FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! Results; Congratulations to Praiano63, Otaliema & Brian Wolf

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 1,044 comments
Ok. So I was going to try to game the rules a bit in the Street Racers group. I thought that flat floors in the rain was going to be the ticket. Lower power needed in the rain, short track with no long straight. If any track would favor flat floors it would be this combination, correct? No. Flat floors are utterly useless. A full second slower. What a pointless addition to GT6. :banghead:

Back when I was playing around with RWD street car rally tunes I found the flat floor to be pretty awesome and worth the pp cost. It really tamed the 2014 vette slide and the max speed on dirt tracks wasn't really important.

Back when I was playing around with RWD street car rally tunes I found the flat floor to be pretty awesome and worth the pp cost. It really tamed the 2014 vette slide and the max speed on dirt tracks wasn't really important.
I would imagine it would help a ton the reduced power to keep the wheels from spining out and the added ground effect to stick the car to the road. But with 4wd drive cars the loss of power is not overcome with the handling gains.

@Ridox2JZGTE tune added to list.

I would imagine it would help a ton the reduced power to keep the wheels from spining out and the added ground effect to stick the car to the road. But with 4wd drive cars the loss of power is not overcome with the handling gains.

@Ridox2JZGTE tune added to list.

The flat floor does make the street racer Evo drive a lot better in the wet ( 100% Stowe ) - I think this may be faster than without flat floor, try it on CS tire, but slower at Autumn Ring ( lower acceleration above 160kmh and top speed )

Let me know if the tune has anything wrong.

The flat floor does make the street racer Evo drive a lot better in the wet ( 100% Stowe ) - I think this may be faster than without flat floor, try it on CS tire, but slower at Autumn Ring ( lower acceleration above 160kmh and top speed )

The flat floor on my EVO for Street Racer was 0.7 seconds slower. It felt better in the corners, but power, even at 100% wet, still beat the crap out of handling.

Tune looks good, for the challenge could you specify which camber and brake balances to use during the tests. I know it's a replica so you use the camber adjust the grip level to real world.

The flat floor on my EVO for Street Racer was 0.7 seconds slower. It felt better in the corners, but power, even at 100% wet, still beat the crap out of handling.

I see, my Evo tune uses stock 5 speed, so maybe I didn't notice it :)

Tune looks good, for the challenge could you specify which camber and brake balances to use during the tests. I know it's a replica so you use the camber adjust the grip level to real world.

Brake balance is 7/9 as I wrote for ABS 1 wheel and DS3, while camber as listed on the tune 0.2 front and 0.3 rear. Should I delete the zero camber max grip note next to camber setting ?

BTW the camber is not used to adjust grip level, I just like the way most cars drive with 0.2 or 0.3 camber :P A closer to real life camber would be 0.5 to 1.5 front and 0.75 to 1.25 rear :) 0.5/0.7 or 1.4/1.2 would be interesting to drive :)

Last edited:
I see, my Evo tune uses stock 5 speed, so maybe I didn't notice it :)

Brake balance is 7/9 as I wrote for ABS 1 wheel and DS3, while camber as listed on the tune 0.2 front and 0.3 rear. Should I delete the zero camber max grip note next to camber setting ?

BTW the camber is not used to adjust grip level, I just like the way most cars drive with 0.2 or 0.3 camber :P A closer to real life camber would be 0.5 to 1.5 front and 0.75 to 1.25 rear :) 0.5/0.7 or 1.4/1.2 would be interesting to drive :)
your call on the camber setting I musta miss read the brakes sorry about that. glasses are still broken, need to get them in the shop to be repaired.

I've tried cars with 0.5/0.7 camber lose tail and understeer city.

your call on the camber setting I musta miss read the brakes sorry about that. glasses are still broken, need to get them in the shop to be repaired.

I've tried cars with 0.5/0.7 camber lose tail and understeer city.

Which car ? Sti/Evo ? Camber values works better on higher grip tires, less noticeable loss of grip :) Some tweaks can be done to make a car handle better with 0.5 and 0.7 camber or more :) Like this one, but still won't be better than with zero camber when it comes to lap time :( Just like the feeling of it.

