Motor City Tunes GT6

BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07
480 PP, 326 hp, 1300 kg
Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod

Fast car, not fully refined yet.

Really enjoyed driving this around Madrid. Turning was smooth and tight at all speeds. I like how each corner feels like 1 connected movement of the car as opposed to the entry, mid and exit feeling different and requiring adjusted inputs to compensate for understeer or oversteer (if that makes sense). I'm amazed at how quiet your tires are compared to my tune. After taking your tune for some laps, I got back in my tune and my tires just wouldn't shut up:lol:
My first 6 laps in your car each got faster which I thought was awesome. This would have definitely been the cream of the crop in the shootout. Nice work again 👍

Really enjoyed driving this around Madrid. Turning was smooth and tight at all speeds. I like how each corner feels like 1 connected movement of the car as opposed to the entry, mid and exit feeling different and requiring adjusted inputs to compensate for understeer or oversteer (if that makes sense). I'm amazed at how quiet your tires are compared to my tune. After taking your tune for some laps, I got back in my tune and my tires just wouldn't shut up:lol:
My first 6 laps in your car each got faster which I thought was awesome. This would have definitely been the cream of the crop in the shootout. Nice work again 👍

Thank you, by the way.

Thank you for the new tunes Sir. Very fast and controllable, stable. Mazda MX5, Chevy stingray racer concept, Mazda RX7 TC, BMW Concept 1 Series tii all amazing. Can't wait for another tunes :)

Corvette Stingray Racer Concept '59
500 PP, 395 hp, 1150 kg

Same as the '63 Corvette tune directly above this, I tuned at Silverstone then took the car to Willow Springs. I tried tuning this car in the first month that GT6 came out and absolutely hated it. Now that I have decoded more of how tuning works in GT6, I think I have fixed this car. I have no clue how I will use this car in racing events, but it has become so fun to drive that I just don't care. You must drive this car using the interior view. It looks so cool and sounds so good. Drive this car just for the pure joy of driving. There are plenty of muscle cars that are faster, but few so fun.

The car still has one bad habit that you have to be ready for. It does not like trail braking. Do most of your braking in a straight line with just a touch of trail braking at the end. It gets loose on entry as you release the brakes. I have tuned much of the condition out of the car, but over do corner entry and it will bite you.
Pit Service
Improved Body Rigidity

Installed Parts
Racing Hard Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch & Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold Standard
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Standard
Supercharger Normal
Weight Reduction Standard
Carbon Hood Standard
Window Weight Reduction Standard

Tune
Ride Height 80/77
Springs 8.00/5.00
Dampers Compression 5/3
Dampers Extension 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars 7/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.08/0.22
Brake balance 5/2
LSD 13/7/45
Power Level 98.1%
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 50:50

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Max Speed to 112 (never touch again)
1st gear 2.900
2nd gear 1.950
3rd gear 1.455
4th gear 1.175
5th gear 1.000
Final gear 3.700 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

I love both of these cars and you are right - they are a handful but boy what fun. They aren't that slow either, both can easily win the 600pp tour of America races. Anyway, I will put up with a lot for those nice engine noises. :)

Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
470 PP, 293 hp, 1175 kg

13944589154_30ba282090_z.jpg

This car was tuned for the FITT Hot Hatch Tuning Competition.

Tuning & Maintenance
Front Aero Type A
Standard Rear Wing
Paint: Spirited Green Metallic
Rims: 1 inch up OZ Racing Superforgiata
No Pit Services

Installed Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Standard Exhaust Manifold
Standard Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
No Turbo Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood Installed
Window Weight Reduction Installed

Tune
Ride Height 102/82
Springs 5.00/14.00
Dampers Compression 3/6
Dampers Extension 10/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/7
Camber 0.0/0.5
Toe -0.25/-0.18
Brake balance 4/5
LSD 11/15/7
Power Level 100.0%
Ballast 20
Ballast Position 50
Weight Distribution 52:48

Transmission
Final Gear to 6.000
Max Speed to 124 (never touch again)
1st gear 2.600
2nd gear 1.800
3rd gear 1.375
4th gear 1.120
5th gear 0.950
6th gear 0.825
Final gear 4.600 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Last edited:
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08
515 PP, 419 hp, 1170 kg

