FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
Could make it interesting and run it on a 50% wet track, or do a snow track iirc the RX-7 can fit snow tires.
50% is bit much, but SH 5-15% wet would make it interesting.

Snow compo makes one bad for testing, if you're driving DS3 tune on wheel at snow you may encounter really crazy FFB. I have tried few DS snow tunes with G27 and directly had to stop driving because of rattling effect on wheel, tune might be good on snow in many ways, but your hands or wheel won't last many laps with it.

Things what would make more interest on tuning is restricting i.e. springs available, to only full K values to use, makes other tuning areas more interesting. (4-5-6-7-8k-etc)

50% is bit much, but SH 5-15% wet would make it interesting.

Comfort tires on 20-30% wet track is pretty fun :)

Ahh come on. 50% on SM get some good hammer spins going.
But seriously 50% on CS is good fun, takes skill to tune it to not be a spinning monster and at least for me is good fun driving it as you need to pay attention enough keep it interesting but not frustrating.

But seriously 50% on CS is good fun
CS handle rainstorm up to 100% wet.

But back to idea, 5-15% SH makes surface only slightly slippery, tuning/driving is still giving lot of feedback to use for solving car behaviour,
I'm not against Comfort series, but those would give headache to many.

@Motor City Hami, would you build event from these ideas?

But back to idea, 5-15% SH makes surface only slightly slippery, tuning/driving is still giving lot of feedback to use for solving car behaviour,
That's basically the equivalent of going down a tire level. Anything less than 30% water can be replicated by downgrading tires. I think it's 8-10% water to cause the same effect as downgrading tires one level.
There is a gain when going from SH to CS due to better water removal by the tire.

Rain racing isn't modeled very well in GT6. The grip seem consistent all the way across the track surface and for anyone who has raced in the rain in real life, they'll know how much grip changes across the dry line to the wet line. It's pretty much a series of point the car in a good direction, slide it across the areas of dry line that you must cross and catch it on the other side in the wet line. There doesn't seem to be much of a wet line in GT6.

Forza 6 made an attempt at rain, but they just placed puddles in different places on the track that will make you hydroplane if hit. The AI can't seem to avoid them. The puddles don't get bigger or smaller based on the degree of rain and there doesn't seem to be a significant grip difference between rain lines and wet lines.

I don't know if any game has modeled rain very closely to real life?

Rain racing isn't modeled very well in GT6. The grip seem consistent all the way across the track surface and for anyone who has raced in the rain in real life, they'll know how much grip changes across the dry line to the wet line. It's pretty much a series of point the car in a good direction, slide it across the areas of dry line that you must cross and catch it on the other side in the wet line. There doesn't seem to be much of a wet line in GT6.
Not well, true, but there's difference on grip on driving line and outside of it, sad at it's "static line" most tracks same as darker tire marks are visible, and/or same as "driving line"-aid will show.
So chasing opponent outside of that "driving line"isn't helping, his car won't clear road for you.
Points to PD for even trying to give differences on track surface grips on water, but static is static.

Not well, true, but there's difference on grip on driving line and outside of it, sad at it's "static line" most tracks same as darker tire marks are visible, and/or same as "driving line"-aid will show.
So chasing opponent outside of that "driving line"isn't helping, his car won't clear road for you.
Points to PD for even trying to give differences on track surface grips on water, but static is static.

Have you experienced faster lap times in GT6 using a rain line in the wet?

Have you experienced faster lap times in GT6 using a rain line in the wet?
Yes, online rain races specially when using not rain tires, braking and acceleration is way easier on driving line. Our races were noABS races, so braking truly makes a lot on race, significant difference on "line" and outside.

Yes, online rain races specially when using not rain tires, braking and acceleration is way easier on driving line. Our races were noABS races, so braking truly makes a lot on race, significant difference on "line" and outside.

I think I am losing something in language translation. Are you saying you are faster on the in-game driving line in the rain or on a wet line (crossing over the dry line, like the blue line shows below). And it only works with non-rain tires? I'm not understanding what you meant?

wet_dry2.jpg

I think I am losing something in language translation. Are you saying you are faster on the in-game driving line in the rain or on a wet line (crossing over the dry line, like the blue line shows below). And it only works with non-rain tires? I'm not understanding what you meant?

wet_dry2.jpg
Hmm..
Driving on "dry"line with non-wet tires is fastest on GT6.
If using wet tires can't give you accurate answer, not used those so often, something was with them too. Maybe they work outside "dry"line better, going to check/test those later, not today.

Hmm..
Driving on "dry"line with non-wet tires is fastest on GT6.
If using wet tires can't give you accurate answer, not used those so often, something was with them too. Maybe they work outside "dry"line better, going to check/test those later, not today.