ZERO SPORTS Subaru Impreza WRX STI Prodrive Style BTZ201 '01 350PS
Tuned to replicate ZERO SPORTS Impreza WRX BTZ201
BEST MOTORING Tsukuba Skyline VS Tuner Special Battle - Sports Hard

001.jpg
002.jpg

CAR : Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Prodrive Style (Type-I) '01
Tire : Sports Hard
Specs

Horsepower: 345 HP / 350 PS at 6000 RPM
Torque: 356.7 ft-lb at 4100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.4%
Weight: 1310 kg - stock JDM NB WRX Sedan curb weight 1340kg, Zero Sports has some lightweight parts
Ballast : 81 kg
Ballast Position : -47
Weight Distribution : 57 / 43 as in real life Zero Sports tuned balance, stock WRX is closer to 59/41.
Performance Points: 487

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build )
Wheels : Standard Size or +1 Inch Up - ENKEI RP03 painted in Saddle Tan or Gold Metallic ( 17 inch was used in the Best Motoring event, while 18 inch used on demo car and Hyper Meeting at Tsukuba )
Car Paint : WRX Blue Mica

Tuning Parts Installed :
Sports Exhaust
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Intake Tuning
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Driver Controlled Center Differential ( DCCD ) - stock part
Racing Brakes Kit

LSD ( ZERO SPORTS GT 1.5 way Prototype rear and front - low optimal preload )
FRONT
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

REAR
Initial Torque : 13
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Driver Controlled Center Differential
FRONT/REAR = 45/55 ( STOCK )

Suspension - ZERO SPORTS WINNING R Harmonic Drive Coil Over / 6 Way Damper Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 140 ( visual ride height )
Spring Rate: 10.00 8.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 7
Dampers (Extension): 5 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 3
Camber Angle: 1.3 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.16 0.00

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Corrected stock gearing ( NB JDM 5 MT with custom final to replicate real final )
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.300
Set Auto Max Speed to 360kmh / 224mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.166
2nd 1.882
3rd 1.296
4th 0.972
5th 0.738
6th 0.702 ( Ignore this if desired as stock gearbox is 5 speed )
Set Final Gear : 4.988 ( stock final ratio is 4.444, but since redline is higher on Sti - 4.988 is used to replicate each gear speed )

003.jpg
004.JPG

Brake Balance:
3/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5, for ABS 1 3/5 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
ZERO SPORTS first taste of New Age WRX, the NB WRX Sedan was used as test bed for many of their early new age prototype parts for the GD series WRX, from suspension, engine, drivetrain, LSD and body kit/rear wing.

Power is at modest 350PS with 1.3kg/cm2 boost, while the optimum actual output at the same boost level is 370PS, the reduction is due to the high ambient temperature during the event at 37 degree celcius. This forced the engine to run milder fuel maps and less aggressive timing to reduce chances of detonation. The BTZ201 also uses Zero Sports own Coilover Winning R spec with the newly designed 6 way Damper, and many of prototype stage performance parts.

Gearing has been replicated as close as possible, the actual car is JDM WRX NB Sedan, with 5MT gearbox that has unique close ratio and 4.444 Final available only on JDM models at the time. To replicate the gear speed, I have to account for engine redline / max rpm differences. The WRX NB engine have a lower redline at around 7500rpm, while the STi used in this replica build can rev close to 8500rpm.
With replicated gearing from 5 speed and 4.444 final, the STi managed similar gear speed of a real WRX with similar ratio ( slightly different USDM '02 - '05 WRX ratio ) and lower final at 3.900. To account for the differences, I increased the final to 4.988, which I consider as close possible to JDM 5 speed NB gear speed.

During the Tsukuba Skyline VS Tuner Car Battle special event, the car was fitted with ADVAN A048 R ( R / soft compound ) semi slick - equal to sports hard in GT6. With a best lap of 1:02.53 during time attack session. This replica is capable to replicate the lap time, my best lap during testing session was 1:02.2xx after a few laps.

