FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

Anyway, I worked for a lot of lobsterman during my teens for good cash, and the Vette engine is a popular one for those 30 footers.
When I left school my first apprenticeship was as a boat fitter and mechanic, most of the inboard engines were either corvette engines (LS?) or occasionally Rover V8s, a lot of people preferred the 'vette motor because it was a steel block rather than aluminium (salt water and aluminium do not mix!). We had one customer who had two mounted side by side in a 26ft speedboat, went like stink and sounded brutal because the exhausts just came straight out the deck. I think it was kicking out around 800bhp in total and would do about 150mph on a calm day! Most offshore race boats run a Lamborghini V12 instead of a big V8 because the engine has a lower profile and is easier to build an aerodynamic shape around (and kicking out 3000hp lol)

Car: Chevrolet Nova SS '70

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power:
438 BHP @ 5800 Rpm / 63.9 kgfm @ 3900 Rpm

Weight: 1385 kg

Performance Points: 500

Tires: CH

Suspension:(Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 95 Rear: 90

Spring Rate: Front: 12.66 kg Rear: 6.02 kg

Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 2

Dampers (Extension): Front: 6 Rear: 4

Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 6 Rear: 2
Camber Angle (-): Front: 2.0° Rear: 0.6°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.12° Rear: 0.16°

Drivetrain (Fully Customisable Transmission)

Speed: 137 mph

1: 4.214
2: 2.860
3: 2.079
4: 1.596
5: 1.293
Final: 3.005

Differential Gear:Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff
Initial Torque: R= 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 7
Braking Sensitivity: R= 7
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin-plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Centre Differential: Standard

Power

Power Limiter: 98.1%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: SportsComputer
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage:
Nitrous Oxide (N2O):
No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement: Yes

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 113kg
Ballast position: + 50
I was looking thru your post to find english names for parts. Just for information, I can't find the brakes + brake setup on your Nova.

My El Camino is getting close.
Wasn't thrilled by the gearing I had on the first test mule (which I oil changed) so bought a second car (no oil change) and started doing some real world transmission and rear end research.
Not a big fan of replicas usually but hit on a perfect 5 speed real world transmission setup that works wonders and I'll be using it on all my GM cars with 5 speed FC transmissions from now on.:cheers:

AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70
500PP, 414hp, 1300kg
Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

12143854685_f2a5f9329d_z.jpg

Tune built for the FITT American Classics Shootout (Classic Muscle Class) at Laguna Seca Raceway - January 25, 2014

Slow in and fast out will be very rewarding to the test pilots. Blasting through corner entry and missing the apex is likely to to require a lift on corner exit. Get the braking zone right and clip the apex and you should be able to mash the throttle for a fast exit.

Link to tune --> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-10#post-9265072

Dick Putty
Based on the Plymouth Superbird '70

Ronda_3_zps030e4ba3.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_4_zpsc629cc41.jpg

446bhp
500pp
weight 1516 Kg

parts
Oil Change
Paint - Pathfinder Blue Pearlescent
PDI P525N wheels painted Red
Sport Hard Tires
Hight Adjustable/Fully Adjustable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Custom Transmission
Fully Custom Mechanical LSD
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Shaft
Stage 3 weight Reduction

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune
Ride Hight - Front: 100 Rear: 110
Spring Rate- Front: 5.00 Rear: 5.00
Compression- Front: 2 Rear: 1
Extension- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 3 Rear: 1
Camber- Front: 1.5 Rear: 2.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.18 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 4

Gearing
Final Gear - 5.000
Top Speed - 99
1st - 2.413
2nd - 1.750
3rd - 1.400
4th - 1.200
5th - 0.997
Final - 3.000

LSD - 12/9/15

Weight Adjustment - 200@ 50

TUNER NOTES -
Let the car roll through the corners, and ease onto the gas... you'll be fine :D
Last, but fine :dopey:

Ronda_1_zps6e9a036e.jpg

Last edited:
Final Tune

El Camino SS 396 '67

Stats:
500PP
437HP
483ft-lb
1323kg

Suspension:
Ride Height:106/104
Spring Rate: 16.00/5.99
Compression:7/2
Extension:6/10
Anti Roll Bars:3/7

Camber Angle:0/0.0
Toe Angle:0.36/0.00

Brakes:4/3

LSD:
Initial Torque: 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10
Braking Sensitivity: 14

Transmission:
Set to Max: 143 MPH

Installed Parts
*Racing Brakes
*Triple Clutch
*Carbon Drive Shaft
Power
*Sports Computer
*Racing Exhaust
*Catalytic Converter-Sports
*Intake Tuning
*Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Body
*Stage 3 Weight Reduction
*Carbon Hoody
*Window Weight Reduction

BODY
120 KG Ballast @ 50(+)

Ok here goes nothing....

