though. What team was he in?

edit - I did attempt to scan back through the video but finding 2 specific seconds in a 2 and a half hour video of very repetitive camera shots is not worth the effort lol

Is there somewhere we can see a list of the manufacturer team line-ups?

During the live broadcast for Manufacturers I caught a glimpse of kerokkuma, who was number 1 in Asia in the latest exhibition series for Nations (and is from my local region). I never saw him racing at all though. What team was he in?

edit - I did attempt to scan back through the video but finding 2 specific seconds in a 2 and a half hour video of very repetitive camera shots is not worth the effort lol
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/worldtour2019/paris/
He was on team Subaru

On the record, I suggested rallying in my Vegas feedback form. However, this was more of a "coffee break" type of idea instead of a race that actually mattered. It was funny to see all the rigs in the Pavillion used to practice the rally event, though.

"[International circuits] like Spa or Silverstone" doesn't explicitly mean Spa and Silverstone will be included.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what rigs they use at these events? I already know it's the TGT wheel but I'm particularly interested in the seats.

"[International circuits] like Spa or Silverstone" doesn't explicitly mean Spa and Silverstone will be included.
Ok, but since the real tracks has to be a FIA-Grade 1 or 2 to be in game, and that we know some tracks will return, i'm pretty confident. It's just a matter of time.

Ok, but since the real tracks has to be a FIA-Grade 1 or 2 to be in game, and that we know some tracks will return, i'm pretty confident. It's just a matter of time.

No they don't. Willow Springs is in the game, that's definitely not Grade 2. People assume some tracks will return, they don't know that they will.

Last edited:
Bathurst and any Nurburgring layout with the Nordschleife are Grade 3 tracks, yet they were in the game, plus Mr. Stakey Boy's Willow Springs example.

Some drivers didn't know everything about futures updates in game, i talked to some guys and they were told the infos just a few days/weeks before a FIA event.

Listen, if you don't want to believe me, that's fine. But i saw Kaz, i ask a question, he respond me with the affirmative with "circuits from other countries". I talked about Spa and saying me "yes, of course". But don't think i'm here to deliver a fake news. I've no interest for this.

You're extrapolating Spa from nothing. The only info you can get from the reply you mentionned earlier is we're getting a non japanese track before the next japanese track. You didn't talk about "Spa", you talked about "circuits like Spa and Silverstone", it's the same as if you asked "circuits like Hockenheim and Hungaroring". Drivers may not know everything about the updates, but they've seen stuff nobody else did, and although they didn't talked much about it because NDA, they seem extremely confident about the fact Spa is 99% NOT coming to GT Sport due to licensing.

Also you're basing yourself on "tracks have to be grade 1 or 2", which hasn't been stated anywhere. Meanwhile PoDi added Tokyo South recently, which definitely wouldn't meet FIA grade 2 standards. The only thing FIA is doing about tracks is checking the accuracy of the real life tracks reproductions, and that's a public info actually said by someone from FIA. Even if they don't include anything below FIA Grade 2 (which wouldn't surprise me because most famous tracks are grade 1 or 2), there's 106 real tracks still available in that range that are not in the game yet.

Spa and Silverstone make a ton of sense though, and I’m sure Kaz is aware. Silverstone was just added for the first time in GT6; it and Ascari are the only real world tracks added for the first time in GT6 that have yet to show. And I’m sure PD did the scans with the future in mind. Then Spa seems to be the number one most requested track by fans. I’m sure Kaz could have corrected OP if the two tracks mentioned weren’t being added at some point.

Back