FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
Thank you kindly, Sir. I saw a Clueless opportunity and thought it rude to not take advantage. In a straight line, the Evo is going to get its considerable rear kicked, but I trust it'll make people smile, if only because of its ridiculously angry face :sly:{Cy}
I honestly think the Evo will win DC points, so I would expect to see your tune up there. I just went for pure speed with the RX-7, current fast lap is 1:27.135 at SSR5. ( few more tweeks and I want into the 1:26's) The NSX is a little quicker at Twin Ring, but you need to be flawless and since I can't be a tester for this, I thought I'd be nice to them! Cuz as @Ridox2JZGTE said, the NSX has character...I say attitude problem, but tomato/tomatoe!:lol:

I honestly think the Evo will win DC points, so I would expect to see your tune up there. I just went for pure speed with the RX-7, current fast lap is 1:27.135 at SSR5. ( few more tweeks and I want into the 1:26's) The NSX is a little quicker at Twin Ring, but you need to be flawless and since I can't be a tester for this, I thought I'd be nice to them! Cuz as @Ridox2JZGTE said, the NSX has character...I say attitude problem, but tomato/tomatoe!:lol:

The NSX that I drive/built is very enjoyable to drive, the section from 1st tunnel to 2nd tunnel at SSR5 has so many places where the NSX can be pushed harder and harder. I only drove several laps, but I knew that 1:28 is barely touching the potential :P There are heaps of places that I could have gone on full throttle earlier and longer, braking deeper and carry more speed through the high speed section, and better exit on the left hairpin. The last part of the SSR5, chicane and the long right that leads to the finish also very crucial for quicker lap times, my 1:28 has my NSX scraping the inner wall and lost time too :D I think testers could even go as low as 1:26s at SSR5 with optimized gearing, my NSX GT2 Team Kunimitsu replica has long gearing for La Sarthe ( Le Mans top speed at 276+kmh ) and massive camber :lol: I only worried if testers would be brave enough to lift off the throttle instead of tapping the brake at the high speed esses and full throttle on the downhill then uphill section before deep braking into the left hairpin.

Last edited:
I've only tested at SSR5 so far,(1:28 is not bad for a replica:P It's a second faster than stock for me) I'm hoping I didn't ruin it for Twin Ring though, but will find out tomorrow. Then it's off to buy the MR2 and see if I can get that posted before leaving.

My experience working with race drivers on here tells me that its more like a punishment than a vocation :lol:
In the real world, I'm a hardware engineer (of sorts), working with a bunch of software engineers, so I appreciate the punishment thing ;)
DC points have been my saving grace, I'll be relying on them once again 👍 Despite saying I'd try the rest, I've only run the NSX, it's got obvious pace, but it'll require some taming. I've not really run any laps on SM tyres yet, so I'm pulling 1:29s on a good'un at Twin Ring. Need to run a few more laps at SSR5 and then a bunch more at both, but with the proper rubber...

{Cy}

In the real world, I'm a hardware engineer (of sorts), working with a bunch of software engineers, so I appreciate the punishment thing ;)

DC points have been my saving grace, I'll be relying on them once again 👍 Despite saying I'd try the rest, I've only run the NSX, it's got obvious pace, but it'll require some taming. I've not really run any laps on SM tyres yet, so I'm pulling 1:29s on a good'un at Twin Ring. Need to run a few more laps at SSR5 and then a bunch more at both, but with the proper rubber...

{Cy}
You give them a fast car and they complain about it being too wild and not suitable for racing, you give them a stable car and they whine because its not pumping out pole position laps on request :banghead:
Not to mention the age old complaint of "My car feels funny" on race day when its exactly the same car that they were happily setting times in the day before, or when its somehow your fault because they spun after putting a wheel on the grass :rolleyes:

Don't do it to yourself man, for the love of sanity don't do it :lol:

You give them a fast car and they complain about it being too wild and not suitable for racing, you give them a stable car and they whine because its not pumping out pole position laps on request :banghead:
Not to mention the age old complaint of "My car feels funny" on race day when its exactly the same car that they were happily setting times in the day before, or when its somehow your fault because they spun after putting a wheel on the grass :rolleyes:

Don't do it to yourself man, for the love of sanity don't do it :lol:
I'm far too long in the tooth now to be putting myself at the mercies of some ******re, 20-something racer!! If my family had had a little more money kicking around, back in the day, then may be things would have been a little different. As it is, I'll stick to point out to the softies that I've supplied them with the infrastructure and it's not my fault if their coding doesn't work :sly:

{Cy}

Out of interest, Is anyone else struggling to get the most they can out of the NSX or the DC5 during testing/tuning? I can't find the sweet spot yet and I've been working on these cars for quite a few hours now. :(

Out of interest, Is anyone else struggling to get the most they can out of the NSX or the DC5 during testing/tuning? I can't find the sweet spot yet and I've been working on these cars for quite a few hours now. :(
I'm running the NSX at the moment and having a fairly good fun, just trying to get the last little bit of BLOR smoothed out.
I'm around the 1:27.5 mark at Motegi but I haven't tested at SSR5 yet. I'm finding that Motegi has a sort of duality to it, you can either make it faster in one half of the lap or the other but a compromise is hard to find, I'm just going on the overall time really

I'm running the NSX at the moment and having a fairly good fun, just trying to get the last little bit of BLOR smoothed out.
I'm around the 1:27.5 mark at Motegi but I haven't tested at SSR5 yet. I'm finding that Motegi has a sort of duality to it, you can either make it faster in one half of the lap or the other but a compromise is hard to find, I'm just going on the overall time really
Oh dear... Im currently on about 1.29s with the NSX and I won't mention what time I have with the DC5 (its a little on the slow side with my prelim testing). Im a little behind so far in terms of time... I will have to give the tune another go tomorrow and see what I can do.

