FITT challenge. Viper Strike Closed Congratulations to Lap; Lionheart2113 & Drivers choice Xande1959

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 425 comments
Okay here is my times:

Otaliema:

1:24.784

The issue I had with this car was understeer - it tended to be off-throttle and under braking - a few laps in I got comfortable with the braking points and found some more time, but it just felt unresponsive in the corners.

DC - 6

Bowtie-Muscle:

1:24.565

Very much what I was expecting a Viper to be like, not too loose, very nice in the corners but was not able to be as smooth as with Brian Wolf's which was pretty similar.

DC - 8

Ridox:

1:26.173

Main issue again was understeer - this time it was on-throttle understeer and under braking. The brakes didn't feel powerful enough and I couldn't get comfortable over 15 laps, the best time was on lap 4 strangely. LSD felt like it was causing a lot of the understeer and it was harder out of the corners because of the high Accel. But to just drive it felt okay, trying to find the limit was pretty much impossible.

I tried with ABS 0 and found the brakes locked up all the time, switched to Standard brakes and found it better, but it locked up occasionally and it was still no faster. If I was to use this tune myself in the future it would need to be adjusted to my own driving style.

DC - 5

Brian Wolf:

1:24.342

Much like Bowtie's but better - more responsive, better under braking and less oversteer meant it got through the corners that bit faster.

DC - 9 (if something better doesn't come along)

Lionheart:

1:23.968

It was a hard fought 23, but it felt good when I finally got it after so many restarts - initial fastest lap was 24.525, but I felt it could go much faster (irregardless of MrGrado's video, lol) so I persevered and despite all it's other problems in the right hands it's probably the fastest one here, but just not for me.

I kept bouncing off the rev limiter on the straight which although minor the sound was rather annoying, the brakes didn't feel comfortable for me, and getting back on the gas was difficult and had to be done just right. It also pushed in the high speed corners a little and was wild over the bumps, more than the others it seemed.

This was a beast I couldn't tame, but despite being so unruly it was fast.

DC - 7

Shaun

1:27.141

Three issues with the tune which prevented a good time -
  • Wheelspin - even in 3rd gear going round a mid-speed corner
  • Understeer - on entry meant braking earlier, but then mid-corner
  • Brake lockup - high brake balance was a hindrance here
But despite that it was okay. Maybe flat floors were also part of why it's slower than the rest.

DC - 4

DolHaus

1:24.451

Wow, I 🤬 love it - this car just feels AWESOME, I feel this is a Jeremy Clarkson car and a car I can really enjoy sliding round the corners like they're not even there. I wish I could've gone faster because it just felt really good to drive on the edge. Not really a grip car, but I didn't spin it out much at all. Even if the brakes did lock up on downhill bits I didn't care because it held a slide really nicely as if it was made for that kind of shenanigans.

Probably not a car for everyone - but I loved it.

DC - 10 (Because it's the most fun one yet)

Gino

1:24.827

A really nice tune, very good to drive - lovely coming out of corners, and lovely entering corners in 2nd there is a nice slide but most corners are fine in 3rd - the gearing is a bit odd though, and that's the only thing I'm not keen on.

DC - 8

krenkme

1:26.160

I like it, but I don't really love it - it's not that it's slow, it's no slouch, but it DOES NOT LIKE BUMPS. It can get air pretty easily, plus wheelspin out of corners means a hard time battling the car throughout the lap rather than just enjoying chucking it into the corners. It's quite snappy let's say, but not much fun, I'm sorry.

DC - 7

787b

1:25.113

Throttle input had to be so delicate so the car wouldn't just do a 180 on exit of a 2nd gear corner which in turn meant a more tentative laptime. Though every other part of the tune felt great.

DC - 7

MrGrado

1:26.527

See above re throttle input only far worse. I don't know how you could've gotten a 24 on DS3 with this tune.

And again, good tune otherwise - more oversteer on entry for this one though which wasn't a bad thing.

DC - 6

Xande

1:23.925

A fantastic tune - different from DolHaus's because this is a grip tune, but no less fun and effortless to drive.

Very well done.

DC - 10

oppositelock

1:24.164

An extremely well-balanced tune - outstanding.

