FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! Results; Congratulations to Praiano63, Otaliema & Brian Wolf

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 1,044 comments
Hi all. Unfortunately i'm going to have to bow out of testing this time around. Had planned at the start to have most of it done by now, and i've tested 1 car!! The world cup will be taking up my evenings from tomorrow. I was going to test the Pro Spec rally as there are only the 2 of us down to test but having had a go on the dirt, my skills are not sufficient enough to offer any kind of worthwile feedback (a full 4 seconds off Otaliema's times, with frustration a very visible emotion, says the missus!!). Best of luck to you all.
I understand ya, I looked at the bracket the USA got and went they are ^&(^%!, I think I'll route for Germany now *my wife is half German*.
If you find the need to distract your self from the cup feel free to continue the tests, lap times don't matter, as it will be the same for everyone from you and will average out :)

@DolHaus thank you sir. More testers=better :) I think more will step up over the next week or so. I hope, seems to be what happens with most events.

STREET RACERS

Track settings Grip set to real ABS 1 all other aids off. 100% wet track at Stowe

All tunes had their own car.
All tunes were given as long as it took to get what I felt was the best I could get out of them.
Which was roughly 30 mins at each track. Some more, some less. Some I felt needed a revisit a
few days later, and some I nailed within 3 laps then spent the next 20 mins chasing the ghost!

All tunes were tested at Stowe first then Autumn Ring without changing cars.
All tunes tested with DFGT.
All tunes tested as posted.

I have written tyre choices with the lap times to put them in context.

Standard Rims

@DolHaus Subaru Impreza WRX STi '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:10.906 CS/SH
DC : 5
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.828 SM/SM
DC : 9.5

Tyre choice really hurt this tune on the wet stuff, it just spun. Autumn Ring on the other hand
was awesome. Great brakes, gearing and some lift of oversteer gave this tune a permanent place
in my garage. Well done!

@ImToLegitToQuit Lancer Evolution X GSR '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:07.811 SH/SH
DC : 6
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.253 SM/SM
DC : 8

Quite unstable in the wet and made slower by long braking zones. However, much better in the
dry. That instability reduced the understeer prevalent in all the EVO`s tho brakes again were an
issue. I never got into 6th gear and I couldn`t quite place it exactly where i wanted to on the
road. But, it felt fast and that is always fun! Well done!

@suspension EVOLUTION IX GSR 2005

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:12.851 SM/SM
DC : 7.5
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:25.603 SH/SH
DC : 7

A very stiff chassis didn`t make it very forgiving in the wet and the high RPM turbo gave wheelspin in every gear if i wasn`t careful! But, a nicely balanced car and I found the best times came from just giving it 85%. One hand on the wheel, one hand on the shifter. Lifting on each change. I did 15 clean laps in a row a Stowe, getting steadily quicker each lap. At Autumn Ring a similar technique of smooth driving (not my strongpoint!) gave the best times. Well done!

@DaBomm4 Lancer Evo VI GSR T.M.E. '00

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:08.076 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:22.854 SH/SH

I struggled to get it in the corners at Stowe, and coudn`t get the power down coming out
again. Short gearing not helping exit traction. But, that short gearing was perfect at Autumn
Ring where its ability over the kerbs really helped it. You need to be smooth with this tune
and I struggled with that. I think a bit more rear bias in the torque split would have helped me.
A Smoother driver will get better times for you! Top tuning!

@787bcgr Impreza STI '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:02.348 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.186 SM/SM

There is a nice balance to this car in the wet although its a bit wobbly under hard braking.
With a good turn in and mid corner grip this car felt balanced wet or dry tho I did experience
some wobblyness on exit in the dry. Caused, I think by soft ARBs. No problems braking in the
dry tho. Good tune!

