FITT: Blind Tuning Challenge! Congrats to Bowtie-muscle & Otaliema! Tuners Revealed!!

mgo
Sorry for the delay guys, I got t busy at work someone is missing so I took double shift.

There is my reviews for the duel :

Tuner #1
Time โ€“ 1:12:016 DC 8
Very good job on the gearbox - lost of grip make the car not easy to over drive.

Tuner #2
Time โ€“ 1:15:037 DC 7.6
This tune may not be suitable with my driving โ€“ I think rear need bit more grip - standard gearbox might be the reason I could not get in the car

Tuner #3
Time โ€“ 1:11:203 DC 9
I had great time driving this tune โ€“ I think he is one that have the Racing Style โ€“ a bit of oversteer (manageable when you get use to the setup) - some times not getting in the curve strongly as I expected

Tuner #4
Time โ€“ 1:10:905 DC 9.6
This tune match my driving - was very easy to handle โ€“ when I got use to it fleet really nice and fun to push the car to the limits

Tuner #5
Time โ€“ 1:11:835 DC 8
Smooth gearbox โ€“ sometimes the grip made it not easy to push in corners

Tuner #6
Time โ€“ 1:11:651 DC 9.5
Nice balanced tune - easy to drive and easy to push the limits โ€“ maybe need a bit more power - the car has a very good response if loosing grip from over or under steer when over driving it's like always possible to get back on and still running through the time.

Tuner #7
Time โ€“ 1:11:402 DC 9.6
The car is well balanced grearbox is great this tune has a very good behavior in last curve

Tuner #8
Time โ€“ 1:12:161 DC 7.6
This tune might not feet my driving - gear seems to long for me โ€“ I felt the car unbalanced

Tuner #9
Time โ€“ 1:11:324 DC 9.7
Great car easy to handle โ€“ very good gearbox โ€“ got a bit of oversteer but could by over driving it

Tuner #10
Time โ€“ 1:11:337 DC 9.8
Every things good in this tune for this review is my favorite setup โ€“ gearbox very competitive a very good chassis behavior and responses โ€“ the car can be push to the limit ๐Ÿ‘

Tuner #11
Time โ€“ 1:12:838 DC 8
This tune might not feet my driving โ€“ gear is good for the track โ€“ I think it need a bit more grip to be over drive

- welcome to this amazing event. good job. good performance even with different setups.:cheers:๐Ÿ‘:gtpflag:

mgo
Sorry for the delay guys, I got t busy at work someone is missing so I took double shift.

There is my reviews for the duel :

Tuner #1
Time โ€“ 1:12:016 DC 8
Very good job on the gearbox - lost of grip make the car not easy to over drive.

Tuner #2
Time โ€“ 1:15:037 DC 7.6
This tune may not be suitable with my driving โ€“ I think rear need bit more grip - standard gearbox might be the reason I could not get in the car

Tuner #3
Time โ€“ 1:11:203 DC 9
I had great time driving this tune โ€“ I think he is one that have the Racing Style โ€“ a bit of oversteer (manageable when you get use to the setup) - some times not getting in the curve strongly as I expected

Tuner #4
Time โ€“ 1:10:905 DC 9.6
This tune match my driving - was very easy to handle โ€“ when I got use to it fleet really nice and fun to push the car to the limits

Tuner #5
Time โ€“ 1:11:835 DC 8
Smooth gearbox โ€“ sometimes the grip made it not easy to push in corners

Tuner #6
Time โ€“ 1:11:651 DC 9.5
Nice balanced tune - easy to drive and easy to push the limits โ€“ maybe need a bit more power - the car has a very good response if loosing grip from over or under steer when over driving it's like always possible to get back on and still running through the time.

Tuner #7
Time โ€“ 1:11:402 DC 9.6
The car is well balanced grearbox is great this tune has a very good behavior in last curve

Tuner #8
Time โ€“ 1:12:161 DC 7.6
This tune might not feet my driving - gear seems to long for me โ€“ I felt the car unbalanced

Tuner #9
Time โ€“ 1:11:324 DC 9.7
Great car easy to handle โ€“ very good gearbox โ€“ got a bit of oversteer but could by over driving it

Tuner #10
Time โ€“ 1:11:337 DC 9.8
Every things good in this tune for this review is my favorite setup โ€“ gearbox very competitive a very good chassis behavior and responses โ€“ the car can be push to the limit ๐Ÿ‘

Tuner #11
Time โ€“ 1:12:838 DC 8
This tune might not feet my driving โ€“ gear is good for the track โ€“ I think it need a bit more grip to be over drive

Nice times and welcome to FITT testing. Hope to see you on the next competition.

Class 1:
The Duel

Tuner #1

1:10.403
DC - 9.5

Turn 1+2
-The car felt wonderful through here, really well balanced chassis which allowed me to use brake and throttle inputs to control the rotation of the car rather than just relying on the steering alone. The car did seem to wobble slightly as the weight tried to rebalance itself on exit and this could make it fishtail slightly if you weren't expecting it, easy enough to counter once you were used to it though.

Turn 3+4
-Fairly precise, a little bit of front end push as you entered the tunnel but not a problem whilst hot lapping

Turn 5+6

-Good on entry, brakes get the job done and the turn in felt precise and clean. Could get a little bit sloppy on exit if you asked too much of the car but otherwise struck a good balance of rotation and stability.

Turn 7+8+9
-No problems through here apart from the car feeling slightly floaty, the grip was adequate but wasn't confidence inspiring.

Turn 10
-The car had good rotation and felt precise but could be a bit of a handful on exit which I fear was costing it some time. If you got it right then it would do everything you asked of it but if you got it wrong then you were paying for it all the way down the following straight.

Tuner #2
1:12.183
DC - 6

Turn 1+2

-Not bad through turn 1 but the nose really begins to push wide on turn 2. The rear rotates around nicely but the front just washes out as soon as you get on the power

Turn 3+4
-The car feels more comfortable through this section, clean weight transfer between braking and the initial turn in. The front end push is less evident but still shows if you get a less than optimal entry.

Turn 5+6
-Felt a bit hard to work with in these slower corners, not really enough weight being transferred forwards during braking to generate the turn in grip. On exit you have to be super gentle with the input to prevent the rear breaking loose, it just feels like it needs far more precision than should be necessary.

Turn 7+8+9
-The car felt responsive through this faster section but was verging on being skittish. A little too much steering angle and it would start to skate, not uncontrollable but punished the sector times.

Turn 10
-Seemed to struggle here, not much grip on entry and then loved to push wide on exit. Couldn't really find a gear that felt right, again the car was forcing me to be extremely precise but not giving any reward.

Tuner #3
1:10.367
DC - 9

Turn 1+2
-Great grip and balance with a useful amount of brake release oversteer. Once used to hoe the car reacted to inputs it was very easy to hit the same marks again and again. It could get a little bit slippery if you clipped the curb on exit but this was easy enough to avoid.

Turn 3+4
-No real problems here, a little slow to react perhaps but never bad enough to cause any major problems

Turn 5+6
-Plenty of grip on entry to turn 5 but could get a little sloppy on exit as the weight rebalanced itself. Really nice grip through turn 6 gavethe car a great run through the next section.

Turn 7+8+9
-A bit unresponsive and a touch of understeer but nothing too bad, small adjustments to the racing line were all that was required to overcome this and get through the section as fast as possible.

Turn 10
-Plenty of grip and decent rotation, very easy to be consistent with. Didn't really have any problems with grip level changes so allowed for plenty of experimentation in order to determine the fastest way in and out.

