FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
Testing results for the HOT Version Drivetrain challenge.
All cars tested with grip set to real and ABS set by tuner at ABS1 or ABS0, all other aids off.
All cars got the same treatment. All cars received 10 laps or what I felt was best lap I could get from the car, which ever came second.

How I set my DC scoring; I base on how the car performed versus stock set up. 1-4 worse than stock. 5 equal to stock, 6/7 just faster/better than stock. 8/9 noticeably better than stock, am probably going to keep one or more of the tunes around for on/off line play. 10 OMG great car.

Road Racers:

RE Amemiya FD3S RX7

@ImToLegitToQuit (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:30.186 DC; 9.1
TME; 1:28.920 DC 9.0
Combined; 2:59.106 DCT; 18.1 DCA; 9.05
Impressions of the tune; Safe and fast. As long as I didn’t jump on the gas this car felt like it had RH tires on it. I actually triple checked to make sure it didn’t, thats how much grip this car had on it. Normally tolegit’s tunes and I don’t get on so well, but this one was right up my alley, I could lift off through all but the tightest turns lay into the throttle the rest of the time and it stayed put. The only thing I can criticize about it, it felt a little tight in the slower turns, and the transmission was a bit long never really got into 6th gear and I noticed it dropped out of the power band 4th-6th when shifting by a few hundred rpm.
Great job sir.

@Lionheart2113 (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:30.766 DC 6.5
TME;1:29.325 DC 6.9
Combined; 3:00.091 DCT;12.4 DCA;6.7
Impressions of the tune; This car had a very defined performance window, and unfortunately it was small, I found that I only had +/- 5km/h from optimum speed to make it around corners. If I was with in that window the car was fantastic, held lines great didn’t fish tail, the rear had loads of grip. soon as I went outside that window I would push out or pull in hard and kill the lap so it made getting a good clean fast lap very hard.It was very rewarding when I did put it together, just wasn’t consistant.

@DolHaus (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:30.625 DC 8.5 / Toe as posted 1:32.535 DC 6.5
TME;1:29.232 DC 8 / Toe as posted 1:31.323 DC 6.0
Combined; 2.59.857 DCT;16.5 DCA;8.25
Impression of tune; Disclaimer I could not in good conscience, allow Dolhaus to have a error in his tune after allowing @praiano63 to correct his posted tune so I corrected the rear toe to +0.18 as stated in this post. Overall very good tune, stable at speed and in turns, just couldn’t smash the throttle or would I fish tail it. Great rotation on the car as well, But as with Lionheart’s tune it had a very defined window to work with and it was very small only +/- 2 km/h so getting a clean fast lap was very hard, but very rewarding when I did put it together. Well done sir. *per request added time for toe as posted. It would rotate very well but it was very hard to control and on throttle application I would fish more than go straight every time. With another 50 or so laps I could bring the times back down and probability lower them compared to the tow out setting.

@xande1959 (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:31.692 DC 9.0
TME;1:28.991 DC 9.5
Combined; 3:00.683 DCT;18.5 DCA;9.25
Impressions of the tune; This tune was the most odd, fast and stable FR i’ve ever driven it had this odd push to it like a 4WD has but it rotated like a MR with the stability of a FF car. Incredibly well done sir. A custom trans would have made this car a serious front front runner. Even with the lack of downforce this car stuck like glue to the track. I knew I could throw it into a corner and it would come out of it. The transmission really came back to catch up to this car at SSR5 never using 6th gear except for the very very last part of the front straight, otherwise just like at TRM it stuck to the track like it had racing tires. I did find that it was more prone to spin outs at SSR5 due to the larger number of low speed hard turns.

@Gino Caberlin RX7 (ABS 1/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here
SSR5;1:29.872 DC 9.5
TME;1:29.891 DC 7.5
Combined;2:59.763 DCT; 17 DCA;8.5
Impressions of the tune; This car at TRM was hard to control it didn’t like to keep the tail down and I lost more than very good lap on one of the hair pins. At SSR5 it was very good, it’s a great car for carrying speed, a little lift off and i would sail through the turns here, just don’’t touch the curbs! I lost more laps in the downhill left hander just before the hairpin than I care to count cause I taped the curb with a wheel and spun it. This car has a giant preformace window, I could take the same turn with the same feeling at 130 or 180 km/h. It had ok recovery if I cooked an entry or exit. Well done sir.

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04
No Tunes submitted.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR Touring Car '05

@sinof1337 (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:32.634 DC 6
TME; 1:29.848 DC 6.5
Combined;3:02.482 DCT;12.5 DCA;6.25
Impressions of the tune. Persistent understeer from entry to exit made this a difficult car to get around the track in any reasonable time. The cars balance was great, the acceleration was very good as well. It just didn’t want to turn, it wanted to go straight when on the gas and when coasting it was hesitant to turn.I think the toe settings where the culprit here. 0/0 toe with camber on a understeering car already made this car very stable but very unwilling to turn. Would have been a great drag tune.

