FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

Why, why, why PD? Why do you make the car with the worst power to weight ratio the best handling car of the bunch? This just frustrates me. I built pretty much all of the cars and decided to test the top six based upon power to weight ratio. Then on a fluke I decided to test the one sitting on the bottom of the list.

It would appear that math is not something that PD pays much attention to. It seems that they just like certain cars and just make them drive better? I don't get it.
They did it to make us bang our heads to the wall and yell WHY OH WHY!?!?!?!?!
and haven't they always done that? played favorites with some cars.

Can I submit a tune please?

I will submit a tempest 64' tune. :mischievous:
Please do! Just make sure to have it done and posted by the 19th. This of course also applies to anyone else wishing to take part. Anyone can join in on either the tuning or testing side....or both if you're into that kind of pain! :mischievous:

I will update the submitted tunes later in the afternoon or in the late evening depending how busy this day gets. Decommed servers gonna make my head explode! :banghead:

They did it to make us bang our heads to the wall and yell WHY OH WHY!?!?!?!?!
and haven't they always done that? played favorites with some cars.

It just forces you to drive every car to find the gem. Vehicle specs should play into it, but it just doesn't.

All the rules in the OP are up to dAte and correct right?

By power 5% I assume you mean, it must be 95% or higher on the power meter yes?

And we're doing abs=1 and that's it? If not, if say I made one with that and TC=1, would the testers have to use both?

I think that's all my questions, lol.

And we're doing abs=1 and that's it? If not, if say I made one with that and TC=1, would the testers have to use both?

-
I tune my cars so even with everything turned off.
ABS = 1

Edit;
Also, along with those questions answered, lol, can we use anniversary cars, specifically the corvette coupe '63?

Hmmm, probably not huh, cuz we cant garuntee the tester had the preorder?
I think all the other anniv cars have pp minimum too high to care anyway.

Edit;
Also, along with those questions answered, lol, can we use anniversary cars, specifically the corvette coupe '63?

I would assume the anniv cars are not allowed either. I did not get the anniv ed. so I would not be able to test those cars like you pointed out.

Edit;

1. Yes, rules are current and will not change barring any sort of catastrophic discovery.
  2. Correct, power limiter must read 95.0% or greater in your settings.
  3. I highly recommend that you tune with ABS1 and no other aids. Many of us run as such and using aids in your tuning may affect performance for someone not using TCS, for example. Also, if you use a DS3 I recommend using a sensitivity of 0 as that has in the past affected tunes for those of us that use a wheel.
  4. Please do not use the anniversary cars. As you said, not everyone will have those cars and we want to make sure everyone can participate. We generally will steer away from using any limited edition cars, DLC, etc. that are not open to everyone.
Anything I missed? :)

You are welcome! We vets are here to help. Any time you have a question feel free to ask. That also goes for anyone reading who isn't sure about participating as well.

And I'm off to go update the tuners and testers lists. :D

1. Yes, rules are current and will not change barring any sort of catastrophic discovery.
  2. Correct, power limiter must read 95.0% or greater in your settings.
  3. I highly recommend that you tune with ABS1 and no other aids. Many of us run as such and using aids in your tuning may affect performance for someone not using TCS, for example. Also, if you use a DS3 I recommend using a sensitivity of 0 as that has in the past affected tunes for those of us that use a wheel.
  4. Please do not use the anniversary cars. As you said, not everyone will have those cars and we want to make sure everyone can participate. We generally will steer away from using any limited edition cars, DLC, etc. that are not open to everyone.
Anything I missed? :)

Never knew about this. If my car/tune is undrivable, this is probably why ;)

I've always drove and tuned with sensitivity on 7.

@ugabugaz I always drive and tune with sensitivity 7 myself.
Actually think it's better for wheel user's since the high sensitivity is closer to the level that wheels give. Of course that's just my own opinion so...:crazy::lol:

Yeah, very limited power options as it was so close to the 500 mark to begin with after oil change, but honestly, face it, it's a Cuda, lol. Even stock it's got more then enough power to go around. From what I've experienced with the classic muscles thus far, from the camaros to the Tempest Le Mans, it's not about brute strength, it's about finding a way to calm DOWN the the brute strength, lol.
I will say this though, I tried the Superbird out, and all I can say is DRAG. Trying to get that car to do anything other then go streight I found nearly impossible. I did try though, lol. And I was going to do the Tempest for this, but I couldn't. I love that car so much, and it honestly hurt me to take the juice from it, lol. Maybe even a 550pp would better suit, but not 500.

YOU should do the Cuda too Hami, I don't expect to win amongst all these names (including yours) anyway, but most of what I know so far was from watching you and praiano in GT5, so it would be really interesting to see what you would do with the Cuda-girl.
Peace ^^

YOU should do the Cuda too Hami, I don't expect to win amongst all these names (including yours) anyway, but most of what I know so far was from watching you and praiano in GT5, so it would be really interesting to see what you would do with the Cuda-girl.
Peace ^^

When I drove the Cuda I immediately thought driver's choice candidate, then I finished a few laps and said wow that felt a lot faster. I love the car, but PD likes one other car better so it gets about a half second over the Cuda. It is still on my list so I will end up tuning it and posting a tune for it even if I don't choose to enter it. It is pure joy to drive.

I will say this though, I tried the Superbird out, and all I can say is DRAG. Trying to get that car to do anything other then go straight I found nearly impossible. I did try though, lol.
I agree that all the Superbird wants to do is go straight, but I'm stubborn and want this car to run well. I should have the tune done soon tho.

I love the vet I tuned up, but it's a wheel spinner, I drive a 1.38 and I think a better driver can get more out of it. I may end up changing the car will see when I chance to get in a test more cars next week I think I may have jumped the gun as little, . Dun worry I'll update the original tune list if I do change the car.

Last edited:
As usual, I am posting here later then I would like to have been. Looks like we have a big field of cars! If there's still room could you add me as a tuna. :dopey:

Here is my entry.

Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66

link here

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca.jpg

Last edited:
That car is the reason I didn't sign up to test also, lol.
I don't have one yet, and I have a list of "wants" that comes before getting one. 2.6 mil right? Man I wish we could share cars like before ><

Wow, well I guess that works. It doesnt say you "must" change the oil, so yeah.
So that car gets in by the hair on its chin, lol.

It does say ;
  • "It is highly recommended to tune your car with an oil change so that builds will match up easily"

I would say probably so. Also, we need to make sure the testers can all afford the car you tuned.

edit: conversation sent to all but @Motor City Hami because I'm assuming he might be able to scrape a couple pennies together, and I could only have 10 people in the conversation.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back