FITT challenge. Viper Strike Closed Congratulations to Lap; Lionheart2113 & Drivers choice Xande1959

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 425 comments
It my head hurt more than my screaming 4 y/o trying to think about that. :lol:
I think I over tuned my car. I put over 2k km on it during the tuning phase. and it showed in the results. I was too familiar with the car and could push it harder than a new driver in it.
And I may have under tuned:boggled:, felt pretty good after about an hour and I feared tuning til it was broke. Let it ride and paid for it. Next............

I think I over tuned my car. I put over 2k km on it during the tuning phase. and it showed in the results. I was too familiar with the car and could push it harder than a new driver in it.

@Motor City Hami @Bowtie-muscle @DolHaus thank you. It was fun. as I said a biit a go compaired to the STi vs Evo challenge hosting this one was a breeze.
I updated the master blank scoring sheet to support 20 tuners and 10 testers so future challenges I shouldn't run into space issues i hope :lol:

I didn't put nearly enough time into mine, only gave it about 2hrs as that was all the time I had spare.
Maybe we should combine our cars for the perfect balance? :lol:

Testing is now closed.
Offical results. Results post updated as well.

Lap time
1 @Lionheart2113 1:24.594 +00.000
2 @xande1959 1:24.873 +00.279
3 @oppositelock 1:24.891 +00.297
4 @brian wolf 1:25.048 +00.454
5 @Motor City Hami 1:25.186 +00.592

Drivers Choice
1 @xande1959 8.617
2 @oppositelock 8.583
3 @Lionheart2113 8.517
4 @Motor City Hami 8.500
5 @DolHaus 8.300

Fastest Lap at Trial Mountain
1:23.739; @xande1959 's tune Driven By @Lionheart2113
How did you figure average DC scores? Add them all together for that tuner and divide by the number of DC scores?

@Motor City Hami @Bowtie-muscle @DolHaus thank you. It was fun. as I said a biit a go compaired to the STi vs Evo challenge hosting this one was a breeze.
I updated the master blank scoring sheet to support 20 tuners and 10 testers so future challenges I shouldn't run into space issues i hope :lol:

I'm thinking that something is up with the last column of information that you entered for TooLegit, cuz the DC score averages were correct as of last night because I was hoping that TooLegit got my bribe money before the deadline. This is what I got for top 3 average DC scores...

Lionheart2113 (9.1+9+7+9+8.5+10) = 52.6 (/) 6 scores = 8.76
Xande1959 (8.2+7.5+10+8+9.5+8.5) = 51.7 (/) 6 scores = 8.61
Oppositelock (7+8.5+10+8+9+9) = 51.5 (/) 6 scores = 8.58

Sorry for this again, but I know you want the sheet correct so you can easily use it again and again. Especially if you are going to do bi-weekly contests...

Edit: easily done since I screwed up my initial post numbers!:banghead:

Last edited:
I'm thinking that something is up with the last column of information that you entered for TooLegit, cuz the DC score averages were correct as of last night because I was hoping that TooLegit got my bribe money before the deadline. This is what I got for top 3 average DC scores...

Lionheart2113 (9.1+9+7+9+8.5+10) = 52.6 (/) 6 scores = 8.76
Xande1959 (8.2+7.5+10+8+9.5+8.5) = 51.7 (/) 6 scores = 8.61
Oppositelock (7+8.5+10+8+9+9) = 51.5 (/) 6 scores = 8.58

Sorry for this again, but I know you want the sheet correct so you can easily use it again and again. Especially if you are going to do bi-weekly contests...

Edit: easily done since I screwed up my initial post numbers!:banghead:
I prolly miss linked a column again I'll look at. That's why I rebuilt the master blank to 20/10 so it's less likly to need be added to for a challenge. It's a pain in the ...... Has to manually edit 30 or so formulas.
Oops! Forgot to say a massive thankyou for running the challenge/damn you for choosing Trial Mountain to @Otaliema!;)
:bowdown:
Had to bring back a classic track and a pain in the rear car to run with it

I prolly miss linked a column again I'll look at. That's why I rebuilt the master blank to 20/10 so it's less likly to need be added to for a challenge. It's a pain in the ...... Has to manually edit 30 or so formulas.
You've got far more patience than I ever would have with it! The numbers from ToLegit look fine, it's gotta be somwhere in that last column of formulas...perhaps the added tester value causing issues:confused: Excel sheets are a pain in the 🤬 Especially when you copy and clip information from one column to all the others...and the cells don't want to cooperate or the copied column has a problem!:mad:

Don't think I've ever done a FITT challenge before, so I guess it is, except I think I just got robbed of my second place DC finish. :lol:

Thanks to @Otaliema and all the testers and tuners.
I think you did the STi vs Evo too didn't you or was your ps3 acting up?
I didn't have time today to check the sheet kids where up at 6am today makes for a long day when they don't crash till 9pm-11pm most days. If I'm still coherent after they go down I'll look at the sheet see if I can find the errors if not I'll plug in the data into the new master and see if it works the way it should.

I mentioned that I always drive the tunes that place ahead of me in FITT competitions in an effort to break down what I thought made the tune successful. For this Viper competition, I want to drive all cars that were within one second of the leader. @DolHaus and @787bcgr in 8th and 9th are right on the bubble of that under 1.1 seconds out, so that's my cut off. That is eight cars to test, not including mine. With that many, I should have just test drove for the competition. :dunce:

Should I post reviews back here?

