FITT - Federation of International Tuners and Test-Drivers

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,660 comments
Im def going to get into this. I'm completely new to tuning a car. From what I have read this would be my best bet in learning the ropes and seeing how each car handles and drives. Are there times to beat like in the time trials in the seasonal races? If so sign me up!! I am eager to learn and ready to improve my skills from a way below average tuner to a great one!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...dline-25-8-14-late-sign-ups-available.314917/
Here is the latest contest, there is room for more tuners and testers if you would like to join in.
Please be sure to read all the rules and specs first and feel free to ask any questions if you need clarification 👍

Without car sharing its kind of a pain for testers to have to buy a whole bunch of different cars, money doesn't flow as freely as it used to.

On another note, I've been thinking about putting together a "Call Out" style monthly league if anyone is interested, I need to work out the finer details but I think the general idea is solid enough.
We had something called "tuner wars" in GT5. We had a battle of Pandas, a truck war and others... I just can't find the link :dunce:

Lots of fun was had...I lost a lot (go figure) :dopey:

We had something called "tuner wars" in GT5. We had a battle of Pandas, a truck war and others... I just can't find the link :dunce:

Lots of fun was had...I lost a lot (go figure) :dopey:
Essentially, isn't the difficult car thread almost the same?

Here is how I think it might work:-

Tuners sign up on the last week of a month

Entry lasts 1 month

There will be 4 cars at set specification (PP/Tires etc.) per month

A tuner can call enter into 4 battles per month, this will be done by a "call out"

Tuners may only enter one contest at a time and must tune all 4 cars.

The two parties involved will agree on a car, time limit (< 1 week), a track and a third party to test (can be more than one person).

3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss

A draw condition can be set by tuners if desired (ie. cars must be within 0.4 secs)

Failure to produce a tune by agreed deadline is an instant loss

I would like to see more contests with a set car and a set track. It's really the best way to have an even playing field, not to mention a little easier for testers.

I wonder also, would it be possible somehow to identify the top contenders in a tuning contest in the first few days of testing, then only require the testers to complete testing of those tunes.

Maybe also the way times are averaged out among all testers could be improved. Some fast tunes have failed to finish as well as they would have done because of slow times from one or more testers.

I challenge @praiano63 on my favorite track, Silverstone, in any FR car because that is what I tune best, and pick @biffa3 and @Ronald6 as the test drivers because they seem to have similar driving styles as me. Is this fair or am I tilting things too much to my favor?

By the way, I really respect @praiano63 but it is good in racing to have that one competitor who continues to push your abilities. I have always had one of these through my racing career and praiano63 is mine in GT6.

BMX racing as a kid: Mark Santi
Running track in high school: John Wolf
Remote controlled cars in the 80's: Judd Nichols
Remote controlled cars in the 90's: Chuck Lonergan
Remote controlled cars in the 00's: Rich Chang
SCCA Honda Civic: Ed Ho then Devin Box
SCCA Miata: Ralph Provits
Gran Turismo: praiano

It is amazing that I can remember all of my toughest competitors. :nervous:

Last edited:
I challenge @praiano63 on my favorite track, Silverstone, in any FR car because that is what I tune best, and pick @biffa3 and @Ronald6 as the test drivers because they seem to have similar driving styles as me. Is this fair or am I tilting things too much to my favor?

By the way, I really respect @praiano63 but it is good in racing to have that one competitor who continues to push your abilities. I have always had one of these through my racing career and praiano63 is mine in GT6.

Hahaha :lol: it will be a honor for me,can be fun, need to be quick with shorts deadlines. Let´s do this. I don´t like competition since i´m a kid but i love to have fun and tune fast cars. I love FR cars too.
Choose your weapon. :irked:
manton-duellers-6226-cased-flat-sm.jpg

Last edited:
@praiano63 is there a FR that neither of us has tuned yet?
It would be an honour to have two of the top guys going toe to toe in the first round 👍

Would it be ok if we waited until the start of a new month? If we start in the middle of one it will make things harder to keep track of down the line, I'm also busy with the current FITT contest so I'd like to get that out of the way first if that is ok

It would be an honour to have two of the top guys going toe to toe in the first round 👍

Would it be ok if we waited until the start of a new month? If we start in the middle of one it will make things harder to keep track of down the line, I'm also busy with the current FITT contest so I'd like to get that out of the way first if that is ok

It's summer so I am playing like one day a week for two or three hours. September may be easier.

It would be a pleasure to be involved in this. Can't do the 1st week in September though as i'm away on hols, which is the reason why i've not signed up for the latest FITT contest (may be able to squeeze in one class last week of August, but have a family member in hospital that I visit during my normal GT time, so will depend on that really). Should be good after that though.

Need to be a fun technical responsive car. What about the Caterham seven fireblade `02 .... sport hard, betwen 550 and 600PP ??

Can I recommend the 91 Mercedes Evolution II for your FR car, gentlemen? I'd love a good, high quality tune for that. Or something really crazy, like the Prowler.

Can I recommend the 91 Mercedes Evolution II for your FR car, gentlemen? I'd love a good, high quality tune for that. Or something really crazy, like the Prowler.

I like that car, and I'll even test it if anyone wants to do a 'battle tune' for it, but the Caterham is my second favorite car in the game (beaten only by Ridoxs' Legacy replica) and I'd love to test for a 'battle tune' between the (supposedly) two best tuners on GTP.

