FITT Challenge Pagani Huayra God of Winds challenge. Congratz to Sinof1337, Otaliema & VoodooVaj

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 219 comments

Would you like to see blind testing?

• Yes

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
mid west USA
Otaliema
FITT Pagani Huayra
God of the Winds
Challenge
pagani-huayra-2012-2_1.jpg

The Pagani Huayra is the successor to Pagani’s first car the Zonda. It’s a fabulously built car combing both speed, and handling. It boasts the honor of being the 2012 super car of the year name by Top Gear magazine and even the ever picky Richard Hammond loved it. The engine was built by Mercedes special for the car. Boasting a twin turbocharged V12 and an impressive 5980cc’s, 730 HP and 1,000 Nm of torque (737.56 ft lbs). The production was limited to only 100 cars per an agreement with Mercedes to develop and manufacture the engine.

The car was launched on Jan 25th 2011 and was sold out and thus retired on Feb 11th 2015.

The challenge​

This challenge will be held at Fuji Speedway GT (no chicane one).
The cars will be spec’ed the same in terms of power and weight. How you get there is pretty much up to you, within a few rules.

Power Maximum 855 HP/867 CV/629 kW/ 843 BHP
In game check for your local game, Engine Stage 3, Sports Exhaust, 100% PL is 855 HP North American Game.
Weight Minimum 1200 kg
Racing Medium Tires

Banned parts, or modifications
Chassis reinforcement
Oil Change
NOS

Allowed
Everything else.
Power Limiter up to 90% or 10% use.
Ballast full use and location permitted.

All tuners and testers should be familiar with the Standardized Rules and Regulations that are used for all FITT events. There is an exception with this challenge. That will be explained in the Scoring.
This will be a blind testing challenge, all tunes will be submitted to myself via PM using the template below. I will send each tuner a PM with your tuner number on July 22nd if you haven't sent your tune before then. Tuning sign up window closes in the 22nd as well late sign up maybe permitted on a case by case.

Scoring​

This will be scored a bit different from normal. Due to the high powered nature of the car I felt that going after fast lap only could lead to some very fine and very fast cars but very hard to drive. So this challenge will be scored in three parts.

1. 5 Lap average
  2. Fastest lap
  3. Drivers Choice
Each rank will be given a point value ranging from 100 to 10 points.
1st 100, 2nd 90, 3rd 80, 4th 70, 5th 60, 6th 50, 7th 40, 8th 30, 9th 20, 10th to last 10 points

Each of the Scored parts will have it’s own podium. But the Big goal to go for is the Overall Winner. Which will be the Tune that gets the most points.

The 5 lap average time can be obtained by total the first 5 consecutive laps from arcade mode, Valid or not they count for this one. Please be considerate and don't cut the turns 👍

If you want the game to total your lap times, Go online and set up a private/friends only room. Fuji doesn't allow for a rolling start and you will need to save the replay to get fastest lap time. As long as you test all the tunes in this fashion it will not give one car a leg up and it may be a good way to find the hidden gems as I've heard cars that work well off line don't always work well online.
Be sure with the load of options for online rooms you set the Grip to real, Penalty to none and tire and fuel wear off.
YOU CAN NOT SPLIT ON AND OFF LINE for testing you must use one or the other.
Testers your five lap combined time will on average be in the seven minute range that's 420 seconds as a reference, for you faster types 6 minute totals have a second count of 360.

Drivers Choice; This is as normal is a subjective score, Score it how you wish. Remember, just because it’s fast doesn't mean it’s top dog in this challenge. ;) Consider how many of the laps in the 5 lap time were voided due to the car and not you.

Timeline​

Tuning

July 14th to July 28th 630 am MST basically have your tune posted by the time I log in on the 28th and you’re good. If you need more time considerations will be provided case by case PM me.

Testing

July 28th 630 am MST to Aug 11th.
Results will be posted as soon as I can confirm all data is correct.
More time can be granted on a case by case basis PM me.

Posting tunes
Please use the standardized form that @Bowtie-muscle made for the M power challenge or use the Tune database. The reason for this is making it easy for the testers to build the cars. When posting the car in your own garage you can use your normal form.

