FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

So, basically an oil change only gives a temporary hint of the pro-rebuilt engines future stats, slowly goes back to stock, until you actually DO the overhaul at 300km. Yes?
So, technically, NOT doing an oil change will only keep it at stock level the whole 300km? Or will it deteriorate even lower then stock?

So, basically an oil change only gives a temporary hint of the pro-rebuilt engines future stats, slowly goes back to stock, until you actually DO the overhaul at 300km. Yes?
So, technically, NOT doing an oil change will only keep it at stock level the whole 300km? Or will it deteriorate even lower then stock?

I drive ( tune/test ) the Audi R8 LMS until close to 500km, no oil change since bought new, 528HP, it stays at 528 HP, same torque as well. Safe to say, no oil change, the power will stay static until at least about 300 miles 👍

If that's the case, NOT doing oil changes "in the future events" will definatly ensure the best build match ups, wouldn't it?
Stock, is stock, is stock, right?
Where doing oil changes actually creates a range of fluctuation that can change on mileage?

Just a future thought for future events?

If that's the case, NOT doing oil changes "in the future events" will definatly ensure the best build match ups, wouldn't it?
Stock, is stock, is stock, right?
Where doing oil changes actually creates a range of fluctuation that can change on mileage?

Just a future thought for future events?

Yeah, worth some thought, if you buy a new car and change oil straight away, the power increase and will stay until about close to 300 miles then start dropping back to original power when bought. Another oil change will bring back the power. I haven't tested the engine wear, not sure if it works the same as in GT5, where every 6000 miles there's 1 HP permanent loss ( if I remember correctly ) - doing engine rebuild can recover some lost HP.

Well, in gt5, let's use my Calsonic Impul for example.
Maxed out under 300km it was like 697hp including oil change.
After rebuild, it jumped to like 718hp.
I drove that (I used it for cash grinding) car well over 3,000 miles, and I seriously don't remember it going down at all from 718, as long as I did an oil change.

But without oil change from stock 0 miles, it was like 673hp or something.
But in gt5, I believe it would deteriorate lower then stock, without I initial oil change.
If it does NOT do that in GT6, if your goal was an even build no matter who got the car and built it, it would be the 'exact' same.

Think of it like this,
Use me for example.
When I bought my 454, I began teasing it with oil change, I've got over 300miles (not km), on it, from all my testing before I was done with build.
I actually bought ANOTHER one, when I was done, changed oil, then copied over the settings.
I did this, so the testers stats would match what I put down exactly.
Having a no-oil-change contest, would eliminate all the possible fluctuation, and avoid this, right?

I need to double check, but I have been building cars to PP levels to use in the A-spec events. At around 140 miles I have been seeing an increase of 1PP. I have not looked at the HP rating. I just went to the garage and moved the power slider a couple of clicks then went back racing.

@CSLACR do your screen grabs also capture PP level? The version you posted does not seem to show it. Just curious.

Well after tuning the worst imaginable car, it's within 6 seconds of my time with my GT40 tune. This was closer than I was expecting to get.

Unless someone selects a complete lemon, there's plenty of speed to be found in any of the available cars I would think. Maybe not enough speed to be dominant but plenty of speed to perform reasonable.

I feel like I should say I did test MrGrado's GT40 tune and did enjoy it and will be keeping it for future use. That car is really fun. I know I'm new to FITT and the shootouts, but this is just a thought. This being the first shootout for GT6, and given that we are still learning and adapting to the changes that have been made to overall physics, new cars etc. Perhaps we just allow everything? I know everyone is competitive and will want the fastest cars, so maybe we can weigh the lap times less than the tester score/feedback or the 2 groups idea. I don't know, I'm just trying to think of what would be the most fun at this point. Plus the more I think about it, the more I want to drive XDesperado67's Carnography fine tuned for Laguna Seca. It is one of the great new American classics in the game (of which there are many), it seems a shame if we don't get to get to run it at all.

I'm going to have fun win/lose/ect.
It doesn't matter, as long as you had fun tuning, or driving, and got to play with some auto's most of us will never afford irl, lol.
The only ones who would "really" be bothered by any of this, would be the die-hard must-win-at-all-costs, I'm going to get gangrene and die if I don't win, type of competitor. Most of whom really are not fun to hang around with online, because they always have to have 1 better no matter the subject, it gets old. We all know at least one. No one down to earth among us is going to cry or complain if they lose in a fictional game, I mean really, lol. There's always next time.
Sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch the asphalt turn black and the sky fill with gasoline fumes!