The stock Driver Controlled Center Differential ( Subaru DCCD ) can be set using RA Menu, stock value is used at 45/55, this setting gives great balance overall :D

Aim to hit 1:02.53 or better on sports hard at Tsukuba :D

Specification list :

Complete name : ZERO / SPORTS Impreza BTZ201
Base vehicle : Subaru Impreza WRX NB Sedan (5F M / T) Base
Model Engine displacement : TA-GDA A type EJ20 1994cc 370ps / BOOST 1.3kg/cm2 -Optimal, 350PS at BM event 2001.
Turbine Wastegate : IHI RX6 Tcw76 Ex20 Wastegate
Computer : ZERO / SPORTS S. P. DATAR ECU(full order only CPU)
Injector fuel system : Main 550cc injectors and High capacity pump variable fuel regulator
Camshaft/piston : Forged pistons
Air cleaner : ZERO / SPORTS Direct Flow Kit
Cooling / Intercooler : Intercooler ZERO / SPORTS Prototype

Exhaust system :
ZERO / SPORTS Exhaust Manifold
ZERO / SPORT World League Exhaust Muffler
Prototype turbine support pipe
Prototype front pipe

Transmission system :
ZERO / SPORTS N1 Clutch Kit
ZERO / SPORTS Flywheel 5.3kg
ZERO / SPORTS GT LSD (front) Prototype
ZERO / SPORTS GT LSD (rear) Prototype
ZERO / SPORTS Works short shift kit

Big Brake Rotor kit - brake system ZERO / SPORTS 6POT brake caliper
ZERO / SPORTS short stopping distance Brake Pad (F ZP-4)
ZERO / SPORTS short stopping distance Brake Pad (R ZP-3)
ZERO / SPORTS Stainless steel mesh brake hose

Suspension system :
ZERO / SPORTS Winning R six-stage / way adjustable damping force control type ( Harmonic Drive Kit )
Spring rate : F 10kg/mm R 8kg/mm
ZERO / SPORTS Stabilizer (front)
ZERO / SPORTS Stabilizer (rear)
ZERO / SPORTS PG strut tower bar (prototype)
ZERO / SPORTS PG tower bar (rear)

ZERO / SPORTS N1 radiator brass 3-layer cooling system
ZERO / SPORTS N1 oil cooler (prototype)
ZERO / SPORTS Cool radiator ( for demo car only )

Aero :
(exterior) ZERO / SPORTS front bumper spoiler
(Air dam style Limited) ZERO / SPORTS side step
ZERO / SPORTS rear bumper spoiler
ZERO / SPORTS rear air dam wing
ZERO / SPORTS carbon fiber air duct

Interior :
ZERO / SPORTS Shift Boot (black / red stitch)
ZERO / SPORTS floors - carpet (prototype)
ZERO / SPORTS Formula Starter Kit Type 1
TAKATA 5-point Harness / Seat Belt
Defi tachometer, exhaust gas temperature gauge, boost gauge, water temperature gauge, oil temperature gauge, fuel pressure gauge.
Sparco Racing Steering Wheel
Seat Recaro SPG

Other :
Engine oil ZERO / SPORTS engine oil ZSR racing Max (15W-50)
Gear oil ZERO / SPORTS gear oil RM80 (80W-90)

Tire Yokohama ADVAN A048R (245/40-18inch) - Soft Compound
Wheel Yokohama ADVAN RC2 gold (18inch)

My previous week 'tune of the week;, Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 also have high camber optional setup that's almost as quick as zero or low camber setup, but this is on SS/RH tire. My recent Matech Ford GT GT3 also has similar camber optional setup like the McLaren.

With oversteer, you can use LSD to your advantage, while understeer, ARB, damper and toe can help a a lot :P

I have edited my tune, deleted the zero camber max grip note. All else the same.

Last edited:
Which car ? Sti/Evo ? Camber values works better on higher grip tires, less noticeable loss of grip :) Some tweaks can be done to make a car handle better with 0.5 and 0.7 camber or more :) Like this one, but still won't be better than with zero camber when it comes to lap time :( Just like the feeling of it.