@krenkme Impreza Sport Wagon STi Version VI '99

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:10.851 SH/SH
DC : 6.5
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.334 SM/SM
DC : 9

I`ve written in my notes about this car at Stowe "Nice balance until wobble then crash". And
I think thats fair. However with some practice I could slide it nicely, there was enough front
grip to scaninavian flick it and hold the slide......then crash! In the dry tho, what a machine!
That grippy front end ment I could brake late and power early out. A bit of wobble on exit if I
had to correct it but a car with real character, and thats no bad thing! Well done!

@brave bear Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.775 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:24.197 SH/SH

Longer gearing would have helped at Stowe. A decent chassis tho, and with some practice I could slide it round Stowe to a decent time with SM`s on. At Autumn Ring the change to 30:70 torque split didn`t help the balance of the car( I did 5 laps at 40:60 stowe setting by mistake!!) More rear bias made slow corner exit slower. Getting it in to corners was tricky also. Get you braking right and some nice brake lift off oversteer made it easy. Brake too early and the rear diff pushed the front wide. All in all tho a decent compromise tune.
Well done!!

@Motor City Hami Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:02.423 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.199 SM/SM

A very stable tune in the wet, easy to place but not very forgiving on corner exit if I got
carried away, I would have prefered exit oversteer to understeer. The AYC really helped this
car rotate, wet or dry but to me it feels weird. It felt like it was going to over rotate but
then still understeered. I could get on the loud pedal very early in the dry tho, just had to
take a line that would allow it room to push a little on exit. Very easy to drive at its limit,
I think this tune is as fast as an EVO VI could be in this challenge. Well done!

+1 Rims
@xande1959 Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.891 SH/CS 1:01.372 CS/CS
DC : 6 8.5
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.470 SM/SM

In the wet the tyre choice made it very stable, tho understeer alot! At Stowe this tune makes a whole lot more sense now! Now a balanced, agile chassis just missing a bit of front end grip for perfect balance. However, gearing was a bit short and I found myself having to go between 2nd and 3rd on the back half of the track. And, I could never quite get the rotation I wanted at the first hairpin. A longer final gear and extra click on rear brakes and I think I would have been in the 1:00`s! Great tune!
At Autumn Ring it was good on the kerbs and very easy to drive. The gearing was a little short but I could be very consistant with laptimes and could drive late 1:21`s all day. This car practicaly drives itselfits that easy! Could be more exiting but a solid tune. Well done!

@oppositelock Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:08.555 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.560 SH/SH

The heavyweight of the group, and that really helped get the power down in the wet. Longer
gearing would have helped further. A very well behaved car, easy to drive wet or dry but didn`t
like to be pushed hard. The most predictable of the EVO`s and that always makes driving fast
easier! Well done!

@Bowtie-muscle Impreza STI '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.790 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.480 SM/SM

"Stuck like glue" i`ve written in my notes about this tune at STOWE! The most front end grip
of any tune in this class. However, with the back end also sticking like glue it ment that it was
really easy to post fast lap after fast lap! 1:01s all day with this tune. To get any quicker it
was quite hard to get the back end free to slide it through the twistys. I expect a smoother
driver than me could pull a 59sec out the bag with this. My fastest lap at Autumn Ring felt
unremarkable after the miracle of Stowe. I just pointed it where i wanted it to go and it stuck.
Awesome!(still feel like your sliding down the ladder?)

@Otaliema Impreza Sedan STi '10

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.552 CS/CS
DC : 10
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.605 SM/SM

A bit wobbly. But superb brakes and superb balance made this my favourite car at Stowe.
Fast AND fun. Easily the best car through the first hairpin where I had a "driving god" moment.
(followed by a cock up at the end of the straight). I forgot to save the best lap replay at Stowe.
So I went back a few days later and got within .03 sec in ten laps. In the dry it required a
more balanced approach, aggressive yet precise else it would push a bit in the fast corners.
Great work!

+2 Rims
@shaunm80 Impreza Sedan WRX STI (Type-II) '02

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.715 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.729 SH/SH

The most balanced tune here. In the wet you can steer on the throttle in the dry just point it
and floor it. The only tune where I had no "red" laps at all at Autumn Ring, and I drove loads
cos I didn`t want to stop! One of the best tunes i`ve ever driven, and another that has found a
space in my garage. Awesome!