Tuner #4
1:10.103
DC - 8.5

Turn 1+2
-Fast and precise but on a knife edge all the time, one wrong move and you either lost the front end and ended up in the wall or lost the rear andended up facing back the way you came. Needs to be pushed to be fast but is completely unforgiving while doing so.

Turn 3+4
-A little bit skatey and had a habit of letting the rear come around but not too bad. A general trait of this car is never really knowing what you were going to get in terms of response while pushing.

Turn 5+6
-The car felt kind of heavy and stiff through here but was quite capable once you got used to it. It could get a bit loose on the exit to turn 6 if you clipped the curb but no worse than any other car on test.

Turn 7+8+9
-A little bit nervous and floaty through this faster section, entirely manageable and quite precise but failed to inspire confidence.

Turn 10
-Good rotation but again nervous and slightly skittish. This car has a lot of potential but its just too all or nothing to be fun, I feel if it was just a little bit more forgiving it would miles easier to string a good lap together.

Tuner #5
1:11.441
DC - 9

Turn 1+2
-Good turn in and mid corner grip but the car could get a bit unhappy towards turn 2 as the weight tried to settle. Its got really good rotation but feels like it could do with stiffer ARBs or more damping to improve predictability

Turn 3+4
-No real issues here, the car behaved and gripped well on entry but could get a little bit feisty on exit into the tunnel particularly if you went anywhere near the raised section.

Turn 5+6
-This was the worst section of the track for me using this car. Entry grip was as good and predictable as ever but exit was always tricky. The transition between 5 and 6 was made particularly difficult by the gearing, the shift between 2nd and 3rd never failed to unsettle the car.

Turn 7+8+9
-No real problems through here save for a bit of excess body roll, being that the exit from turn 6 dictates how fast you go through this section it was hard to ever really push the car much.

Turn 10
- Felt really nice and predictable through this corner, plenty of grip and the gearing felt neutral and well suited. Could run a little bit wide on exit if you fell off the optimal line but not a major issue.

Tuner #6
1:10.448
DC - 8

Turn 1+2
-Very smooth rotation and feels like it has tons of grip, decent balance and responds predictably to inputs. It did seem to struggle on exit though, the acceleration was smooth but it didn't seem to be putting much power down.

Turn 3+4
-No real problems here, the car remained stable and predictable if a little detached from the driver.

Turn 5+6
-Brakes worked well here and got the car slowed efficiently. The grip felt constant and predictable as expected but the throttle response lacked urgency.

Turn 7+8+9
-A tiny bit of understeer developed through these faster sections, the car was easy enough to pilot but the lazy engine and gearing hurt the speed and cost it some time.

Turn 10
-Predictable grip and rotation, I found I could get on the power nice and early but the car didn't really gain any speed while turning and accelerating so the advantage was lost.

Tuner #7

1:10.649
DC - 6

Turn 1+2
-I can only describe the feeling of this car as wooly. There was a fair amount of entry grip but there was a noticeable delay between input and reaction. The entry grip made the car easy to drive into the corner but it quickly tuned to understeer and washed wide

Turn 3+4
-Again the vagueness of the handling and slowness to react made it difficult to be quick through here. The exit understeer was still present and prevented the car from holding onto much speed.

Turn 5+6
-Didn't feel too bad on entry and it was easy to get back on the power on exit but once again the prevalent understeer was stopping the car from carrying any real speed.

Turn 7+8+9
-The car did quite well through this section, it had ample grip and the gearing and engine part choices really helped the car gather a good head of steam through the faster sections.

Turn 10
-No real problems through here, the tune struggled slightly with rotation and late corner push but had plenty of grip to run the wider lines as a means of compensating.

Tuner #8

1:11.596
DC - 7.5

Turn 1+2
-In terms of grip this car was very much all or nothing. It had decent entry grip and rotation but it was difficult to maintain this grip throughout the mid and late stages of the corner. If you continually checked your speed then you could keep rotating but if you tried to push then the grip would quickly fade.

Turn 3+4
-Again good entry grip and rotation but had a real tendency to let go and push wide on exit. The responsiveness of the steering was good but it just couldn't sustain the load.

Turn 5+6
-Felt fairly good through the slower corners, good accurate response from the steering and the gearing helped keep the wheelspin under control. I did find that grip on the exit to turn 6 was always a little questionable, you never really knew what you were going to get.

Turn 7+8+9
-No real problems through here, a bit floaty perhaps but no real cause for alarm.

Turn 10
-Fairly easy to navigate the car round the final bend, same issue as with everywhere else in terms of constant grip but manageable if a little frustrating at times

Tuner #9
1:10.464
DC - 7

Turn 1+2

-The car felt quite darty at the front end and very quick to rotate on entry, this could have allowed it to be very fast through this section if the exit performance backed it up. Unfortunately the front couldn't sustain the grip and would begin to understeer quite badly. If you managed to keep the front pointing in the right direction then the rear would break loose and spin away the power.

Turn 3+4
-The front end of the car was fairly easy to get pointed in the right direction but the rear had its own ideas and as a result the speed was hampered by continually lighting up the rear tyres.

Turn 5+6
-The brakes seemed a little weak on entry but the rotation of the car was quite useful through turn 5. Through turn 6 the car really struggled to hold things together, the slightest hint of curb or excessive steering input an the car would leave most of the tyres in black lines behind it.

Turn 7+8+9

-No real problems here except for the occasional bit of over rotation if you took too much curb.

Turn 10
-Didn't really like the car on this corner, it seemed to struggle to hold onto speed for some reason. The brakes made for a slow entry and the tendency to over rotate
prevented a good exit

Tuner #10
1:10.412
DC - 6

Turn 1+2
-The brakes seemd to steal grip from the front end on entry, the outside front always seem to light up and hamper rotation. The car felt very controlled but this meant I was fighting understeer all the time. You could be very consistent but the car just felt too reserved to be quick.

Turn 3+4

-Predictable and stable but slightly slow to react and lacking precision. On exit it liked to light up the rear tyres for no obvious reason, wasn't a massive issue but certainly cost the car some speed.

Turn 5+6
-Felt heavy and difficult to rotate. Was very stable on entry but loved to light up the rears at the top of 2nd gear, controllable but not ideal.

Turn 7+8+9
-A bit slow to react and some minor understeer problems but nothing major.

Turn 10
-Very consistent and predictable as expected but again I seem to be having to wait for the car to rotate of its own accord rather than having control over the route taken. Fairly fast and safe but I just didn't enjoy being a passenger all the time.

Tuner #11
1:12.204
DC - 7

Turn 1+2
-Entry wasn't too bad, a little slow to react perhaps but very stable. The problem manifested itself when braking for turn 2 where the heavy front brake bias would force the car to straighten up. This could be countered by dabbing the brakes but this meant braking earlier. The outside front was also unloading on the exit to turn 2, my guess to the cause would be the soft rear end compessing and lifting the front under acceleration.

Turn 3+4
-No real problems here, predictable grip on entry and decent rotation. A hint of understeer perhaps but nothing major

Turn 5+6
-Very stable through this section but the car developed a fair bit of understeer, its manageable but definitely costs the car some time.

Turn 7+8+9
-Again feeling slightly sluggish and a bit understeery, had to put a fair bit of thought into finding an efficient line without scrubbing speed with steering inputs or running wide.

Turn 10
-The car felt pretty nice in the last corner, had enough grip and stability to suit a few different lines. This allowed it to find a good run onto the final straight but despite being the most powerful car it wasn't really a substantial enough amount faster in a straight line to make the extra weight worth it.