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
1,513kg/387bhp
50:50 weight distribution
500PP

Misc.
Oil change!
Custom Wing A
Aero Kit C

Suspension and brakes
Fully adjustable suspension
Ride height:
120mm front and rear
Spring rate: 9.52 kgf/mm front and rear
Dampers (Compression): 2 front and rear
Dampers (Extension): 8 front and rear
Anti-roll bars: 5 front 4 rear
Camber: 0.0 front and rear
Toe: -0.15 front 0.00 rear

Racing brake kit
Brake balance:
5 front and rear

Drivetrain (Transmission)
Fully customisable transmission
Max speed:
1: 3.715
2: 2.521
3: 1.833
4: 1.407
5: 1.140
FD: 3.230

Drivetrain
Fully customisable LSD
Initial:
Accel: 12
Decel: 15

Triple plate clutch
Carbon prop shaft

Power
Power limiter: 98.3%

Engine tuning stage 1
Sports Computer
Racing exhaust
Intake tuning

Body
Downforce: 0 front 20 rear
Ballast: 200kg
Ballast position: +50%

Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon bonnet
Window weight reduction

Sorry won't be able to get a Trans Am tune done in time for the second class so just the one entry from me.:(

By the way if anyone isn't familiar with Lenco Transmissions I suggest you google them and check out a couple video's of them in action. Simply awesome looking and nearly indestructable. Yes I know they are mainly built for drag racing, but the ST1200 is a street/strip version and there are a couple companies that work with Lenco to make them livable both for daily driving and autocross/circuit racing.:bowdown:

So, unfortunately I won't be able to participate as a taste this go round. Long story short, my last good controller has now bit the dust and I can't fairly put together consistent laps. Wondering if it is a sign for me to finally get a wheel. Either way, I won't be making the investment in the next week or so. Hopefully by next shootout. Dang! I was excited for my first! Good luck to everyone, the cars look great and I'll be following along!

EDIT: as a TESTER... not as a taste.... major typo

Last edited:
So, unfortunately I won't be able to participate as a taste this go round. Long story short, my last good controller has now bit the dust and I can't fairly put together consistent laps. Wondering if it is a sign for me to finally get a wheel. Either way, I won't be making the investment in the next week or so. Hopefully by next shootout. Dang! I was excited for my first! Good luck to everyone, the cars look great and I'll be following along!
That sucks!

You didn't have anything almost tuned? Close?
Even a 95% car, would be worth throwing in, if you were close enough?
Sorry to hear about one of your vital organs dieing (yes, I'm talking about your controller, lol)

All tunes are now linked in post 2 and split into the two groups. Tuners please check everything is linked correctly and that I have named the correct model, particularly for those cars that have similar models/years.

Testers, hope you've been stockpiling in your bank account! Over the next two weeks please test these tunes to the best of your ability. Don't worry if your times are slower than someone else. The variety of styles and abilities is what makes the results interesting. You can choose to do one of the groups or both, but you must post results for all of the cars in a group for your results to count.

Again, record your fastest clean lap and rank them on a scale of 1 to 10 for other factors such as ease of driving, improvement from stock, etc. Driver's Choice is per car, not car against car, so multiple cars can have the same score. If you wish and have the time please also provide some comments about your experience with the tune. Many tuners, especially those who have not entered before or are just getting started, will use the comments as the biggest takeaway for how they can improve or what they did well.

Sorry to hear that. I definitely recommend a wheel if you play a lot of GT. Even an old one off eBay like my DFGT. :) Best 50 bucks I've spent in gaming. :sly:

All tunes are now linked in post 2 and split into the two groups. Tuners please check everything is linked correctly and that I have named the correct model, particularly for those cars that have similar models/years.

Testers, hope you've been stockpiling in your bank account! Over the next two weeks please test these tunes to the best of your ability. Don't worry if your times are slower than someone else. The variety of styles and abilities is what makes the results interesting. You can choose to do one of the groups or both, but you must post results for all of the cars in a group for your results to count.

