FITT challenge. Viper Strike Closed Congratulations to Lap; Lionheart2113 & Drivers choice Xande1959

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 425 comments
@brian wolf the IFG is correct it's first gear that's wrong leave as stock setting it's not needed with the tune. I think it's 3.xxx not 5.xxx
Also if your using mph go up one click on the TS slider that should solve the issue

Last edited:
I'm going to rebuild the gear box with a km/h that works in mph as well. Going to 190mph will get you the values but may result in a gear box that doesn't work right. I'll start on it tonight after my kids crash and update it once completed.

I'm going to rebuild the gear box with a km/h that works in mph as well. Going to 190mph will get you the values but may result in a gear box that doesn't work right. I'll start on it tonight after my kids crash and update it once completed.
Do the base values change depending on mph/kph?? I would have assumed both would be the same

Do the base values change depending on mph/kph?? I would have assumed both would be the same
Unless the conversion is less than 1 mph or 2 km/h the values change on the range for gearing at 300 km/h it's 186.87 mph so they have to switch to 190 mph to get second and first gears correct. At 290 km/h it's 180.6 mph which will give the values close enough to be used.
Once I finish the tuning sheet for speed and torque conversions I'm going to see if I can figure out the final gear differnce for mph and kmh so that we just change the final gear to get the correct values.

Unless the conversion is less than 1 mph or 2 km/h the values change on the range for gearing at 300 km/h it's 186.87 mph so they have to switch to 190 mph to get second and first gears correct. At 290 km/h it's 180.6 mph which will give the values close enough to be used.
Once I finish the tuning sheet for speed and torque conversions I'm going to see if I can figure out the final gear differnce for mph and kmh so that we just change the final gear to get the correct values.
How odd, I always thought the presets were just that. They've never been entirely accurate in terms of true top speed so I figured 200mph/321kph would just be re-labled rather to fit the scale than a different set of figures.

What do you mean by the effectiveness of some settings?

Some things feel watered down to me. The ride height glitch seems less effective in 1.09. ARBs also provided little change between 1 and 7. A wider range of springs produce similar lap times. And, camber seems to produce a closer gap between 0 and 5. My opinion is that camber is still broken, but there is less drop off with increased camber.

LSD still seems super important and dampers continue to provide noticeable handling differences. If people are still using just one click higher extension than compression, that may not be far enough for most tunes. I have about ten tunes in the works for 1.09 and am seeing damper settings like these: DC 2/7, DE 7/5 or DC 1/3, DE 9/3 or DC 2/7, DE 9/2.

I've been noticing that min or max settings seem to have negative impact on the cars now.
It's almost enough to just leave the springs alone tune the dampers toe and LSD and tweak the ride height to improve handling if needed. Seems more broken now than it was before.
But at least now we can use camber to improve somthing on the car make them less twitchy, improve back end rotation etc.

I had not noticed that large damper differences where working better I'll have to look at that on some of my problem cars. Thanks for the tip @Motor City Hami

SRT Viper GTS '13
628PP, 750HP, 1300kg

14641098625_18a678da6d.jpg

This tune was built for the FITT Viper Strike Tuning Challenge at Trial Mountain Circuit
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-16#post-9871069

A note to the test drivers: If you are not man enough to stand on the gas from apex to exit with this 750 hp tune, then please, promptly turn in the keys along with your man card and enter racing retirement. Thank you.

@Motor City Hami I don`t have Spirited Green so I`ve painted your car Appletree Green. It still gives black stripes so it shouldn`t affect performance too much!:P

There has to be a green closer to the picture of the Viper snake that I found. Before I put the photos of the snake and the car side by side in my garage, I thought they were close. I think I need to find a non-metallic green that is closer.

There has to be a green closer to the picture of the Viper snake that I found. Before I put the photos of the snake and the car side by side in my garage, I thought they were close. I think I need to find a non-metallic green that is closer.
Sublime is pretty close. Cheapest car with it I could find is Challenger R/T `70 at 75,000 tho!
edit : Still gives black stripes!!👍

Have you tried the lancia stratos green?

Lime Light is closer than Sublime I think. Its 42,440 and you get a free Superbird with it! (and the all important black stripes!)👍

@Motor City Hami ill get you loaded into the list later today.

Due to amount of work to add a tuner to the spreadsheet I'm going hold off updateing the sheet till after the close of tuning so I can do it all in one go.
I knew a good tuner like Hami would find the time to enter this challenge. Posted it around 3am his time....that's dedication! Looking forward to testing...

Edit:
Bring back gift paints...I've got a few greens that I'd be more than happy to give thanks to the Anniv. Edition.

Last edited:
:):);)
I knew a good tuner like Hami would find the time to enter this challenge. Posted it around 3am his time....that's dedication! Looking forward to testing...

Edit:
Bring back gift paints...I've got a few greens that I'd be more than happy to give thanks to the Anniv. Edition.

The funny thing is that I got so into the XBow tune that I spent two hours tuning that and got tired after only spending one hour on the Viper. The XBow tune was expected to be a 30 minute quick tune but it drove so poorly that I refused to let it beat me.

You guys are running some really quick times with the Viper. I must have the slower PS3. :)

:):);)

The funny thing is that I got so into the XBow tune that I spent two hours tuning that and got tired after only spending one hour on the Viper. The XBow tune was expected to be a 30 minute quick tune but it drove so poorly that I refused to let it beat me.

You guys are running some really quick times with the Viper. I must have the slower PS3. :)
It amazes me how quickly you guys can tune a car. I think I spent a good 6-7 hours on my Viper tune.:bowdown:

Finally a good tuner :lol::dopey:

It amazes me how quickly you guys can tune a car. I think I spent a good 6-7 hours on my Viper tune.:bowdown:

30min. Tune for me :dunce:

And it appears I'm like 20-30pp points behind everyone...but my HP and weight is the same...I'm interested to see what I got going here :dopey:

The submitted tune I put in was total about 1.5. hours for me total tuning time trying different things etc was about 25 hours, kids slept good this week in the mornings :)

A good run would have at least 42s 1st sector and reaching 260+kmh at the end of the straight out of the tunnel :) This is on my 618PP Viper GT3R replica :P

Yeah got hung, reopened the browser and saw bing bang boom triple post ahhh crap.
It happens thank you for clearing up the extras :).

Looks like I may not have time to rebuild or even tweak the gear box, World Cup finals my wife is glued to the tv and cancled her plans to go into work today lol. If I get insomnia I'll fix it other wise I'll just put a comment on how to set up first and second gears on Monday.

Back