Extremely consistent times and very descriptive reviews. Great testing all round!

Class 1:
The Duel

Tuner #1

DC - 9.5

Turn 1+2
-The car felt wonderful through here, really well balanced chassis which allowed me to use brake and throttle inputs to control the rotation of the car rather than just relying on the steering alone. The car did seem to wobble slightly as the weight tried to rebalance itself on exit and this could make it fishtail slightly if you weren't expecting it, easy enough to counter once you were used to it though.

Turn 3+4
-Fairly precise, a little bit of front end push as you entered the tunnel but not a problem whilst hot lapping

Turn 5+6

-Good on entry, brakes get the job done and the turn in felt precise and clean. Could get a little bit sloppy on exit if you asked too much of the car but otherwise struck a good balance of rotation and stability.

Turn 7+8+9
-No problems through here apart from the car feeling slightly floaty, the grip was adequate but wasn't confidence inspiring.

Turn 10
-The car had good rotation and felt precise but could be a bit of a handful on exit which I fear was costing it some time. If you got it right then it would do everything you asked of it but if you got it wrong then you were paying for it all the way down the following straight.

Tuner #2
DC - 6

Turn 1+2

-Not bad through turn 1 but the nose really begins to push wide on turn 2. The rear rotates around nicely but the front just washes out as soon as you get on the power

Turn 3+4
-The car feels more comfortable through this section, clean weight transfer between braking and the initial turn in. The front end push is less evident but still shows if you get a less than optimal entry.

Turn 5+6
-Felt a bit hard to work with in these slower corners, not really enough weight being transferred forwards during braking to generate the turn in grip. On exit you have to be super gentle with the input to prevent the rear breaking loose, it just feels like it needs far more precision than should be necessary.

Turn 7+8+9
-The car felt responsive through this faster section but was verging on being skittish. A little too much steering angle and it would start to skate, not uncontrollable but punished the sector times.

Turn 10
-Seemed to struggle here, not much grip on entry and then loved to push wide on exit. Couldn't really find a gear that felt right, again the car was forcing me to be extremely precise but not giving any reward.

Tuner #3
DC - 9

Turn 1+2
-Great grip and balance with a useful amount of brake release oversteer. Once used to hoe the car reacted to inputs it was very easy to hit the same marks again and again. It could get a little bit slippery if you clipped the curb on exit but this was easy enough to avoid.

Turn 3+4
-No real problems here, a little slow to react perhaps but never bad enough to cause any major problems

Turn 5+6
-Plenty of grip on entry to turn 5 but could get a little sloppy on exit as the weight rebalanced itself. Really nice grip through turn 6 gavethe car a great run through the next section.

Turn 7+8+9
-A bit unresponsive and a touch of understeer but nothing too bad, small adjustments to the racing line were all that was required to overcome this and get through the section as fast as possible.

Turn 10
-Plenty of grip and decent rotation, very easy to be consistent with. Didn't really have any problems with grip level changes so allowed for plenty of experimentation in order to determine the fastest way in and out.

Tuner #4
DC - 8.5

Turn 1+2
-Fast and precise but on a knife edge all the time, one wrong move and you either lost the front end and ended up in the wall or lost the rear andended up facing back the way you came. Needs to be pushed to be fast but is completely unforgiving while doing so.

Turn 3+4
-A little bit skatey and had a habit of letting the rear come around but not too bad. A general trait of this car is never really knowing what you were going to get in terms of response while pushing.

Turn 5+6
-The car felt kind of heavy and stiff through here but was quite capable once you got used to it. It could get a bit loose on the exit to turn 6 if you clipped the curb but no worse than any other car on test.

Turn 7+8+9
-A little bit nervous and floaty through this faster section, entirely manageable and quite precise but failed to inspire confidence.

Turn 10
-Good rotation but again nervous and slightly skittish. This car has a lot of potential but its just too all or nothing to be fun, I feel if it was just a little bit more forgiving it would miles easier to string a good lap together.

Tuner #5
DC - 9

Turn 1+2
-Good turn in and mid corner grip but the car could get a bit unhappy towards turn 2 as the weight tried to settle. Its got really good rotation but feels like it could do with stiffer ARBs or more damping to improve predictability

Turn 3+4
-No real issues here, the car behaved and gripped well on entry but could get a little bit feisty on exit into the tunnel particularly if you went anywhere near the raised section.

Turn 5+6
-This was the worst section of the track for me using this car. Entry grip was as good and predictable as ever but exit was always tricky. The transition between 5 and 6 was made particularly difficult by the gearing, the shift between 2nd and 3rd never failed to unsettle the car.

Turn 7+8+9
-No real problems through here save for a bit of excess body roll, being that the exit from turn 6 dictates how fast you go through this section it was hard to ever really push the car much.

Turn 10
- Felt really nice and predictable through this corner, plenty of grip and the gearing felt neutral and well suited. Could run a little bit wide on exit if you fell off the optimal line but not a major issue.

Tuner #6
DC - 8

Turn 1+2
-Very smooth rotation and feels like it has tons of grip, decent balance and responds predictably to inputs. It did seem to struggle on exit though, the acceleration was smooth but it didn't seem to be putting much power down.

Turn 3+4
-No real problems here, the car remained stable and predictable if a little detached from the driver.

Turn 5+6
-Brakes worked well here and got the car slowed efficiently. The grip felt constant and predictable as expected but the throttle response lacked urgency.

Turn 7+8+9
-A tiny bit of understeer developed through these faster sections, the car was easy enough to pilot but the lazy engine and gearing hurt the speed and cost it some time.

Turn 10
-Predictable grip and rotation, I found I could get on the power nice and early but the car didn't really gain any speed while turning and accelerating so the advantage was lost.

Tuner #7

DC - 6

Turn 1+2
-I can only describe the feeling of this car as wooly. There was a fair amount of entry grip but there was a noticeable delay between input and reaction. The entry grip made the car easy to drive into the corner but it quickly tuned to understeer and washed wide

Turn 3+4
-Again the vagueness of the handling and slowness to react made it difficult to be quick through here. The exit understeer was still present and prevented the car from holding onto much speed.

Turn 5+6
-Didn't feel too bad on entry and it was easy to get back on the power on exit but once again the prevalent understeer was stopping the car from carrying any real speed.

Turn 7+8+9
-The car did quite well through this section, it had ample grip and the gearing and engine part choices really helped the car gather a good head of steam through the faster sections.

Turn 10
-No real problems through here, the tune struggled slightly with rotation and late corner push but had plenty of grip to run the wider lines as a means of compensating.

Tuner #8

DC - 7.5

Turn 1+2
-In terms of grip this car was very much all or nothing. It had decent entry grip and rotation but it was difficult to maintain this grip throughout the mid and late stages of the corner. If you continually checked your speed then you could keep rotating but if you tried to push then the grip would quickly fade.

Turn 3+4
-Again good entry grip and rotation but had a real tendency to let go and push wide on exit. The responsiveness of the steering was good but it just couldn't sustain the load.

Turn 5+6
-Felt fairly good through the slower corners, good accurate response from the steering and the gearing helped keep the wheelspin under control. I did find that grip on the exit to turn 6 was always a little questionable, you never really knew what you were going to get.

Turn 7+8+9
-No real problems through here, a bit floaty perhaps but no real cause for alarm.

Turn 10
-Fairly easy to navigate the car round the final bend, same issue as with everywhere else in terms of constant grip but manageable if a little frustrating at times

Tuner #9
DC - 7

Turn 1+2

-The car felt quite darty at the front end and very quick to rotate on entry, this could have allowed it to be very fast through this section if the exit performance backed it up. Unfortunately the front couldn't sustain the grip and would begin to understeer quite badly. If you managed to keep the front pointing in the right direction then the rear would break loose and spin away the power.