Just under 1.27 at Motegi, 1:28.9 at SSR5. Got down to 1.28.6 then went to Motegi, 1.28.5:grumpy:....Evo faster at Motegi, slower at SSR5.

Just under 1.27 at Motegi, 1:28.9 at SSR5. Got down to 1.28.6 then went to Motegi, 1.28.5:grumpy:....Evo faster at Motegi, slower at SSR5.
Yeah Motegi is all about how fast you can get out of tight corners and suits the grippier drivetrains, SSR5 is all about how much speed you can hold through the sweeping corners and suits the more nimble drivetrains

Yeah Motegi is all about how fast you can get out of tight corners and suits the grippier drivetrains, SSR5 is all about how much speed you can hold through the sweeping corners and suits the more nimble drivetrains
So a quick accelerator that had good grip for grifting will do very well at both tracks is what your saying, maybe not the fastest at either but overall combined would be faster than others....hmmm now what car takes well to grifting.... I know! Hehe now to try it and see.
Been busy this weekend, my AC shorted and blew out my main breaker, maintaince didn't beleave me so they forced me to have the power company come out and tell them it's not thier issue but internal, the maintaince guys are clueless so have to wait for a HVAC tech to come out now oi! At least it's not meltingly hot right now.

Oh dear... Im currently on about 1.29s with the NSX and I won't mention what time I have with the DC5 (its a little on the slow side with my prelim testing). Im a little behind so far in terms of time... I will have to give the tune another go tomorrow and see what I can do.

I kinda don't want to post my times now... I'm at 1:25.7xx at motegi. I've only done a couple of laps at ssr5 but it feels good there so I'm focusing on the harder track. I think I've ran 27's t ssr5 but I haven't really pushed it for a hot lap yet.

I'm not using the nsx though. If we were on sport soft it would be fastest but a safer car is faster on sm tires.

So a quick accelerator that had good grip for grifting will do very well at both tracks is what your saying, maybe not the fastest at either but overall combined would be faster than others....hmmm now what car takes well to grifting.... I know! Hehe now to try it and see.
Been busy this weekend, my AC shorted and blew out my main breaker, maintaince didn't beleave me so they forced me to have the power company come out and tell them it's not thier issue but internal, the maintaince guys are clueless so have to wait for a HVAC tech to come out now oi! At least it's not meltingly hot right now.
The car that is the best all rounder will do best I think, if you focus on one track too much then it will harm you at the other

I kinda don't want to post my times now... I'm at 1:25.7xx at motegi. I've only done a couple of laps at ssr5 but it feels good there so I'm focusing on the harder track. I think I've ran 27's t ssr5 but I haven't really pushed it for a hot lap yet.

I'm not using the nsx though. If we were on sport soft it would be fastest but a safer car is faster on sm tires.
You have grip set to real??? :confused::boggled::odd:

Haha Praiano playing mind games so early.
Its always difficult to gauge times by other peoples performance but that certainly raised an eyebrow, I just couldn't see where the time could come from on a track like that :lol:

Thank you kindly, Sir. I saw a Clueless opportunity and thought it rude to not take advantage. In a straight line, the Evo is going to get its considerable rear kicked, but I trust it'll make people smile, if only because of its ridiculously angry face :sly:....

{Cy}

Nice :dopey:

I'm finding the same scenario except reverse for the RX-7. Hella fast at SSR5 but slower than hoped for at Motegi. I'm trying to figure out if it's gearing, dampers, or that I have officially killed the left dpad button on old sweaty and had to switch to its ugly cousin, old dusty.:(

I'm finding the same scenario except reverse for the RX-7. Hella fast at SSR5 but slower than hoped for at Motegi. I'm trying to figure out if it's gearing, dampers, or that I have officially killed the left dpad button on old sweaty and had to switch to its ugly cousin, old dusty.:(
RX-7 loves SSR5, but the gearing seems lazy at Motegi to me and the lack of power options make it a tad tricky. Working on 3 tunes currently and it's shear madness, I like 1 until I go to the other track. Then I like the next and then the next. So far 1 is good at Motegi but slow at SSR5, THE OTHER 2 ARE FAST AT SSR5, but slower at Motegi:banghead:. Going to have to figure out the right one and just stick with it. You and old 'trusty' usually are faster than me, maybe I should try AT..............nah! :yuck:

Well, I put old sweaty on the operating table and fixed the left dpad problem, but let's just say the "up" button is now the one with the issues!:scared: So here it goes...

FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge
(Road Racers)
Car: RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
Track(s): Special Stage Route 5
Twin Ring Motegi East

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip Set to Real

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

This car will push thru the center all day every day at both tracks, but with the grace of terrible gearing and the rear end deciding to do its own thing at Motegi, it's sure to be a handful for the testers!:P

image.jpg

In Xande blue of course!
image.jpg

Last edited:
Back