FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
Working on it. 50 laps in two cars for two tracks takes time. I have one down, three to go. Real life is getting in the way but I should have it done by the end of the week, if not sooner.
Can't wait, I think I speak for everyone when I say hang in there, keep up the good work, and very interested in getting the next challenge going!👍

@Ronald6 hang in there it's aton of work. do you want access to the spread sheet I used for the STi Evo Challenge? it's set up fro two tracks already.

edit; If yes I'll make you a blank sheet so all teh formulas work coreclty some of them are pretty complex. I have a blank made but's set for one track so it's lacking some important formulas for two track testing.

The hairpin isn't the problem, it's the off camber corners like the top of the hill that make the understeer ... frustrating after a few laps.

The hairpin isn't the problem, it's the off camber corners like the top of the hill that make the understeer ... frustrating after a few laps.
Tap the breaks to load the front tires it helps a ton with under steering cars and any car with hill tops and off camber corners

That doesnt work on the veyron. Tap the breaks in a corner and understeer off the edge of the cliff. I have to be on the throttle from beginnning to end. There is no way to initiate oversteer. Even on exit overpowering the tyres won't cause oversteer, it will cause understeer.

The only way to get oversteer is circumstantial. It has to be induced by the corner, not the driver.

The veyron behaves like an old American muscle car. Fast in a straight line. Horrible in any corner.

That doesnt work on the veyron. Tap the breaks in a corner and understeer off the edge of the cliff. I have to be on the throttle from beginnning to end. There is no way to initiate oversteer. Even on exit overpowering the tyres won't cause oversteer, it will cause understeer.

The only way to get oversteer is circumstantial. It has to be induced by the corner, not the driver.

The veyron behaves like an old American muscle car. Fast in a straight line. Horrible in any corner.
Ahh so just as bad as gt5 funny that it is such a good car IRL and it's so bad in game

Ahh so just as bad as gt5 funny that it is such a good car IRL and it's so bad in game

It might be fast. It is in no way quick.

I can't imagine this car IRL can corner well. Understeer or... Understeer. Not a quick way around a track.

It might be fast. It is in no way quick.

I can't imagine this car IRL can corner well. Understeer or... Understeer. Not a quick way around a track.
So I just watched the top gear review on the Bugatti Veyron SS on the stig lap yeah I saw the under steer on the corners but still did the lap in 1:16.1 which at the time was the fastest car ever on the track.

Maybe can do somthing with it now that camber us working I'll try after I rebuilds garage

The Jaguar XKR-S '11 is less than 0.200 slower than the Fireblade at Cote d'Azur. But the Jag is 2.729 seconds faster at high speed ring. I think a better transmission will do wonders for that.

So I propose as the next FITT event: (as before with some minor changes)
David vs Goliath
The Caterham Fireblade vs the Jaguar XKR-S '11
At Cote d'Azur (Monaco) and High Speed Ring

The Caterham cannot have power upgrades but all else is allowed, max PP is 562.
The Jaguar cannot have any weight reduction but all else is allowed up to 562 PP. Engine detune 5% max.

The total time from both tracks and total Drivers Choice for both tracks will determine the winners, two for each class.

Two classes, one for Sports Hard tyres, one for Sports Soft tyres.

Tuning will be open from June 29 till July 13.
Testing will be from July 14 till July 28.

Two cars, two tracks, two weeks to tune and two to test.

Sound good?

I just did some quick transmission tuned tests at High Speed Ring on SH tires, the Jag was coming out 2.5 seconds faster. and nearly 60 km/h faster. We need a different track or it's going to a walk away with the jag.
Note a well tuned transmission will improve times by about 0.500 seconds. it's anot a deal breaker, not like suspension settings that can take 3 to 10 seconds off a lap time

Driving notes;
Fireblade I was flat out 90% of the track capping out at 233ish kmh.
XKR-S I was coasting or nominal throttle in all but one turn and was not able to go full throttle till I was totally straight. The understeer put me in the dirt mutipule times. Top speed hit 295 km/h ish.

Settings Stock everything except parts to add power to the jag to bring it up to the PP level. and a carbon hood on the fireblade to bring it in line with the PP requirements.
Tires SH.

Last edited:
Hello to all,

Can someone take my setting for a ride please and let me know what I'm doing wrong!