Some minor oversteer on exit, but not worth quibbling over really.

DC - 10

Motor City Hami

1:24.792

Another great tune, well-balanced but a little bit skittish on some of the bumps and a little bit of oversteer on the exit, but other than that a very nice tune.

DC - 9

DaBomm

1:26.634

It's not a car - it's a Zeppelin! The slightest bump and it will fly. Though granted it does have a bit more agility than a Zeppelin - it'll oversteer under braking into most corners, quite severely at times, but then in others it will refuse to turn - so again quite Zeppelin-like.

And it goes without saying - slow too . . . like a Zeppelin!

"Like a G6 Zeppelin!"

DC - 5

Last edited:
Weight reduction should be stage 3 to make 1300kg;)
I don`t have Moulin Rouge paint chip. Does it give black or white stripes? Need to get these things right you know! I think black stripes are worth half a second!:lol:
@DolHaus What colour is your car? Looks green but I can`t tell from your pic? Stripes?:cheers:
Epic fail, weight stage 3 is correct. Moulin Rouge is Plymouth if you want it and it is pink and black.
I may be adjusting my tune in this extension for a heads up.

My tune is updated and now I will move onto my next pink beast. But first:
Trial Mountain Circuit_2.jpg

@iainoflo85 thanks for the feedback that's about how it felt to me as well, could never get rud of it with throttle use did I forget to put that in the notes?

Edit; yes yes I did forget to put drivers notes/tips added the following to the tune description part of the post;
"This is a throttle steered car, power oversteer and trail break slides to get into and through corners. Find your rhythm and this car is easy to drive and pretty quick about it."

Last edited:
Brian Wolf:

1:24.342

Much like Bowtie's but better - more responsive, better under braking and less oversteer meant it got through the corners that bit faster.

DC - 9 (if something better doesn't come along)
Nice laptime!👍 Cheers for testing!:cheers:

Okay here is my first set of times:

Ridox:

1:26.173

Main issue again was understeer - this time it was on-throttle understeer and under braking. The brakes didn't feel powerful enough and I couldn't get comfortable over 15 laps, the best time was on lap 4 strangely. LSD felt like it was causing a lot of the understeer and it was harder out of the corners because of the high Accel. But to just drive it felt okay, trying to find the limit was pretty much impossible.

I tried with ABS 0 and found the brakes locked up all the time, switched to Standard brakes and found it better, but it locked up occasionally and it was still no faster. If I was to use this tune myself in the future it would need to be adjusted to my own driving style.

DC - 5

:) Thanks for the review/feedback. Understeer will more likely comes from not only the LSD, the car was tuned for smooth tracks. I will drive the car again and make adjustments on suspension, will post the changes on my garage later on, Iainoflo85 version :D

Your initial is fine, it's just one of your other gears that didn't match up, let me just check.

EDIT: No it's all okay now - after I put Bowtie's tune on the 2nd tab went back to yours without adjusting the power all gears match fine now.

Perhaps I tuned the gears after I reduced the power limiter.
@Otaliema
I couldn't get your 2nd gear to match. I even switched my units over to km/h just in case my fingers on the calculator were wrong...

:) Thanks for the review/feedback. Understeer will more likely comes from not only the LSD, the car was tuned for smooth tracks. I will drive the car again and make adjustments on suspension, will post the changes on my garage later on, Iainoflo85 version :D

Thank you Orido. :)

Will continue with these later today.

Just a quick reminder, mine seems to be the only one without flat floors. Not sure that effects the testing :nervous:...also no reinforcement :dunce:

Last place car :dopey:

Just a quick reminder, mine seems to be the only one without flat floors. Not sure that effects the testing :nervous:...also no reinforcement :dunce:

Maybe not - don't think that so soon. I found the reinforcement is hit and miss, and flat floors may not be the way to go, I've yet to try one without, but Lionheart's didn't have a wing and it was faster by a few tenths than a more comfortable car so I shall see soon enough.

My disclaimer...
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**
I tested these bad boys in a random order for 2 sets of 5 laps. Fastest times listed, and I will admit, that some times could have been a little quicker, but I was unable to put the entire lap together. ie up a couple of tenths in the first section, only to lose it in the 2nd or 3rd on that particular lap.