13944136925_1a2eb32f36_z.jpg

Tuning & Maintenance
Race Number: 51
No Pit Services

Installed Parts
Racing Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
Low RPM Turbo Kit

Tune
Ride Height 70/50
Springs 10.25/16.00
Dampers Compression 3/4
Dampers Extension 7/3
Anti-Roll Bars 3/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.20 (fixed)
Brake balance 5/7
LSD 12/19/5
Power Level 100.0%
Downforce 150/100
Ballast 50
Ballast Position -42

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Max Speed to 112 (never touch again)
1st gear 2.525
2nd gear 1.860
3rd gear 1.490
4th gear 1.245
5th gear 1.075
6th gear 0.950
Final gear 3.800 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Last edited:
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
470 PP, 293 hp, 1175 kg

13944589154_30ba282090_z.jpg

Tuning & Maintenance
Front Aero Type A
Standard Rear Wing
Rims: 1 inch up OZ Racing Superforgiata
No Pit Services

Installed Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Standard Exhaust Manifold
Standard Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
No Turbo Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood Installed
Window Weight Reduction Installed

Tune
Ride Height 102/82
Springs 5.00/14.00
Dampers Compression 3/6
Dampers Extension 10/4
Anti-Roll Bars 3/7
Camber 0.0/0.5
Toe -0.25/-0.18
Brake balance 4/5
LSD 11/15/7
Power Level 100.0%
Ballast 20
Ballast Position 50

Transmission
Final Gear to 6.000
Max Speed to 124 (never touch again)
1st gear 2.600
2nd gear 1.800
3rd gear 1.375
4th gear 1.120
5th gear 0.950
6th gear 0.825
Final gear 4.600 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)
I'm glad you made this tune. I decided to dust off the Scirocco this weekend as I haven't used it since the Scirocco seasonal. Your tune improved my lap times by a few seconds! I still don't like how this car feels though. I'm not saying anything bad about your tune, I just think the car feels slow all the time, even if its lap times are on par with other cars of similar pp. Cheers!

Lancer Evolution X Rally Car
579PP, 584HP, 1115kg

13683844694_08dec70f5a_z.jpg

Tested for about an hour tonight. Improved the car a bit more, but it is still an odd car. I pulled out every trick that I know to make a car rotate. I was burning the front tires off when I first started testing tonight. Now the outside front can turn red if pushing too hard, but it is at least manageable. Give it a try and let me know where it is good and where it struggles with your driving style.

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque-Distributing Center Differential
Engine Tuning Stage 3
High RPM Turbo Kit

Tune
Front Tires Racing Soft : Rear Tires Racing Medium
Ride Height 140/70 (more rotation 145/50 or less rotation 100/80)
Springs 8.50/10.00 (more rotation 7.0/10.5 or less rotation 9.0/9.0)
Dampers Compression 3/9 (more turn in steering = lower front, more exit steering = raise rear)
Dampers Extension 10/4 (more exit steering = raise front, more entry steering = lower rear)
Anti-Roll Bars 2/7 (more steering 1/7, more stability 3/5)
Camber 0.0/0.0 (I think camber is still broken, but need to test more - zero camber or adding camber all acted very similarly - camber is broken)
Toe -0.25/-0.38 (more steering = negative 50 rear, less steering = negative 15 rear)
Brake balance 4/8 (more trail braking rotation 2/10, less trail braking rotation 5/6)
LSD Front 20/5/9
LSD Rear 15/16/7
Front/Rear Torque Split 42:58 (more exit rotation 25/75, less exit rotation 40/60; nothing seemed to help entry rotation)
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 58:42
Power Level 100%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112 (never change this number past this point)
1st gear 3.100
2nd gear 2.200
3rd gear 1.740
4th gear 1.450
5th gear 1.245
6th gear 1.100
Final gear 3.550 (change this number to get the 6th gear to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Last edited:
Tested for about an hour tonight. Improved the car a bit more, but it is still an odd car. I pulled out every trick that I know to make a car rotate. I was burning the front tires off when I first started testing tonight. Now the outside front can turn red if pushing too hard, but it is at least manageable. Give it a try and let me know where it is good and where it struggles with your driving style.

