FITT Challenge Pagani Huayra God of Winds challenge. Congratz to Sinof1337, Otaliema & VoodooVaj

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 219 comments

Would you like to see blind testing?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
two cars done :) 5 to go. I can do this 👍 What a difference in 5 lap times. 20 seconds but fast lap was less then a second difference. very strange....

Well, it seems as though on this challenge there were 2 schools of thought. I noticed that people either tried to make the car balanced or heavy in the rear to try to tame the wheelspin. Here is how it all played out for me.

All cars were tested offline on Fuji GT with grip set to real using a DS3 controller on both sticks with an automatic transmission and ABS 1 as the only aid. I did 7-10 warm up laps in each car then restarted for my 5 timed laps. For ease of comparison, all total times are listed in seconds only. I will fill in my DC scores later as I haven't rated them yet.

Tuner #1
5 Lap Combined; 454.713
Fast Lap; 89.923
DC; 8.2
Impression of the tune; This was a good stable tune with excellent turn in under braking. Car held a good line through mid speed corners like the double right hand sweeper and careful throttle control yeilded a decent line in the final S's.

Tuner #2
5 Lap Combined; 453.954
Fast Lap; 90.081
DC; 8.0
Impression of the tune; This car accelerated like a freight train and had good braking as well. You need to hit your marks and turn in early due to massive amounts of understeer in all conditions. Mid speed corners were stable and wheelspin was never a problem, but the car just felt like it was constantly trying to plow off the course.

Tuner #3
5 Lap Combined; 464.268
Fast Lap; 91.531
DC; 7.8
Impression of the tune; This car had excellent braking and good turn in under all conditions. You really need to be gentle on the throttle with this one as massive wheelspin and snap oversteer are always a danger. The gearbox was set up so that a lot of shifts happen mid-corner. That coupled with the triple clutch caused a shock to the tires that you really had to be wary of. This car did get the best line on hard right hander where the GT section is right after the Dunlop sign.

Tuner #4
5 Lap Combined; 451.303
Fast Lap; 89.619
DC; 8.1
Impression of the tune; This car was pretty stable with useable brakes and decent rear traction. Entry understeer forces you to hit your marks, but is somewhat forgiving if you dont. Nothing in the tune really stands out as either good or bad.

Tuner #5
5 Lap Combined; 465.734
Fast Lap; 93.038
DC; 7.4
Impression of the tune; In a word? Sketchy...... This car does have it's good points with strong turn in and reasonable forgiveness in the front end. The stock gearbox coupled with the triple clutch was cause for more than one unsettling mid-corner shift. The car felt reasonably easy to drive, but not at the limit. With a TC setting of 2, this would be a much better car.

Tuner #7
5 Lap Combined; 448.775
Fast Lap; 88.408
DC; 9.2
Impression of the tune; This car took some getting used to, but once I did it was great. Mid and higher speed corners were great, but in the final S's it felt a little tail heavy so you had to watch your speed or suffer from some pendulum effect. The brakes at 1 and 1 seemed a little weak when slowing down from higher speeds, but overall, very good tune.

Tuner #10
5 Lap Combined; 444.109
Fast Lap; 87.809
DC; 9.7
Impression of the tune; Great stable car!!! It doesn't really excel at anyplace in the track, but everywhere on the track and the times show it. Good brakes and a well sorted gearbox meant no surprises mid corner. When the back end did break loose, it was easy to reign it back in and keep going. Kudos to this tuner for taming the beast.

Tuner #11
5 Lap Combined; 454.632
Fast Lap; 89.994
DC; 9.1
Impressions of the tune; This was another one that took a bit to get used to, but when I did, it was very confidence inspiring. Good braking and initial turn in, but a slight mid corner push under acceleration made it a little hard to hold the line. All said, this is a pretty good tune and the drivers note is correct. Watch it in the S's because it's just a bit hairy.

Last edited:
Well, it seems as though on this challenge there were 2 schools of thought. I noticed that people either tried to make the car balanced or heavy in the rear to try to tame the wheelspin. Here is how it all played out for me.

All cars were tested offline on Fuji GT with grip set to real using a DS3 controller on both sticks with an automatic transmission and ABS 1 as the only aid. I did 7-10 warm up laps in each car then restarted for my 5 timed laps. For ease of comparison, all total times are listed in seconds only. I will fill in my DC scores later as I haven't rated them yet.

