FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
Not yet, but I have posted the replica it will be roughly based on, on my garage, it's not an ad :P I am thinking running similar rake, but the rule only allows 15mm difference :lol:

There's a replay included there as well with the run at Silverstone GP at 2:20s :P Fit RH or SS tire and whoaaa at green hell :lol:

Not sure if that's a good news to me :lol:
Its ok, I remembered you mentioning a Civic replica and you are usually an early poster so I was just wondering if I'd missed it. I haven't tested a fully tuned Civic or an AE86 yet and just wanted to see how they stacked up against the others.
I started tuning a Civic initially and found I could make it blisteringly fast at Eiger using loads of front camber but it just didn't work at Deep Forest using the same setup so I turned my attention elsewhere, I might have to return to it and see if I can balance it up a little bit now I have comparison times to work with

@Lionheart2113
Keep the MR2 spirit intact or you can run super soft springs - lower at the rear, front low high rear, stiff damper, high ARB, high camber up front, high toe - anything to make the rear lazy and front understeer = make the MR2 drive unlike an MR2 would :P Keeping the spirit and drives like a glove on your hand, that's special :D

Part of the enjoyment of driving MR2 is the lively rear, direct steering and the involvement on the driver to initiate weight transfer smoothly, making the car like your own hand and leg :D

Last edited:
No luck needed there, mate.:cheers: There are a few scenarios that I find tough, throttle control and delicate steering input are top on the list. Both are needed for this challenge. Plus I chose the same car that @praiano63 has tuned :nervous: I'm going to look like a right :dunce:
:lol::lol::lol:
If you can get a Viper around Trial Mountain then you can get a MR2 around Eiger Norwand and Deep Forrest! Anyway, its not your times that are going to matter!👍

@Lionheart2113
Keep the MR2 spirit intact or you can run super soft springs - lower at the rear, front low high rear, stiff damper, high ARB, high camber up front, high toe - anything to make the rear lazy and front understeer = make the MR2 drive unlike an MR2 would :P Keeping the spirit and drives like a glove on your hand, that's special :D
I did go with very low springs (lower rear), mid-ish dampers, higher ARB (stiffer rear), strange TOE settings and NO camber! But my times are not as good as others have mentioned. I need a sponge under the "x" button!

I did go with very low springs (lower rear), mid-ish dampers, higher ARB (stiffer rear), strange TOE settings and NO camber! But my times are not as good as others have mentioned. I need a sponge under the "x" button!

Running medium high rear damper compression and half the extension/2 click lower would help with on throttle traction, but you need to balance it with front compression and extension ( high comp and 1 click higher extension ) Try it, and see how it goes. LSD with higher initial will also help maintaining equal wheel speed on low speed corners and give more stability.

I can offer a herd of wilder beast.. If that doesn't suffice, Ill throw in a couple of elephants or lions. :) I like old school bartering.

P1060755.JPG

I just realized that you posted a tune! I take it you made it back from the honeymoon...or did you find a spare PS3 out there? Welcome back and congrats again!:cheers:
Not just a tune but two tunes in fact :) Yes, I am back. If I found a PS3 in Mauritius or on Safari in Kenya, I would have had a divorce faster than the marriage took place... My other half was happy for lack of PS3 for 21 days. I didn't mind it much either too if I'm honest. Thank you for the congratulations. It was a good day and an excellent honeymoon. The best bit was seeing a baby wilder beast being drowned and killed by a crocodile. I heard David Attenborough in my head describing it as it was happening. Very surreal.

Not just a tune but two tunes in fact :) Yes, I am back. If I found a PS3 in Mauritius or on Safari in Kenya, I would have had a divorce faster than the marriage took place... My other half was happy for lack of PS3 for 21 days. I didn't mind it much either too if I'm honest. Thank you for the congratulations. It was a good day and an excellent honeymoon. The best bit was seeing a baby wilder beast being drowned and killed by a crocodile. I heard David Attenborough in my head describing it as it was happening. Very surreal.
A baby wilder beast being eaten by a croc was the best bit of your honeymoon? Um...uh...never mind!:lol::lol:
:cheers:

A baby wilder beast being eaten by a croc was the best bit of your honeymoon? Um...uh...never mind!:lol::lol:
I know... The highlight should be something else but how often do you get to see that particular event? Don't worry, I'm not sadistic or anything like that. I love watching nature programmes and never thought id be that close to something like that.