579PP, 584HP, 1115kg

Pit Service
Oil Change

Installed Parts
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque-Distributing Center Differential
Engine Tuning Stage 3
High RPM Turbo Kit

Tune
Front Tires Racing Soft : Rear Tires Racing Medium
Ride Height 140/70 (more rotation 145/50 or less rotation 100/80)
Springs 8.50/10.00 (more rotation 7.0/10.5 or less rotation 9.0/9.0)
Dampers Compression 3/9 (more turn in steering = lower front, more exit steering = raise rear)
Dampers Extension 10/4 (more exit steering = raise front, more entry steering = lower rear)
Anti-Roll Bars 2/7 (more steering 1/7, more stability 3/5)
Camber 0.0/0.0 (I think camber is still broken, but need to test more - zero camber or adding camber all acted very similarly - camber is broken)
Toe -0.25/-0.38 (more steering = negative 50 rear, less steering = negative 15 rear)
Brake balance 4/8 (more trail braking rotation 2/10, less trail braking rotation 5/6)
LSD Front 20/5/9
LSD Rear 15/16/7
Front/Rear Torque Split 42:58 (more exit rotation 25/75, less exit rotation 40/60; nothing seemed to help entry rotation)
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 58:42
Power Level 100%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112 (never change this number past this point)
1st gear 3.100
2nd gear 2.200
3rd gear 1.740
4th gear 1.450
5th gear 1.245
6th gear 1.100
Final gear 3.550 (change this number to get the 6th gear to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Sweet!, always nice to see a fresh tune from you Hami. I will purchace this car and add it to the stable..... But I'm just curious, and I have to ask, any particular reason you chose this car to focus on, for a new track tune??? I dig the rally cars too but again, of all the rally cars to choose....??? and a track tune for a rally car?? I hope you appreciate the question, I am certainly not trying to question you, more interested in thought processes.
Thanks man!!

Sweet!, always nice to see a fresh tune from you Hami. I will purchace this car and add it to the stable..... But I'm just curious, and I have to ask, any particular reason you chose this car to focus on, for a new track tune??? I dig the rally cars too but again, of all the rally cars to choose....??? and a track tune for a rally car?? I hope you appreciate the question, I am certainly not trying to question you, more interested in thought processes.
Thanks man!!

It was a request sent to me in a private message. When someone asks for a tune to use for a racing series, I usually wait to post it until after their series is over.

I still have like 20 finished tunes that I have not had time to post. I need to get to that soon.

It was a request sent to me in a private message. When someone asks for a tune to use for a racing series, I usually wait to post it until after their series is over.

I still have like 20 finished tunes that I have not had time to post. I need to get to that soon.
Ahhhh, I see.
Looking forward to those tunes Hami!
Take care

579PP, 584HP, 1115kg

What track were you using?

Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model '08

14893407123_c1dba50640_z.jpg

Tuning & Maintenance
Race Number: 51
No Pit Services

Statistics
600 PP
559 hp
1100 kg
Front/Rear Weight Distribution 50:50

Tires
Racing Hard Tires

Suspension
Racing Brakes
Ride Height 60/55
Springs 14.50/16.00
Dampers Compression 3/4
Dampers Extension 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.08/0.07
Brake balance 7/5

Transmission
Add all power upgrades before tuning the transmission
Final Gear to 5.000
Max Speed to 124 (never adjust again)
1st gear 3.600
2nd gear 2.500
3rd gear 1.935
4th gear 1.575
5th gear 1.340
6th gear 0.175
Final gear 3.000 (adjust this to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Drivetrain
Fully Customizable LSD
LSD 12/10/15

Power
Power Level 83.5%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Normal Turbo Kit

Body
Downforce 400/475
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0

Last edited:
Hey @Motor City Hami, was wondering if you recommend your transmission tuning method for NASCAR on ovals? Most of the trans tunes people have shared online are different from the methods from gtplanet.