Well, if PD had programmed a wet line, wouldn't it seem that the driving line would change to a "wet line" driving line? That would have been really cool.

Tommy Kendall - Rain Line

If I can add my opinion here.

I've used all the tyres in the wet on both road cars & racing cars and, I haven't found the slightest of differences between a wet or dry line.
Therefore, I find if they say the track is ?% wet, that means the whole racing surface from edge to edge.

If I can add my opinion here.

I've used all the tyres in the wet on both road cars & racing cars and, I haven't found the slightest of differences between a wet or dry line.
Therefore, I find if they say the track is ?% wet, that means the whole racing surface from edge to edge.
Online or offline? Which version of game?

Just "started" testing and offline is just plain surface, doesn't actually change a lot even on grip. Online and water makes lot of difference.
My test car wasn't best to solve earlier questions (BTR 566pp/666hp/36:64wd/SS/noABS) but tells answer for online vs offline wet track, 30% on both (weather 0, fixed, 30% wet surface) and offline had to look outside view to believe at there's water on track, online it was wet, and truly felt like it.

Gonna dig other car for deeper tests considering "driving line", darker area on road, and driving outside of it with wet tires.

Edit: tested more, 100% wet online heavy wet tires, enabled "driving line"-aid, tried to drive along it, impossible mission, so freaking slippery, tried to drive on side of it, piece of cake, wet effecting driving but not hard, on "driving line" it was like oiled ice.

So answer is, yes PD has something on it, what is turning point percentage on surface water when leave driving line and when stay there.. Well probably depends tire compound..

Last edited:
So answer is, yes PD has something on it, what is turning point percentage on surface water when leave driving line and when stay there.. Well probably depends tire compound..

In real life at Mid-Ohio, my lap times in the Miata are 8-10 seconds different between rain line in the wet vs. dry line in the wet. Rain line is much, much faster. Just curious, how different were the lap times in your test?

In real life at Mid-Ohio, my lap times in the Miata are 8-10 seconds different between rain line in the wet vs. dry line in the wet. Rain line is much, much faster. Just curious, how different were the lap times in your test?
Those were just effect search tests, on Nordschleife, DNF if trying on suggested "driving line"..
Could do some time laps on shorter track later :)

Online or offline? Which version of game?

Just "started" testing and offline is just plain surface, doesn't actually change a lot even on grip. Online and water makes lot of difference.
My test car wasn't best to solve earlier questions (BTR 566pp/666hp/36:64wd/SS/noABS) but tells answer for online vs offline wet track, 30% on both (weather 0, fixed, 30% wet surface) and offline had to look outside view to believe at there's water on track, online it was wet, and truly felt like it.

Gonna dig other car for deeper tests considering "driving line", darker area on road, and driving outside of it with wet tires.

Edit: tested more, 100% wet online heavy wet tires, enabled "driving line"-aid, tried to drive along it, impossible mission, so freaking slippery, tried to drive on side of it, piece of cake, wet effecting driving but not hard, on "driving line" it was like oiled ice.

My results are strictly for offline & for every track I've used with wet weather.
If that's not all of them with that option, I'll be amazed.

For those that don't know already, I'm still restricted to offline only.

My results are strictly for offline & for every track I've used with wet weather.
If that's not all of them with that option, I'll be amazed.

For those that don't know already, I'm still restricted to offline only.
For PD supplied yes that's all of them.
Player made we can't count as there are hundreds of thousands of them. (Maybe slightly exaggerated)
Over all the wet feel. Is just like slapping on harder tires in GT. But it makes it interesting imo as you can tune for it easier. But its harder to drive.

93f8nB4sD6jGTxaVm_0.jpg

From Drifter to Gripper
AEM S2000 SEMA

547pp/472hp/1155kg/comfort Soft
Autumn Ring
FITT Compo proposal​

Simple challenge, tune ready Drifter to Gripper. Car has adjustable wings on both ends and huge amount of grip on stock, you just have to set that grip to suit grip styled driving instead of drifting.
Challenge isn't Comfort Soft tyres, those are giving good grip, challenge comes on spring rates, front range is 10.82-21.21kgf/mm and rear rates 14.08-26.99kgf/mm, you have to suit your suspension to those rates, possible l say (tested car 10km), but makes it bit challenge.

Regulations:
No oil
No rigidity
Stock size wheels
Comfort Soft tires
No ballast
Racing Exhaust installation - mandatory
No limiter allowed
Track Autumn Ring / weather - time and weather at stock
Grip reduction real
ABS 1 only allowed aid.
PP, Power & weight has to be as on above info.

Go and buy this car and check, it's not so bad as you might think about those comfort softs.

So who's in?

Ps.Sports Hard tires would make this way too easy, comfort tires are gripping already so much, tested also sports hard tires but those were unnecessary add-ons.

Back