Turn 3+4
-The front end of the car was fairly easy to get pointed in the right direction but the rear had its own ideas and as a result the speed was hampered by continually lighting up the rear tyres.

Turn 5+6
-The brakes seemed a little weak on entry but the rotation of the car was quite useful through turn 5. Through turn 6 the car really struggled to hold things together, the slightest hint of curb or excessive steering input an the car would leave most of the tyres in black lines behind it.

Turn 7+8+9

-No real problems here except for the occasional bit of over rotation if you took too much curb.

Turn 10
-Didn't really like the car on this corner, it seemed to struggle to hold onto speed for some reason. The brakes made for a slow entry and the tendency to over rotate
prevented a good exit

Tuner #10
DC - 6

Turn 1+2
-The brakes seemd to steal grip from the front end on entry, the outside front always seem to light up and hamper rotation. The car felt very controlled but this meant I was fighting understeer all the time. You could be very consistent but the car just felt too reserved to be quick.

Turn 3+4

-Predictable and stable but slightly slow to react and lacking precision. On exit it liked to light up the rear tyres for no obvious reason, wasn't a massive issue but certainly cost the car some speed.

Turn 5+6
-Felt heavy and difficult to rotate. Was very stable on entry but loved to light up the rears at the top of 2nd gear, controllable but not ideal.

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10
-Very consistent and predictable as expected but again I seem to be having to wait for the car to rotate of its own accord rather than having control over the route taken. Fairly fast and safe but I just didn't enjoy being a passenger all the time.

Tuner #11
DC - 7

Turn 1+2
-Entry wasn't too bad, a little slow to react perhaps but very stable. The problem manifested itself when braking for turn 2 where the heavy front brake bias would force the car to straighten up. This could be countered by dabbing the brakes but this meant braking earlier. The outside front was also unloading on the exit to turn 2, my guess to the cause would be the soft rear end compessing and lifting the front under acceleration.

Turn 3+4
-No real problems here, predictable grip on entry and decent rotation. A hint of understeer perhaps but nothing major

Turn 5+6
-Very stable through this section but the car developed a fair bit of understeer, its manageable but definitely costs the car some time.

Turn 7+8+9
-Again feeling slightly sluggish and a bit understeery, had to put a fair bit of thought into finding an efficient line without scrubbing speed with steering inputs or running wide.

Turn 10
-The car felt pretty nice in the last corner, had enough grip and stability to suit a few different lines. This allowed it to find a good run onto the final straight but despite being the most powerful car it wasn't really a substantial enough amount faster in a straight line to make the extra weight worth it.

- Dohause endurance man. 110 turns. much adrelanina congratulate very good job:bowdown::cheers:๐Ÿ‘

I have to say kudos to the folks hitting 1.10s in the duel cars. Makes me feel like a ham fisted controller jockey. :irked: I am about halfway done with testing and should make my final report sometime over the weekend.
Please do not feel like you have to get those times, unless you are an alien then by all means do it. Not everyone has the same ability, this is why the more testers the better, adds variety and a broader scope of driving styles into the mix. Just enjoy it, testing can be quite fun and you can some times learn from it. I have had a few tunes help me improve my driving I do believe.:)

mgo
was pleasure ;)

yes I did :cheers:

I was thinking about it ๐Ÿ‘
If you can and would not mind, it would be appreciated. If it were a top five tune you would be asked so it is only fair. You may not improve the time, that is okay, you can always say you tried and no one can ask for more than that.๐Ÿ‘
@Otaliema I just realized that I screwed up the time for tuner 9, I fixed it on my post, but the time should be 1.10.859, not 1:11.859. Sorry mate and to tuner 9 as well...whoever you might be!
Good catch, thank you. ๐Ÿ‘
Class 1:
The Duel

Tuner #1

DC - 9.5

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #2
DC - 6

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #3
DC - 9

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #4
DC - 8.5

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #5
DC - 9

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #6
DC - 8

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #7

DC - 6

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #8

DC - 7.5

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #9
DC - 7

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10
prevented a good exit

Tuner #10
DC - 6

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #11
DC - 7

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10
Those are some incredible times you have there Sir! WOW....Thank you for the tremendous effort and amount of time you put in.
But, I do have to tell you, if FITT testing were an Olympic or World Cup Event you would certainly get drug tested after that performance. So I need to know, are you juicing DolHaus:odd:

@DolHaus Times have been entered.
There is a new leader! Looks like Tuner #4 found that little bit to pull through in the last turn and caught a good draft to over take exiting the tunnel!

GVE R Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #4 1:11.030 +0.000
2 Tuner #10 1:11.038 +0.008
3 Tuner #7 1:11.102 +0.072
4 Tuner #9 1:11.205 +0.175
5 Tuner #6 1:11.230 +0.200

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #7 8.60
2 Tuner #4 8.47
3 Tuner #9 8.43
4 Tuner #6 8.35
5 Tuner #3 8.17

Fastest Lap at GVE R
1:10.103; Tuner #4's tune Driven By DolHaus
Things are beginning to really get interesting, I am getting excited for more reviews to see how this Duel will turn out. And thanks again for staying on top of the scoring. You are doing a FABULOUS job.:D

@DolHaus great times you got there, but still no 1:09's,:guilty: it's all up to you remaining testers. Someone has got to get it.๐Ÿ‘
Not unless we have an alien among us, at which point the rest of us will feel somewhat inferior.:dopey:

I got as close as I could but it never quite happened :lol:
Slacker;)

**Now do I get an award for squeezing all that into one post?:drool:

Those are some incredible times you have there Sir! WOW....Thank you for the tremendous effort and amount of time you put in.
But, I do have to tell you, if FITT testing were an Olympic or World Cup Event you would certainly get drug tested after that performance. So I need to know, are you juicing DolHaus:odd:
Juicing? No of course not.... I prefer my liquor straight up :lol:

Class 1:
The Duel

Tuner #1

DC - 9.5

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #2
DC - 6

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #3
DC - 9

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #4
DC - 8.5

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #5
DC - 9

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #6
DC - 8

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #7

DC - 6

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #8

DC - 7.5

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #9
DC - 7

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10
prevented a good exit

Tuner #10
DC - 6

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Tuner #11
DC - 7

Turn 1+2

Turn 3+4

Turn 5+6

Turn 7+8+9

Turn 10

Read the break down by turns review, thanks for detailed explanation. I see that variety of testers bring forth things that I didn't encounter when I drove the car. Some of the turn review were actually a surprise for me :P Now I could formulate a few things to tweak to improve it for the future use ( damper + ARB ) :cheers:

Ok. These are my results for the testing of the Duel.

All cars were given as many laps as I needed to get a decent time. All cars were tested with a DS3. Whilst testing I listened to a custom playlist of 4 Rob Zombie songs (in case anybody thinks that it could have altered the results). My first testing in a competition has been great fun, and I hope that no one is annoyed at my possibly strange times and differing driving style.

Here goes nothing.

Tune #1: RX8

DC: 7.5
Best time: 1:11.048

Not a bad car overall, but it had a feeling of dissonance with me. The whole time I drove the car I didnt feel much confidence in it's abilities. I would push it, and push it, but it would eventually just put me out onto the grass going the wrong direction with smoke and dust everywhere. I also felt that sometimes the front wheels were not even connected to the road. This however, only happened on the first corners, where I would regularly have to trail brake much more than usual to keep it off the grass. The car also seemed to use only a fraction of it's entire suspension travel, which made quite predictable, but also made it feel a but slippery at all times. Amongst all this you wonder why I gave it a 7.5 DC score. The reason for which is because for 4 or 5 laps it just kept getting faster and faster, but after this I lost a bit of patience and failed to beat the final best time, and leading on I learned the car a bit better and I warmed to it very much.