Peace ^^

I personally don't really care what's allowed. I only entered to get back into GT6 tuning and see what works, and what doesn't. I was just looking for a car with linear power delivery. I only tested the Mach 1 and a Plymouth I forget the name of. If testers can afford a super expensive car, then by all means :)

@die-hard must-win-at-all-costs - Do we really need to paint everyone who has a competitive spirit in this way? You can be competitive and like to win and not be an a-hole. I don't think MrGrado is an a-hole. He read the rules and found the gray area and picked the best car. If we are going to look down on people who go the extra mile to find every possible advantage, then why keep score at all? Don't even report lap times. Driver's choice only. And we should give the same color ribbon all the way down to tenth place.

I am a fan of splitting this tuning challenge into two groups; Super Muscle and Classic Muscle. There are five cars that can be competitive in Super Muscle. All of the rest of the cars go into Classic. It's DigitalBaka's competition so whatever he decides I am cool with it. If he keeps it all one group, I will tune the GT40 so that MrGrado has some competition. If he splits this into two groups, I will probably tune for the Classic Muscle group because that group of cars is more challenging. And then test for the Super Muscle group. Splitting this into two groups seem fair enough for everyone, in my opinion.

Sorry to see you in this situation DB. Let us know what you decide to do and we will all support you.

Keith

Lol.

Lol.

Odd. Everything I said was on the side of letting everyone keep it the way it is, and keep what they chose. Yet, my words are being taken as if I was on the other side against the allowing of all the cars, lol.
I said what I said, meaning, bring it. Bring your GTwhatever, and your superhumanwhatzit, who cares. The "die-hard-at-all-costs" I was referring to, was those who would complain about competing ageinst the GT and whatever.
Motor city, you got me all wrong bro, lol. I think MrGrado should keep his car.
I mean, I'm keeping MINE even though it's 5000 times sexier then any of yours and by that, way unfair, but you know what? Someone has to be the best in show, and if I have the advantage, so be it. If I can keep mine, everyone should keep theirs, lol.

Get it now?

I need to double check, but I have been building cars to PP levels to use in the A-spec events. At around 140 miles I have been seeing an increase of 1PP. I have not looked at the HP rating. I just went to the garage and moved the power slider a couple of clicks then went back racing.

@CSLACR do your screen grabs also capture PP level? The version you posted does not seem to show it. Just curious.
They can if I move the camera back farther, or I could even make a video showing me entering the tuning settings to officially "prove" it.

But the way I see it, everyone here can easily verify this if they choose to question it.

322.4 miles (520KM roughly) I drove this car, just to test for F.I.T.T. Power hasn't dropped yet, will drive farther in the near future though. 👍

Edit: BTW, your PP changes might be the games .1 bug. Settings randomly change by 1 increment, could be anything anytime you adjust it. (from what I can tell so far, it's 100% random)

Yeah, I noticed that also on a new car. I had been tuning and must have put maybe 30 miles on it.
I changed the aero down to 10 from 15, and moved the accel-lsd up 2 points.
my hp went down 1.
I went on and continued changing stuff, and noticed at the end the point was back.

Wierd.

So here's what I am going to do after thinking about it while doing my WRS qualifier laps.

We are not banning cars. In fact the cars that were are now back in play. We will split things into a standard group and a "super muscle" group.

The super group will consist of any entries of the GT40, Mach 1, Z/28, C3 Vette convertible and Trans Am. Consensus over multiple tests is that these cars run very competitive to each other. Everything else will fall into the standard group. PP, tires and all other regs are the same for both groups. We are just splitting out the outliers so that everyone can compete on somewhat even ground.

Because of the change I will push back all deadlines one week. Tuners will be welcome to tune one car for each group if they wish or just one for whichever group interests them. Testers may also choose one or both groups to test. As with past events where we have had a multi group format, only complete results for all cars within a group count toward final results.

Since it came up in this (self-inflicted) mess somewhere or other, NOS is not allowed to be used in this event. OP will be updated with this and the other info sometime shortly when I'm on my PC.