Hey @Motor City Hami, was wondering if you recommend your transmission tuning method for NASCAR on ovals? Most of the trans tunes people have shared online are different from the methods from gtplanet.

I use the same method for NASCAR. I just don't know any other way. For Road Course racing, the flip trick that I do still works very well. For Daytona where you will be in the high revs most of the time, I'm not sure that it matters much. I have seen attempts at three speed oval transmissions, but the ones I have tested were not faster.

I use the same method for NASCAR. I just don't know any other way. For Road Course racing, the flip trick that I do still works very well. For Daytona where you will be in the high revs most of the time, I'm not sure that it matters much. I have seen attempts at three speed oval transmissions, but the ones I have tested were not faster.

After work I'll give you method a try. I am tuning for Motegi. I use a 3 speed at Daytona and run low 43.7s. That trans setting was from a friend of mine.

After work I'll give you method a try. I am tuning for Motegi. I use a 3 speed at Daytona and run low 43.7s. That trans setting was from a friend of mine.

@killerjimbag is more of an expert on NASCAR than I am so if he says something different than me, I would for sure test it.

For Motegi, I would run a four speed. With the need for a downshift in turns 3 & 4, I could see a three speed lugging a little.

My trans method is all about managing 2nd gear and controlling wheel spin off the corners. This is best suited for road racing. I just haven't liked any other way for the gear box so I also used it on my NASCARs.

@killerjimbag is more of an expert on NASCAR than I am so if he says something different than me, I would for sure test it.

For Motegi, I would run a four speed. With the need for a downshift in turns 3 & 4, I could see a three speed lugging a little.

My trans method is all about managing 2nd gear and controlling wheel spin off the corners. This is best suited for road racing. I just haven't liked any other way for the gear box so I also used it on my NASCARs.

Thanks for the insight. I have raced with a beta player aka @killerjimbag. He is a good driver.

I'm running low 32.4s. Getting out ran by guys running 32.0xxs.

@Motor City Hami, once again, thanks for all of your expertise and the huge amount of time and effort you have invested in analyzing the game's physics. I thoroughly appreciate your tuning guides and advice.

I prefer to tune my cars myself from scratch rather than starting with someone else's tune so I really appreciate your troubleshooting guide. I do have one question though regarding your suggestions on how to address certain issues. I may have missed it somewhere, but could you please define what you are classifying as "slow", "medium" and "high" speed corners? What speed points are you using to classify them?

For example, I would consider any corner with a speed of 60mph or lower as slow speed since aero has minimal impact here, and anything above 110mph as a high speed corner. Are your definitions similar or different?

Thanks.

@Motor City Hami, once again, thanks for all of your expertise and the huge amount of time and effort you have invested in analyzing the game's physics. I thoroughly appreciate your tuning guides and advice.

I prefer to tune my cars myself from scratch rather than starting with someone else's tune so I really appreciate your troubleshooting guide. I do have one question though regarding your suggestions on how to address certain issues. I may have missed it somewhere, but could you please define what you are classifying as "slow", "medium" and "high" speed corners? What speed points are you using to classify them?

For example, I would consider any corner with a speed of 60mph or lower as slow speed since aero has minimal impact here, and anything above 110mph as a high speed corner. Are your definitions similar or different?

Thanks.

It isn't so much about mph. It is more about corner shape. How far do you need to rotate the car. High Speed Ring has mostly high speed corners. A track like Silverstone has many different corners.

Silverstone fast: Abby, Farm Curve, Woodcote, Chapel

Silverstone medium: Aintree, Brooklands, Corpse, Maggotts, Becketts, Stowe

Silverstone slow: Village, The Loop, Luffield, Vale, Club

http://www.marshalsguide.com/index.php/Silverstone

I'm really new to this. I need a more beginner way to navigate your garage. As. I learn more I'll know how to ask the. right questions. But I need to find tunes not comments. Ty for understanding from a frustrated beginner

I'm really new to this. I need a more beginner way to navigate your garage. As. I learn more I'll know how to ask the. right questions. But I need to find tunes not comments. Ty for understanding from a frustrated beginner

Welcome to GT Planet. Where would you like to start? What car are you working with right now and how does it handle for you?

Latest Posts

Back