FITT-Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge - Final Results are in!

Otaliema 1.31.227 DC:8
A quick car with good turn-in followed by extra assistance from a weighty/lowered rear, depending on how hard I braked. This weighty rear did seem to create some exit understeer, and I felt that the front and rear of car were sometimes fighting each other, especially on the final turn. These characteristics hurt my consistency. At one point I was five tenths up on my best lap and then lost it all at the chicane! As with the Motor City Hami car, I felt that with a different driver this car could really fly!
Did you put the weight in the trail or the nose? Cause the tune was set up for the weight in the nose.
Great time faster than anything I put out during testing. Super consistent as well

Did you put the weight in the trail or the nose? Cause the tune was set up for the weight in the nose.
Great time faster than anything I put out during testing. Super consistent as well

I put the weight in the nose. It is the rear ride height lower than front which, for me, gives a weighty or stuck-down feeling. It is an interesting effect.

I liked all four GT24 cars. Would be nice with a few more testers in this class though!

Well if I'm feeling up to it I'll test em my self only a few cars so not allot of driving. I caught some kind if bad head cold a couple days ago.
Yah the biased ride height I felt gave a better turn in response and more stable car

Based on @Motor City Hami said about his transmission having a very tall 2nd gear, I had an idea, it turned out to be a stroke of brilliance.
Bonus testing for anyone that has tested my base model.
DO NOT CONDUCT ACTUAL TEST WITH THIS TRANSMISSION!!!
This is a feedback and fellow tuner information change and is a bonus test if anyone wants to try it
Redo the transmission as follows.
Initial final gear 2.800
Top speed 250 km/h(7 clicks up from lowest setting)
1st 4.981
2nd 2.837
3rd 2.354
4th 1.906
5th 1.617
6th 1.371
Final gear 2.500

With just this change I took over a second off my pb with this car.

I had left SRF :dunce: on from my red bull race farming, but I was still able to take half a second off the previous pb I had with this transmission

Last edited:
Based on @Motor City Hami said about his transmission having a very tall 2nd gear, I had an idea, it turned out to be a stroke of brilliance.
Bonus testing for anyone that has tested my base model.
DO NOT CONDUCT ACTUAL TEST WITH THIS TRANSMISSION!!!
This is a feedback and fellow tuner information change and is a bonus test if anyone wants to try it
Redo the transmission as follows.
Initial final gear 2.800
Top speed 250 km/h(7 clicks up from lowest setting)
1st 4.981
2nd 2.837
3rd 2.354
4th 1.906
5th 1.617
6th 1.371
Final gear 2.500

With just this change I took over a second off my pb with this car.
This is going on the 'to do' list :D

If your to do list is half as long as mine you'll get to it about June? :lol:
:lol: That & the project list, not forgetting exciting FITT challenges, like the ones run by @Bowtie-muscle & @Motor City Hami recently :bowdown:.
I haven't been around long, but it's been a whole lotta fun having something other than grinding for cash offline :banghead: 💡 :gtpflag:👍 :) :lol: :bowdown:

Last edited:
FITT Hot Hatch: Pro-Spec Series

Gemasolar_1.jpg

@Bowtie-muscle
1:31.409 DC - 7

The good news, your going to finish 4th:), the bad news, there's only 4 cars:embarrassed:
It may have been the best looking:sly:, but this tune missed the mark, don't let the time fool you. A combination of lower downforce than the rest and more wheel spin made this a tune requiring precision and a little finesse. If you missed corner entry, a 4 wheel drift followed, miss exit and it would push out. I even managed to roll it over (again:scared:). If you got it right, you could pull off a good lap, but it took work. A good effort, if you are looking for a fun, wild and challenging tune to drive, this is it. But be warned, it is not for the faint of heart. After you indulge in a large piece of humble pie:guilty:, may I suggest the following:
#1 - Read Hami's tuning guide, then drive his tune 💡
#2 - Re-read Hami's tuning guide, then drive jules283's tune:D
#3 - When you enter a "Spec" series, think twice if there is a "Pro" before Spec:dopey:

Gemasolar_4.jpg

@jules283
1:30.921 DC - 10

A fantastic tune, solid - smooth - consistent. Hard to find anything wrong with it. Wheel spin of course and very slight mid-corner push but hardly noticeable. Every lap was easy to drive and most were better than the previous. By far one of the best tunes I have ever driven 👍👍👍.