Apologies for the confusion folks. Hopefully it doesn't create any heartache or headache for anyone besides me. :embarrassed:

@MrGrado let me know how an oil change affects your Ford. If it still fits in regs or can if I bump power limiter usage a bit. I don't want to exclude it if I require an oil change as I should have in the first place.

Last edited:
Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel'70
500pp Sports hard tires. OFFLINE AND ONLINE
Tuned for (FITT American Classics Shootout)

wly3.jpg

Date Acquired 21/12/2013
Wheel : stock
Paint : GT POLARIZED 004-P
Oil change,car wash
Distance Driven 373.8 Miles
Displacement 5,563 cc
Performance points = 500
Max. Power = 441 BHP / 5,300 rpm
Max. Torque = 65.9 Kgfm / 4,200 rpm
Drivetrain = FR
Weight = 1,471 kg
Weight dis = 50/50
Power/weight = 3.33 KG/BHP
Power Limiter = 96.6 %

ABS= 1 ONLY NO ANOTHER SETUP

Parts :

Suspension Height-Adjustable , Fully-customization
Race brakes Kit
Transmission Fully customizable
LSD kit
Triple plate clutch Kit
Carbon Propeller shaft
Engine Stage 1
Sports computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter:Sports
Intake Tuning
Weight stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Keep rims standard size
Sports hard tires

Suspension:

Height= 115/115
Springs= 7.50/9.00
Dampers(c)= 6/3
Dampers(e)= 5/6
Anti roll bars= 4/5
Camber= 0.4/0.6
Toe angle= -0.16/0.10
Brakes= 5/6

LSD= 18/10/12

Ballast= 195Kg @ +50
Set power limiter to 96.6% then setup the transmission

Transmission:

Max. Speed 149mph
Default Final gear 3.910

Gears;
1= 3.496
2= 2.344
3= 1.693
4= 1.292
5= 1.041

Final gear again to 3.650

nv2a.jpg

Tuned for Luguna Seca
If you want to drive it online on NURB RING adjust the final gear TO 3.550.
This is not the fastest car but i really having fun driving it .
Thank you and Good Luck to all , thank you DB for the first shootout in GT6 👍

ND

Last edited:
My 2 tunes for both groups:

Dodge Challenger R/T '70

Specs
403 BHP
68. kgfm
1411 kg
500pp (power limiter 95%)
Parts
FC Transmission, Triple-Plate Clutch, Carbon Propeller Shaft, FC LSD
FC Suspension, Racing Brakes
Weight Reduction Stage 3 (Ballast 15kg 50)
Sports Hard Tyres
Suspension
100 100
12.45 6.94
4 3
6 7
6 3
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.20
Brakes
5 7
LSD
Transmission
Max Speed 149mph
FINAL 3.150
Tuner Notes

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69

Specs

369 BHP
48.2 kgfm
500pp (power limiter 98.1%)
Parts
Engine Tuning Stage 1, Sports Computer, Semi-Racing Exhaust, Intake Tuning
FC Transmission, Triple-Plate Clutch, Carbon Propeller Shaft, FC LSD
FC Suspension, Racing Brakes
Weight Reduction Stage 3, Window Weight Reduction, Carbon Bonnet
Sports Hard Tyres
Suspension
120 120
8.58 4.44
4 6
5 7
3 3
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.20
Brakes
5 6
LSD
Transmission
Set top speed to 155mph

So here's what I am going to do after thinking about it while doing my WRS qualifier laps.

We are not banning cars. In fact the cars that were are now back in play. We will split things into a standard group and a "super muscle" group.

The super group will consist of any entries of the GT40, Mach 1, Z/28, C3 Vette convertible and Trans Am. Consensus over multiple tests is that these cars run very competitive to each other. Everything else will fall into the standard group. PP, tires and all other regs are the same for both groups. We are just splitting out the outliers so that everyone can compete on somewhat even ground.

Because of the change I will push back all deadlines one week. Tuners will be welcome to tune one car for each group if they wish or just one for whichever group interests them. Testers may also choose one or both groups to test. As with past events where we have had a multi group format, only complete results for all cars within a group count toward final results.

Since it came up in this (self-inflicted) mess somewhere or other, NOS is not allowed to be used in this event. OP will be updated with this and the other info sometime shortly when I'm on my PC.

