FITT challenge. Viper Strike Closed Congratulations to Lap; Lionheart2113 & Drivers choice Xande1959

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 425 comments
Did anyone do any Camber testing with these cars in the end?

If be interested to know the results if there are any?

I scanned through the thread but didn't see anything, apologies if I missed them.

Did anyone do any Camber testing with these cars in the end?

If be interested to know the results if there are any?

I scanned through the thread but didn't see anything, apologies if I missed them.
There have been countless camber tests done, @Motor City Hami and @praiano63 both still believe that 0.0 is still faster. In my testing, I found where camber helps feel and sometimes grip but other settings need to be adjusted. It is more of an aide not a cure, however, I should mention that I have since been finding myself working back to 0.0 camber and only using it when needed. And when I do use it, it is sparingly. Others here will tell you that camber is the way to go, so it is best for you to see what works for you. Try some of the tunes here, some have camber such as mine, and others have none. My tune which I liked, did not do as well as some of the others. In the latest challenge, Hot Version Drivetrain, I only used camber on the front of the NSX. Felt better and helped tunnel turn at SSR5 but may have hindered elsewhere, finished second in lap time.

There have been countless camber tests done, @Motor City Hami and @praiano63 both still believe that 0.0 is still faster. In my testing, I found where camber helps feel and sometimes grip but other settings need to be adjusted. It is more of an aide not a cure, however, I should mention that I have since been finding myself working back to 0.0 camber and only using it when needed. And when I do use it, it is sparingly. Others here will tell you that camber is the way to go, so it is best for you to see what works for you. Try some of the tunes here, some have camber such as mine, and others have none. My tune which I liked, did not do as well as some of the others. In the latest challenge, Hot Version Drivetrain, I only used camber on the front of the NSX. Felt better and helped tunnel turn at SSR5 but may have hindered elsewhere, finished second in lap time.

Thanks Bowtie, like so many things in this world, as frustrating as it is to not have one simple answer, it is the mystery and constant research and experimentation needed to master that keeps us hooked!

(Otherwise known as: if it was simple it would be boring)

I'm currently using ever so minimal camber as it helps keep the car planted.
But I do notice the car feels looser and more free moving with less camber, choices choices..

I haven't got any concrete data to back what I say up in this instance - only what it feels like. I guess that is why I was interested to see if you guys found any conclusive evidence from any retests of the cars posted in this thread.

This is my opinion and only an opinion. Others are free to believe something else if their testing leads them in that direction. Camber at zero has been consistently faster for me. If the tune is built for a time trial, zero camber will always be on one end of the car and added to the other end only to reduce mid-corner through exit grip. But, on a handful of cars that I race myself online, camber has helped calm these cars down on corner entry. In a longer race with real life competitors and not predictable AI, I am willing to trade a little mid-corner grip for a more consistent corner entry. I am talking the use of 0.1, 0.2, maybe 0.3 camber in these cases. Anything higher and I am giving up way too much mid-corner through exit grip and therefore chunks of lap time.

Again, to disclaim these comments, this is simply my opinion. I am not trying to debate anyone to disprove their findings. Use what works for you.

This is my opinion and only an opinion. Others are free to believe something else if their testing leads them in that direction. Camber at zero has been consistently faster for me. If the tune is built for a time trial, zero camber will always be on one end of the car and added to the other end only to reduce mid-corner through exit grip. But, on a handful of cars that I race myself online, camber has helped calm these cars down on corner entry. In a longer race with real life competitors and not predictable AI, I am willing to trade a little mid-corner grip for a more consistent corner entry. I am talking the use of 0.1, 0.2, maybe 0.3 camber in these cases. Anything higher and I am giving up way too much mid-corner through exit grip and therefore chunks of lap time.

Again, to disclaim these comments, this is simply my opinion. I am not trying to debate anyone to disprove their findings. Use what works for you.
I agree, I am not using camber as much either which is why I said to use it sparingly. I am back to starting with 0.0 and only adding minimal camber to aide in certain handling situations and never go over 0.5 anymore. I respect your opinion and have found yours to be more accurate since the 1.10 update. May have gotten caught up in the placebo effect of 1.09, and like you, only use it at one end of the car.

Back