I don't care for the floaty feeling that camber gives right now.
but the camber was on the sti just didn't feel planted like it normally did.

14300023592_dce9e339b8_c.jpg

Battle Royal - Evo vs STi - Street Tuner

His/Hers - Wet/Dry Impreza WRX STi '07
Lightning Blue Metallic / GTPolarized 009
Inch up +1 - OZ Ultraleggera(Gold) / OZ Quaranta(GT Chrome 003-w)
Type A Aero - No oil change
Comfort Soft at Stowe / Sports Medium at Autumn Ring

388hp, 1205kg, 515pp, 54:46 weight dist.

Parts Installed:
Full Custom Suspension, Trans and LSD
Carbon Shaft, Triple Plate Clutch, Torque Centering Diff
Stage 3 Engine Tuning, Racing Exhaust, Sports Cat Conv
Stage 3 Weight Reduction, Carbon Hood, Window Weight Reduction

Suspension:
Height - 110 / 105
Springs - 6.30 / 6.50
Comp - 4 / 6
Ext - 5 / 7
ARB - 4 / 5
Camber - 0.0/0.0
***Toe - (F)0.0 at Stowe -0.15 at Autumn Ring / (R)-0.05***
Brakes - 4 / 6

LSD:
Initial - 5 / 6
Accel - 18 / 16
Decel - 5 / 8
Centering Diff - 50:50

Trans(install all power upgrades first!) Final to 5.500, Top Speed to 112, then in sequence
1st - 3.135
2nd - 2.325
3rd - 1.845
4th - 1.540
5th - 1.315
6th - 1.145
Final - 3.700

Ballast 0 - Power Limiter 95.7%

***She likes brake control! Most corners at Autumn only require light brake application or lift.
At Stowe, do not brake and turn, let it roll. ***
Paint it pink for Autumn Ring and drive it like you stole it and do not want anyone to see you!:sly:

Last edited:
@Otaliema you have both of bowtie-muscle's tunes in the street racer section but the links are working fine. ;) I'm working on testing my tunes against each other to decide who gets to show their face for the challenge.

Right now I am using my mom's 12GB super slim and this last update has filled it up so I need to save up and get an expansion for it before the next update comes. This is on the bottom of expenses list though so I am not sure if I will have it before update 1.09 comes. :nervous:

@DaBomm4 yeah I saw that and just corrected that.

@Bowtie-muscle added your STi'07 to the list and corrected the location of your street spec car.

@Motor City Hami I know how ya feel. On the wet, I am not happy with my cars there. Really annoyed that my preference car is slower all around than another car. :crazy:

Well here I go:
Spec Street
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version III '96

Parts:
Inch up +1
FC suspension
FC LSD
5-speed transmission
Twin-Plate-Clutch
Torque Centering Diff
Intake Tuning
Mid-Range Turbo
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Window weight reduction

Suspension settings:
85 85
8.05 5.00
3 8
4 9
3 3
0.0 0.0
-0.12 0.0

Brake balance:
7 4

LSD:
25 50
25 50
25 50

Centering Diff:
30:70 for GVS
40:60 for Tsukuba

Power limiter: 97.3%
Ballast: 48kg @ -12

Sports Hard for GVS
Comfort Soft for Tsukuba

Tuned for entertainment
VERY WILD on entry
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :D

STREET RACER SPEC EVOLUTION IX GSR 2005
pp 515 ps 394 kg 1165
LSD: 9 /10 35/20 60/15 ー TQ. SPLIT 20:80
BALLAST: 0 kg
WEIGHT REDUCTION: STAGE 3 / CARBON BONNET
POWER: Stage 2 Engine Tuning/ Sports Computer/ High-RPM Turbo/ Power Limiter 90.3% = 515pp, 391bhp, 54kgfm, 2.97 kg/bhp (To make 515pp power limiter is at 98.4% = 399bhp 2.91kg/bhp)
TRANSMISSION: CLOSE 6spd.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAMPER ~ DRY ーー TIRE SH
75 / 80
13.50 / 5.70
2 / 7
8 / 5
ARB 3 / 7
1.2 / 0.5
-0.10 / 0.13
BRK (NON-RACE) 10 / 10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*SETTING CHANGE FOR WET*
DAMPER ~ WET ーー TIRE SM
FRONT spring - 13.00

Last edited:
@DaBomm4 yeah I saw that and just corrected that.