Conclusion: Good tune, but not my kind of tune.

Tune #2: S2000

DC: 8.1
Best time: 1:12.257

Very interesting tune. Loads of grip everywhere except corner entry where its heavy tail end wanted to peak around the front. I was in disbelief at the standard trans, and how it matched the track, and the only con was it's slight sluggishness on corner exit; which made the car easier to control anyway. Spread out over the whole track, this car did exceptionally well and kept me very happy most of the time. I feel that a custom trans setup would have been very beneficial to this car in terms of speed, where the tyres and suspension always seemed to wait for the engine to catch up. very relaxing tune to drive. The engine setup suited me perfectly. The fact that this tune looks, in my eyes, so disjointed and contradictory, and yet performs so well, makes me respect the tune greatly. First impressions were also good. I feel as though I could not grasp it's full potential however.

Conclusion: Different, slower, more relaxing, and very much to my liking. Very good tune: both generally and personally.

Tune #3: RX8

DC: 9.8
Best time: 1:10.880

Absolutely amazing tune: I loved every second of driving it. Everything about this car feels as if it were my own dream come true: it is the embodiment of all of my tuning dreams. The LSD setup; perfect rotation and plenty of grip on corner exit. I found that I was planting the throttle much more vigorously than normal, and when I tried my hardest to get the car to slip or spin, it simply glided through the corner as if the backwheels were not engulfed in smoke, and the front wheels were not almost on fire. This would be a great car for endurance racing. I wont go through every minor detail of this car and how it pleases me, but I will say that I could ask very little more from the tuner of this machine, Literally the only things that separate this car from being a solid 10 DC score is: the fact that 6th gear could be slightly longer for the straight to really get all the available speed out of the car; and my preference to BHP over Torque, which gives me the tiniest shred of incentive to take of the exhaust and raise the power limiter (more power).

Conclusion: My dream car; a masterpiece; a car I will likely keep for later (if thats ok). I had so much fun driving this car that I completely forgot about the best time, and when I saw that it managed a sub 1:11.000; I was all the more happy. My thanks to the tuner for so much fun in a car.

Tune #4: RX8

DC: 9.5
Best time: 1:10.048 (I have no idea how I managed it though)

Excellent car; I really loved it. The gears were near on perfect as they were an improvement on tune #3. I find it hard to compliment this car because of it's largely mechanical feeling. There are no immediate problems with the car, and likewise; there are no things that really spark my interest in it either. The one thing I can say is that I have never felt such control in my life: I actually stopped at one point to check if I had for some reason moved the TCS up to 1 or 2 it was that good. If I could name this car I would call it "Ole Faithful". I was also amazed at how fast it was.

Conclusion: Great car. EXTREMELY FAST. I wish I had more words to describe it.

Tune #5: S2000

DC: 7.4
Best time: 1:11.150

Pretty good for an S2000. The LSD setup worked pretty well with the the turbo, but the turbo itself seemed to drag the chain a little: The extra torque was not necessary, and the powerband was a bit lazy in my eyes. I also had some problems with weight transfer once the back end decided to slide. I would fight to keep the car going throught the corner without roasting the tyres, and if I went too far I simply could not rell it back in. The added ballast to the front could have been the problem. Other wise I found this car very controllable and I am happy to say that the tuner did a good job with the S2000.

Conclusion: A good S2000, definitely something I would drive in 450pp races, but some slight re-modelling of the tune and perhaps a different approach would have been better. Otherwise, very nice.

Tune #6: RX8

DC: 8.9
Best time: 1:11.220

A good tune that would have been excellent with a few changes. First impressions were good in terms of control, braking, and lap times, but as time progressed I found small recurring faults in the car. Everytime I reached the middle of corner 1 I would have to feather the brakes furiously so as not to let the car slide when I hit the throttle. I also experienced some intense understeer through the chicane just before the tunnel that would regularly have me either touching or completely smashing the wall. This car had an excellent ability to go into a corner on my racing line: Good rotation is what I am getting at here, but by the end of the corner I would have possibly understeered straight off and onto the grass. It just didnt seem to utilise the sports hards as well as it could have. I believe the power setup was basically perfect, and the gears also. I found the occasional fault with the LSD and its strange layout. I definitely believe that this car could achieve a much faster time around GVE, but I myself could not get past the faults that I found.

Conclusion: Could have been great with a different approach perhaps. Otherwise was exceptional in all aspects as a regular car to be driven.

Tune #7: RX8

DC: 8.6
Best time: 1:10.831

Good tune in terms of control. The brakes were great; I never lost a second to misjudging them. However, I did lose some time to understeer during the hairpin after the tunnel. It would always be a contest to see how far I could push it before the front wheels started to slide, and I also had some issues with the last chicane , coming up over the hill. It would tend to run wide and I regularly had to back off slightly to keep the car running on my racing line. This is the best car so far perhaps for making the first two corners. Never did I lose the tail end , and the low speed undertseer was not evident this stretch of track. I believe the LSD setup was a definite "yes" by all means, whereas certain attributes of the contrast between suspension and ballast, were a bit of a "no". I believe the camber and spring rate could have differed a little bit. That right hairpin was this cars Kryptonite.

Conclusion: Very user friendly; could take the racing line with ease in most places, and was only dragged down by two corners. For such and almost sublime tune: congrats to the tuner.

Tune #8: S2000

DC: 7.9
Best time: 1:12.418

I admit, I was rather dissapointed with this tune. Not as a whole because the overall car was great, but where one single aspect caused me to deeply dislike this car: Torque. I have experienced it many times where torque has flat out ruined one of my cars, and it has done little less here. I tried very hard to get this faster than 1:12, but it just could not stay straight. Perhaps someone more accustomed to this setup could make good use of it, but not I. The suspension was good, the brakes were good, the simple transmission was great, but none of it could help me to look past the torque. On most if not all corners I would go in relatively fast, but if I was not carrying just the right amount of momentum; I would lose my speed by backing off the throttle mid corner or on corner exit. I would love to simply remove the turbo, lower the limiter, anbd give this car a 9 or more, but I cant. I am very sorry.

Conclusion: It might make a good car for someone else, but not me, and I understand that it is not easy to make a car that appeals to everyone, so I hope that others have liked this car as much as I would have had it not been for that turbo. Good work tuner; bad luck for having me as a tester.

Tune #9: RX8

DC: 9
Best time: 1:10.787

very nice car indeed. Very fast as well. The strange ballast setup definitely caught my eye, and at first I had my doubts, but by remaining in 3rd gear I negated most of the expected sliding. Perfect amount of ration as long as you are going the right speed and can keep your foot lightly pressed to the throttle, and the brakes worked great in contrast. The suspension seemed well setout to handle the ballast, though I would have raised the rear camber and toe angle slightly out of habit. This car did give me some strife during the last corner a few times, and the entrance to the was a bit sketchy at times; even when the car was firmly set on the racing line in the right gear it wanted to do it's own thing in the the tail end. This is a very fast car that would have been better for me with some tweaks of the LSD and suspension, but you cant please everyone. I know it could have gone much faster around the track had I the time to iron out my style to suit the slippery tail of the car.

