FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
I'm sorry if this entry is a few minutes late. Work was longer than it should have been. Here goes:

MR2 1600 G '86
80 / 80
7.50 / 8.00
3/5
4/3
3/1
0.2/0.2
0.00/+0.20
Standard Brakes: 5/5
Six Speed Transmission
LSD: 15/15/15
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Power Limiter 99.8%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Iso. Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast 0@0

Stock Areo.
No oil change.
No engine refresh.
No chassis reinforcement.
Wheels: +2" Rays TE37SL (black)
Stock paint: New Sherwood Toning.

HP: 196/7,300
Torque: 150.8/5,800
Drive train/Aspiration: MR/NA
Weight: 937 // 46/54
ABS 1

Deep Forest Best Lap (after 8 laps): 1:35.554
Eiger Short Course (after 400+ miles): 1:18.463

Notes:
1: Be smooth.

2: Be smooth.

3: Don't make me smack you. Smooth! Not just on the wheel, but the gas and brake are equally important.

4: Shift up at 7.900 RPMs if you can. The engine runs out of putt after this point. Use the engine for braking, downshift early in every gear down, especially when going down multiple gears.

5: Be gentle on BLO (brake lift off). Slam it on, gentle off (especially on the first corner of Deep Forest).

6: It's built as a TT runner. Not meant for door to door racing. It is highly unstable and requires a gentle hand (and foot) at all times. The rear is meant to stay "inside" the front, meaning: try not to need counter steering. Trail braking is needed for best times. But don't once you apply the throttle feed it gently so you don't need to counter steer. This provides the best traction scenario (I believe). --- I built this car to be a "drivers car." Meaning I wanted a Best Lap to be an achievement, but when you got it you knew you had rung the most out of the car. Every corner is a trial. (To DS3 and automatic users: I apologize. This car was not built for you and will feel far to unstable.)

7: All feedback is welcome.

8: Smooth!

Last edited:
My Entry

Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (AE86) 1983 -420pp- -Juane Sirius 2 (colour)-

Parts List:

Comfort Mediums
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Improved Body Rigidity
Aftermarket Six Speed Transmission
Fully Custimisable Mechanical LSD
Double Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction

THE TUNE:

Suspension:

RH: 100, 115
SR: 3.75, 2.00
D(C): 3, 5
D(E): 3, 5
ARB's: 5, 2
CA: 0.9, 3.2
TA: -0.15, 0.60

Transmission:

LSD: 25, 33, 15
Gearbox has fixed ratio

Power:

Limiter set to 90.4%

Body:

Ballast set to 109 kg, at +50%.

Stats:

- 420pp
- 200BHP
- 930kg
- 53 : 47 Front to back weight ratio
- 1 587 cc Displacement
- 24 kgfm Torque
- FR Drivetrain
- 4.65 kg/hp

NOTES:

I have tried desperately with this weight setup to make the car easier to handle, and I think I have, but whoever tests it must be careful because it has some real nasty spots where it will just let loose no matter what. I did put it together in a short amount of time so it may be fairly sketchy all round. You can be pretty heavy handed/footed with the throttle but it may require some finesse from time to time.

Additional stuff:

ABS: 1
DS3 controller
Tested on version 1.09 of GT6

HAVE FUN

My Entry

Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (AE86) 1983 -420pp- -Juane Sirius 2 (colour)-

Parts List:

Comfort Mediums
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Improved Body Rigidity
Aftermarket Six Speed Transmission
Fully Custimisable Mechanical LSD
Double Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction

THE TUNE:

Suspension:

RH: 100, 115
SR: 3.75, 2.00
D(C): 3, 5
D(E): 3, 5
ARB's: 5, 2
CA: 0.9, 3.2
TA: -0.15, 0.60

Transmission:

LSD: 25, 33, 15
Gearbox has fixed ratio

Power:

Limiter set to 90.4%

Body:

Ballast set to 109 kg, at +50%.

Stats:

- 420pp
- 200BHP
- 930kg
- 53 : 47 Front to back weight ratio
- 1 587 cc Displacement
- 24 kgfm Torque
- FR Drivetrain
- 4.65 kg/hp

NOTES:

I have tried desperately with this weight setup to make the car easier to handle, and I think I have, but whoever tests it must be careful because it has some real nasty spots where it will just let loose no matter what. I did put it together in a short amount of time so it may be fairly sketchy all round. You can be pretty heavy handed/footed with the throttle but it may require some finesse from time to time.

Additional stuff:

ABS: 1
DS3 controller
Tested on version 1.09 of GT6

HAVE FUN

What settings have you got your brakes at?

Is it too late to sign up to be a tester? Looks like I won't be traveling the next 2 weeks so I might actually have some time to put it. I haven't done one of these in a while and I'd love to give it a shot.

If it's not too late, sign me up for the Road Racers for sure, and if I have time I'll try to do the Street Classics as well

This pleases me, welcome back, Sir...

{Cy}

@nijalninja - what color is "juane sirius 2"? where do you get it?