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Otaliema
Snug on entry which lead to other issues throughout the corner, mainly power oversteer on exit. Looked cool, but killed my speed. Changed my arc down into the corner, with a little help of hand brake, and the rest of the corner worked itself out and was able to run a pretty respectable time.
Lap Time: 1:24.345
DC Score: 8.5

Bowtie-muscle
Good tune with a high level of comfort, except for the wheelie on the backstretch! Tapping the throttle coming out of 2nd gear corners helped keep the back in check since I can't short shift in automatic.
Lap Time: 1:24.276

Ridox2JZGTE
Not bad for a replica! Good entry with snug from center off and a snappy rear right at the very end. That's ok, it just reminds you that you are driving a Viper. A little adjustment on the LSD for my driving style and I would be more than happy with this tune.
Lap Time: 1:25.272
DC Score: 8.0

brian wolf
Good response on turn in with understeer from mid through exit and can snap at you just as you thought the corner was finished.
Lap Time: 1:24.382

Lionheart2113
Since this is my tune, I'll just list what I don't like about it. 2nd gear corners can catch you out, the back end is never consistent, and I probably should have added more mph for the backstretch.
Lap Time: 1:23.829

shaunm80
I ran this with TCS @ 0 and I got a better time, so I'll list the better one for the scoring. Biggest issue was rolling over onto the outside front on entry and then would drag the inside rear on exit. Not having the flat floor made it more difficult to control, and that's fair enough.
Lap Time: 1:27.030
DC Score: 6.5

Dolhaus
Solid tune. Typical snug on center and loose off, but it did have great response on turn in. Just never seemed to be able to put the power down smoothly to sling it around the track.
Lap Time: 1:25.561

Gino Caberlin
The rear end had sooo much grip that it just pushed the front end around. Just a little too difficult to get to turn. I wore out my e-brake button with this one trying to bring down the time.
Lap Time: 1:25.940
DC Score: 7.0

krenkme
This car loved to get any of the 4 wheels off the ground at any chance. Large amounts of oversteer during braking and sudden left to right movements. Some sections felt like being on ice. With all of that being said, it was fun to drive! So much concentration was needed, I don't think I blinked the entire time. And it did kill me on a few occasions...typical!!!
Lap Time: 1:26.655

787bcgr
Wicked oversteer! Anytime you thought about giving it throttle, it was halfway gone. Reminded me of my hyper dog on the end of his leash and he spotted a cat across the field. It wants to go!!!! Not being able to give it full throttle hurt, short shifting might help. But even though the rear lacked grip, the front had enough and was decent to drive on corner entry.
Lap Time: 1:25.270
DC Score: 7.5

MrGrado
This one has me a little confused. From the last chicane up through the 1st section, nothing could touch this tune. It was amazingly easy to point the car and it went. I felt like a dwarf among midgets, nothing but confidence. From the first tunnel turn on, it was a different story. It was tight through the center and pretty snappy loose on exit, more so on the lower speed corners. Going from the video, I think MrGrado doesn't use 1st or 2nd gear and unfortunately I was forced to.

xande1959
This is the tune to beat boys and girls. This car did what you asked it to, except for the extremely long wheelie on the backstretch! If you hit your marks, I strongly believe we have our winner...if you don't, this car will skate around on top of the track and hurt you. Classic risk vs. reward. Nicely done!
Lap Time: 1:23.739
DC Score: 9.5

oppositelock
I liked this tune, it was a bit snug going through the center, but nothing drastic. The only bad thing for me was trusting the rear end, it had a tendency to give a snappy loose exit when you weren't expecting it. Should have gotten under 1:24.000, but ran out of laps.
Lap Time: 1:24.060
DC Score: 9.0

Motor City Hami
The first set of laps, I was struggling with this tune. It had understeer and the front felt a little weird. Then I'd like to think I figured it out. This car does not like to be held down in the turns with my driving style. On the wider turns, I moved my line up 1-1/2 lanes and this car came to life. With more confidence through the center and a great launch out of the turn, I saw the lap times drop.
Lap Time: 1:24.487