@787bcgr (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:31.475 DC 8.1
TME;1:29.887 DC 7.6
Combined;3:01.362 DCT; 15.7 DCA; 7.85
Impressions of tune;It’s a similar tune to sin’s tune but it has turn it ability, but it has a good amount of mid-exit understeer even when the entry is gotten correctly. It was faster just. I had to take very odd lines for 4wd to make the turns and still carry speed. I loved the wagggyness of it, it’s a drifter! yes I had some fun on SSR5. Good tune, maybe swap the toe setting on the front for toe out rather than in?

@CyKosis1973 (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:31.517 DC 8.2
TME;1:29.216 DC 9.0
Combined;3:00.733 DCT;17.2 DCA;8.6
Impressions of the tune; I struggled with this car at SSR5, even though it has tons of grip it also seemed to have more understeer than it could handle, once I figured out it has a small entry window, it became much easier to drive the car and the understeer became manageable. Curiously the top speed was not that much less than 787’s car which had min downforce, not sure if that is gearing or the car, more testing required. I did find that the default 4th gear was a bit long. This cars bread and butter was Twin Ring it was a totally different animal there. It held speed and it’s line like a champ, only the first chicane was problematic and thats the driver not the car. Of all the Evo’s this car was the smoothest of them, a custom transmission would be stellar on this car.
Very nice car. Would love to go head to head online with our tunes :cheers:

@Otaliema (ABS 1/+1" Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:31.073 DC 6.7
TME;1:28.389 DC 8.7
Combined;2:59.462 DCT;15.4 DCA; 7.7
Impressions of the tune; This tune was Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde if I was doing what I supposed to for it, it was fast, very fast, and very quick to turn. If I started to do something it didn’t like it would let me know by throwing me into a wall or the grass. I found that I made the entry too important on this car. I needed to loosen up the tail and tighten the nose a bit to make this faster in the turns.

@randyrockstiff (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:31.327 DC 8.6
TME;1:28.422 DC 9.0
Combined;2:59.749 DCT; 17.6 DCA; 8.8
Impressions of the tune; Light on its feet, and quick to turn, but quicker to straighten out. it did everything I asked except pull at the apex it always pushed. Other than that, great tune. well done.

Acura NSX LM Race Car '91

@Bowtie-muscle (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Tune Here
SSR5;1:29.525 DC 8.5
TME;1:30.335 DC 8.5
Combined; 2:59.880 DCT;17 DCA;8.5
Impressions of the tune; This tune was smooth as silk and slick as butter, well if I pushed it a little hard it was slick as butter. ;) It was everything I expect from you bowtie, a consistent, easy drive, just this one was too safe, it gave nice warnings of impending doom, but I found that I hit the max limits of the car with in the first 5 laps on both tracks the hot lap was set on lap 2, O_o. If I pushed hard the car would slide past the apex or spin. I could never find that just incontrol out of control point with this car. Well done sir. Brakes great, transmission very good, overall tune very good. The transmission did have one odd quirk 2nd was too short or 3rd was too long take your pick but I found myself wanting/needing to shift half way through most turns.

@Ridox2JZGTE (ABS 0/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Tune Here
SSR5;1:32.364 DC 9.3 *bonus testing. ABS 1 1:31.578*
TME; 1:31.414 DC 9.6 *bonus test ABS1 1:29.928*
Combined;3:03.778 DCT; 18.9 DCA; 9.45
Impressions of the tune; *DC Score set based on how it drove with ABS 1 as I’m not good at ABS 0, i wanted to give the tune a fair score and not hurt it because of my inexperience with ABS 0 game play* Well balanced & responsive, it did what I asked it to and had very few surprises for me. The LeMans gearings really helped keep the tires from spinning out, I could see on RH tires this car never having issues with tire spin with this gearing. The only problem I had with this tune was braking the light front end made braking very hard to do on ABS 0. As the laps went on and got more used to ABS0 i found my self trail braking more to compensate for the longer braking windows. When I was at TRM i found this car to be fantastic braking was no issue with ABS0 the speed was high enough most of the time to allow me to smash the breaks and back off as I slowed and I found I never really locked up even on the downhill section leading to turn 1. What really slowed this car down was the gearing while fantastically spaced it was far too long 3-5 to go really fast.

@shaunm80 (ABS 1/Standard Rims)Tune Here
SSR5; 1:30.184 DC 8.4
TME; 1:29.718 DC 8.4,
Combined;3:00.302 DCT;16.8 DCA;8.4
Impressions of the tune; Not quite as smooth as some other nsx’s, but very fluid in the transitions from braking to throttle and back as long as I didn’t just mash them the car was very responsive, and this did translate into lap time improvements, It was light on its feet, and quick to turn, it has a nice warning zone before you get ditched out into a wall or the grass. Great brakes and transmission, well done sir.