Running medium high rear damper compression and half the extension/2 click lower would help with on throttle traction, but you need to balance it with front compression and extension ( high comp and 1 click higher extension ) Try it, and see how it goes. LSD with higher initial will also help maintaining equal wheel speed on low speed corners and give more stability.
Agree on the higher extension helping on throttle, more so the rear ext, but it made it squirrelly on quick changes of direction, for me. As it sits I'm lower on the extension than I am the compression on both front/rear. I'll give it another go in the morning when I take pics for the post.:cheers:

Agree on the higher extension helping on throttle, more so the rear ext, but it made it squirrelly on quick changes of direction, for me. As it sits I'm lower on the extension than I am the compression on both front/rear. I'll give it another go in the morning when I take pics for the post.:cheers:
It's like you looked at my setup man ! I'm having fun watching the characteristics of the car change but not having fun finding a happy setup. I'm still nowhere close to some of the times posted for the street cars, but way ahead of the times posted for the racers. Frustration gt6 style lol.

I picked my Racer and changed the paint, @Motor City Hami is right about the color being faster :lol::lol:. Put it on ice for a day or 2 then I will revisit, if I'm satisfied then I will be posting. Not gonna be the best, but we shall see. Never know how testing will go ;)

Last edited:

Don't go there unless you want a visit from a mod :scared: ;)

I know... The highlight should be something else but how often do you get to see that particular event? Don't worry, I'm not sadistic or anything like that. I love watching nature programmes and never thought id be that close to something like that.

Thank you gentlemen I have laughed that hard all day.
Welcome back shaumn I'm sure your tune will be a trip and half as always.

If the car is squirelly when changing direction, try ARB with 2 click lower at the rear, F/R : 3/1 or 4/2 is a good start, or higher but 1 click lower at the rear : 4/3 or 5/4. or 6/5. The higher the front ARB, it will give more response up to a point it will be too tight and start to understeer on lower speed but nimble on higher speed. The lower rear gives more range at the rear to go side to side as it allows more body roll, making it slightly lazier and smoother on the outside wheel load on cornering, the sweet spot depends on the rear weight distribution, spring rate and damper strength. You can also aid the rear stability by using higher toe in, 0.31 / 1/8 in - TRD toe in spec is a good start :) Experiment with front toe in at half of the rear value / 1/16 in, similar to TRD spec, you might like the result.

J'S Racing/MFactory Honda Civic SiR 420PP
FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge

Special Build Civic EG6 J's Racing/Mfactory 420PP
Comfort Medium

EG6Js.jpg

CAR : Honda Civic SiR-II ( EG ) '91
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 216 HP at 8300 RPM
Torque : 140.2 ft-lb at 7800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.4%
Weight: 980 kg
Ballast : 106 kg
Ballast Position : -44
Weight Distribution : 62 / 38
Performance Points: 420

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY
Wheels : Standard Size RAYS 57Gainer in White
Car Paint : Pure White or any solid white.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Five Speed Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - J's Racing CRUX SPL Racing Coilover Damper Kit with SWIFT Spings
Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 90 90
Spring Rate: 14.00 10.00
Dampers (Compression): 3 6
Dampers (Extension): 4 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.3
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.00

LSD - 1.5 way J's Racing LSD
Initial Torque : 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 33
Braking Sensitivity: 13

Brake Balance:
3/5 ABS 0 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/5.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, ABS 0 with 3/5 brake balance.
Notes :

This J's Racing Honda EG6 is based on Honda One Make Race Series in Japan. For this 420PP FITT version, I choose to go NA only and set the power at close to 220PS with just below 1000kg weight. The real car distribution is also retained at 62/38.

Suspension comes from J's Racing CRUX SPL Coilover Damper with SWIFT springs. Base spring rate at 14/10 is used. I have also adapted the ride height ( lower front ), this has reversed effect in GT6, giving less rotation, but I tuned the damper, ARB, and toe to combat this. Camber is set at 2.0/1.3, based on typical mild camber setup for EG6 race/track car.

J's Racing 1,5 way LSD has been used on the real car, with aggressive locking performance and medium torque preload. The LSD in GT6 has been setup with medium preload, and locking rate to reflect real car LSD performance. Five speed transmission is used to conform with rules.

The car has been built to be versatile, it can be run on comfort tire to racing hard tires. With Sports Soft and Racing Hard, the handling and grip limit is exceptional, and gives the feeling of actual Civic race car :P Fit SS or RH and drive at Green Hell for great driving fun.