DaBomm4
Tight on entry and loose on exit. Not having the flat floor really hurt my time, but the tune is not bad. It seems that any tunes without the flat floor always seemed to dance about on top of the track and never really got down into it.
Lap Time: 1:26.747

I wanted to thank the tuners again for their time and a thumbs up to our host @Otaliema for putting this together.
I'm wondering if there should be a non-flat floor category...there were 3 or so tunes without and the times showed it?!?

don't count your self out yet, our drift testers have yet to take to the track :)

Otaliema
Snug on entry which lead to other issues throughout the corner, mainly power oversteer on exit. Looked cool, but killed my speed. Changed my arc down into the corner, with a little help of hand brake, and the rest of the corner worked itself out and was able to run a pretty respectable time.
Thank you for the feedback, thats pretty much sums up the car in a nut shell I couldn't figure out how to get it turn well with out power oversteer. I'll be taking notes from other cars in this one see what they did.

I wanted to thank the tuners again for their time and a thumbs up to our host @Otaliema for putting this together.
I'm wondering if there should be a non-flat floor category...there were 3 or so tunes without and the times showed it?!?
I set this up a nearly free tune challenge. Set the power and weight and left pretty much everything else open so it was up to the tuners to pick what went into the cars.

We will see what happens with the times.

Last edited:
@Lionheart2113 Nicely done! Another 1:24.3xx! I`m spotting a pattern here.........:cheers:
Testers this is public service reminder to check your GT Auto parts, aero kits and wheel size make sure they match up to the tune. If you think you may have tested with an extra part on a car go take it for a spin again just to check.
I`ve built each tune individually to avoid this. Got them all lined up ready to go!:)

My disclaimer...
**I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself.**
I tested these bad boys in a random order for 2 sets of 5 laps. Fastest times listed, and I will admit, that some times could have been a little quicker, but I was unable to put the entire lap together. ie up a couple of tenths in the first section, only to lose it in the 2nd or 3rd on that particular lap.

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

Otaliema

Bowtie-muscle
Good tune with a high level of comfort, except for the wheelie on the backstretch! Tapping the throttle coming out of 2nd gear corners helped keep the back in check since I can't short shift in automatic.
Lap Time: 1:24.276

Ridox2JZGTE
Not bad for a replica! Good entry with snug from center off and a snappy rear right at the very end. That's ok, it just reminds you that you are driving a Viper. A little adjustment on the LSD for my driving style and I would be more than happy with this tune.
Lap Time: 1:25.272

brian wolf
Good response on turn in with understeer from mid through exit and can snap at you just as you thought the corner was finished.
Lap Time: 1:24.382

Lionheart2113
Since this is my tune, I'll just list what I don't like about it. 2nd gear corners can catch you out, the back end is never consistent, and I probably should have added more mph for the backstretch.
Lap Time: 1:23.829

shaunm80
I ran this with TCS @ 0 and I got a better time, so I'll list the better one for the scoring. Biggest issue was rolling over onto the outside front on entry and then would drag the inside rear on exit. Not having the flat floor made it more difficult to control, and that's fair enough.
Lap Time: 1:27.030
DC Score: 6.5

Dolhaus
Solid tune. Typical snug on center and loose off, but it did have great response on turn in. Just never seemed to be able to put the power down smoothly to sling it around the track.

Gino Caberlin
The rear end had sooo much grip that it just pushed the front end around. Just a little too difficult to get to turn. I wore out my e-brake button with this one trying to bring down the time.

krenkme
This car loved to get any of the 4 wheels off the ground at any chance. Large amounts of oversteer during braking and sudden left to right movements. Some sections felt like being on ice. With all of that being said, it was fun to drive! So much concentration was needed, I don't think I blinked the entire time. And it did kill me on a few occasions...typical!!!
Lap Time: 1:26.655

787bcgr
Wicked oversteer! Anytime you thought about giving it throttle, it was halfway gone. Reminded me of my hyper dog on the end of his leash and he spotted a cat across the field. It wants to go!!!! Not being able to give it full throttle hurt, short shifting might help. But even though the rear lacked grip, the front had enough and was decent to drive on corner entry.
Lap Time: 1:25.270