Conclusion: Awesome car, different, but awesome. Fast, but tamed with an edge of temper that showed once in a while. I thoroughly enjoyed this car though. Keep up the good work tuner #9.

Tune #10: RX8

Best time: 1:10.527

There really isnt much to say abou this car except that the tuner knew what they were doing, and that they intended on not being discovered by the likes of me. Thus I will not give detailed feedback. It felt it was an average tune, but sitting on sports medium, rather than a great tune sitting on sports hards. Everything felt good to me. It didnt like the dirt one bit.

Conclusion: Very good car; definitely a good way to finish off the RX8s.

Tune #11: S2000

DC: 9.4
Best time: 1:12.502

Very nice car to drive. It always felt as if it would run wide and slide clean off the track, but I believe that this phenomenon only happened 0 times. The heavy setup with plenty of power was a good idea, and the tougher suspension kept the car from "lolling" too much across the track. It was not fast, but it was definitely one, if not, my favorite S2000 of the Duel. the car was greatest at pulling out consistent laps. The brakes were good and the extra weight carried the car through the corners pretty well if you braked too early, but left you in trouble if you braked too early. The mid-corner grip was a bit of a mystery, where my first few laps were plagued with understeer that seemed to decrease with each completed lap afterwards. This left me very satisfied with the car.

Conclusion: Great car, and a better S2000: loved it. Good job to the tuner.

That is it.
If anyone feels as if I have been unfair; please voice your concerns nice and early so I may be able to revise the car.

Man that is a lot of typing.:mad:

All cars were given as many laps as I needed to get a decent time. All cars were tested with a DS3. Whilst testing I listened to a custom playlist of 4 Rob Zombie songs (in case anybody thinks that it could have altered the results). My first testing in a competition has been great fun, and I hope that no one is annoyed at my possibly strange times and differing driving style.

Here goes nothing.

Not a bad car overall, but it had a feeling of dissonance with me. The whole time I drove the car I didnt feel much confidence in it's abilities. I would push it, and push it, but it would eventually just put me out onto the grass going the wrong direction with smoke and dust everywhere. I also felt that sometimes the front wheels were not even connected to the road. This however, only happened on the first corners, where I would regularly have to trail brake much more than usual to keep it off the grass. The car also seemed to use only a fraction of it's entire suspension travel, which made quite predictable, but also made it feel a but slippery at all times. Amongst all this you wonder why I gave it a 7.5 DC score. The reason for which is because for 4 or 5 laps it just kept getting faster and faster, but after this I lost a bit of patience and failed to beat the final best time, and leading on I learned the car a bit better and I warmed to it very much.

Very interesting tune. Loads of grip everywhere except corner entry where its heavy tail end wanted to peak around the front. I was in disbelief at the standard trans, and how it matched the track, and the only con was it's slight sluggishness on corner exit; which made the car easier to control anyway. Spread out over the whole track, this car did exceptionally well and kept me very happy most of the time. I feel that a custom trans setup would have been very beneficial to this car in terms of speed, where the tyres and suspension always seemed to wait for the engine to catch up. very relaxing tune to drive. The engine setup suited me perfectly. The fact that this tune looks, in my eyes, so disjointed and contradictory, and yet performs so well, makes me respect the tune greatly. First impressions were also good. I feel as though I could not grasp it's full potential however.

Conclusion: Different, slower, more relaxing, and very much to my liking. Very good tune: both generally and personally.

Absolutely amazing tune: I loved every second of driving it. Everything about this car feels as if it were my own dream come true: it is the embodiment of all of my tuning dreams. The LSD setup; perfect rotation and plenty of grip on corner exit. I found that I was planting the throttle much more vigorously than normal, and when I tried my hardest to get the car to slip or spin, it simply glided through the corner as if the backwheels were not engulfed in smoke, and the front wheels were not almost on fire. This would be a great car for endurance racing. I wont go through every minor detail of this car and how it pleases me, but I will say that I could ask very little more from the tuner of this machine, Literally the only things that separate this car from being a solid 10 DC score is: the fact that 6th gear could be slightly longer for the straight to really get all the available speed out of the car; and my preference to BHP over Torque, which gives me the tiniest shred of incentive to take of the exhaust and raise the power limiter (more power).

Conclusion: My dream car; a masterpiece; a car I will likely keep for later (if thats ok). I had so much fun driving this car that I completely forgot about the best time, and when I saw that it managed a sub 1:11.000; I was all the more happy. My thanks to the tuner for so much fun in a car.

Excellent car; I really loved it. The gears were near on perfect as they were an improvement on tune #3. I find it hard to compliment this car because of it's largely mechanical feeling. There are no immediate problems with the car, and likewise; there are no things that really spark my interest in it either. The one thing I can say is that I have never felt such control in my life: I actually stopped at one point to check if I had for some reason moved the TCS up to 1 or 2 it was that good. If I could name this car I would call it "Ole Faithful". I was also amazed at how fast it was.

Pretty good for an S2000. The LSD setup worked pretty well with the the turbo, but the turbo itself seemed to drag the chain a little: The extra torque was not necessary, and the powerband was a bit lazy in my eyes. I also had some problems with weight transfer once the back end decided to slide. I would fight to keep the car going throught the corner without roasting the tyres, and if I went too far I simply could not rell it back in. The added ballast to the front could have been the problem. Other wise I found this car very controllable and I am happy to say that the tuner did a good job with the S2000.

Conclusion: A good S2000, definitely something I would drive in 450pp races, but some slight re-modelling of the tune and perhaps a different approach would have been better. Otherwise, very nice.

A good tune that would have been excellent with a few changes. First impressions were good in terms of control, braking, and lap times, but as time progressed I found small recurring faults in the car. Everytime I reached the middle of corner 1 I would have to feather the brakes furiously so as not to let the car slide when I hit the throttle. I also experienced some intense understeer through the chicane just before the tunnel that would regularly have me either touching or completely smashing the wall. This car had an excellent ability to go into a corner on my racing line: Good rotation is what I am getting at here, but by the end of the corner I would have possibly understeered straight off and onto the grass. It just didnt seem to utilise the sports hards as well as it could have. I believe the power setup was basically perfect, and the gears also. I found the occasional fault with the LSD and its strange layout. I definitely believe that this car could achieve a much faster time around GVE, but I myself could not get past the faults that I found.

Conclusion: Could have been great with a different approach perhaps. Otherwise was exceptional in all aspects as a regular car to be driven.

Good tune in terms of control. The brakes were great; I never lost a second to misjudging them. However, I did lose some time to understeer during the hairpin after the tunnel. It would always be a contest to see how far I could push it before the front wheels started to slide, and I also had some issues with the last chicane , coming up over the hill. It would tend to run wide and I regularly had to back off slightly to keep the car running on my racing line. This is the best car so far perhaps for making the first two corners. Never did I lose the tail end , and the low speed undertseer was not evident this stretch of track. I believe the LSD setup was a definite "yes" by all means, whereas certain attributes of the contrast between suspension and ballast, were a bit of a "no". I believe the camber and spring rate could have differed a little bit. That right hairpin was this cars Kryptonite.

Conclusion: Very user friendly; could take the racing line with ease in most places, and was only dragged down by two corners. For such and almost sublime tune: congrats to the tuner.

I admit, I was rather dissapointed with this tune. Not as a whole because the overall car was great, but where one single aspect caused me to deeply dislike this car: Torque. I have experienced it many times where torque has flat out ruined one of my cars, and it has done little less here. I tried very hard to get this faster than 1:12, but it just could not stay straight. Perhaps someone more accustomed to this setup could make good use of it, but not I. The suspension was good, the brakes were good, the simple transmission was great, but none of it could help me to look past the torque. On most if not all corners I would go in relatively fast, but if I was not carrying just the right amount of momentum; I would lose my speed by backing off the throttle mid corner or on corner exit. I would love to simply remove the turbo, lower the limiter, anbd give this car a 9 or more, but I cant. I am very sorry.