@MrGrado (ABS 0/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity)Tune Here
SSR5;1:33.095 DC 7.9 *bonus testing ABS1 1:31.590*
TME;1:31.429 DC 7.5 *Bonus testing ABS1 1:29.922*
Combined;3:04.524 DCT;15.4 DCA;7.7
Impressions of the tune; What killed this car for me was the ABS 0 set with high BB it’s not something I drive so it was very hard to adapt to. I found if I locked the brakes it took letting off and slowly applying them to unlock the wheels, otherwise it would keep sliding, I would on occasion get it right on the first try and the braking distance was much much shorter even shorter than with ABS 1, so gonna need to work on that. -_-
Overall the car was balanced just very tail happy and hard to really get it going out of a turn even a twitch too much gas and I would fish tail it. Great turn and rotation, and slide recovery. In regards to the transmission, I could not match 1st and 4th gear correctly so I got as close as I could. I found 4th to be too short and 5th to be too long otherwise it was the best transmission set up of the NSX’s had the best 60-180 km/h of any of them.

*Edit corrected BB code problems and DCA numbers on a few tunes. sorry about that.
**Edit 2 corrected double link problem with tunes :odd:

Last edited:
All cars tested with grip set to real and ABS set by tuner at ABS1 or ABS0, all other aids off.
All cars got the same treatment. All cars received 10 laps or what I felt was best lap I could get from the car, which ever came second.

How I set my DC scoring; I base on how the car performed versus stock set up. 1-4 worse than stock. 5 equal to stock, 6/7 just faster/better than stock. 8/9 noticeably better than stock, am probably going to keep one or more of the tunes around for on/off line play. 10 OMG great car.

Road Racers:

RE Amemiya FD3S RX7

Combined; 2:29.106 DCT; 16.9 DCA; 8.45
Impressions of the tune; Safe and fast. As long as I didn’t jump on the gas this car felt like it had RH tires on it. I actually triple checked to make sure it didn’t, thats how much grip this car had on it. Normally tolegit’s tunes and I don’t get on so well, but this one was right up my alley, I could lift off through all but the tightest turns lay into the throttle the rest of the time and it stayed put. The only thing I can criticize about it, it felt a little tight in the slower turns, and the transmission was a bit long never really got into 6th gear and I noticed it dropped out of the power band 4th-6th when shifting by a few hundred rpm.
Great job sir.

Impressions of the tune; This car had a very defined performance window, and unfortunately it was small, I found that I only had +/- 5km/h from optimum speed to make it around corners. If I was with in that window the car was fantastic, held lines great didn’t fish tail, the rear had loads of grip. soon as I went outside that window I would push out or pull in hard and kill the lap so it made getting a good clean fast lap very hard.It was very rewarding when I did put it together, just wasn’t consistant.

SSR5;1:30.625 DC 8.5
TME;1:29.232 DC 8
Impression of tune; Disclaimer I could not in good conscience, allow Dolhaus to have a error in his tune after allowing @praiano63 to correct his posted tune so I corrected the rear toe to +0.18 as stated in this post. Overall very good tune, stable at speed and in turns, just couldn’t smash the throttle or would I fish tail it. Great rotation on the car as well, But as with Lionheart’s tune it had a very defined window to work with and it was very small only +/- 2 km/h so getting a clean fast lap was very hard, but very rewarding when I did put it together. Well done sir. *if you want me to post the times with as posted toe I will adjust times and dc score they are noticeably different*

Impressions of the tune; This tune was the most odd, fast and stable FR i’ve ever driven it had this odd push to it like a 4WD has but it rotated like a MR with the stability of a FF car. Incredibly well done sir. A custom trans would have made this car a serious front front runner. Even with the lack of downforce this car stuck like glue to the track. I knew I could throw it into a corner and it would come out of it. The transmission really came back to catch up to this car at SSR5 never using 6th gear except for the very very last part of the front straight, otherwise just like at TRM it stuck to the track like it had racing tires. I did find that it was more prone to spin outs at SSR5 due to the larger number of low speed hard turns.

Impressions of the tune; This car at TRM was hard to control it didn’t like to keep the tail down and I lost more than very good lap on one of the hair pins. At SSR5 it was very good, it’s a great car for carrying speed, a little lift off and i would sail through the turns here, just don’’t touch the curbs! I lost more laps in the downhill left hander just before the hairpin than I care to count cause I taped the curb with a wheel and spun it. This car has a giant preformace window, I could take the same turn with the same feeling at 130 or 180 km/h. It had ok recovery if I cooked an entry or exit. Well done sir.

No Tunes submitted.

Impressions of the tune. Persistent understeer from entry to exit made this a difficult car to get around the track in any reasonable time. The cars balance was great, the acceleration was very good as well. It just didn’t want to turn, it wanted to go straight when on the gas and when coasting it was hesitant to turn.I think the toe settings where the culprit here. 0/0 toe with camber on a understeering car already made this car very stable but very unwilling to turn. Would have been a great drag tune.

Impressions of tune;It’s a similar tune to sin’s tune but it has turn it ability, but it has a good amount of mid-exit understeer even when the entry is gotten correctly. It was faster just. I had to take very odd lines for 4wd to make the turns and still carry speed. I loved the wagggyness of it, it’s a drifter! yes I had some fun on SSR5. Good tune, maybe swap the toe setting on the front for toe out rather than in?