I would appreciate any help, guidance, advice on setting up my Nascars as I'm really struggling. I absolutely fell in love with tuning cars in GT5 especially tuning and racing Nascars. GT6 is different and since the update I've lost HP and Handling.

I've been working hard to get a solid setup for all my Nascars which I will list with setups I'm presently using. I never have had a suspension that could handle speed in corners comfortably, I pretty much have to be perfect or I'm spinning out ... as such I haven't been able to do much of any racing as I cant hold my line or stop spinning out in the turns and I like to race in clean rooms.

I certainly wont give up but don't feel like I'm making any progress whatsoever. I usually can figure out how to get a car to get up to 206mph by end of backstretch but the people I want to race with are running 208 - 210 so if I lose draft bye bye, hilarious, but seriously makes it hard to enjoy the racing when your fighting your car ... again any and all help will be much appreciated!

2011 Brian Vickers / / 2013 Jeff Gordon
Suspension / Brakes / Suspension / Brakes
78 66 / 1 1 / 60 59 / 1 1
23.50 20.50 / 22 21
2 2 / 3 2
2 2 / 3 2
7 7 / 5 5
0.0 0.0 / 0.0 0.0
0.20 0.00 / -0.20 -0.30

Transmission / Transmission
Max Speed 242 / Max Speed 162
1. 1.433 / 1. 2.171
2. 0.970 / 2. 1.522
3. 0.740 / 3. 1.154
4. 0.687 / 4. 0.977
Final Gear 5.000 / Final Gear 3.368

LSD Body / LSD Body
60/60/20 200 400 / 60/60/20 200 400

Everyone take care and continue to be blessed
Chap
ARMY OF 1 / BE ALL YOU CAN BE

Hello,

I had a quick look at your settings and they look okay!
Your toe settings may cause oversteer and your LSD initial and LSD accel of 60/60 will probably give a lot of understeer. LSD's are normally useful in low speed corners and wont help handling much on an oval (Many oval track cars use locked diffs, but they only help handling when combined with differing diameter tyres on the axle).
I didn't drive your car but I do have a set-up for the 2011 Brian Vickers car that you can try. If you like it then I can maybe do a set-up for your other car.

2011 Brian Vickers Toyota Camry.

Ride height : 80 / 80
Springs : 16.95 / 15.00
Comp : 4 / 4
Ext : 4 / 4
ARB : 4 / 4
Camb : 4 / 4
Toe : 0 / + 0.25
Brakes : 6 / 8
LSD : 10 / 8 / 10
Aero : 200 / 400

Gearing : Final to 5.000 then speed to 162 mph then,

First : 1.915
Second : 1.440
Third : 1.175
Fourth : 1.000
Final : 3.400 ? (adjust to your needs)

Good Luck !

I don´t think that camber represent a gain in lap time. Only people talking about feeling, it seems that.....
Why not a shootout with a unique neutral good car, like the S2000 around 500PP , on Autumn Ring with 10 tuners.
In this shootout the only setting available would be the suspension and LSD
5 tuners tuning the car with camber 0.0
5 tuners tuning the car with free camber value.
No offense to @Ronald6, I know you have been working hard on a "David vs Goliath" challenge but I agree with @praiano63 , and @Motor City Hami (1.09 physics thread). I think(just my opinion), that the tuning community would benefit from a camber tuning challenge. I also believe we would benefit from 2 cars. S2000 or 86/FR-S, half the tuners use camber, half 0.0 front and rear........Then, second class for MR (NSX or 111R?) and do the same thing, half with and half without camber. Pick 1 track for all cars, something like Motegi east or Silverstone International. Perhaps we can figure this physics and camber mess and then move onto @Ronald6 's shootout?

Thoughts????

No offense to @Ronald6, I know you have been working hard on a "David vs Goliath" challenge but I agree with @praiano63 , and @Motor City Hami (1.09 physics thread). I think(just my opinion), that the tuning community would benefit from a camber tuning challenge. I also believe we would benefit from 2 cars. S2000 or 86/FR-S, half the tuners use camber, half 0.0 front and rear........Then, second class for MR (NSX or 111R?) and do the same thing, half with and half without camber. Pick 1 track for all cars, something like Motegi east or Silverstone International. Perhaps we can figure this physics and camber mess and then move onto @Ronald6 's shootout?