Gemasolar_2.jpg

@Motor City Hami
1:31.487 DC - 9.5

Another near flawless tune, point and shoot, it will go where you want it to. The least amount of wheel spin in the field, and slight push in the front end only when pushing too hard. The only problem I had was I never felt like I took turn 1 or the final chicane quite right. When watching replays, that seem to be where I was losing time. 👍👍

Gemasolar_3.jpg

@Otaliema
131.285 DC - 8.5

Great tune, took longer to get a hold of but when I did, it was fast. Loose on entry and when over braking, occasional on throttle understeer. On the final lap I found 2 tenths in final chicane, otherwise may have been real close to Hami's time. 👍

Edit: I did have a private conversation with Bowtie about his review and the slight harshness of it,
we're all good now:D

Last edited:

View attachment 148108

@Bowtie-muscle

The good news, your going to finish 4th:), the bad news, there's only 4 cars:embarrassed:
It may have been the best looking:sly:, but this tune missed the mark, don't let the time fool you. A combination of lower downforce than the rest and more wheel spin made this a tune requiring precision and a little finesse. If you missed corner entry, a 4 wheel drift followed, miss exit and it would push out. I even managed to roll it over (again:scared:). If you got it right, you could pull off a good lap, but it took work. A good effort, if you are looking for a fun, wild and challenging tune to drive, this is it. But be warned, it is not for the faint of heart. After you indulge in a large piece of humble pie:guilty:, may I suggest the following:
#3 - When you enter a "Spec" series, think twice if there is a "Pro" before Spec:dopey:

View attachment 148111

@jules283

A fantastic tune, solid - smooth - consistent. Hard to find anything wrong with it. Wheel spin of course and very slight mid-corner push but hardly noticeable. Every lap was easy to drive and most were better than the previous. By far one of the best tunes I have ever driven 👍👍👍.

View attachment 148113

@Motor City Hami

Another near flawless tune, point and shoot, it will go where you want it to. The least amount of wheel spin in the field, and slight push in the front end only when pushing too hard. The only problem I had was I never felt like I took turn 1 or the final chicane quite right. When watching replays, that seem to be where I was losing time. 👍👍

View attachment 148124

@Otaliema
131.285 DC - 8.5

Great tune, took longer to get a hold of but when I did, it was fast. Loose on entry and when over braking, occasional on throttle understeer. On the final lap I found 2 tenths in final chicane, otherwise may have been real close to Hami's time. 👍

Edit: I did have a private conversation with Bowtie about his review and the slight harshness of it,
Congratulations @jules283 on your Pro-Spec win. Well done 👍 :)

[EDIT]
It appears I may have been a bit early :embarrassed:.
@Motor City Hami has pipped you for the win by the smallest margin possible.

Last edited:
I'm happy my base is doing well. I've got this cold pottery much beat so I'll test em tomorrow and post another batch of times.
And talk about close times in the base model few hundredths apart on the podium

View attachment 148108

@Bowtie-muscle

View attachment 148111

@jules283

View attachment 148113

@Motor City Hami

View attachment 148124

@Otaliema
131.285 DC - 8.5

Great review!
Especially because of the images. Cool!
I feel better about my own review now!
Glad you liked the tune.
WOW! Its close in pro-spec!!

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle nice sum up on the current rankings. Just an fyi you miss tagged hammi in the driver's choice hot hatch. Got him as motor.

I'm driving the pro spec tomorrow I'll be kind I promise, I'll be honest :) I look forward to driving these tubes see what they did different to get it faster.

@Bowtie-muscle nice sum up on the current rankings. Just an fyi you miss tagged hammi in the driver's choice hot hatch. Got him as motor.

I'm driving the pro spec tomorrow I'll be kind I promise, I'll be honest :) I look forward to driving these tubes see what they did different to get it faster.
Thank you, fixed.....be gentle, after my review I think Bowtie's ego is a little sore.:sly:

List order is the same as the order posted by @Bowtie-muscle found here.