Impressions of the tune; I struggled with this car at SSR5, even though it has tons of grip it also seemed to have more understeer than it could handle, once I figured out it has a small entry window, it became much easier to drive the car and the understeer became manageable. Curiously the top speed was not that much less than 787’s car which had min downforce, not sure if that is gearing or the car, more testing required. I did find that the default 4th gear was a bit long. This cars bread and butter was Twin Ring it was a totally different animal there. It held speed and it’s line like a champ, only the first chicane was problematic and thats the driver not the car. Of all the Evo’s this car was the smoothest of them, a custom transmission would be stellar on this car.

Impressions of the tune; This tune was Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde if I was doing what I supposed to for it, it was fast, very fast, and very quick to turn. If I started to do something it didn’t like it would let me know by throwing me into a wall or the grass. I found that I made the entry too important on this car. I needed to loosen up the tail and tighten the nose a bit to make this faster in the turns.

Impressions of the tune; Light on its feet, and quick to turn, but quicker to straighten out. it did everything I asked except pull at the apex it always pushed. Other than that, great tune. well done.

Impressions of the tune; This tune was smooth as silk and slick as butter, well if I pushed it a little hard it was slick as butter. ;) It was everything I expect from you bowtie, a consistent, easy drive, just this one was too safe, it gave nice warnings of impending doom, but I found that I hit the max limits of the car with in the first 5 laps on both tracks the hot lap was set on lap 2, O_o. If I pushed hard the car would slide past the apex or spin. I could never find that just incontrol out of control point with this car. Well done sir. Brakes great, transmission very good, overall tune very good. The transmission did have one odd quirk 2nd was too short or 3rd was too long take your pick but I found myself wanting/needing to shift half way through most turns.

Impressions of the tune; *DC Score set based on how it drove with ABS 1 as I’m not good at ABS 0, i wanted to give the tune a fair score and not hurt it because of my inexperience with ABS 0 game play* Well balanced & responsive, it did what I asked it to and had very few surprises for me. The LeMans gearings really helped keep the tires from spinning out, I could see on RH tires this car never having issues with tire spin with this gearing. The only problem I had with this tune was braking the light front end made braking very hard to do on ABS 0. As the laps went on and got more used to ABS0 i found my self trail braking more to compensate for the longer braking windows. When I was at TRM i found this car to be fantastic braking was no issue with ABS0 the speed was high enough most of the time to allow me to smash the breaks and back off as I slowed and I found I never really locked up even on the downhill section leading to turn 1. What really slowed this car down was the gearing while fantastically spaced it was far too long 3-5 to go really fast.

Impressions of the tune; Not quite as smooth as some other nsx’s, but very fluid in the transitions from braking to throttle and back as long as I didn’t just mash them the car was very responsive, and this did translate into lap time improvements, It was light on its feet, and quick to turn, it has a nice warning zone before you get ditched out into a wall or the grass. Great brakes and transmission, well done sir.

Impressions of the tune; What killed this car for me was the ABS 0 set with high BB it’s not something I drive so it was very hard to adapt to. I found if I locked the brakes it took letting off and slowly applying them to unlock the wheels, otherwise it would keep sliding, I would on occasion get it right on the first try and the braking distance was much much shorter even shorter than with ABS 1, so gonna need to work on that. -_-
Overall the car was balanced just very tail happy and hard to really get it going out of a turn even a twitch too much gas and I would fish tail it. Great turn and rotation, and slide recovery. In regards to the transmission, I could not match 1st and 4th gear correctly so I got as close as I could. I found 4th to be too short and 5th to be too long otherwise it was the best transmission set up of the NSX’s had the best 60-180 km/h of any of them.

*Edit corrected BB code problems and DCA numbers on a few tunes. sorry about that.
I thinks my dca is still wrong. Right now 2 9's equal an eight :sly:

I thinks my dca is still wrong. Right now 2 9's equal an eight :sly:
Your right it does, i forgot to adjust the DCT/DCA after finishing my review of the RX-7 as a whole.
and your combined time wa wrong that was just a typo tho -_- i really need to proof read better

Road Racers:

RE Amemiya FD3S RX7

Great job sir.

Impression of tune; Disclaimer I could not in good conscience, allow Dolhaus to have a error in his tune after allowing @praiano63 to correct his posted tune so I corrected the rear toe to +0.18 as stated in this post. Overall very good tune, stable at speed and in turns, just couldn’t smash the throttle or would I fish tail it. Great rotation on the car as well, But as with Lionheart’s tune it had a very defined window to work with and it was very small only +/- 2 km/h so getting a clean fast lap was very hard, but very rewarding when I did put it together. Well done sir. *if you want me to post the times with as posted toe I will adjust times and dc score they are noticeably different*

No Tunes submitted.

Thank you for the brilliant review. Yeah the apex corner was a bit disapointing on the evo. I tended to handbrake round it which suits my driving style. First time ive entered into this competition and im very happy with the reviews that i have had and all the pointers and advice given from other tuners. Thank you all.

Road Racers:

RE Amemiya FD3S RX7

Great job sir.

No Tunes submitted.