Conclusion: It might make a good car for someone else, but not me, and I understand that it is not easy to make a car that appeals to everyone, so I hope that others have liked this car as much as I would have had it not been for that turbo. Good work tuner; bad luck for having me as a tester.

very nice car indeed. Very fast as well. The strange ballast setup definitely caught my eye, and at first I had my doubts, but by remaining in 3rd gear I negated most of the expected sliding. Perfect amount of ration as long as you are going the right speed and can keep your foot lightly pressed to the throttle, and the brakes worked great in contrast. The suspension seemed well setout to handle the ballast, though I would have raised the rear camber and toe angle slightly out of habit. This car did give me some strife during the last corner a few times, and the entrance to the was a bit sketchy at times; even when the car was firmly set on the racing line in the right gear it wanted to do it's own thing in the the tail end. This is a very fast car that would have been better for me with some tweaks of the LSD and suspension, but you cant please everyone. I know it could have gone much faster around the track had I the time to iron out my style to suit the slippery tail of the car.

Conclusion: Awesome car, different, but awesome. Fast, but tamed with an edge of temper that showed once in a while. I thoroughly enjoyed this car though. Keep up the good work tuner #9.

There really isnt much to say abou this car except that the tuner knew what they were doing, and that they intended on not being discovered by the likes of me. Thus I will not give detailed feedback. It felt it was an average tune, but sitting on sports medium, rather than a great tune sitting on sports hards. Everything felt good to me. It didnt like the dirt one bit.

Very nice car to drive. It always felt as if it would run wide and slide clean off the track, but I believe that this phenomenon only happened 0 times. The heavy setup with plenty of power was a good idea, and the tougher suspension kept the car from "lolling" too much across the track. It was not fast, but it was definitely one, if not, my favorite S2000 of the Duel. the car was greatest at pulling out consistent laps. The brakes were good and the extra weight carried the car through the corners pretty well if you braked too early, but left you in trouble if you braked too early. The mid-corner grip was a bit of a mystery, where my first few laps were plagued with understeer that seemed to decrease with each completed lap afterwards. This left me very satisfied with the car.

That is it.
If anyone feels as if I have been unfair; please voice your concerns nice and early so I may be able to revise the car.

That there is a really good review, thank you for the time and effort and overall really good lap times :eek:!
If you have the keys to the car, just don't give them back :dopey:
Glad you enjoyed some fun, hard to ask but I have to, do you have any idea who's tune was whose?

Here goes nothing.

That is it.

First, :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, great job and like a few other testers, you hit the nail on the head with the good and the bad of my tune. I know I can be a crazy man some times, but I try to keep those tunes to myself as they probably are too crazy. Thanks for the review and looking forward to seeing you participate in the next event. :cheers:

Here goes nothing.

That is it.

Fantastic driving and great feed back sir Thank you :)
Times have been loaded up.

Looks like tuner #4 has pulled away leading in to the back straight and is making a run for the finish with #10 hot on his tail pipe.

GVE R Lap Time Podium
1 Tuner #4 1:10.889 +0.000
2 Tuner #10 1:10.965 +0.075
3 Tuner #7 1:11.063 +0.174
4 Tuner #9 1:11.145 +0.256
5 Tuner #3 1:11.222 +0.332

Drivers Choice Podium
1 Tuner #4 8.61
2 Tuner #7 8.60
3 Tuner #9 8.51
4 Tuner #6 8.43
5 Tuner #3 8.40

Fastest Lap at GVE R
1:10.048; Tuner #4's tune Driven By nijalnininja

@Bowtie-muscle Thank you for your comment earlier. I will gladly score any event. :)

Here goes nothing.

That is it.

Nice times again, Thanks for the review and comments on my tune. Great testing all round so far.

Here goes nothing.

That is it.

I think you are one of the tester that gave good impression on my car, glad it worked out well, but I won't say more ;) Awesome times too on all the cars :P

Ok, please bear with me as I am not by any means a pro driver. I have been racing Gran Turismo since the first game came out on PS1, but as stated earlier, you guys are out of my league. I use the DS3 controller (both sticks) and a (gasp) automatic transmission. Doing this challenge did teach me a few things about how different cars want and/or need to be driven on a different line and that I need more practice and patience on harder tires. That being said, here goes.

Tune #1 1.12.434 DC score 7.8

This car had plenty of understeer everywhere and just left me with an uneasy feeling when driving it. You have to turn in early and hope it sticks on exit. Also the transition from push to grip is not a smooth one so it often felt like the front end was being yanked over when it caught. Good power and decent gearing were a bonus, but this is not an optimal tune for me.

Tune #2 1.12.946 DC score 8.1

The first of the S2000s had spectacular chassis balance and was very comfy to drive for me. With a real trans and a touch more trail braking, it would be a fantastic tune. Rotated well on slower corners, but felt sluggish at times, especially on the front straight.

Tune #3 1.11.429 DC score 9.7

This car felt right at home as if I had tuned it myself. Great chassis balance with perfect brakes and good acceleration everywhere. I ran my fastest time in this one and it's definitely a keeper!!

Tune #4 1.11.504 DC score 9.5

This car felt just as good as #3 to me and was very easy to drive at the limit. The gearbox was outstanding and fit the track very well. If I were to change anything, I would try to iron out the slight tendency for corner exit understeer. Overall, a great tune.

Tune #5 1.12.822 DC score 8.4

This one was great on the higher speed corners but the transition from corner entry understeer to corner exit oversteer was hard for me to manage at times. It was also harder for me to put the power down in the low speed section after the tunnel. It just required more throttle finesse than some of the others. Otherwise, pretty decent tune overall.

Tune #6 1.11.445 DC score 9.0

This car was very stable everywhere, especially through 1 & 2. Slight understeer makes you hit your marks but the car rewards you if you do. This car has great rear wheel traction everywhere and really puts the power down. Great tune.

Tune #7 1.11.630 DC score 9.2

Perfect chassis balance on this one and it really goes where you point it. I felt like I could drive this one all day (and at 26 laps, I think I did). If I could change one thing, it would be the gearbox as it felt a little short at times. Otherwise fantastic tune. This will be a keeper as well.

Tune #8 1.14.002 DC score 7

This was by far the hardest car for me to drive as I use an auto trans. Once you get down to 2nd, it just wants to roast the tires from too much torque. It had just a little too much trail braking in the faster corners which would heat up the tires making exit oversteer almost inevitable. With a TC setting of 2, I could have probably gotten a much better time.

Tune #9 1.12.049 DC score 8.3

The chassis balance on this one was pretty good as were the brakes, but it's inability to put the power down in the slower corners hurt my lap times tremendously. The trans was very good for the track and with a few tweaks it could be a great car.

Tune #10 1.11.534 DC score 8.9

This was a really good car, but it's tendency to understeer meant you had to run the path the car chose. It was very fast and didn't disappoint on the lap times, but I wouldn't want to have to drive it in traffic. You get a little off line and it wasn't very forgiving. Still, overall a fast car.

Tune #11 1.12.966 DC score 8.1

The last car was very stable and forgiving with plenty of grip everywhere and good rear traction. It felt heavier and slightly less responsive, but very safe. I think what hurt the lap times the most was the trans feeling too tall and sluggish at times. It was a good tune, but didn't seem to stand out from the crowd.