Tuner #1
5 Lap Combined; 454.713
Fast Lap; 89.923
DC;
Impression of the tune; This was a good stable tune with excellent turn in under braking. Car held a good line through mid speed corners like the double right hand sweeper and careful throttle control yeilded a decent line in the final S's.

Tuner #2
5 Lap Combined; 453.954
Fast Lap; 90.081
DC;
Impression of the tune; This car accelerated like a freight train and had good braking as well. You need to hit your marks and turn in early due to massive amounts of understeer in all conditions. Mid speed corners were stable and wheelspin was never a problem, but the car just felt like it was constantly trying to plow off the course.

Tuner #3
5 Lap Combined; 464.268
Fast Lap; 91.531
DC;
Impression of the tune; This car had excellent braking and good turn in under all conditions. You really need to be gentle on the throttle with this one as massive wheelspin and snap oversteer are always a danger. The gearbox was set up so that a lot of shifts happen mid-corner. That coupled with the triple clutch caused a shock to the tires that you really had to be wary of. This car did get the best line on hard right hander where the GT section is right after the Dunlop sign.

Tuner #4
5 Lap Combined; 451.303
Fast Lap; 89.619
DC;
Impression of the tune; This car was pretty stable with useable brakes and decent rear traction. Entry understeer forces you to hit your marks, but is somewhat forgiving if you dont. Nothing in the tune really stands out as either good or bad.

Tuner #5
5 Lap Combined; 465.734
Fast Lap; 93.038
DC;
Impression of the tune; In a word? Sketchy...... This car does have it's good points with strong turn in and reasonable forgiveness in the front end. The stock gearbox coupled with the triple clutch was cause for more than one unsettling mid-corner shift. The car felt reasonably easy to drive, but not at the limit. With a TC setting of 2, this would be a much better car.

Tuner #7
5 Lap Combined; 448.775
Fast Lap; 88.408
DC;
Impression of the tune; This car took some getting used to, but once I did it was great. Mid and higher speed corners were great, but in the final S's it felt a little tail heavy so you had to watch your speed or suffer from some pendulum effect. The brakes at 1 and 1 seemed a little weak when slowing down from higher speeds, but overall, very good tune.

Tuner #10
5 Lap Combined; 444.109
Fast Lap; 87.809
DC;
Impression of the tune; Great stable car!!! It doesn't really excel at anyplace in the track, but everywhere on the track and the times show it. Good brakes and a well sorted gearbox meant no surprises mid corner. When the back end did break loose, it was easy to reign it back in and keep going. Kudos to this tuner for taming the beast.

Tuner #11
5 Lap Combined; 454.632
Fast Lap; 89.994
DC;
Impressions of the tune; This was another one that took a bit to get used to, but when I did, it was very confidence inspiring. Good braking and initial turn in, but a slight mid corner push under acceleration made it a little hard to hold the line. All said, this is a pretty good tune and the drivers note is correct. Watch it in the S's because it's just a bit hairy.
Great job with the testing. I'll load the times once you have DC scores in.
Glad to see you enjoyed my car...or did you...

Tuner #1
5 Lap Combined; 454.713
Fast Lap; 89.923
DC;

Tuner #2
5 Lap Combined; 453.954
Fast Lap; 90.081
DC;

Tuner #3
5 Lap Combined; 464.268
Fast Lap; 91.531
DC;

Tuner #4
5 Lap Combined; 451.303
Fast Lap; 89.619
DC;

Tuner #5
5 Lap Combined; 465.734
Fast Lap; 93.038
DC;

Tuner #7
5 Lap Combined; 448.775
Fast Lap; 88.408
DC;

Tuner #10
5 Lap Combined; 444.109
Fast Lap; 87.809
DC;

Tuner #11
5 Lap Combined; 454.632
Fast Lap; 89.994
DC;
Very quick times. Can't wait to see the DC on the tunes. Thank you for testing!

I have not started testing but I can get it all done when I have a day free which will be about the testing deadline, may need a slight extension for testing or might not.
Sounds good. Keep me up to date on if you need a day or two more.