Thoughts????
Well technicly we could run two challenges at once one with a longer time line to allow people to do both. It would be crazy chaos but it would be doable.
All though with the suggestion for a different second track for the David and Goliath challenge if @Motor City Hami or @praiano63 or someone else is willing to step up and put the challenge on quickly we Could do a seasonal challenge like the BMW one done by @DigitalBaka a few challenges back, say the intermediate one At apricot hill and just designate one or two cars to be tuned. It would give @Ronald6 some time to test another track or two

Last edited:
Well technicly we could run two challenges at once one with a longer time line to allow people to do both. It would be crazy chaos but it would be doable.
All though with the suggestion for a different second track for the David and Goliath challenge if @Motor City Hami or @praiano63 or someone else is willing to step up and put the challenge on quickly we Could do a seasonal challenge like the BMW one done by @DigitalBaka a few challenges back, say the intermediate one At apricot hill and just designate one or two cars to be tuned. It would give @Ronald6 some time to test another track or two
Not really my idea, that is why I quoted @praiano63would like his and @Motor City Hami 's thoughts.

Last edited:
I was trying to rush my DvG shootout just so everyone has something to do while we cool down between larger shootouts. I had intended mine to be smaller, less tracks, less vehicles, alot of time to tune and test.

I have no problem with a Camber Shootout. No pre testing required. It would be quick and simple like the DvG. I'm all for it. I'll keep working on finding a high speed track to match with Monaco.

👍

I have a radical idea.

1. Host selects a tune that already exists from the Advanced Tune Finder or maybe from the Tunes from the Wizzard guy.
2. Tuners recommend what changes they would make to improve the tune.
3. Test drivers compare the lap time and drivers choice against the starting tune

I think many different camber settings would naturally get posted.

Thank you for responding going to go try your settings right now and will let you know how I do ... my setting are fast but car is loose going into turn and tight in the middle/exit of turn which causes a lot of spinouts in middle of turn and oversteer on exit or car wants to go below yellow have to let off turning or will be in infield, hilarious but true!

Hello,

Your toe settings may cause oversteer and your LSD initial and LSD accel of 60/60 will probably give a lot of understeer. LSD's are normally useful in low speed corners and wont help handling much on an oval (Many oval track cars use locked diffs, but they only help handling when combined with differing diameter tyres on the axle).
I didn't drive your car but I do have a set-up for the 2011 Brian Vickers car that you can try. If you like it then I can maybe do a set-up for your other car.

Good Luck !

From reading your first sentence it sounded like you were nominating yourself as host for the next challenge....glutton for punishment are ya?:lol: Didn't get your fill from the last one, huh? Seriously though, I had to read it twice!:sly:

I have a radical idea.

1. Host selects a tune that already exists from the Advanced Tune Finder or maybe from the Tunes from the Wizzard guy.
2. Tuners recommend what changes they would make to improve the tune.
3. Test drivers compare the lap time and drivers choice against the starting tune

I think many different camber settings would naturally get posted.
How many updates would be allowed for that? Sounds intriguing could be fun to tweak a tune that already exists.

Just had to take the camber to 0 front and back and road like a champ everywhere going online now to give it a whirl but looking good mate ... thanks jules283 ... wicked tune my man!!!

I have a 2013 Jeff Gordon and 2013 Kyle Busch and 2013 Carl Edwards looking for a wicked Tune Jules283 ... you can Tune anything I drive!

Hello,

Good Luck !

Just had to take the camber to 0 front and back and road like a champ everywhere going online now to give it a whirl but looking good mate ... thanks jules283 ... wicked tune my man!!!

I have a 2013 Jeff Gordon and 2013 Kyle Busch and 2013 Carl Edwards looking for a wicked Tune Jules283 ... you can Tune anything I drive!

Hi
Glad you like the tune. I tried same settings on the 2013 Jeff Gordon car and they worked !
I had some afterthoughts :-
1) For more grip increase aero whilst keeping ratio the same. So 200/400 , 250/500 , 300/600 , etc.
2) You may find a gain in top speed by lowering the ride height (equal amounts front and rear).

Good Luck !

Back