Again, record your fastest clean lap and rank them on a scale of 1 to 10 for other factors such as ease of driving, improvement from stock, etc. Driver's Choice is per car, not car against car, so multiple cars can have the same score. If you wish and have the time please also provide some comments about your experience with the tune. Many tuners, especially those who have not entered before or are just getting started, will use the comments as the biggest takeaway for how they can improve or what they did well.

Sorry to hear that. I definitely recommend a wheel if you play a lot of GT. Even an old one off eBay like my DFGT. :) Best 50 bucks I've spent in gaming. :sly:
would it be ok if I resubmit my entry? When I copy/pasted my template I forgot to change the tire type and list the brake upgrade

That sucks!

You didn't have anything almost tuned? Close?
Even a 95% car, would be worth throwing in, if you were close enough?
Sorry to hear about one of your vital organs dieing (yes, I'm talking about your controller, lol)
Yeah I meant to say tester not taste. Yeah it sucks. I think it is time for a wheel. There aren't too many other games coming out on PS3 that I see myself playing. The next major investment will be a PS4. I wish the PS4 controller was compatible with GT6. I'm looking on ebay like DigitalBaka said for DFGT.

Tuners, please be specific about added parts, power limiter settings, and oil changes.

For example, there are two Mustang Mach 1's with downforce settings, but no specification for purchasing aero parts.

Another PITA is having to guess about why the HP, torque and PP values don't match. Did they change the oil? Did they use the power limiter? Is the car broken in? Please tell us.

There are 27 different cars to build, and I don't have the time to make guesses about what the tuners did with each one. If you want your car tested, then please make it easy for the testers.

Was the cap an added option from GT Auto? Nicely done.
Yes, the cap is found under the "Other" category.:D

The car almost didn't get submitted for this event. By late Saturday it had me so frustrated that I nearly pulled the plug. Decided yesterday to give it one more go and finally got it running fairly consistent laps.

Doubt the car will be anywhere near the fastest and pretty sure some cars like the Cuda's will be better driver's, so this is more about getting an oddball out there for fun than taking a serious shot at the podium.:lol:

Tuners, please be specific about added parts, power limiter settings, and oil changes.

For example, there are two Mustang Mach 1's with downforce settings, but no specification for purchasing aero parts.

Another PITA is having to guess about why the HP, torque and PP values don't match. Did they change the oil? Did they use the power limiter? Is the car broken in? Please tell us.

There are 27 different cars to build, and I don't have the time to make guesses about what the tuners did with each one. If you want your car tested, then please make it easy for the testers.

It was said in the OP that Oil change is recommended - the Ford GT40's can't meet the specs at 500PP with an oil change and 95% engine limiting, so they're sorted if you've been reading this thread.

Desperado also said he hasn't done an oil change on his car, if you've been reading the thread you'd know that.

Everyone else assume they've done an oil change because the shootout pretty much insists on one this time around.

It would also help if you provided some names so that those people could update their tunes for the testers benefit. Rather than just moaning about people without saying who you're moaning about, it helps nobody, say who's tunes you're having trouble with.

It was said in the OP that Oil change is recommended - the Ford GT40's can't meet the specs at 500PP with an oil change and 95% engine limiting, so they're sorted if you've been reading this thread.

Desperado also said he hasn't done an oil change on his car, if you've been reading the thread you'd know that.

Everyone else assume they've done an oil change because the shootout pretty much insists on one this time around.

It would also help if you provided some names so that those people could update their tunes for the testers benefit. Rather than just moaning about people without saying who you're moaning about, it helps nobody, say who's tunes you're having trouble with.
If you've been reading this thread, you would know that I know about the GT40 and oil changes. And no, I'm not going to re-read the thread to find information missing from the tuning sheets. Also, if you attempted any of these builds, you would know that many more tuners other than Desperado have not changed oil. It would be nice for that to be mentioned on the sheets.

xande1959 and ugabugaz use downforce on the Mach 1, but don't mention buying aero parts. I haven't read every tune, so there are probably other similar examples. All I'm requesting is that people look over their tuning sheets and make sure they specified everything.

It doesn't matter to me anymore. The attitudes of some tuners are self-defeating and I'm no longer interested in spending the time and credits to help people like you, iainoflo85.

Back