Chassis Reinforcement;
+1 Rims

@Slender_Man Impreza Sedan STi '10

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.975 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.564 SM/SM

Lots of rear grip, not helped by long gearing, made this not as much fun as it was fast. I had
to completely change my line through the first hairpin at stowe, take it wide and smooth, and it
was tricky through the twistys. Great over the kerbs at Autumn Ring but too planted for me to be
really fast. Again I think a smoother driver will get more from this tune. Well done!

@Ridox2JZGTE Lancer Evolution VI GSR

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:05.038 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.067 SM/SM

Very difficult to drive giving it the full beans! That high RPM turbo really makes this tricky
in the wet. But keep it off the boost a little this well balanced chassis was really responsive.
At Autumn Ring its was just 3rd, 4th and 5th gears so easy to concentrate on hitting your marks.
I will test at Autumn Ring on CS for you this weekend. Top Replica!

Last edited:
STREET RACERS

+2 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

The most balanced tune here. In the wet you can steer on the throttle in the dry just point it
and floor it. The only tune where I had no "red" laps at all at Autumn Ring, and I drove loads
cos I didn`t want to stop! One of the best tunes i`ve ever driven, and another that has found a
Many thanks for this review. I am pleased you like the tune so much you drove it more than required. When testing it, i found i actually enjoyed driving in the wet conditions in this car as well. Its good that that pleasure found its way into the tune. :)

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

Tyre choice really hurt this tune on the wet stuff, it just spun. Autumn Ring on the other hand
was awesome. Great brakes, gearing and some lift of oversteer gave this tune a permanent place
in my garage. Well done!
Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed it at AR and got a decent time out of it, shame it didn't work so well at Silverstone lol
I figured I had to try something different on my Scuba-ru, in hindsight it may not have been such a bright idea! Ah well, live and learn :cheers:

@brian wolf great review thank you. I did think it was tad off but couldn't get it to stop wobbling and keep the turn in.
Thank you for tuning it! I forgave it the wobble cos I could rotate it so fast at the hairpin! Like with the handbrake but not using the handbrake!:cheers:
Many thanks for this review. I am pleased you like the tune so much you drove it more than required. When testing it, i found i actually enjoyed driving in the wet conditions in this car as well. Its good that that pleasure found its way into the tune. :)
I`m taking up drifting with your tune! Just a way of improving technique, not for fun......honest!;)👍
@brian wolf ....WOW, thank you Sir! Did not know if anyone else could get a good lap at Stowe, you were within 2 tenths on Autumn of my best time, Little shorter on Stowe. Makes me feel a ton better about my tunes. And yes, I now LOVE that car, fast as anything.
A great tune to headline your speed shop!👍

@brian wolf ....WOW, thank you Sir! Did not know if anyone else could get a good lap at Stowe, you were within 2 tenths on Autumn of my best time, Little shorter on Stowe. Makes me feel a ton better about my tunes. And yes, I now LOVE that car, fast as anything.
After the opening match of the 2014 World Cup, I may be popping by your garage to test your tune out. It sounds like it would be a good edition to have in my current arsenal of hot lap cars.

See there ya go. Your rockin out in my challenge. only 0.113 behind me in second -_o
AND your holding fast lap for tuners at AR.

Thank you for tuning it! I forgave it the wobble cos I could rotate it so fast at the hairpin! Like with the handbrake but not using the handbrake!:cheers:
Thank you for that I wonder if everyone else will be as nice lol. I seem to have made hot lappers this time around not fast racers. -_-

A great tune to headline your speed shop!👍

A chevy man headlining with a Japaneses car built in Indiana :lol: who do thunk it. :lol:

Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed it at AR and got a decent time out of it, shame it didn't work so well at Silverstone lol
I figured I had to try something different on my Scuba-ru, in hindsight it may not have been such a bright idea! Ah well, live and learn :cheers:
When I saw your tune I really hoped it would work for you at Stowe! I couldn`t bring myself to give it a go with CS front and rear cos i think you might be a tyre selection away from a podium finish.

