First Look at Rain and Fog in Gran Turismo Sport

Fog is playable in VR as @Zlork mentioned on Dragon trail too and I spot a video showcasing this. Will see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it

VR looks great. đź‘Ť But that's hardly foggy. :lol: Is the effect more prominent outside of VR?

From the Demo. :)
20171012140733.jpg
20171012140744.jpg
20171012140754.jpg
20171012140809.jpg

Attachments

• 20171012140733.jpg
    20171012140733.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20171012140744.jpg
    20171012140744.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20171012140754.jpg
    20171012140754.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 19
  • 20171012140809.jpg
    20171012140809.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 19
It's a shame the music was turned on for the recording. It's a distraction

Why do I get that bad feeling that it's just there because the car and it won't be in the game? :lol: :nervous:
I am confused, are you saying that the car is not in the game or that it is just the car your refering and the rain are just there for special effects??

You are absolutely right , PD made the rain effect just for this car and trailer.

/sarcasm
They at least partially remade the Seattle track for one of the VGT trailers a couple years ago and despite the "Seattle Confirmed?!" threads it never showed up. As well as that never released Route X or whatever that was in trailers all the time and someone found and exported the mostly finished track years ago.

Compared to some of the stuff they've done in trailers (GT5[?] weather trailer) you shouldn't be surprised if they put some rain drops on it for a trailer. Thats pretty minor for them.

It's on the game already like rain drop or droplet on cars, i don't understand what is new apart it's on suzuka now.
Of course on the specific mission XD
If you have followed the GT series since the ps3 era when Dynamic weather and time was introduced you should know that despite cockpit view had visible rain drops on the windshield.

Screenshot_20171109-171614.png
Screenshot_20171109-172020.png

The car model/body itself did not include these rain water drops (that being said even in Replay mode or photomode itself). GT5/6 did not show any drops of water on the windshield itself only when going to cockpit view.

This video (GT6 Adaptive tesselation) shows accurately that rain drops were never modeled on the body.

Notice the tiny rain particles when moving the camera around.
In comparison to Driveclub which did modeled rain drops on the car:

Not trying to turn this into a comparison thread just making my point crisp and clear.

If you have prove that GT Sport does indeed model these rain drops (on the Northern Festival mission) and on the car body/model itself I would like to see some screenshots or videos ilustrating this.

If you have followed the GT series since the ps3 era when Dynamic weather and time was introduced you should know that despite cockpit view had visible rain drops on the windshield.

View attachment 688783 View attachment 688784
The car model/body itself did not include these rain water drops (that being said even in Replay mode or photomode itself). GT5/6 did not show any drops of water on the windshield itself only when going to cockpit view.

This video (GT6 Adaptive tesselation) shows accurately that rain drops were never modeled on the body.

Notice the tiny rain particles when moving the camera around.
In comparison to Driveclub which did modeled rain drops on the car:

Not trying to turn this into a comparison thread just making my point crisp and clear.

If you have prove that GT Sport does indeed model these rain drops (on the Northern Festival mission) and on the car body/model itself I would like to see some screenshots or videos ilustrating this.

It's there, i played it yesterday.
Even on photo mode you can see the raindrop on the car body. And falling rain too
But it still a light rain and not a heavy one

It's there, i played it yesterday.
Even on photo mode you can see the raindrop on the car body. And falling rain too
But it still a light rain and not a heavy one

The rain in GTS reminds me of a rain that I don't like in real life. The droplets are super small and light and they just stick to your car's side windows and won't fall off, eventually hindering visibility and making the car dirty.
One of those autumn rains. ))

Light rain is better than no rain. It will not be dynamic so light rain makes sense. No need to model puddles and variable track wetness.

(..)Windscreen wipers work however, even in dry conditions.
Woah, there. does that mean I can get rid of the wipers in some cars' cockpit view? Off the top of my head I know the 911 RSR GT3, and the Lambo Huracán GT4 have wipers literally in the middle of their windscreen in cockpit view...

Back