All testing done in arcade mode grip=Real ABS=1 only aid active. All cars received the same treatment for laps. 5 laps to learn the tune. 5 Laps to set a hot lap at Nürburgring GP/D. For FF cars is use the term TLOR throttle lift off rotation in place of BLOR as BLOR not as much of a factor in FF cars.

I did this testing a bit different than my normal seeing if changing the way I test helps my times and consistency for the laps. I loaded my PB from testing and chased that ghost for the tests. My DC will still based on how I feel about the car not if it could keep up or take the same lines.

As a blanket statement for the GT24 base model I don’t like this car much at all. Overpowered under weighted poorly set up by PD the lack of toe adjustment just boogles me, and I swear there is a gremlin in my car as for no reason I’ll just spin out mid track. :odd:

@Bowtie-muscle - Tune

Fastest Lap;1:33.117 Drivers Choice; 7.5

Impressions of the tune; I was pleasantly surprised by this tune, after reading other reviews of the car I was expecting to be in spins and slide constantly. It was solid, just a bit off the mark, The body roll was perfect, turn in was fantastic (sometimes a little too fantastic :banghead:) Rotation was very good the tail was doing it’s fair share of coming around the corners and not just sitting there getting dragged along as happens so often with FF cars. Overall good tune, well built. Just a bit too stiff, and little light on the front downforce.

@jules283 - Tune

Fastest Lap;1:32.640 Drivers Choice; 8.5

Impressions of the tune; In one word sturdy. The car did what I wanted when I wanted it too. I had great fun in this car I found the front end to be a little stiff for my style as I clip corners frequently so I spent allot of time on two wheels only rolled once tho. I did find the tail a little lazy on the slower corners. Understeer mid corner made getting the throttle hold more important if I got it right I would sail the corner if I was just a little off I would drift off line and have to left foot brake it to get it back on track.

@Motor City Hami - Tune

Fastest Lap;1:32.389 Drivers Choice; 9.5

Impressions of the tune; Warning bad one liner incoming. Holy BTLOR batman! Hey I warned ya :cool: This is the first FF that BLOR & TLOR actually worked reliably together in. It threw me for a loop for a few laps :lol: The tune was solid, fast and consistent. The long/tall second gear definitely helped keep the wheel spin to minimum in this car which is reflected in the time. Some understeer present at entry-mid corner but that was easily taken care of with the BTLOR that was built into this car. There was more time in this car I just couldn’t get the feeling for that downsloping hairpin and that always cost me time, given another dozen or so laps I could easily see a 1:31.xxx outta this car from me.

@Otaliema - Tune

Fastest Lap;1:32.410 Drivers Choice; 8

Impressions of the tune; It was how I remembered but after driving the other tunes and reading reviews I saw the problems, heavy feeling tail with only a little of rotation, not quite long enough transmission and the exit understeer all contributed to a reduced time in this car. The only advantage that this car had over the others was it could handle curb checking without bouncing out or flipping. It was the fastest of the lot at the end of the front straight but that added speed didn’t make up for the reduced exit speed at every corner due to the understeer.

Last edited:

All testing done in arcade mode grip=Real ABS=1 only aid active. All cars received the same treatment for laps. 5 laps to learn the tune. 5 Laps to set a hot lap at Nürburgring GP/D. For FF cars is use the term TLOR throttle lift off rotation in place of BLOR as BLOR not as much of a factor in FF cars.

I did this testing a bit different than my normal seeing if changing the way I test helps my times and consistency for the laps. I loaded my PB from testing and chased that ghost for the tests. My DC will still based on how I feel about the car not if it could keep up or take the same lines.

As a blanket statement for the GT24 base model I don’t like this car much at all. Overpowered under weighted poorly set up by PD the lack of toe adjustment just boogles me, and I swear there is a gremlin in my car as for no reason I’ll just spin out mid track. :odd:

@Bowtie-muscle - Tune

Fastest Lap;1:33.117 Drivers Choice; 6

Impressions of the tune; I was pleasantly surprised by this tune, after reading other reviews of the car I was expecting to be in spins and slide constantly. It was solid, just a bit off the mark, The body roll was perfect, turn in was fantastic (sometimes a little too fantastic :banghead:) Rotation was very good the tail was doing it’s fair share of coming around the corners and not just sitting there getting dragged along as happens so often with FF cars. Overall good tune, well built. Just a bit too stiff, and little light on the front downforce.