This will be no brake assist entry, BB is at 3/5. The brake can be used on full force at most of the time, ease off the brakes when nearing the apex on slower corner. Please be aware of the braking point, especially at Eiger 1st turn entry, brake earlier to find the optimum braking point. The 1st turn at Deep Forest can be taken a bit late with good braking technique.
No more mash the brake and hang on:lol:

The picture above is only illustration, the actual tune do not have wing :P

ENJOY :cheers:

Last edited:
A few years back, my wife and I took a three week tour around Sri Lanka, for our honeymoon. She genuinely thought I was going to struggle not having the PS3 for that amount of time, bless her. It didn't even enter my mind the whole time, not on a trip like that :) PM me a few more of those safari pics and I'll send you a couple of YouTube links of Sri Lanka's Yala National Park 👍 Congrats :cheers:

Back on topic, I'll try to get my Fat Evo posted shortly, been side tracked by building garden furniture out of reclaimed pallets and my wife and I have also been catching up on Utopia. My word, what a programme that is...

{Cy}

One of the testers has noticed that my 420PP tune is currently tuned with CS tyres and not CM tyres which they should be. I will be making alterations to this tune and edit the tune post to reflect any changes made.

Last edited:
Team Kunimitsu NSX GT2
LM Replica 1995 GT2 Class Winner No 84
Keiichi Tsuchiya, Akira Iida and Kunimitsu Takahashi
FITT Hot Version

Special Build Team Kunimitsu NSX GT2 for FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge
Sports Medium

Twin Ring Motegi East Course.jpg

CAR : Acura NSX LM Race Car '91
Tire : Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 380 HP at 8500 RPM
Torque : 272.2 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 96.4%
Weight: 1060 kg
Ballast : 15 kg
Ballast Position : 35
Weight Distribution : 45 / 55
Performance Points: 517

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY
Wheels : Standard
Car Paint : Formula Red or any solid red.
Driver Number : 84, Font Type B

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - EIBACH Springs with Dynamic Damper
Medium Camber

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 110
Spring Rate: 16.07 14.84
Dampers (Compression): 4 6
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 3.2 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.16 0.32

LSD - 1.5 way Hewland LSD
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - HEWLAND 5 Speed Sequential Gearbox with LLS Type Catalogue Ratio and Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 5.500
Set Auto Max Speed at 210kmh / 130mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.846
2nd 2.063
3rd 1.611
4th 1.320
5th 1.081
Set Final to 3.444

AERO
Front : 150
Rear : 300

Brake Balance:
1/1 ABS 0 ( personal BB ) or for ABS 0 wheel : 1/1

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off - ABS 0 with 1/1 brake balance.

Notes :

The NSX GT2 was entered in 1995 Le Mans, the car number 84 driven by Akira Iida, Kunimitsu Takahashi, and Keiichi Tsuchiya. It became the class winner.

This replica is based on that same car. I did a lot of research to find details and specs. Some of them can't be achieved accurately. There have been different weight figure, 1043kg and 1050kg. The GT6 NSX LM can only go as low as 1045kg. Power is at 380HP, but later on the NSX GT2 with different chassis has 400HP power in 2001 when it raced in European Endurance series. The Gran Turismo version on PSX has 549HP power and 1050kg. This power level can't be achieved in GT6. For this FITT version, weight is at 1060kg and 45/55 weight distribution to conform with the rules at 517PP

I based the suspension on the 2001 update NSX GT2 to compete with modern race car spec. The suspension uses Eibach springs and Dynamic Damper System. I set the spring rate to similar ratio as used on JGTC NSX as the value range is not reachable in GT6. This should give similar handling albeit at softer overall rate. I have also setup the damper, ARB and alignment to work with the extra rigidity applied and include a damper setup for non body rigidity for those who don't want to apply the irreversible upgrade.

LSD is 1.5 way, with high preload and lock to ensure stability. Gearing is based on Hewland 5 Speed Sequential as it used on 1995 Le Mans. I adapted the current Hewland offering of 5 speed sequential for MR cars, the ratio and finals are taken from the Hewland catalogue, aimed to replicate the top speed during the race at close to 280kmh.

The NSX GT2 Team Kunimitsu has been tuned and tested at La Sarthe, Silverstone GP, Special Stage Route 5 and Motegi East Course. It can lap SSR5 in 1:28s and Motegi East in 1:27s on SM tires.

This will be no assist entry ( ABS 0 ).

ENJOY :cheers:

IMG_1784.jpg
1NSX015.jpg
1NSX016.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back