Thank you for the review, great job :cheers:
I think I had better take the "toe as posted" results, can't say one thing and do another in the spirit of fairness 👍

*Last call for results from testers if anyone is still planning on posting please let me know.
Final results will be calculated and posted within the next 24hrs*

Well done to everyone who has participated in the contest and I hope you enjoyed the challenge :gtpflag:

Thanks for testing @Otaliema , and I do like my butter silky smooth. You really think it was too safe? Fast but safe:ouch:
If i tried I could ditch it but it didn't happen on normal driving, didnt even try to spin unless I smashed the gas before the apex of the turn. So yes I felt it was a bit safe, a little wobble is good means it's loose enough to go really fast but stable enough to get around the track.

Thank you for the review, great job :cheers:
I think I had better take the "toe as posted" results, can't say one thing and do another in the spirit of fairness 👍
Well done to everyone who has participated in the contest and I hope you enjoyed the challenge :gtpflag:
Times added to restuls and added review information about the handling difference.

Oh come on Dora the Explorer is so much better!! :) I'll get to my notes later tonight guys to write up my reviews. Great job everybody!!!
Dora *twitch twitch* nickolodean *twitch* Viacom.....i dislike viacom with a passion, they caused me more headache than any other broadcaster when I was working for tv companies.

If i tried I could ditch it but it didn't happen on normal driving, didnt even try to spin unless I smashed the gas before the apex of the turn. So yes I felt it was a bit safe, a little wobble is good means it's loose enough to go really fast but stable enough to get around the track.

Times added to restuls and added review information about the handling difference.

Dora *twitch twitch* nickolodean *twitch* Viacom.....i dislike viacom with a passion, they caused me more headache than any other broadcaster when I was working for tv companies.

So no Sponge Bob Square Pants either? :) Don't know about you man- just don't know about you!! :)

RESULTS

Im2: SSR5: 1:28.699
Motegi: 1:27.397
DC: 9.0

LIONHEART SSR5: 1.29.601
MOTEGI: 1:28.008
DC 8

DOLHAUS SSR5: 1:28.940
MOTEGI: 1:27.329
DC 9.0

XANDE SSR5: 1:29.628
MOTEGI: 1:27.336
DC 8.5

GINO SSR5 1:29.505
MOTEGI 1:27.437
DC 8.0

SIN SSR5 1:30.777
MOTEGI 1:28.263
DC 8.0

787 SSR5 1:30.232
MOTEGI 1:27.868
DC 8.0

CY SSR5 1:29.502
MOTEGI 1:27.572
DC 9.0

OTAL SSR5 1:29.639
MOTEGI 1:27.264
DC 8.5

RANDY SSR5 1:29.337
MOTEGI 1:27.407
DC 8.5

BOWTIE SSR5 1:28.498
MOTEGI 1:26.996
DC 9.5

RIDOX SSR5 1:30.431
MOTEGI 1:29.358
DC 7.0

SHAUN SSR5 1:28.847
MOTEGI 1:27.041
DC 9.0

MR. GRADO SSR5 1:31.428
MOTEGI 1:29.445
DC 7.0

Reviews

RE Amemiya FD3S RX7
@ImToLegitToQuit (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Very fast and stable. 2nd gear felt a little off to me- due to me using Automatic transmission. A bit tight on SSR5- but a super solid tune overall.
@Lionheart2113 (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Good corner rotations a bit of understeer but still manageable. Performed better at SSR5 than Motegi for me. The first half of Motegi was awesome but it struggled a bit in the 2nd half.
@DolHaus (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Even though your settings were off- this was still an awesome tune. Slower corners were a bit of trouble with understeer otherwise a very solid tune. Thank you for being an awesome Event Sponsor!!!!
@xande1959 (ABS 1/Standard Rims) Man I liked this tune but it seemed to never come back to me time wise. Seemed a bit twitchy at times- very manageable but making adjustments on the fly really hurt it. I know if I had more time to test this car I could figure it out- but 10 laps wasn’t enough time for me to figure it out.
@Gino Caberlin RX7 (ABS 1/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) At SSR5 I just couldn’t get it around the track the way I’d liked to. Pulled a few “Harvey Wallbangers” with it in the tight sections. I kinda liked this car a bit better at Motegi it performed good in the first half and OK in the 2nd half but understeer seemed present still yet.
@sinof1337 (ABS 1/Standard Rims Very fast in a straight line- very unstable with oversteer in corners. Had a couple of spins at both tracks.
@787bcgr (ABS 1/Standard Rims Understeered pretty bad. I was always being too careful not to hit the gas too hard. Gave me a good workout. Just not stable enough for my driving style. It was fast in a straight line- with great acceleration but I just couldn’t figure out the best way to get around the corners.
@CyKosis1973 (ABS 1/Standard Rims)
“The Godfather”
Gotta say out of the EVO’s this one was my favorite. It brought that rare smile to my face the first time I drive a tune. A bit of understeer but not too much- very stable. Very good straight line speeds yet again here. However no matter what I just couldn’t find enough time with it. A better driver could find a good bit of time . This tune is a keeper. Don’t worry I won’t let anybody look in the trunk.
@Otaliema (ABS 1/+1" Rims) “The Lawn Mower” Just couldn’t get enough rotation for the corners. Bounced off some walls at SSR5 and I cut the grass at Motegi. However after several laps I started learning the car and the times started going down. A fast car once you learn it.
@randyrockstiff (ABS 1/Standard Rims) I really liked this car. Very stable and clean. Suffered on corner exits and seemed a bit “twitchy” on slower corners on both circuits.
@Bowtie-muscle (ABS 1/Standard Rims) This tune was great. It was fun and fast. Another smile came on my face while driving this car. The understeer was just enough to get me around the corners without taking it too far. A bit of a balancing act during the first few laps after learning it WOW I had fun with this car. It was perfect at Motegi and a 9/10 at SSR5 I wouldn’t change anything on it.
@Ridox2JZGTE (ABS 0/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) Ok I admit this is the first car I have ever driven on ABS 0. The brakes just felt so heavy on it. The car seemed to have a mind of it’s own sometimes doing what it wanted to either understeer or oversteer. I just couldn’t control it. The car was fun though and made me laugh with it’s quirky nature.
@shaunm80 (ABS 1/Standard Rims) I liked the fact that this seemed like an all or nothing type of tune. You took a risk Shaun and it worked. Had to be careful with the throttle get it right and you’ll get an awesome lap get it wrong and a 360+ degree turn is in your future.
@MrGrado (ABS 0/Standard Rims/Improved Body Rigidity) “Wild Thing”
Wild Thing I can’t control you. Wow this car was fast it was fun and it was deadly. ABS 0 and the brakes just didn’t work. I had more dirty laps than clean with the car. Add ABS 1 and change the brake balance and take out some of the understeer and this baby would fly.

Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed the car :cheers:

Thanks for taking the time to drive the body mover, hopefully you took the opportunity to take out any evidence rubbish :sly: I'll look at make a few changes to my car in order to make it a little more 'race' friendly. As it is I left in a few settings that wouldn't be all that desirable whilst racing, they're ok for time trialing, where you don't have to work about traffic. We should certainly try and arrange an online race 👍

Updated my reviews on my results post. Everybody did a great job. :)
Thank you very much for the additional review, really glad the car worked for you. Sadly I'm at work and can't watch YouTube vids at the mo, looking forward to getting home later, though :)👍

{Cy}

So no Sponge Bob Square Pants either? :) Don't know about you man- just don't know about you!! :)
Sponge bob O_o really sponge bob? my kids are 4 and 2! bubble guppies!!!! at least the games online ;)
In terms *if you have cable or sat tv* Viacom stations, such as nick, AMC, FX, etc are the second most expensive channels in your line up only the ESPN networks are more costly per subscriber. Even if you don't watch them they are costing you between $2-$5 per channel. ESPN networks are $4-$12 per channel. so out of your say 75 monthly package cost 60% is going to 2 companies. But I digress.

Thank you on the review. I do agree it has a odd driving style but once you get it right it gets fast and consistent.

@CyKosis1973 I have been playing with it to improve the braking, results so far. reducing front tow out improved braking distant slightly but reduced rotation. reducing front spring rate improved braking but decreased corning grip, decreasing dampers no effect on braking but decreased corning grip. Decreasing ballast improved braking distance and improved acceleration. So i'm starting to think the car is too heavy/fast for the tires for short distance braking.

Road Racers:

RE Amemiya FD3S RX7

Great job sir.

SSR5;1:30.625 DC 8.5 / Toe as posted 1:32.535 DC 6.5
TME;1:29.232 DC 8 / Toe as posted 1:31.323 DC 6.0
Impression of tune; Disclaimer I could not in good conscience, allow Dolhaus to have a error in his tune after allowing @praiano63 to correct his posted tune so I corrected the rear toe to +0.18 as stated in this post. Overall very good tune, stable at speed and in turns, just couldn’t smash the throttle or would I fish tail it. Great rotation on the car as well, But as with Lionheart’s tune it had a very defined window to work with and it was very small only +/- 2 km/h so getting a clean fast lap was very hard, but very rewarding when I did put it together. Well done sir. *per request added time for toe as posted. It would rotate very well but it was very hard to control and on throttle application I would fish more than go straight every time. With another 50 or so laps I could bring the times back down and probability lower them compared to the tow out setting.

No Tunes submitted.

speechless by its dedication to unconventional tuned my car so .1st noticed that using downforce little or no difference to the drive it was insignificant then prepared this car for the ladies take pleasure in a more realistic feel possible car, the outputs the corners gave up for Fezer a controlled drift. deta you have not yet repaired my G27 pedals. thank you and congratulate you for your performance:bowdown::bowdown::cheers:👍:gtpflag:

Sponge bob O_o really sponge bob? my kids are 4 and 2! bubble guppies!!!! at least the games online ;)
In terms *if you have cable or sat tv* Viacom stations, such as nick, AMC, FX, etc are the second most expensive channels in your line up only the ESPN networks are more costly per subscriber. Even if you don't watch them they are costing you between $2-$5 per channel. ESPN networks are $4-$12 per channel. so out of your say 75 monthly package cost 60% is going to 2 companies. But I digress.