STREET RACERS

Partial Review. (2 to follow)

Track settings Grip set to real ABS 1 all other aids off. 100% wet track at Stowe

All tunes had their own car.
All tunes were given as long as it took to get what I felt was the best I could get out of them.
Which was roughly 30 mins at each track. Some more, some less. Some I felt needed a revisit a
few days later, and some I nailed within 3 laps then spent the next 20 mins chasing the ghost!

All tunes were tested at Stowe first then Autumn Ring without changing cars.
All tunes tested with DFGT.
All tunes tested as posted.

I have written tyre choices with the lap times to put them in context.

Standard Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

in my garage. Well done!

@ImToLegitToQuit Lancer Evolution X GSR '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:07.811 SH/SH
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.253 SM/SM

Quite unstable in the wet and made slower by long braking zones. However, much better in the
dry. That instability reduced the understeer prevalent in all the EVO`s tho brakes again were an
issue. I never got into 6th gear and I couldn`t quite place it exactly where i wanted to on the
road. But, it felt fast and that is always fun! Well done!

@suspension EVOLUTION IX GSR 2005

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime :
DC :
Autumn Ring
Laptime :
DC :

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

I struggled to get it in the corners at Stowe, and coudn`t get the power down coming out
again. Short gearing not helping exit traction. But, that short gearing was perfect at Autumn
Ring where its ability over the kerbs really helped it. You need to be smooth with this tune
and I struggled with that. I think a bit more rear bias in the torque split would have helped me.

@787bcgr Impreza STI '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:02.348 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.186 SM/SM

There is a nice balance to this car in the wet although its a bit wobbly under hard braking.
With a good turn in and mid corner grip this car felt balanced wet or dry tho I did experience
some wobblyness on exit in the dry. Caused, I think by soft ARBs. No problems braking in the
dry tho. Good tune!

@krenkme Impreza Sport Wagon STi Version VI '99

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:10.851 SH/SH
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:20.334 SM/SM

I`ve written in my notes about this car at Stowe "Nice balance until wobble then crash". And
I think thats fair. However with some practice I could slide it nicely, there was enough front
grip to scaninavian flick it and hold the slide......then crash! In the dry tho, what a machine!
That grippy front end ment I could brake late and power early out. A bit of wobble on exit if I
had to correct it but a car with real character, and thats no bad thing! Well done!

@brave bear Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime :
DC :
Autumn Ring
Laptime :
DC :

@Motor City Hami Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:02.423 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.199 SM/SM

A very stable tune in the wet, easy to place but not very forgiving on corner exit if I got
carried away, I would have prefered exit oversteer to understeer. The AYC really helped this
car rotate, wet or dry but to me it feels weird. It felt like it was going to over rotate but
then still understeered. I could get on the loud pedal very early in the dry tho, just had to
take a line that would allow it room to push a little on exit. Very easy to drive at its limit,
I think this tune is as fast as an EVO VI could be in this challenge. Well done!

+1 Rims
@xande1959 Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI '10

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:06.891 SH/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:21.470 SM/SM

In the wet the tyre choice made it very stable, tho understeer alot! At Autumn Ring it was
good on the kerbs and very easy to drive. The gearing was a little short but I could be very
consistant with laptimes and could drive late 1:21`s all day. This car practicaly drives itself
its that easy! Could be more exiting but a solid tune. Well done!

@oppositelock Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:08.555 SM/SM
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:23.560 SH/SH

The heavyweight of the group, and that really helped get the power down in the wet. Longer
gearing would have helped further. A very well behaved car, easy to drive wet or dry but didn`t
like to be pushed hard. The most predictable of the EVO`s and that always makes driving fast
easier! Well done!