-There are 3 tunes.
first tester. and very tiring, but fun, some impressive cars, others less so. It is not just a tester test 1.2.3. cars for example, when you arrive at 4 car he may be tired better acquainted with the track. it may favor or hinder your performance. then I have a suggestion, all testers have maximum of two cars a day to test and post the dates specified by the Regulation. what is your opnion?:odd:

-There are 3 tunes.
first tester. and very tiring, but fun, some impressive cars, others less so. It is not just a tester test 1.2.3. cars for example, when you arrive at 4 car he may be tired better acquainted with the track. it may favor or hinder your performance. then I have a suggestion, all testers have maximum of two cars a day to test and post the dates specified by the Regulation. what is your opnion?:odd:
I won't cap a tester to the number of cars they can test in a day as everyone has different play tolerance for a single session. Unless there is a notice descrpecy in lap times I won't be asking for more laps from anyone.

I did my testing in 3 different sessions. Each time I warmed up on the track with an unrelated car and each time I raced online for an hour or so after testing. I tried to be as fair as possible to the tuners and ran my tune last. I know for a fact that my car will run a full second faster than what I posted for its quick lap, but this competition is more about consistency I feel. Could I have run the cars a little more ragged? Probably. Would the 5 lap total be skewed because I crashed on 2 of those laps because of it? Most definitely. You are spending 30 minutes or so with each car including warm up laps plus you get a break every time you need to retune for the next test. I have spent many a night putting in a 5+ hour session so I don't feel my abilities were compromised in any way during testing. Having a few more testers to even out the numbers would be great, but this time of year I can understand people not wanting to spend time in front of the TV.

I realized while I testing I didn't clearly state in the rules regarding the fast lap. You can use the fast lap from any lap ran in the car, if it's a warm up lap or one of the 5 lap set it doesn't matter much so you can push the car as hard as you want in practice to get the super lap down, then go get the consistent "race" done.
I'm terribly sorry about that :( been crazy around my house with birthdays, sickness and general toddler, preschooler chaos.
@Wydopen you have time if you want to rerun the cars a few laps to see about the hot lapping.

@MrGrado
@Soren Jacquet
@xande1959

test done with G27 steering wheel
manual exchange

All Testing done at Fuji GT Grip set to real. I tested Online-OffLine
TC 0 ABS 1 SRF off
@Otaliema @sinof1337 @Thorin Cain @MrGrado @shaunm80 @DaBomm4 @Brewguy44 @Voodoovaj @xande1959 @DolHaus @Wydopen

Tuner #1
5 Lap Combined; 7:40,690
Fast Lap; 1:26,866
DC; 8,00
Impression of the tune
if I had to compete with him not come in last, but can improve the recovery rate. a little loose rear

Tuner #2
5 Lap Combined; 7:39,103
Fast Lap; 1:26,484
DC; 8,5
Impression of the tune;
despite the rapid back disappointed with this car needs to improve output front

Tuner #3
5 Lap Combined; 7:53,971
Fast Lap; 1:29,293
DC; 6
Impression of the tune;
not suits my driving style. walk on the edge, you have to improve a lot

Tuner #4
5 Lap Combined; 7:43,390
Fast Lap; 1:27,128
DC; 7,5
Impression of the tune;
in 1st round this car was in good weather but lost everything on the line the entrance, perhaps weight distribution have to fix, I found strange because immediately afterwards has a braked to 350 km / h it behaves well. good setup

Tuner #5
5 Lap Combined; 7:53,493
Fast Lap; 1:27,604
DC; 7
Impression of the tune;
LSD was not high so it would have a good preformance

Tuner #6 No Entry. Life > GT6
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #7
5 Lap Combined; 7:37,770
Fast Lap; 1:26,408
DC; 9,3
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #8 No Entry. Life > GT6
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #9 No Entry. Life > GT6
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #10
5 Lap Combined; 7:37,770
Fast Lap; 1:26,373
DC; 9,5
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #11
5 Lap Combined; 7:34,368
Fast Lap; 1:25,365
DC; 9,9
Impressions oh the tune; my friends cars # 7 and 10 would be my chosen for a long run.
Now to make this time # 11, lives up to the name, indomitable bull but like walking on the edge. rest of the cars not I adapted. until the mine was a disaster but did reasonable time. I congratulate all:cheers:👍:gtpflag:

Last edited:
@xande1959 great lap times there I'll get them loaded into the sheet and get it finished here soon been busy around these parts.
Will you be filling in comments for the rest of the tunes?

