FITT Car of the Month - February '14 - Jaguar XKR-S '11

Which categories would you like the next FITT Car of the Month to be selected from?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DigitalBaka

How hard can it be?
Premium
United States
IL, USA
DigitalBaka
DigitalBaka587
12296270604_b012e3d83e_z.jpg
Picture by @hgrf93
What GT6 says:

The XK series is an elegant GT sports coupe representing the quality and class that defines Jaguar as a premium brand. The styling of the second-generation model, which underwent a model change in 2006, was created by Jaguar's design director Ian Callum. The car combines the classic long nose and short deck of sports cars past, but with a modern twist. Inside the sheet metal, the car is highlighted by the high level of craftsmanship of the leather and wood that instantly reminds of upper-class British elegance.

The high-performance XKR version made its appearance in 2007. Initially it was given a supercharged 4.2-liter V8 producing 420HP, but as part of the minor changes across the model in 2009, it was replaced with a 5.0-liter direct-injection V* producing 502HP. Already endowed with a lightweight, high-strength aluminum body, it had the superb acceleration and handling of a sports car. Likewise, it was praised for not making its driver have to give up comfort when driving in everyday urban environs.

In 2011, Jaguar released an even more aggressive model, the XKR-S. Its exhaust system was tuned, and a special intercooler for the supercharger was added, raising the power to 542HP. Improvements also were made on the chassis side, with spring rates up 28 percent. Better aerodynamic bits and pieces were added to the trim as well, helping the XKR-S attain a level of performance equal to that of supercars, and becoming the first Jaguar road car to achieve a top speed of 186 mph.

Please post or link your tunes for this English cat below. If possible please specify PP and tires used. Also be sure to vote for next month's car in the poll!

Last edited:
BMW 135i is my vote for next month.:D:crazy:

Will check out the Jaag...not sure how I'll get on with it though...:drool:

I don`t remember anybody vote for a car but for a categorie of cars. The Mclaren MP4 is above the rest in this one in my opinion.
This Jag is far to be a top or even a very good car in GT6 ,just a medium good car. Understeer is killing it in the game even with the use of ballast.

Might make one tune for comfort soft :)
Tires don´t change anything to the car´s overall balance , harder compound just reduce the grip all over the 4 points. The only difference is that you can play more passing above the grip limits to correct an oversteer situation with the help of weight transfer more easily. But it´s still there and driving sideway can be more fun a bit but not faster.

I know all that, I usually tune for comfort tire first, I am not trying to fix car issues with tire, never :) I have different approach in tuning, especially in suspension and LSD. Got the XKR tuned to 600PP, 700+HP. 54/46 weight distribution, all weight reduction, just for experimenting, stock gearing and comfort soft on this car is still quite grippy IMO, enjoying testing at Brands Hatch GP

I don`t remember anybody vote for a car but for a categorie of cars. The Mclaren MP4 is above the rest in this one in my opinion.
This Jag is far to be a top or even a very good car in GT6 ,just a medium good car. Understeer is killing it in the game even with the use of ballast.
I certainly agree with you on all counts, but I wanted the idea of this feature to be a car that isn't the best in it's category and is therefore underused. To me, the Jags have always fallen short in their class. They really just come in at average so hopefully a few tunes will give folks an excuse to expand their garage and try different cars instead of always falling to the M3s and LFAs.

I hate how terrible this car sounds in the game. Makes tuning and testing it quite tedious lol. I'll post my tune at some point. It gave me an instant gold for the seasonal event, but it still needs a little work.

No PP limit, no tire limit, no track ?

How these will be evaluated, because you don't make a tune for fun/confort like you does for perf, drifting or drag tunes... same about gearbox, if the test track is GT Arean, you won't tune the gearbox the same if you're on Le Mans... So ?

I would tend to use all max stuff and pgm the chronos which is originally how I build stuff (so the player choose to remove some power)...

No PP limit, no tire limit, no track ?

How these will be evaluated, because you don't make a tune for fun/confort like you does for perf, drifting or drag tunes... same about gearbox, if the test track is GT Arean, you won't tune the gearbox the same if you're on Le Mans... So ?

I would tend to use all max stuff and pgm the chronos which is originally how I build stuff (so the player choose to remove some power)...
These are not intended to be evaluated in the normal sense as in a shootout or competition. The purpose of these threads is just to highlight an underused car so that we can expand tuning and driving horizons.

People tend to gravitate to certain cars (M3, Elise, LFA, etc.) because they overperform for their class or provide an "easy button" for a win even in difficult races. Our intent is to showcase what people are missing out on with the rest of the hundreds of cars available.

XKR8Matterhorn Riffelsee_1.jpg

Car: Jaguar XKR-S '11

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 631 BHP @ Rpm / 75 kgfm @ Rpm
Weight: 1435 kg
Performance Points: 600
Tires: SH

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 90 Rear: 90
Spring Rate: Front: 7.12 kg Rear: 6.28 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 4
Dampers (Extension): Front: 5 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 3 Rear: 2
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.6° Rear: 0.2°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.08° Rear: 0.12°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 5 R: 5

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

Speed: 174 mph

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
Final:

Differential Gear:Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff
Initial Torque: R= 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 22
Braking Sensitivity: R= 6
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin-plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon
Centre Differential: Standard

Power

Power Limiter:
100%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: SportsComputer
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage:
Nitrous Oxide (N2O):
No

Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: kg
Ballast position: + 50

Just a tip for folks, if you use panning mode 3 in the camera options and auto focus on a part of the car your moving car pics won't be so blurry. :)👍

Just a tip for folks, if you use panning mode 3 in the camera options and auto focus on a part of the car your moving car pics won't be so blurry. :)👍
I see a lot of potential in the photo mode but I have no idea what I'm doing lol

Voted 'Other' and putting in a recommendation for the HKS Evo, which is going to be a PITA to tune with minimum camber being 3.0/ 1.0

edit: I will probably detune my XKR-S from seasonal output and fiddle with the settings a bit to see if I get anything I like out of it.

Great turn out for the February edition! Thanks to everyone that contributed. :cheers:

So it looks like next up by popular vote will be a modern Euro sports car. While that does leave us quite the open door, let's see if we can stick to an "every day" type of car that you may see on the road while out on a nice weekend drive. Something like the MG TF160, BMW Z4, Audi TT...remember we are also trying to highlight underused cars.

We've got a few days to brainstorm. Toss up some ideas folks!

So far the only suggestions I see that fit into modern Euro sports car are the 135i and what I listed above. Is the 135 a rarely used car? Should we try moving to the second chosen era? Does classic euro sports car give us a better list of cars to choose from? That could give us the Spitfire or E-Type or the Alpines.

Anyone else feel like classic? If not we'll stick to modern. Actually, let's stick to modern for March and I will taking it out as a choice in April voting...just for the sake of variety. Here are the choices I am looking at, leaning toward the Merc or BMW.

• BMW 135i
  • Mercedes SL600
  • Audi S4
  • Renault Clio V6
  • TVR V8S

Back