@Bowtie-muscle Impreza STI '07

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.790 CS/CS
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.480 SM/SM

"Stuck like glue" i`ve written in my notes about this tune at STOWE! The most front end grip
of any tune in this class. However, with the back end also sticking like glue it ment that it was
really easy to post fast lap after fast lap! 1:01s all day with this tune. To get any quicker it
was quite hard to get the back end free to slide it through the twistys. I expect a smoother
driver than me could pull a 59sec out the bag with this. My fastest lap at Autumn Ring felt
unremarkable after the miracle of Stowe. I just pointed it where i wanted it to go and it stuck.
Awesome!(still feel like your sliding down the ladder?)

@Otaliema Impreza Sedan STi '10

Silverstone Stowe
Laptime : 1:00.552 CS/CS
DC : 10
Autumn Ring
Laptime : 1:19.605 SM/SM

A bit wobbly. But superb brakes and superb balance made this my favourite car at Stowe.
Fast AND fun. Easily the best car through the first hairpin where I had a "driving god" moment.
(followed by a cock up at the end of the straight). I forgot to save the best lap replay at Stowe.
So I went back a few days later and got within .03 sec in ten laps. In the dry it required a
more balanced approach, aggressive yet precise else it would push a bit in the fast corners.
Great work!

+2 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

Chassis Reinforcement;
+1 Rims

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

Lots of rear grip, not helped by long gearing, made this not as much fun as it was fast. I had
to completely change my line through the first hairpin at stowe, take it wide and smooth, and it
was tricky through the twistys. Great over the kerbs at Autumn Ring but too planted for me to be
really fast. Again I think a smoother driver will get more from this tune. Well done!

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

Very difficult to drive giving it the full beans! That high RPM turbo really makes this tricky
in the wet. But keep it off the boost a little this well balanced chassis was really responsive.
At Autumn Ring its was just 3rd, 4th and 5th gears so easy to concentrate on hitting your marks.

Silverstone Stowe I used two different tire compounds for this circuit as asked and now I'm seeing that many not used,.

Silverstone Stowe I used two different tire compounds for this circuit as asked and now I'm seeing that many not used,.
Sorry for any confusion on the tires. When I asked you add a second set of tires to the tune after you posted it. I didn't mean for you to put two different tires on the car just change the tires for the stowe :(

When I saw your tune I really hoped it would work for you at Stowe! I couldn`t bring myself to give it a go with CS front and rear cos i think you might be a tyre selection away from a podium finish.
I couldn't really get my head around stowe, not a favoured track and even less appealing when its a foot under water. Figured I try something different but I may have shot myself in the foot lol
I have a feeling we have similar tastes in cars, I got on with your Street Spec car really well in testing (5 cars left at tsukuba, will hopefully get it finished tonight and typed up tomorrow)

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

Great time, and thanks for the kind words mate :) Look forward for the CS run :cheers:

@Otaliema ....Still behind but on your bumper.
@brian wolf A Subaru headlining a Bowtie shop....:ouch:....but seriously, never liked Miatas until the Miata Challenge. NEVER liked Scoobies until that car made me drool:drool:
@shaunm80 give her a run, think you will like it......now to try your entry when I get home, I struggled a little when I tried to tune it.

But, it's still early in testing.

Last edited:
I couldn't really get my head around stowe, not a favoured track and even less appealing when its a foot under water. Figured I try something different but I may have shot myself in the foot lol
I have a feeling we have similar tastes in cars, I got on with your Street Spec car really well in testing (5 cars left at tsukuba, will hopefully get it finished tonight and typed up tomorrow)
I know what you mean about stowe! I tested my street spec car there a lot to get used to it, but first time out I thought "what have I done! I`ve said i`ll test street racers and I cant even put a lap together in my spec car!" But, I found once you get your marks a get to know the line its not that bad. This is why my spec car is a bit tail happy!:lol:

@Ridox2JZGTE I dont do kind words! I do honest appraisal.👍 I`m looking forward to your tune on CS at Autumn Ring too.:)

Last edited:

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

Thanks for the review, I agree i may have over looked the transmission to concentrate on the grip :dunce:

Thanks for the review, I agree i may have over looked the transmission to concentrate on the grip :dunce:
Its a good transmission, just wasn`t natural for my style. I would have looked at longer gearing to help traction on a slippery track.👍 My pro spec evo does the W trail almost exclusively in 2nd and 3rd.