Thank you on the review. I do agree it has a odd driving style but once you get it right it gets fast.

I just wish there were 28 hours in a day so I could've put more time testing for everybodies cars. 10 laps per car per track really is just warm up laps. Have to start testing sooner next time.

Had no idea about those rates with TV. No wonder why ESPN can afford to hire 20+ people to just sit around screaming at each other about nothing.

2 and 4 years olds are so awesome man!! Just wish they could stay at that age forever I bet. :)

@CyKosis1973 I have been playing with it to improve the braking, results so far. reducing front tow out improved braking distant slightly but reduced rotation. reducing front spring rate improved braking but decreased corning grip, decreasing dampers no effect on braking but decreased corning grip. Decreasing ballast improved braking distance and improved acceleration. So i'm starting to think the car is too heavy/fast for the tires for short distance braking.
Have you watched any replays or had a look in the data logger to see if the car is doing something weird under braking? Asides from the tedium of saving the replay, exiting all the way back to desktop and then loading the logger, I found the additional tabs and the ability to add ride height and wheel speed quite helpful...

{Cy}

Have you watched any replays or had a look in the data logger to see if the car is doing something weird under braking? Asides from the tedium of saving the replay, exiting all the way back to desktop and then loading the logger, I found the additional tabs and the ability to add ride height and wheel speed quite helpful...

{Cy}
I have the only time it does anything odd is trail braking the outside front just slides out, but I can't tell if it over load or under load slide as the next turn it won't do it, the only difference is speed, first turn is high speed second turn is low speed at start of braking. Medium speed or straight line braking it's fine. The data logger over not reviewed for braking but the ride hight is fine nothing indacating over load, and lateral g-force indictors are showing moderate amount of weight transfer. If I slap SS tires on it the braking problems basically go away.

I have the only time it does anything odd is trail braking the outside front just slides out, but I can't tell if it over load or under load slide as the next turn it won't do it, the only difference is speed, first turn is high speed second turn is low speed at start of braking. Medium speed or straight line braking it's fine. The data logger over not reviewed for braking but the ride hight is fine nothing indacating over load, and lateral g-force indictors are showing moderate amount of weight transfer. If I slap SS tires on it the braking problems basically go away.
Not that I'm smarter than anyone else here but I'll run it and throw in my 2 cents

May be the rear is too stiff then? You're running about 85% rear spring, which is only 5% stiffer than mine and very similar to Randy's :indiff: Have you fiddled with braking sensitivity? And what about your rear toe, are you running (-) neg toe? I only ask because I recall someone saying that they're written submission was wrong and it should have been (+) pos rear toe, not sure who that was though...
Not that I'm smarter than anyone else here but I'll run it and throw in my 2 cents
The more 2 cents we throw in, the smarter we all get 👍 Think I'm going to have to crank up the PS3 after work. POETS day today, so that should be sooner rather than later :sly:

{Cy}

monkey-on-a-computer.jpg

Having a few technical difficulties, will get the results posted later 👍

Always down for more feedback :)

May be the rear is too stiff then? You're running about 85% rear spring, which is only 5% stiffer than mine and very similar to Randy's :indiff: Have you fiddled with braking sensitivity? And what about your rear toe, are you running (-) neg toe? I only ask because I recall someone saying that they're written submission was wrong and it should have been (+) pos rear toe, not sure who that was though...

The more 2 cents we throw in, the smarter we all get 👍 Think I'm going to have to crank up the PS3 after work. POETS day today, so that should be sooner rather than later :sly:

{Cy}
That was @DolHaus that typo'ed his tune was a very different animal with the typo.
I have tried to raise and lower the bb on the car, lowering it increases breaking distance, raising it reduced distance and control, I have reduced the rear spring rate by about 3/4 of a kg/mm with little effect on braking but a noticeable reduction to rotation. The only thing I left have todo to really shed weight.
Gonna send you a FR on PSN later today.
View attachment 222873

Having a few technical difficulties, will get the results posted later 👍
Threaten it with a 15 lbs (6.8 kg) universal persuasion tool ;) works for me, and it has a 100% success rate, either you feel better or it starts working :lol:

OK @Otaliema I don't have the setups with me because my son is on my phone (PBS kids) so i will copy them down and post them here later today.

The first thing I noticed when setting up your car though was the high amount of stiffness throughout the setup. I waited to pass judgement until I drove it though. In my notes after about 5 laps I wrote:

"Very quick turn in but instantly pushes out"

"GREAT corner exit grip"

" I have to brake in straight line only"

I ended up with a best of 1:27.7xx which would have been the 2nd highest time if I were a tester.

The first edit I made was to drop your springs by over half and then bring your dampers at 9 down to 5. the braking was still straight line only but it didn't push out as soon after turn in. However, I did lose a little bit of the exit grip.

So from what I felt just from making it softer was giving me better turning but the weight moving more had me waiting just a hair longer to use the throttle on exit. So I decided to try a softer less extreme setup for turning ability and make up the exit grip elsewhere.

Long story short I made a base change and then a second set of tweaks that left me running a 1:26.6xx.

