FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bowtie-muscle
  • 972 comments
  • 81,101 views
I think I have everyone in the right place in the Tuner/Tester listings, please let me know if anything is incorrect 👍
 
I think I have everyone in the right place in the Tuner/Tester listings, please let me know if anything is incorrect 👍
You have me listed as testing both classes. Other wise looks good.
 
Having not driven Grand Valley East Reverse very often I thought I should probably take my S2000 for a few laps so that I could familiarise myself with the track layout....



(Please leave adequate sets of spare tyres when handing over your car) :lol:
 
Having not driven Grand Valley East Reverse very often I thought I should probably take my S2000 for a few laps so that I could familiarise myself with the track layout....



(Please leave adequate sets of spare tyres when handing over your car) :lol:

Show off! :lol: did you drift an entire lap?
At least I won't have to worry about spare tires ;)
 
Show off! :lol: did you drift an entire lap?
At least I won't have to worry about spare tires ;)
More or less, I was going to throw a 360 in before the last corner but I can't get my head around doing them with manual trans :lol:
 
More or less, I was going to throw a 360 in before the last corner but I can't get my head around doing them with manual trans :lol:
I hear ya lol I can't get my head around drifting yet so the only thing. I could think would be do them in auto and watch the gears on replay and practice that shifting pattern
 
Put me down for tuning class 1. I will try and free up some time in a few days once I have finished my long days on placement. Thanks.
 
I hear ya lol I can't get my head around drifting yet so the only thing. I could think would be do them in auto and watch the gears on replay and practice that shifting pattern
Its fairly simple doing a 360, lift off the throttle, scandinavian flick to full steering lock with a bit of handbrake to do a 180, put the car in reverse, jump on the gass and keep the same steering lock, as soon as you're facing the forwards slam it into first and straighten the car up.
I just find that because I use the sticks for steering and throttle that I can't get my hands in a comfortable position to shift effectively, my fingers feel more comfortable pushing up underneath L2/R2 than they do being sat on them.

Drifting with a wheel is difficult apparently, you have to be so quick applying lots of opposite lock or the car will just spin on you before you've had chance to react, apparently minimum lock angle and turning off FFB is the normal set up for drifting.
 
Its fairly simple doing a 360, lift off the throttle, scandinavian flick to full steering lock with a bit of handbrake to do a 180, put the car in reverse, jump on the gass and keep the same steering lock, as soon as you're facing the forwards slam it into first and straighten the car up.
I just find that because I use the sticks for steering and throttle that I can't get my hands in a comfortable position to shift effectively, my fingers feel more comfortable pushing up underneath L2/R2 than they do being sat on them.

Drifting with a wheel is difficult apparently, you have to be so quick applying lots of opposite lock or the car will just spin on you before you've had chance to react, apparently minimum lock angle and turning off FFB is the normal set up for drifting.
I use sticks for steering/throttle too but I left gas on x and brake on square so that if I spin I can just use square to reverse regardless of what gear I'm in. 👍 I also use l1/r1 for shifting because I found my self double shifting a lot using the triggers
 
I use sticks for steering/throttle too but I left gas on x and brake on square so that if I spin I can just use square to reverse regardless of what gear I'm in. 👍 I also use l1/r1 for shifting because I found my self double shifting a lot using the triggers
There aren't enough buttons or fingers to find an amicable solution, I think I'll just leave manual until I get a wheel :lol:
 
There aren't enough buttons or fingers to find an amicable solution, I think I'll just leave manual until I get a wheel :lol:
I like L2/R2 for throttle, left stick for steering, and x/square or right stick for shifting, sometimes I alternate my shifting pattern.

On topic, if I get time I will try to tune for class 1.
 
@Bowtie-muscle @DolHaus nicely done with this challenge thus far dead even split on the tuners so far. Now I wonder how the cars will turn out :confused: if it will be lopsided or pretty even.
Yeah its looking good so far 👍

Thank you to everyone whos signed up and best of luck with the contest. Having put a base tune on all of the GT300 cars I can't split them based on performance so it should be a tight run contest :cheers:
 
Good split indeed^^
(I'm just happy I'm not tuning agienst MCH or Praiano, lol. I actually have a shot at the first 3 now^^)
Indeed :lol:

Thank you to everyone whos signed up and best of luck with the contest. Having put a base tune on all of the GT300 cars I can't split them based on performance so it should be a tight run contest :cheers:

I think it's going to come down to what car the most people find the easiest to drive.
 
Back