@xande1959 Awesome results. I just want to double check, did 7 and 10 really get the exact same 5 Lap time?

when I finished the 5 hot laps on the screen appeared this time but the sum of the minimum difference times.
tuner 7
1ª1: 27.143
2ª1: 27.063
3ª1: 26.884
4ª1: 26.839
5ª1: 26.408

Tuner 10
1ª1: 26.481
2ª1: 26.373
3ª1: 27,000
4ª1: 27.436
5ª1: 27.030

Will you be filling in comments for the rest of the tunes?

my English and pessimo use and translator translates not always correct, but I will put at least some words

when I finished the 5 hot laps on the screen appeared this time but the sum of the minimum difference times.
tuner 7
1ª1: 27.143
2ª1: 27.063
3ª1: 26.884
4ª1: 26.839
5ª1: 26.408

Tuner 10
1ª1: 26.481
2ª1: 26.373
3ª1: 27,000
4ª1: 27.436
5ª1: 27.030

my English and pessimo use and translator translates not always correct, but I will put at least some words
That's just crazy they got the same 5 lap time.
Not a problem. I think most of us are used to the language barrier, I can at least always figure out the jist of what you're saying.

Well PS3 number 3 has gone down in flames. I think I'm doomed here. :banghead:
So the testinging deadline is in 24 hours. Has anyone else been able to test or are we going to be finishing this event with only two testers?

Well PS3 number 3 has gone down in flames. I think I'm doomed here. :banghead:
So the testinging deadline is in 24 hours. Has anyone else been able to test or are we going to be finishing this event with only two testers?
Gone down in flames? Is it not working for GT6 or does it just die in general?

Gone down in flames? Is it not working for GT6 or does it just die in general?
in general it's acting up crashing on a couple of the ratchet games crashing on install of gt6 update install.
I can test if you can extend testing. I have free time on Wed and Thu when I can test. I'm 1/2 a day ahead of U.S. so my results could be posted before Wed or Thu evening, U.S. time.
Extension granted. You have till Friday 7am mountain time +7 hours gmt

tumbleweed.jpg

All i need to do is find a midi file of crickets and set it to play when you open the thread :lol:
in theory GT6 will be up and running shortly on my new system all patches DL'ed and it's installing now. says 8 minutes but it has also read 2040 minutes in the last 20 minutes so I dunno :odd:

All i need to do is find a midi file of crickets and set it to play when you open the thread :lol:
in theory GT6 will be up and running shortly on my new system all patches DL'ed and it's installing now. says 8 minutes but it has also read 2040 minutes in the last 20 minutes so I dunno :odd:
Are you sure it didn't say the year 2040? ;)

Are you sure it didn't say the year 2040? ;)
it prolly did and I am just thinking wishfully :lol: I am hoping it takes with out having to do the 6 patches at a time cause that takes for bloody ever. The 8 minutes, read for 10 minutes and has changed to 5 minutes! :irked:

@Wydopen can you get some DC scores added to your review please so I can count them as official 👍

Also if anyone has some time as I have given @MrGrado some extra time any reviews that show up before his or on the same day will be allowed as well. only two or three drivers makes things interesting.
@Soren Jacquet did you still want to test these great cars?
@chrisspeed281 would you like to lay some laps for the greater good? :)

it prolly did and I am just thinking wishfully :lol: I am hoping it takes with out having to do the 6 patches at a time cause that takes for bloody ever. The 8 minutes, read for 10 minutes and has changed to 5 minutes! :irked:

@Wydopen can you get some DC scores added to your review please so I can count them as official 👍

Also if anyone has some time as I have given @MrGrado some extra time any reviews that show up before his or on the same day will be allowed as well. only two or three drivers makes things interesting.
@Soren Jacquet did you still want to test these great cars?
@chrisspeed281 would you like to lay some laps for the greater good? :)
Im not sure @chrisspeed281 is about right now.. Pretty sure he's recouping in some posh hotel somewhere.

Latest Posts

Back