MrGrado
This one has me a little confused. From the last chicane up through the 1st section, nothing could touch this tune. It was amazingly easy to point the car and it went. I felt like a dwarf among midgets, nothing but confidence. From the first tunnel turn on, it was a different story. It was tight through the center and pretty snappy loose on exit, more so on the lower speed corners. Going from the video, I think MrGrado doesn't use 1st or 2nd gear and unfortunately I was forced to.

xande1959
This is the tune to beat boys and girls. This car did what you asked it to, except for the extremely long wheelie on the backstretch! If you hit your marks, I strongly believe we have our winner...if you don't, this car will skate around on top of the track and hurt you. Classic risk vs. reward. Nicely done!
Lap Time: 1:23.739
DC Score: 9.5

oppositelock
I liked this tune, it was a bit snug going through the center, but nothing drastic. The only bad thing for me was trusting the rear end, it had a tendency to give a snappy loose exit when you weren't expecting it. Should have gotten under 1:24.000, but ran out of laps.
Lap Time: 1:24.060
DC Score: 9.0

Motor City Hami
The first set of laps, I was struggling with this tune. It had understeer and the front felt a little weird. Then I'd like to think I figured it out. This car does not like to be held down in the turns with my driving style. On the wider turns, I moved my line up 1-1/2 lanes and this car came to life. With more confidence through the center and a great launch out of the turn, I saw the lap times drop.
Lap Time: 1:24.487

DaBomm4
Tight on entry and loose on exit. Not having the flat floor really hurt my time, but the tune is not bad. It seems that any tunes without the flat floor always seemed to dance about on top of the track and never really got down into it.
Lap Time: 1:26.747

Thank you sir:tup: for a good review......and making me faster than @brian wolf.....for 1 test anyway:dopey:......looks like you might break your trend of finishing third but it is still early.
And if I did not properly thank @iainoflo85 thank you also:cheers:

Thank you sir:tup: for a good review......and making me faster than @brian wolf.....for 1 test anyway:dopey:......looks like you might break your trend of finishing third but it is still early.
And if I did not properly thank @iainoflo85 thank you also:cheers:
@iainoflo85 is right, it's remarkable how close yours and @brian wolf handle even though they are different tunes.

Dolhaus
Thank you for the review.:cheers:
I think the car won't suit grip drivers that much as it likes to slide, the trick is to trust the slide and go with it rather than trying to make it behave. Its a bit of a white knuckle ride and I'd never use the car for anything except time attacks as you only need to get it a bit wrong and you're facing back the way you came lol

I think the car won't suit grip drivers that much as it likes to slide, the trick is to trust the slide and go with it rather than trying to make it behave. Its a bit of a white knuckle ride and I'd never use the car for anything except time attacks as you only need to get it a bit wrong and you're facing back the way you came lol
I couldn't agree more! I just wish I was more of a drifter because that's exactly what this car wants.

I couldn't agree more! I just wish I was more of a drifter because that's exactly what this car wants.

I cannot drift with a controller (well I can get points in the right car and tune) but I certainly wouldn't attempt it with my wheel, so it's interesting what Dol says about trust - I certainly found that to be accurate.

No, I don't think it would be a good car for racing.

The key is being able to recognise when the slide is actually becoming a problem and knowing when to keep your foot down (99% of the time the answer is less thinking, more gas!) :lol:

No, I don't think it would be a good car for racing.
It would certainly make you difficult to overtake thanks to the constant smokescreen :lol:

@brian wolf did you install a flat floor on your car? I don't see it on the tune and the way the car is driving is not consistent with the reviews from the other testers reviews.

The key is being able to recognise when the slide is actually becoming a problem and knowing when to keep your foot down (99% of the time the answer is less thinking, more gas!) :lol:

It would certainly make you difficult to overtake thanks to the constant smokescreen :lol:
Ah, the Jeremy Clarkson " More power" approach. But that makes sense because I spent a lot of time trying to put a leash on it rather than just letting it slide on and correct itself. Will have to practice more with that cuz it's not fair that my lack of driving ability, in certain areas, could effect the results.:ouch:

Back