First Look at Rain and Fog in Gran Turismo Sport

What a tease. One thing that I like is that individual drops of rain fall on the wind-shield. Also, the lighting is spot-on in all of these various conditions.

This is still very confusing.

We technically have rain, but it’s only in one event, and said event can only be driven with Gr.B cars.

This doesn’t explain rain lights working on some of the GT3/Gr.3 cars.

Odd...

We known that PoDi aims quality over quantity. Maybe the result wasn't good enough and they preferred to add rain by an update....

It's just a hypothesis.

Last edited:
My question is, kaz was quoted many times saying online was only 15% of the full game, yet on the disc case itself it states "Internet required for MOST functionality"

He meant online as in player vs. player. It was still a bit of a silly statement.

This is still very confusing.

We technically have rain, but it’s only in one event, and said event can only be driven with Gr.B cars.

This doesn’t explain rain lights working on some of the GT3/Gr.3 cars.

Odd...
Smells to me like the Special Condition events in GT4 @ Tsukuba...

I can't unsee the fact that some of the droplets don't get wiped away until the 2nd pass of the wiper blades. Which is annoying because the rest is really very nice.

EDIT: As shown in my highly technical screenshot comparison

5VoGmy.png

Last edited:
We known that PoDi aims quality over quantity. Maybe the result wasn't satisfactory enough and they preferred to add rain by an update....

It's just a hypothesis.

I guess that's why there are just a few droplets of rain on the windshield. Quality over quantity...
On the serious note, I consider this to be wet track condition, not rain condition. Not bad, but that's no rain. I go to Drive club, and drive club bikes to get the proper rain.

GT5 and GT6 have proper rain and so far better than GTS :confused:. I think this is WIP and will get updated later
GT5 and GT6 while both containing rain never had any droplets on the car MODEL itself only on the windshield with working wipers.
Both of the competition contains water drops on the CAR MODEL and not just the wiper not to mention the missing car reflection itself.

Anyone know if the horn is available in this game? I ask because I was changing player 2 controller options when r3 press for horn appeared then disappeared when I selected to change button input.

Player one configuration does not have it nor does player 2 anymore. I find that weird or a bug. Lol. Anyways I hope for actual rain ☔️ selection in arcade mode

GT5 and GT6 while both containing rain never had any droplets on the car MODEL itself only on the windshield with working wipers.
Both of the competition contains water drops on the CAR MODEL and not just the wiper not to mention the missing car reflection itself.

For its time I think it was probably the best. Shift2 also had day/night and rain. F1 games too but it was 30fps game. GTS is clearly WIP IMO or that's what I hope.

Anyone who has managed to do this event can say if the car gets wet?

edit:Remember that GTsport was fitted with track tires for wet and heavy rain, and that video seems to me wet.

Back