Its a good transmission, just wasn`t natural for my style. I would have looked at longer gearing to help traction on a slippery track.👍 My pro spec evo does the W trail almost exclusively in 2nd and 3rd.
I musts been pushing it pretty hard I was in 4th-5th most of the time dropping to 2nd only for the hairpins and chicanes. Was a solid car. I was very surprised at the results I got when I tested i was sure that all the evo's where going to dominate the class.

I musts been pushing it pretty hard I was in 4th-5th most of the time dropping to 2nd only for the hairpins and chicanes. Was a solid car. I was very surprised at the results I got when I tested i was sure that all the evo's where going to dominate the class.
I used 4th and 5th only on the start/finish strait of W trail. The rest of the lap was down to 2nd, turn in, power out, short shift to 3rd, rinse and repeat!:)

STREET RACERS

Silverstone Stowe
Autumn Ring

Thanks for testing and great review. :) I can tell that we have different driving styles which is as you pointed out. What I was doing on Stowe with the short gears is always be up a gear on exit, maybe I should have just changed the final gear for my adjustment. We will see how other testers can adjust to my tune. Great job!

Ok so I had a revelation of sorts on my way home from work, Jersey traffic will do that from time to time,:banghead:...So answer me this guys. I think I figured out my frustration with tuning lately, hear me out. For The Hot HAtch Challenge I spent alot of time driving FF cars that don't like to turn. After the challenge I continued to try and make my entries better. Then this challenge comes along and I've been driving so many 4wd cars. Tuned 8 before I knew which I was getting, and 4 after. When I was satisfied with my enties, I got carries away and tuned a bunch of Scoobs and Evos. I then started getting ready to open my garage and decided to build a FR car and it was giving me fits, felt like I did not know what I was doing:boggled:......Could it just be that I forgot how to drive a FR car with power thanks to PD's wonderful weight transfer and wheel spin on exit? The car by the way is the '00 Camaro at 550pp. Not the best car to begin with and PD made it worse than it was in GT5.:irked::grumpy:

Ok so I had a revelation of sorts on my way home from work, Jersey traffic will do that from time to time,:banghead:...So answer me this guys. I think I figured out my frustration with tuning lately, hear me out. For The Hot HAtch Challenge I spent alot of time driving FF cars that don't like to turn. After the challenge I continued to try and make my entries better. Then this challenge comes along and I've been driving so many 4wd cars. Tuned 8 before I knew which I was getting, and 4 after. When I was satisfied with my enties, I got carries away and tuned a bunch of Scoobs and Evos. I then started getting ready to open my garage and decided to build a FR car and it was giving me fits, felt like I did not know what I was doing:boggled:......Could it just be that I forgot how to drive a FR car with power thanks to PD's wonderful weight transfer and wheel spin on exit? The car by the way is the '00 Camaro at 550pp. Not the best car to begin with and PD made it worse than it was in GT5.:irked::grumpy:
I think it may be the forgetting how to handle the FR's, I have noticed this also when I changed to a rear wheel happy car.

I can agree with that assessment of the tuning situation. I went to tune up a C7 for the 550 A-spec seasonal grabbed my already well tuned 550 sheet and started tweaking it to make it better I ended up with a monster that doesn't know which end should be going forward. :lol: What your speaking of is the same thing my tester driver complained about after the hot hatch challenge. took him 10 laps at Nur to get his feeling back on the FR's. Go grab a good FR race car and lay down laps at your favorite track till you got it back than have at the tuning is my advice. Or grab a Elise slap some SS on it and blow up Brands Hatch for a bit that will get your back in line :lol:

Aw crap, I just realized I never set grip to real during my testing. :ouch:

I wondered why people were getting better times with comfort tires while I was going faster on sport tires. Guess I'm not going to win this one after all. :lol:

Back