@Ronald6 New Sherwood Toning is already taken by @brian wolf :lol: (just kidding) :D

*more tunes to test, more tunes to test :banghead::banghead::banghead: and still waiting on @NEWDRIVER2 :banghead::banghead::banghead: *

Had extra time this weekend and tried to get a jump start as time will be precious the rest of the week, 2 more tunes, at least 1 more coming, and I have to redo 787's.......but I must say it has been the most fun I have had with Comfort Medium tires. :dopey:

@Ronald6 New Sherwood Toning is already taken by @brian wolf :lol: (just kidding) :D

*more tunes to test, more tunes to test :banghead::banghead::banghead: and still waiting on @NEWDRIVER2 :banghead::banghead::banghead: *

Had extra time this weekend and tried to get a jump start as time will be precious the rest of the week, 2 more tunes, at least 1 more coming, and I have to redo 787's.......but I must say it has been the most fun I have had with Comfort Medium tires. :dopey:

Jaune = Yellow (french)
Probably from a Renault Megane

Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11 stock/showroom color, price 38.500, much nicer color than the normal yellows people paint their cars, not as annoying. :) Good choice there @nijalninja

Edit; @Bowtie-muscle since I know you like to match up color's my MR2 is Blue Fire Metallic (i forget where I got it), and my Evo is Reflex Spice, get that from TVR Tuscan Speed 6 I think is the less expensive way to get it.

Edit again; Found the car for the Blue Fire Metallic; Plymouth Superbird '70

Last edited:
Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy '11 stock/showroom color, price 38.500, much nicer color than the normal yellows people paint their cars, not as annoying. :) Good choice there @nijalninja

Edit; @Bowtie-muscle since I know you like to match up color's my MR2 is Blue Fire Metallic (i forget where I got it), and my Evo is Reflex Spice, get that from TVR Tuscan Speed 6 I think is the less expensive way to get it.

Edit again; Found the car for the Blue Fire Metallic; Plymouth Superbird '70
Blue Mica for you, pretty close, and I like to make it as close to posted(or pictured as possible) so I know whose tune it is just by the paint. If it is not posted then I choose for you:mischievous:

Apologies, I won't be able to take part in this, my girlfriend fell ill again today, she requires near 24/7 supervision when she's having a fluctuation in health so I haven't had the time to finish off my tunes. Hopefully I'll be able to take part in one soon and before I've sold my PS3.
Life and reality are much more important than anything virtual. Take care of your woman my friend:tup:

I believe both the new Clio and Megane RS are available in that colour. Personally I prefer the Juane Janet(?) you can buy the Pug 106 in, but I like the classic colours. The Renault one does look better in GT6, maybe just that I'm using a different screen, but the Peugeot one looked lovely on premium cars in GT5 :guilty:

{Cy}

I'm surprised @Motor City Hami isn't entering an RX7.

I would have entered the NSX. I love the look of that car. There are a few reasons I sat this one out. I did a little bit of testing, but the PP differences seemed odd and with different tire choices too? I would have had to test all of the cars rather than just pick the one that I wanted. Plus, I am really short on time right now. Plus, @Bowtie-muscle built a tune using my guide and landed really close to where I was with the NSX. He even painted it green, so I am kind of rooting for him to win it all.

OK, so I am not sure how yet, have to finish testing but I think someone cheated. :boggled: :odd: You will see when I post my results.:D (Not saying who yet)

@nijalninja Do you have brake settings??

@Otaliema you broke me by calling me a slacker, it's now the correct color blue :P, but it looked darker in your photo:odd:

@Ronald6 New Sherwood Toning only ok because of the black rims :lol:

juane sirius 2 I actually had in my collection:ouch: :embarrassed:

@787bcgr are you sure you want me to retest with ABS 0, not thinking of changing back to ABS1? Really, because I already did it with ABS 1................no? :banghead::banghead:....Ok then :guilty:

Last edited:
OK, so I am not sure how yet, have to finish testing but I think someone cheated. :boggled: :odd: You will see when I post my results.:D (Not saying who yet)

@Otaliema you broke me by calling me a slacker, it's now the correct color blue :P, but it looked darker in your photo:odd:

@787bcgr are you sure you want me to retest with ABS 0, not thinking of changing back to ABS1? Really, because I already did it with ABS 1................no? :banghead::banghead:....Ok then :guilty:

I'm at the wall to, tested at Abs 1 now just finished at 0, too quick to get testing

Whichever is fine. ABS of zero is just replicating it's real world setup, I think ABS of 1 should be fine with the tune.

I used a filter in the photo to alter the color contrast to make it look like it was going faster than it really was.

Let me guess someone was way faster than everyone else? Lol

Lancer Evo IX TC '05 510PP 412hp/1240kg Sport Medium Tires
F/C LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Stage 2
Ride Height: 108/108
Spring Rate: 11.10/9.55
Dampers Comp: 3/4
Dampers Ext: 5/7
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 1.0/0.6
Toe: +0.15/-0.07
Brake Balance:5/5
Front LSD: 5/5/5
Rear LSD: 10/53/17
Torque Split: 40/60
Power Limit: 94.1%
Downforce: 60/50
Ballast: 160@ position 50%
Transmission:
Set top speed to 112/min, then Final to 3.520, then set gears to:
1: 2.785
2: 2.077
3: 1.640
4: 1.352
5: 1.143
6: 0.990

I am unable to get the gearings to match these settings... is anyone else experiencing this problem? The range for my 1st gear, for example is showing 3.381-4.503.

I am unable to get the gearings to match these settings... is anyone else experiencing this problem? The range for my 1st gear, for example is showing 3.381-4.503.
Set final to max, top speed to min, then final to the listed value. That should do it.

I think I'm late to the party , sorry I was really going to post my tune but get a work and I couldn't do it before the time end :(. So I will set this one out and keep my tune for my self . Good luck tuner and drive safe tester and thank you @DolHaus and sorry @Bowtie-muscle you will not test my car this time :(.

ND

I was looking forward to testing one of your cars.

Back