Car; Pagani Huayra ‘13
Paint:
Rims:
Caliper Paint:

PP: 650?
HP:855 HP
TORQUE:
WEIGHT:1200 kg

WEIGHT DIST:
TIRE(S): Racing Medium

GT Auto:
Oil Change - BANNED
Rigidity Improvement - BANNED
Front Aero -
Wing -
Flat Floor - N/A

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes:
RIDE HEIGHT -
SPRINGS -
COMP -
EXT -
ARB -
CAMBER -
TOE -
BRAKES -

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO -
TOP SPEED TO -
1ST -
2ND -
3RD -
4TH -
5TH -
6TH -
7TH -
FINAL -

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL -
ACCEL -
DECEL -

CLUTCH TYPE:
CARBON SHAFT:N/A

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING -
COMPUTER -
EXHAUST -
MANIFOLD -
CATALYTIC CONVERTER -
INTAKE TUNING -
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO -
POWER LIMITER -

WEIGHT REDUCTION -
CARBON HOOD -
WINDOW WEIGHT -YES NO

BALLAST -
DOWNFORCE -
Front
Rear

DRIVER NOTES:

Last edited:
Tuners
@Otaliema
@sinof1337
@fordracer
@Thorin Cain
@MrGrado
@shaunm80
@DaBomm4 *tentative*
@Brewguy44
@Voodoovaj
@xande1959
@DolHaus *tenitive*
@Wydopen

Testers
@Otaliema PS3 problems.
@fordracer *tentative* Life > GT6
@MrGrado *tentative*
@Soren Jacquet
@xande1959
@Wydopen

Tunes

Tuner #1
Tuner #2
Tuner #3
Tuner #4
Tuner #5
Tuner #6 No entry
Tuner #7
Tuner #8 No entry
Tuner #9 No entry
Tuner #10
Tuner #11

Tuners who was who

Tuner #1 -> @shaunm80
Tuner #2 -> @xande1959
Tuner #3 -> @MrGrado
Tuner #4 -> @Wydopen
Tuner #5 -> @DaBomm4
Tuner #6 -> @Brewguy44
Tuner #7 -> @Voodoovaj
Tuner #8 -> @DolHaus
Tuner #9 -> @Thorin Cain
Tuner #10 -> @sinof1337
Tuner #11 -> @Otaliema

Last edited:
Review template just copy and paste this into a another exiting document or into a reply box here and fill in the blanks. Please choose on or offline for testing location.

All Testing done at Fuji GT Grip set to real. I tested Online-OffLine
TC 0 ABS 1 SRF off
@Otaliema @sinof1337 @Thorin Cain @MrGrado @shaunm80 @DaBomm4 @Brewguy44 @Voodoovaj @xande1959 @DolHaus @Wydopen

Tuner #1
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #2
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #3
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #4
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #5
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #6 No Entry. Life > GT6
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #7
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #8 No Entry. Life > GT6
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #9 No Entry. Life > GT6
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #10
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impression of the tune;

Tuner #11
5 Lap Combined;
Fast Lap;
DC;
Impressions oh the tune;

Standings and results.
Final Standings
Overall Standings | Fuji GT Fast Lap Lap Time
1 Tuner # 10 290 | 1 Tuner # 10 1:26.988 +00.000
2 Tuner # 11 280 | 2 Tuner # 11 1:27.108 +00.120
3 Tuner # 7 240 | 3 Tuner # 7 1:27.118 +00.130
4 Tuner # 4 190 | 4 Tuner # 4 1:28.100 +01.112
5 Tuner # 1 190 | 5 Tuner # 1 1:28.115 +01.127

Fuji GT Fast Lap DC Score | Fuji GT 5 Lap Combined
1 Tuner # 11 9.50 | 1 Tuner #10 7:33.257 +0.000
2 Tuner # 10 9.47 | 2 Tuner #11 7:34.656 +1.399
3 Tuner # 7 9.17 | 3 Tuner # 7 7:34.890 +1.633
4 Tuner # 1 8.23 | 4 Tuner # 4 7:39.603 +6.346
5 Tuner # 2 8.17 | 5 Tuner #1 7:45.996 +12.739

