FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

  • Thread starter Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
  • 226,613 views
Now that my event is only a week or so away from being completed, I thought it would be a good time to say that I would very much like to host another event in 2 months time. I have an event already designed and put my idea to well respected FITT members for quality control purposes.

The event I have designed is a multi-class, multi-car event using RUF cars (all five of them have been included) and I would like to kick off 2016 with the first event. The main reason for this timing is that I will not be on placement and my uni timetable should allow me sufficient time to run this event without any issues.

I hope this is agreeable with other FITT members and I can assure you that this event will be fun, challenging and using cars that will test all our tuning abilities.
 
Now that my event is only a week or so away from being completed, I thought it would be a good time to say that I would very much like to host another event in 2 months time. I have an event already designed and put my idea to well respected FITT members for quality control purposes.

The event I have designed is a multi-class, multi-car event using RUF cars (all five of them have been included) and I would like to kick off 2016 with the first event. The main reason for this timing is that I will not be on placement and my uni timetable should allow me sufficient time to run this event without any issues.

I hope this is agreeable with other FITT members and I can assure you that this event will be fun, challenging and using cars that will test all our tuning abilities.
4 classes, 5 cars to be exact. :) Something for everyone really.
Hmmm, sounds interesting Shaun. I look forward to more details.
 
Hmmm, sounds interesting Shaun. I look forward to more details.
If i give too many details away, any tuner who will be participating will have a long time to prepare for this event. As @Otaliema has mentioned already, the four classes are matched with a track which will be fun yet challenging to get right. Is it right for me to assume that the interest shown so far means I can go ahead with this idea for the first event of 2016?
 
Agreed. Sounds like it could be interesting. I'm just happy that a Yellow Bird tune is drivable compared to gt5
The Yellowbird has definitely been tamed that's for sure. It was one helluva ride around the Nordschleife in GT5, especially if you upped the power to over 550bhp.
If i give too many details away, any tuner who will be participating will have a long time to prepare for this event. As @Otaliema has mentioned already, the four classes are matched with a track which will be fun yet challenging to get right. Is it right for me to assume that the interest shown so far means I can go ahead with this idea for the first event of 2016?
I can't see any reason why not. You've got my vote :) 👍
 
The Yellowbird has definitely been tamed that's for sure. It was one helluva ride around the Nordschleife in GT5, especially if you upped the power to over 550bhp.
Yeah I was suggested to practice that car on CM-CS tires to get better. Hahaha that didn't work out to well for the little birdie
 
Yep. Hurry up! The RUF cars are great fun.
It is only fair to let someone else enjoy hosting FITT events. Just think, you will have something to look forward to in the new year :)
 
Practice what, crashing? :lol:
Nah, more like how to prepare for a corner in a whole new way, make sure you brake in a straightline, to gently offer the car to said corner, still have the rear end try and lead you out of the corner and be able to look out the windscreen at the two licorice straps you've just left that morph into four and back into two :banghead:
 
Nah, more like how to prepare for a corner in a whole new way, make sure you brake in a straightline, to gently offer the car to said corner, still have the rear end try and lead you out of the corner and be able to look out the windscreen at the two licorice straps you've just left that morph into four and back into two :banghead:
Yes, thats right. Now I remember. You were a passenger :lol:
 
Nah, more like how to prepare for a corner in a whole new way, make sure you brake in a straightline, to gently offer the car to said corner, still have the rear end try and lead you out of the corner and be able to look out the windscreen at the two licorice straps you've just left that morph into four and back into two :banghead:
Yes that's right in a high powered RR car you're a passenger as much as a driver. Maybe try driving like you have to pay the repairs, bet you get around track better
 
Yes, thats right. Now I remember. You were a passenger :lol:
Yes that's right in a high powered RR car you're a passenger as much as a driver. Maybe try driving like you have to pay the repairs, bet you get around track better
Yes indeed. You may have the wheel & pedals in front of you but still a passenger to some degree.
Prior to my first dealings with the RUF brand, I'd driven all sorts of MR cars and was used to their quirky handling traits. After driving the Porsches on steroids in GT4, I'm pretty sure I've never complained about a MR car again. RUF training took place at the Nordschleife because I believed if I could tame it there, I could drive it anywhere. Many of the early laps ended trying to reshape the guardrail at the Fuchsrohe (foxhole) and then I progressively had the lap sorted until it was completed without drama. The Yellowbird in GT6 seems rather tame by comparison.
 
How does a budget touge challenge sound to everyone?

Road car (no prototypes)
Under 30000 credits (cost of car)
450pp (can't start above)
CS tyres

Sample Andalucia ptp / user created ptp
 
How does a budget touge challenge sound to everyone?

Road car (no prototypes)
Under 30000 credits (cost of car)
450pp (can't start above)
CS tyres

Sample Andalucia ptp / user created ptp
Is there a restriction on parts or cost of parts? When you say Andalucia, you mean the 27km(ish) track right?
 
No restriction on parts aside from NOS/Oil change
The sample track is 3.43 miles
Ah okay then. that track length isn't too bad then. Sounds pretty interesting and a few sleeper cars that have been hiding away in the depths of the GT6 dealerships could be found at the same time.
 
Sounds like a reason to get out the old AE-86 and watch some Initial D.
Thats the spirit :lol:
Ah okay then. that track length isn't too bad then. Sounds pretty interesting and a few sleeper cars that have been hiding away in the depths of the GT6 dealerships could be found at the same time.
I had a look through the cars and it seems to cut out all the known overdogs but leaves a wide variety of drivetrains and options
 
@DolHaus just clear up any PP questions. 450 is the starting PP or the cap PP?
What's the power parts budget? If any?
 
I read it as starting car is 450 or less for no more than 30k and then whatever you want. On CS tire. No oil or NOS.

I hope so. Been wheeling for an hour already. Hard track. Tough touge. 2:35.476
 
Back