I mentioned that I always drive the tunes that place ahead of me in FITT competitions in an effort to break down what I thought made the tune successful. For this Viper competition, I want to drive all cars that were within one second of the leader. @DolHaus and @787bcgr in 8th and 9th are right on the bubble of that under 1.1 seconds out, so that's my cut off. That is eight cars to test, not including mine. With that many, I should have just test drove for the competition. :dunce:

I believe everyone would appreciate the extra feedback.

Always interested in feedback, specially from someone with a with an engineers eye for what is making the differences 👍

Always up for more feedback on the tunes and looks like everyone else is as well :)

I could not find the err in the previous sheet so I moved all the data to the new sheet, found a few range err's and missing formulas :dopey: got them repaired and the DC podium changed. I've updated the results post to reflect correct standings sorry about that guys :scared:
Correct standings
Drivers Choice Podium
1 @Lionheart2113 8.77
2 @xande1959 8.62
3 @oppositelock 8.583

Still broke, I'm still 8th............Oh wait!........:lol::lol::lol:
Get some new glasses maybe rose with red lines will help with the numbers jumping around. ;)

Well I finally found the err in the old sheet was a cell miss match in @ImToLegitToQuit data. dunno how that happened but it did I fixed that and all the numbers match up now.

Get some new glasses maybe rose with red lines will help with the numbers jumping around. ;)

Well I finally found the err in the old sheet was a cell miss match in @ImToLegitToQuit data. dunno how that happened but it did I fixed that and all the numbers match up now.
I knew it had to be something with the last thing you did involving ToLegits data!👍

I knew it had to be something with the last thing you did involving ToLegits data!👍
it was actually a build flaw from day one in the sheet but due to the way the flaw was in place I didn't notice it as all the numbers where there, and first 3 and last 5 cells where linked correctly. the randbetween formula is good but not perfect have to plug in static numbers to a sheet final.
With the way I build sheets what happened shouldn't have happened, must have been a random touch on the touchpad or the screen that caused the miss link.

A review would be much apprectiated.:cheers:

Viper Strike Reviews

-Track settings Grip set to real ABS 1 all other aids off.
-All tunes got at least 10 laps at Trial Mountain.
-All tunes were tested until I felt I had got all I could out of them.
-All tunes tested with DFGT and manual transmission.
-All tunes tested as posted.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Time - 1:26.945
DC - 6.5

Good in the slower corners, With nice exit traction. But, understeer in the fast corners ment I was never going to make
up the time lost by -70bhp. Springs and dampers seemed very well matched. But, were just too stiff for the track.
Well done.

OK, here goes.

All cars tested for 10 laps, using DS3 (d-pad), all aids off except ABS1 and driving line, with Auto transmission.

Not sure what happened with my lap times in this one, maybe the car and track not suited to my style, and it ranks up their with the Miata at Matterhorn for thumb achedness and frustration. It seems I only really settled with 2 tunes out of the 15, so well done to those.

Listed as requested by the host.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Time - 1:26:783
DC - 7.5
Nice tight tune. Slightly underpowered but able to use what it had well. A little understeer and not too keen on the bumps but good effort.

OK my testing is done. I will also include a second test for @DaBomm4 car because I accidentally ran it with flat floor and the difference between the two was unimaginably different. It will be in red at the end.

I did my testing a bit different then everyone else but still had a minimum of 10 laps for each car. I would give my self 2 laps at about 70% to get a feel for the car and then set a fast lap. I then game myself 5 laps to beat my best time. If I beat it then the 5 lap count to beat it would start over. If I couldn't best that time in 5 laps then the test was over. most cars had about 20 laps in before I couldn't beat myself.

So here they are in no particular order because I separated them by parts for the sake of cost.

@Ridox2JZGTE 1:26.341 DC-8

- was one of the best handling cars off throttle with some understeer on braking but went away as soon as I lifted.
- with comparable power this really would have been a contender. Nice car man.

Thanks guys for the reviews :) Sorry I replied late, was busy the whole week :P and I have "tens" of cars waiting to for final test and posting :lol:

Last edited:
Results
Google sheet for results

Lap Time
1st @Lionheart2113 1:24.594 +00.000
2nd @xande1959 1:24.873 +00.279
3rd @oppositelock 1:24.891 +00.297

Drivers Choice
1st @Lionheart2113 8.77
2nd @Xande1959 8.62
3rd @Oppositelock 8.5883

Fastest Lap
1:23.739; @xande1959 's tune Driven By @Lionheart2113
That was close and fun...ok @Otaliema when's the next one?:dopey:
Thanks again to the testers for putting up with the grind. Lots of tunes and plenty of different options. I know my wallet took a hit with this challenge. Also congrats and thanks to those who posted tunes. You guys are awesome! And looking forward to even more feedback from @Motor City Hami :bowdown:
:cheers:

That was close and fun...ok @Otaliema when's the next one?:dopey:
Thanks again to the testers for putting up with the grind. Lots of tunes and plenty of different options. I know my wallet took a hit with this challenge. Also congrats and thanks to those who posted tunes. You guys are awesome! And looking forward to even more feedback from @Motor City Hami :bowdown:
:cheers:
No earlier than Wednesday of next week. It's my sons fourth bday tomorrow and party on Sunday. So gonna be very busy/tired from that. I need to check with @Ronald6 on the status of his David vs Goliath challenge I don't want to push aside long plan challenges for the short and quick ones.

The DvG challenge was supposed to be short and quick. I was doing it only as a bridge between better competitions. If anyone wants to run another competition I would gladly hold off.

For the DvG challenge instead of trying to find the perfect track I'll have each tester run a lap in each car stock and use that as the handicap.

@Otaliema, sorry for the delay in responding (because rallycross :)). Sorry

Back