Base change included:

1. moving ballast back a little to get 45:55 balance
2. making suspension softer with bias towards rear stiffness

Tweaks included:

1. adjusting front compression higher to combat the load on tires from the new softness.
2. changing the TQ split to help with exit rotation
3. reducing toe to normalize grip throughout the turn

I don't know if I have just changed the car to better suit my style and if these changes will suit you also, or if I just made it better for me but I ended up with a 1:26.6xx which was 1/2 a second faster that the best tester time. Again I know this doesn't help much without the numbers and i'll get them up asap.

OK @Otaliema I don't have the setups with me because my son is on my phone (PBS kids) so i will copy them down and post them here later today.

The first thing I noticed when setting up your car though was the high amount of stiffness throughout the setup. I waited to pass judgement until I drove it though. In my notes after about 5 laps I wrote:

"Very quick turn in but instantly pushes out"

"GREAT corner exit grip"

" I have to brake in straight line only"

I ended up with a best of 1:27.7xx which would have been the 2nd highest time if I were a tester.

The first edit I made was to drop your springs by over half and then bring your dampers at 9 down to 5. the braking was still straight line only but it didn't push out as soon after turn in. However, I did lose a little bit of the exit grip.

So from what I felt just from making it softer was giving me better turning but the weight moving more had me waiting just a hair longer to use the throttle on exit. So I decided to try a softer less extreme setup for turning ability and make up the exit grip elsewhere.

Long story short I made a base change and then a second set of tweaks that left me running a 1:26.6xx.

Base change included:

1. moving ballast back a little to get 45:55 balance
2. making suspension softer with bias towards rear stiffness

Tweaks included:

1. adjusting front compression higher to combat the load on tires from the new softness.
2. changing the TQ split to help with exit rotation
3. reducing toe to normalize grip throughout the turn

I don't know if I have just changed the car to better suit my style and if these changes will suit you also, or if I just made it better for me but I ended up with a 1:26.6xx which was 1/2 a second faster that the best tester time. Again I know this doesn't help much without the numbers and i'll get them up asap.
That actually helps a ton, you did somthing I did not, large changes I was working with small changes, 1 kg/mm on the springs or 2 clicks on the dampers. I'll go soften the heck out of the car and give it a spin now. see whats its like. I may be able to work with this to get it there now.
*ponders why he never did large changes :boggled:*

That actually helps a ton, you did somthing I did not, large changes I was working with small changes, 1 kg/mm on the springs or 2 clicks on the dampers. I'll go soften the heck out of the car and give it a spin now. see whats its like. I may be able to work with this to get it there now.
*ponders why he never did large changes :boggled:*

ok so my final setup that ran a 1:26.6

RH: 120/105
SR: 11.70/10.35
DC: 4/4
DE: 4/5
ARB: 4/5
CAM: 0/0
TOE: -.10/-.30
BRK: 6/7

TQ Split: 35:65

ballast position: 24

Those were the only changes I made. everything else stays the same. Every change I made i tried with your original camber settings first but it always felt better with 0 camber.

@Otaliema I did a lot of testing with getting the weight to move forward to try to help trail braking but it was a very fine line. I could get the rear end to come around under braking but the when lifting to get back on the throttle the cars balance would be so upset that it would slow way down and jerk around when it straightened out.

I also tried to replicate your setup but softer to try to keep that amazing squat and go grip you had on the exit. I couldn't keep it though.

I tried to stiffen the front a little at a time to slow down the weight transfer but then it would start straight line braking again. Long story short, I'm not good enough to find that spot where it rotates under braking without getting upset i guess. I did get it within a second of my RX-7 time though which surprised me a bit. I swear I ran a 1:25.9 in my car. I'll do it again and take a pic if I have too ! :lol:

Speaking of which @DolHaus If I were a tester too it would have really skewed the results if my time was included. It might be best to find a way to eliminate tuners as testers if at all possible. I know that was being discussed earlier.

Last edited:
@Otaliema I did a lot of testing with getting the weight to move forward to try to help trail braking but it was a very fine line. I could get the rear end to come around under braking but the when lifting to get back on the throttle the cars balance would be so upset that it would slow way down and jerk around when it straightened out.

I also tried to replicate your setup but softer to try to keep that amazing squat and go grip you had on the exit. I couldn't keep it though.

I tried to stiffen the front a little at a time to slow down the weight transfer but then it would start straight line braking again. Long story short, I'm not good enough to find that spot where it rotates under braking without getting upset i guess. I did get it within a second of my RX-7 time though which surprised me a bit. I swear I ran a 1:55.9 in my car. I'll do it again and take a pic if I have too ! :lol:

Speaking of which @DolHaus If I were a tester too it would have really skewed the results if my time was included. It might be best to find a way to eliminate tuners as testers if at all possible. I know that was being discussed earlier.
Really, that slow :lol: a 1:55.9???:lol:......

Testing is an has been an issue on occasion with your own tune. But, unless you tune for 1 class and test the other, or find more testers, any solution mentioned so far has it's own flaws. :irked:

Latest Posts

Back