Please don't take that away from me.

Putting some thought behind the @praiano63 garage vs. Motor City Tunes and it came to me that it could be fun to do three cars, each with one week to tune. Let the test drivers choose the track that we are to tune for each car. Make it as simple as fastest average lap time between @Ronald6 and @biffa3 at each track, wins the track. Best two of three takes it.

Car 1 - FR under 500 PP maybe something older on comfort soft tires
Car 2 - FR around 550 PP and a newer, popular car
Car 3 - Either a FR race car over 600 PP or even a MR like the NSX at 550 PP

I think we should do cars that PD has not totally screwed up. For example, the '05 Mustang is a total pig and not fun to tune. It will not turn, even using every trick in the book. The '10 Camaro SS is a pretty good car that can be tuned.

Thoughts?

Putting some thought behind the @praiano63 garage vs. Motor City Tunes and it came to me that it could be fun to do three cars, each with one week to tune. Let the test drivers choose the track that we are to tune for each car. Make it as simple as fastest average lap time between @Ronald6 and @biffa3 at each track, wins the track. Best two of three takes it.

Car 1 - FR under 500 PP maybe something older on comfort soft tires
Car 2 - FR around 550 PP and a newer, popular car
Car 3 - Either a FR race car over 600 PP or even a MR like the NSX at 550 PP

I think we should do cars that PD has not totally screwed up. For example, the '05 Mustang is a total pig and not fun to tune. It will not turn, even using every trick in the book. The '10 Camaro SS is a pretty good car that can be tuned.

Thoughts?
There will be 4 cars selected of various PP/Drivetrain/Age each month, if you want to use more than 1 for the basis of your duel then that is up to you.
Being that you are only competing with one other tuner this will only count as one Call Out, it will only be worth 3 points total and if you wish to collect maximum points for the month then you will still have to face 3 other challengers. You can only enter 1 contest at a time and if you spread your first duel over 3 weeks that would mean you'd have to get the other 3 done in the last week and that would be unfair on your competitors and testers.

There will be 4 cars selected of various PP/Drivetrain/Age each month, if you want to use more than 1 for the basis of your duel then that is up to you.
Being that you are only competing with one other tuner this will only count as one Call Out, it will only be worth 3 points total and if you wish to collect maximum points for the month then you will still have to face 3 other challengers. You can only enter 1 contest at a time and if you spread your first duel over 3 weeks that would mean you'd have to get the other 3 done in the last week and that would be unfair on your competitors and testers.

I just thought it would be fun to do the praiano duel. I didn't realize you were trying to plan a whole four week battle royal.

I just thought it would be fun to do the praiano duel. I didn't realize you were trying to plan a whole four week battle royal.

It might be possible if you saved your battle for the last week of the month perhaps but otherwise it will throw the rest of the order into disarray unfortunately

(general overview of contest)
Here is how I think it might work:-

Tuners sign up on the last week of a month

Entry lasts 1 month

There will be 4 cars at set specification (PP/Tires etc.) per month

A tuner can call enter into 4 battles per month, this will be done by a "call out"

Tuners may only enter one contest at a time and must tune all 4 cars.

The two parties involved will agree on a car, time limit (< 1 week), a track and a third party to test (can be more than one person).

3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss

A draw condition can be set by tuners if desired (ie. cars must be within 0.4 secs)

Failure to produce a tune by agreed deadline is an instant loss

It might be possible if you saved your battle for the last week of the month perhaps but otherwise it will throw the rest of the order into disarray unfortunately

(general overview of contest)
I say have at it anyway as a separate duel. I and I'm sure many others would love to keep an eye on it to watch you and @praiano63 go at it being regarded by most as "the best and most respected" tuners here!

I say have at it anyway as a separate duel. I and I'm sure many others would love to keep an eye on it to watch you and @praiano63 go at it being regarded by most as "the best and most respected" tuners here!
If its done separately then that's fine by me, I will not be changing the rules to suit anyone in particular as that is unfair on the rest 👍

If its done separately then that's fine by me, I will not be changing the rules to suit anyone in particular as that is unfair on the rest 👍
I totally understand, but wouldn't you love to watch them go at it and see how it turns out? I would. Nothing says it cannot be done separately from what you are doing, which sounds good to me by the way, should not interfere at all. And it will give others a leg up on them for a month.:sly:

I totally understand, but wouldn't you love to watch them go at it and see how it turns out? I would. Nothing says it cannot be done separately from what you are doing, which sounds good to me by the way, should not interfere at all. And it will give others a leg up on them for a month.:sly:
I would but I'd also like to see other people have the chance to take them on as well.
How good would you feel if you managed to take a big scalp like that or beat them on total points at the end of the month? Pretty good I bet :lol:
This would be the point of the contest, anybody can have a chance to go up against their peers in a one on one battle

I would but I'd also like to see other people have the chance to take them on as well.
How good would you feel if you managed to take a big scalp like that or beat them on total points at the end of the month? Pretty good I bet :lol:
This would be the point of the contest, anybody can have a chance to go up against their peers in a one on one battle
Agreed, but still would love see it. As far as taking them down, I'm thrilled with hanging onto their rear bumpers:D

Hello guys ,
I want to reserve one make shoutout for me here using Toyota 2000GT tiers CS on The Ring . Just till me when I can do it .

ND

Last edited:
Back