Apologies for the confusion folks. Hopefully it doesn't create any heartache or headache for anyone besides me. :embarrassed:

@MrGrado let me know how an oil change affects your Ford. If it still fits in regs or can if I bump power limiter usage a bit. I don't want to exclude it if I require an oil change as I should have in the first place.
Glad to see you were able to reach a solution. Its crazy sometimes how quickly things can get complicated. You can add me as a tuner for the super group.:cheers:

edit: I can get the Pozzi Camaro down to 505pp w/o oil change. Was going to try and slip it in.:mischievous:.... :lol: just kidding of course. On a serious note that is one bitchin Camaro for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.:bowdown:

Last edited:
Still a little confusing I'm sure with all the changes that we have gone through but after hasing it out with some of the guys this seems to be the best way to include everything and not have one pack run away with the whole thing.

If there is anyone who hasn't followed what I did here please don't hesitate to ask even if you just need to confirm what you're thinking.

@DigitalBaka No the GT40 will not fit the tuning challenge specs with an oil change. With @CSLACR evidence on oil changes, people should be able to test at least five of them before needing an oil change. Testers will just need to keep an eye on the PP levels as they test.

On another note, I really wish that the '59 Corvette Stingray race car was better. It is a similar challenge in cornering as the rest of the Classic Muscle group, but it is terrible in the braking zones. It is a cool looking car. It sounds cool. Plus it is new to the game. @krenkme If you can make this thing drive well, I could see a few Driver's Choice points in your future.

Well this is a fun turn of events on the cars. I'm gonna have to tune a GT40 I love them too much not too. So add me to the super muscle car tuner list please.

Let the Good times roll and the rubber a burning!

To avoid the mess. :) If I had like I normally do the GT40 would have been ineligible and I wouldn't be flip-flopping on what is in or out or whatever.

I'm mostly just pissed at myself for not doing more extensive testing beforehand. I should have figured the GT40 would be a popular choice. I'll take this as a learning experience. Hopefully we have it sorted well enough that the end results will be satisfactory for everyone.
@DigitalBaka No the GT40 will not fit the tuning challenge specs with an oil change. With @CSLACR evidence on oil changes, people should be able to test at least five of them before needing an oil change. Testers will just need to keep an eye on the PP levels as they test.
I will leave well enough alone at this point then.

Some folks have messaged me about cars they want to enter. All of them are OK and at least one is something I expected to see more of, given the oddballs in this group. :D Keep em comin!

FORD GT40 MARK 1
-
NO CAR muscled match for this GT MADE SOME ADJUSTMENTS BUT NOT PUT OIL ADDED IN 120KG BALLAST WAS PRACTICING IN LAGUNA A LOOK surprise.:
.1-TRY = 1:39,995
. 2 - "" "= 1:39,157
. 3 "" "= 1:36,545

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BRUTAL CAR, BUT LIFE THAT FOLLOW :cheers::confused:

Last edited:
I'm going to have fun win/lose/ect.
It doesn't matter, as long as you had fun tuning, or driving, and got to play with some auto's most of us will never afford irl, lol.
The only ones who would "really" be bothered by any of this, would be the die-hard must-win-at-all-costs, I'm going to get gangrene and die if I don't win, type of competitor. Most of whom really are not fun to hang around with online, because they always have to have 1 better no matter the subject, it gets old. We all know at least one. No one down to earth among us is going to cry or complain if they lose in a fictional game, I mean really, lol. There's always next time.
Sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch the asphalt turn black and the sky fill with gasoline fumes!

Peace ^^

Are you saying that because MrGrado find an excellent car with an excellent tune? lol

Well, I've got my rough tune down for my "Slow-Group" car. Handled like an absolute pig stock - utterly undrivable. I applied some very odd suspension settings that seemed to work...including massive front toe. With every car I tune, I get more and more confused....:boggled:

Would anyone be up for giving my car an early drive? I don't know if the toe and some ride height adjustments are all in my head, or if they're actually doing something as far as lap times are concerned.

Last edited:
Just catching up on this thread after a few days...

@DigitalBaka, kudos for sorting out and managing a difficult situation 👍 I definitely support breaking the field down into two groups of cars

Back