@Bowtie-muscle added your STi'07 to the list and corrected the location of your street spec car.

@Motor City Hami I know how ya feel. On the wet, I am not happy with my cars there. Really annoyed that my preference car is slower all around than another car. :crazy:
Checked and they are both where they are supposed to be and working:)

Has anyone here noticed any physics change?

Last edited:
Checked and they are both where they are supposed to be and working:)

Has anyone here noticed any physics change?
It caught me right in the middle of tuning an RX8 and I didn't notice any real changes. I', still at 0/0 camber though and haven't changed it. i'm sure if something has changed as far as that goes it would have been in the camber theory thread by now.

It caught me right in the middle of tuning an RX8 and I didn't notice any real changes. I', still at 0/0 camber though and haven't changed it. i'm sure if something has changed as far as that goes it would have been in the camber theory thread by now.
Thanks, already posted both of my tunes and am not going to change them. Have not tried since the update but did not think there would be a change.
One second difference SH and CS on GVE, is that right?
That seems about right.

Autumn Ring.jpg

Lancer Evo VI GSR T.M.E. '00
515 pp
388 hp @ 5,800 rpm
372.3 ft-lb @ 4,700 rpm
1115 kg
Power to Weight 2.87
Weight Distribution 58/42

GT Auto
No Oil Change
No Body Rigidity
Wheels: Stock: Stock
Paint Body: Scotia White
Paint Wheels: Stock
Aero Kit: Stock
Flat Floor: No
Rear Wing: No Wing (wing removed)
Other: No

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Sports Hard and Sports Medium

Suspension
Ride Height 100/100
Spring Rate 6.50/7.50
Dampeners Comp 3/5
Dampeners Ext 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars 3/4
Camber Angle 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle 0.15/0.10
Brake Balance 8/6

Transmission
Initial Final 6.000
Max Speed 112
First Gear 2.780
Second Gear 2.110
Third Gear 1.630
Fourth Gear 1.310
Fifth Gear 1.090
Sixth Gear 0.940
Final Fear 4.000

Drivetrain
LSD Initial 5/5
Accelerate 25/25
LSD Braking 18/15
Torque Split 40:60

Power Limiter 91.9%
Downforce --/0
Ballast Weight 2
Ballast Position 0

Setting changes for Silverstone Stowe wet are Sports Medium tires and Brake Balance 4/6.

This car was inspired by Ichijo from Initial D Fourth Stage.
Evo V & VI Front.jpg

Ronda.jpg
Lancer Evo V GSR '98
483 pp
315 hp @ 6,000 rpm
327.2 ft-lb @ 3,500 rpm
1150 kg
Power to Weight 3.65
Weight Distribution 58/42

GT Auto
No Oil Change
No Body Rigidity
Wheels: Stock: GT-Ab06
Paint Body: Scotia White
Paint Wheels: Stock (Gold one)
Aero Kit: Stock
Flat Floor: No
Rear Wing: No
Other: No

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Six-Speed Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Twin-Plate Clutch Kit
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Sports Hard and Comfort Soft

Suspension
Ride Height 110/110
Spring Rate 7.25/7.75
Dampeners Comp 3/5
Dampeners Ext 5/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/4
Camber Angle 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle 0.15/0.10
Brake Balance 8/6

Drivetrain
LSD Initial 5/5
Accelerate 25/25
LSD Braking 18/15
Torque Split 40:60

Power Limiter 96.3%
Downforce --/0
Ballast Weight 22
Ballast Position 0

Setting Changes for Tsukuba wet are Comfort Soft tires and Brake Balance 4/6.

This car was inspired by Aikawa from Initial D Fourth Stage.
Evo V & VI Front.jpg

Back