Huraya GoW Fuji GT Fast Lap
1:25.365; Tuner # 11's tune Driven By Xande1959

Fastest Average | Most Consistant
5 Lap Wydopen 454.686 | 5 Lap Xande1959 19.603
Fast Lap Xande1959 86.791 | Fast Lap Xande1959 3.928​
Results sheet

Reviews;
@Wydopen Reviews
@xande1959 Reviews
@Soren Jacquet Review

Last edited:
@TurnLeft here is your tag. ;)
Nice catch dude! 👍

Excuse me Mr. @Otaliema sir. Can I play too? :( or am I on the banned list? :P (This is considered a joke in my part of the world ;) I can't help myself some times :crazy:)

I like the idea, sounds like a pretty cool and well considered challenge 👍 If you don't mind. I'd like to take a stab at this one too, this car is wicked :D Can you please stick me in the tuners list. And depending on how time is looking, I'd quite like to test too :eek: There may be a chance to try out some new work from the shops I've not stopped by yet :mischievous: And a few other gems :cheers::gtpflag:

Edited: Stupid me make silly error in spelling dept. :dunce:

Last edited:
@TurnLeft here is your tag. ;)
Nice catch, it was typed up at 1030 at night and two kids that didn't want to sleep was half distracted and half asleep. Will you have the time to tune up or test for this one fun little car?

Oh boy, this is going to be a fun one, I'll definitely be tuning. Hopefully the racing slicks help with the... lets call it, aggressive, rear end :lol:
It wasn't that bad....:mischievous: Added to the list.

Yes for tuning, maybe for testing.
Added sir.

Nice catch dude! 👍

Excuse me Mr. @Otaliema sir. Can I play too? :( or am I on the banned list? :P (This is considered a joke in my part of the world ;) I can't help myself some times :crazy:)

I like the idea, sounds like a pretty cool and well considered challenge 👍 If you don't mind. I'd like to take a stab at this one too, this car is wicked :D Can you please stick me in the tuners list. And depending on how time is looking, I'd quite like to test too :eek: There may be a chance to try out some new work from the shops I've not stopped by yet :mischievous: And a few other gems :cheers::gtpflag:

Edited: Stupid me make silly error in spelling dept. :dunce:
*poor attempt at a poker face*
I'm sorry sir you are not on the list. Please get go home.
:odd::lol:
Of course you can join. 👍
I knew I was forgetting someone :dunce:

I am also a yes for tuning and a maybe for testing!
Added to the list sir. Looking forward to driving your car see what you can do with this monster.

Not sure if time will allow me to join in on this one or not, so leave me off the list. Of I find the time I will let you know, either way, I shall be watching.
Well if you find yourself sometime you're more then welcome to drop a tune in.

Thank you, very much, for the invitation Otaliema. Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate in this round of testing. It sounds like an interesting competition and I'm sure all of those involved will have a great time. The Pagani Huayra is one seriously demented automobile! :lol:
Well if anything changes you're always welcome to join 👍

Forgot to tag @Voodoovaj here is a chance to test your tuner maker on a high powered car and get feedback on it 👍 come join us have some fun

*poor attempt at a poker face*
I'm sorry sir you are not on the list. Please get go home.
:odd::lol:
Of course you can join. 👍
I knew I was forgetting someone :dunce:
:lol: Thank you. Should be good fun :D

. ....Did you see the show on Velocity Channel - How it's Made: Dream Cars, They have one about The Pagani Huayra and Bugatti Veyron and other cars.
Not seen the Veyron one yet but the Huayra one was pretty cool 👍 ( On the Discovery channel over here ;))

It can still be a tricky customer on RS tyres at that power too ;) I started on this thing ages ago and still haven't got it right yet :rolleyes:
At least I've got a starting point to work from 👍
Better then me 👍 I look forward to driving all the entries see how people tackle this much speed and power.

I sign up for testing
Added to the list.

Back