@jules283 - Tune

Fastest Lap;1:32.640 Drivers Choice; 8.5

Impressions of the tune; In one word sturdy. The car did what I wanted when I wanted it too. I had great fun in this car I found the front end to be a little stiff for my style as I clip corners frequently so I spent allot of time on two wheels only rolled once tho. I did find the tail a little lazy on the slower corners. Understeer mid corner made getting the throttle hold more important if I got it right I would sail the corner if I was just a little off I would drift off line and have to left foot brake it to get it back on track.

@Motor City Hami - Tune

Fastest Lap;1:32.389 Drivers Choice; 9.5

Impressions of the tune; Warning bad one liner incoming. Holy BTLOR batman! Hey I warned ya :cool: This is the first FF that BLOR & TLOR actually worked reliably together in. It threw me for a loop for a few laps :lol: The tune was solid, fast and consistent. The long/tall second gear definitely helped keep the wheel spin to minimum in this car which is reflected in the time. Some understeer present at entry-mid corner but that was easily taken care of with the BTLOR that was built into this car. There was more time in this car I just couldn’t get the feeling for that downsloping hairpin and that always cost me time, given another dozen or so laps I could easily see a 1:31.xxx outta this car from me.

@Otaliema - Tune

Fastest Lap;1:32.410 Drivers Choice; 8

Impressions of the tune; It was how I remembered but after driving the other tunes and reading reviews I saw the problems, heavy feeling tail with only a little of rotation, not quite long enough transmission and the exit understeer all contributed to a reduced time in this car. The only advantage that this car had over the others was it could handle curb checking without bouncing out or flipping. It was the fastest of the lot at the end of the front straight but that added speed didn’t make up for the reduced exit speed at every corner due to the understeer.
A 6? Really? Throwing off my average of 7! Great job and thanks for testing.

A 6? Really? Throwing off my average of 7! Great job and thanks for testing.
Doh forgot to change it prior to posting it had a minor catastrophe (ran out of yogurt)to resolve while I was reviewing the DC scores. Thought i had changed and didn't. Been fixed now

Doh forgot to change it prior to posting it had a minor catastrophe (ran out of yogurt)to resolve while I was reviewing the DC scores. Thought i had changed and didn't. Been fixed now
:lol::lol::lol: Was actually just kidding, shouldn't it actually be lowered.:lol::lol::lol:

Cannot wait to see the updated scoring!:cheers:

Last edited:
As my grandpa always told me when I failed at something, "you never learn as much from a success as you do a failure." Happened to me in the miatia challenge thought I had good tunes and found me self middle back of both packs.

So I was disappointed in my tune (obviously), just spent 5 mins looking at it and made a few quick changes. If anyone is interested in trying please do and let me know. Still loose but better entry and exit. Ran 3 laps and already 1:29.867:dunce:
Why couldn't I do this 2 weeks ago. Here's the changes

Height 70 / 60 (same)
Springs 9.50 / 14.00 (changed)
Comp 4 / 5 (changed)
Ext 7 / 6 (changed)
ARB 4 / 3 (rear changed)
Camber 0.0 / 0.0(same)
Toe fixed
Brakes 4 / 6(same)

LSD 8 / 21 / 5 (same)

Trans: Final 5.500, Top 112
1st 2.410 (changed)
2nd 1.786 (changed)
3rd 1.435 (changed)
4th 1.200 (changed)
5th 1.030 (same)
6th 0.905 (changed)
final 3.700 (same)

Downforce 150 / 120 (changed)
Ballast 30kg (same) @-40 (changed)
Power limit 89.2% (same)

This is for piece of mind only!!!! Not for testing in this shootout!!!!
Edit: May have turned SRF on:banghead::banghead::banghead: but still if someone could try and tell me if it's better I would appreciate it. :cheers:

Last edited:

Thanks for testing, Otaliema. Glad that you liked the car.

Scoring sheet updated https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akr4MBOtjOcqdG1LV0NTTU5FeFVZMHRMSFRzdEdqdXc&usp=sharing

Back