I want to thank you guys for letting me get in on your testing session and I did have a lot of fun with it. It's cool to see how different tuners take different approaches to the same car and in the end, they suit different driving styles. I like my cars to be a little loose going in and hold the line coming out. They need to be able to change direction quickly (especially in traffic) and be forgiving at times. Some of the tunes in this challenge did just that and I applaud everyone's efforts. You guys make the gaming world a better place. As far as guessing which tune belongs to which person, I have no guesses. I am not familiar enough with any of the tuners to say this is (XXX)'s tune. I tune most of my cars myself, but come on here and randomly search for tunes if I get stumped on a particular car. I will try 2-3 from the site and tweak the one that works best for me. As stated before, I don't do a lot of driving on harder tires so that made the driving more of a challenge for me to control cars with less grip than I am used to. I also tend to use TC settings of 1 or 2 quite often to overcome my tendency to get impatient when pushing the limits.

Ok, please bear with me as I am not by any means a pro driver. I have been racing Gran Turismo since the first game came out on PS1, but as stated earlier, you guys are out of my league. I use the DS3 controller (both sticks) and a (gasp) automatic transmission. Doing this challenge did teach me a few things about how different cars want and/or need to be driven on a different line and that I need more practice and patience on harder tires. That being said, here goes.

This car had plenty of understeer everywhere and just left me with an uneasy feeling when driving it. You have to turn in early and hope it sticks on exit. Also the transition from push to grip is not a smooth one so it often felt like the front end was being yanked over when it caught. Good power and decent gearing were a bonus, but this is not an optimal tune for me.

The first of the S2000s had spectacular chassis balance and was very comfy to drive for me. With a real trans and a touch more trail braking, it would be a fantastic tune. Rotated well on slower corners, but felt sluggish at times, especially on the front straight.

This car felt right at home as if I had tuned it myself. Great chassis balance with perfect brakes and good acceleration everywhere. I ran my fastest time in this one and it's definitely a keeper!!

This car felt just as good as #3 to me and was very easy to drive at the limit. The gearbox was outstanding and fit the track very well. If I were to change anything, I would try to iron out the slight tendency for corner exit understeer. Overall, a great tune.

This one was great on the higher speed corners but the transition from corner entry understeer to corner exit oversteer was hard for me to manage at times. It was also harder for me to put the power down in the low speed section after the tunnel. It just required more throttle finesse than some of the others. Otherwise, pretty decent tune overall.

This car was very stable everywhere, especially through 1 & 2. Slight understeer makes you hit your marks but the car rewards you if you do. This car has great rear wheel traction everywhere and really puts the power down. Great tune.

Perfect chassis balance on this one and it really goes where you point it. I felt like I could drive this one all day (and at 26 laps, I think I did). If I could change one thing, it would be the gearbox as it felt a little short at times. Otherwise fantastic tune. This will be a keeper as well.

This was by far the hardest car for me to drive as I use an auto trans. Once you get down to 2nd, it just wants to roast the tires from too much torque. It had just a little too much trail braking in the faster corners which would heat up the tires making exit oversteer almost inevitable. With a TC setting of 2, I could have probably gotten a much better time.

The chassis balance on this one was pretty good as were the brakes, but it's inability to put the power down in the slower corners hurt my lap times tremendously. The trans was very good for the track and with a few tweaks it could be a great car.

This was a really good car, but it's tendency to understeer meant you had to run the path the car chose. It was very fast and didn't disappoint on the lap times, but I wouldn't want to have to drive it in traffic. You get a little off line and it wasn't very forgiving. Still, overall a fast car.

The last car was very stable and forgiving with plenty of grip everywhere and good rear traction. It felt heavier and slightly less responsive, but very safe. I think what hurt the lap times the most was the trans feeling too tall and sluggish at times. It was a good tune, but didn't seem to stand out from the crowd.

I want to thank you guys for letting me get in on your testing session and I did have a lot of fun with it. It's cool to see how different tuners take different approaches to the same car and in the end, they suit different driving styles. I like my cars to be a little loose going in and hold the line coming out. They need to be able to change direction quickly (especially in traffic) and be forgiving at times. Some of the tunes in this challenge did just that and I applaud everyone's efforts. You guys make the gaming world a better place. As far as guessing which tune belongs to which person, I have no guesses. I am not familiar enough with any of the tuners to say this is (XXX)'s tune. I tune most of my cars myself, but come on here and randomly search for tunes if I get stumped on a particular car. I will try 2-3 from the site and tweak the one that works best for me. As stated before, I don't do a lot of driving on harder tires so that made the driving more of a challenge for me to control cars with less grip than I am used to. I also tend to use TC settings of 1 or 2 quite often to overcome my tendency to get impatient when pushing the limits.
Great job and thanks for taking part! It's always great to see more people get involved. The goal is to get over 20 tuners/testers so @Otaliema has to modify his spreadsheets!:mischievous:

Edit: No worries about your times or driving style, one of the best things I like about FITT and those involved is that we do tease each other and have fun but we respect all sorts of driving abilities. From the descriptions in your review, you have a great understanding of the cars and how to drive (searching for lines that suit the car & agility needed in traffic) and your driving setup is still better than mine and @biffa3 ๐Ÿ‘
:cheers:

Last edited:

Thank you for the great review, like a few others, we are getting some really good reviews from newcomers. You put up some good times across the field too. Now a few things I have to say:

First - really appreciate you jumping in and enjoying the chaos, I mean fun that is FITT. We are always in need of testers as it does require time spent so it's great when people join in. And as I said, you may find one or two that you really like and want to keep. (sounds like Tune #3:tup:)

Second - Never apologize about your driving, we all have different styles or driving and tuning, that is the fun of the Shootout. And there are quite a few others who also use auto trans (@Lionheart2113 , @biffa3 , and @DolHaus to name a few). There are also many who use the DS3 (ME;)) and Lionheart is still an "X" button masher :eek:. Your lap times are right in the range of the others.๐Ÿ‘

Third - You are not used to the harder tires or TC off and performed that well?:odd: To that I say GREAT JOB!
I myself always have and still do prefer softer tires (Sport Soft), my first FITT challenge has changed that as has all the other Challenges. I have learned to be a better driver on the harder tires and no longer use TC which I always had at 1 on GT5. So you are not alone there either.

Fourth (and finally) - If you have been tuning for yourself, do not be afraid to jump into the next challenge (whenever it happens) as a tuner. We all have fun with each other and are really just a bunch of goofballs but mostly harmless. You find it to be a ton of fun also.:dopey:

Don't worry about guessing who was who, some of these guys have no clue who's tune was whose.:sly: And the answers will come. I still am not sure about my guesses for the other class:scared:.

Last edited:
Should have everything up by Tuesday , still have two cars to test, I haven't had as much spare time as I would have liked, as far as guessing the tuners I have eleven numbers in a bucket to pull out.

Last edited:

Great job with the testing solid consistent times. I can't be leave I missed your results post anyways I'll get them loaded up later tonight and see how the podium shifts around.

@DolHaus you have been caught and passes on Eigar finally :lol: MR cars on a tight track ugg not my fav combo

Great job with the testing solid consistent times. I can't be leave I missed your results post anyways I'll get them loaded up later tonight and see how the podium shifts around.

@DolHaus you have been caught and passes on Eigar finally :lol: MR cars on a tight track ugg not my fav combo
What time did you get? I'm probably not going to take another run at it, I think I could probably go faster in a different car but I don't really have time to test and build another one

Latest Posts

Back