FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
MR2 tune OK , the no ballast & light weight is the fastest option. Also the most difficult to match a still drivable setting .:nervous:
DF: 1:33.0xx
Eiger: 1:18.5xx

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°

MR2 1: 18.5 ** lap time to beat (Eiger)
1:. *** 33 DF
good job of controlling one hard drive, but not sure does miracles.

I'm having trouble with my pedals do not work so I spent the accelerator and brake to the wheel, but I'm still adapting this so hard to tune, but not give up. My Mitsubishi GTO SR '95 1:19. *** Eiger
1:34. *** DF. but you guys certainly improve these times:banghead::cheers:

Last edited:
MR2 1: 18.5 ** lap time to beat (Eiger)
1:. *** 33 DF
good job of controlling one hard drive, but not sure does miracles.

I'm having trouble with my pedals do not work so I spent the accelerator and brake to the wheel, but I'm still adapting this so hard to tune, but not give up. My Mitsubishi GTO SR '95 1:19. *** Eiger
1:34. *** DF. but you guys certainly improve these times:banghead::cheers:
You can do anything you put your mind to. Throttle and breaks on the wheel is tuff to do I tried that at a friends house

I spent over six hundred miles on the AE86. I got down to 1:19.121. I was happy with the time.

Bought a MR2, beefed it up to 420, and made one adjustment to the LSD. Time after 5 minutes in the MR2: 1:19.112.

I need to find a concrete wall to place a target on that says, "Bang head here." :banghead:

Edit:
Plenty of time left so no need to rush. (tuning doesn't strictly open until Monday and then there is 2 weeks until deadline)

princess-bride-2.jpg

There are several people already working on their tunes. I think the start date is a little irrelevant. :) You can't tease us with a challenge and then hold off. That's like waving a chocolate bar infront of a kid and telling him, "Not till next week."

Last edited:
If it was supposed to be easy then it wouldn't be called a challenge now would it? ;)
I`m loving this challenge! I`d given up on the MR2. It was last months difficult car and it beat me.👎 Hundreds of testing miles and nothing to show for it. But, now with new motivation, going up against the best in the business, I am a rejuvenated tuner!:)👍

I`m loving this challenge! I`d given up on the MR2. It was last months difficult car and it beat me.👎 Hundreds of testing miles and nothing to show for it. But, now with new motivation, going up against the best in the business, I am a rejuvenated tuner!:)👍
So very true. Hard to decide on the route to take it, slow and steady or fast and loose and hope the testers can control it

1:19.0xx in the Civic at Eiger at the moment, I'm surprisingly fond of this thing even though its an FF :lol:
It's a good car, but like the mr2 it's got a very odd diff, at least to me no matter the setting it spins out both tires, and the mr2 spins the outside tire, only the the 86 can be set the way I want but it's got so much bloody torque for its weight that's all it does I a spin the tires.

It's a good car, but like the mr2 it's got a very odd diff, at least to me no matter the setting it spins out both tires, and the mr2 spins the outside tire, only the the 86 can be set the way I want but it's got so much bloody torque for its weight that's all it does I a spin the tires.
You've just got to do what you can to reduce the load on the tyres and stop them peaking, I've managed to tame the wheelspin by keeping it naturally aspirated, using camber and minimising the gap between Initial and Accel in the diff so its nice and smooth

I'm in this just for review and feedback :lol: Don't hold anything against me if I deliberately using the testers as my test drivers :lol: My both entries have high preload and lock LSD, it will be good practice to be steady on the gas ( half throttle/coast will be handsomely rewarded with traction from mid corner, too much throttle will be DOOM :lol: )

I'm in this just for review and feedback :lol: Don't hold anything against me if I deliberately using the testers as my test drivers :lol: My both entries have high preload and lock LSD, it will be good practice to be steady on the gas ( half throttle/coast will be handsomely rewarded with traction from mid corner, too much throttle will be DOOM :lol: )
Well that sounds like so much fun for us X throttle users!:lol:

I have a question. It may have been asked and answered already, but ill ask it anyway. :) I have read the rules and regs for this challenge. I think I am tuning cars in line with them but it doesn't mention ballast in the first post outlining general rules. Is ballast allowed and if so, if there a limit on how much ballast can be used?

So very true. Hard to decide on the route to take it, slow and steady or fast and loose and hope the testers can control it
I think/hope? I`ve found a nice balance between the two. Need to leave it for a few days and try it again. The diff was hard to set because the back slides before the inside wheel spins causing the outside wheel to always spin first.:banghead: The data logger/watching replays in chase cam came in really handy for diagnosing that. I don`t think that the rules allow for the best possible tune of the MR2. I think it needs more than a 15mm rake and a custom transmission. But my tune is pretty decently balanced. It`ll do easy 1:20`s at eiger and 10,000pts sector mode drift at eiger too.;)
I have a question. It may have been asked and answered already, but ill ask it anyway. :) I have read the rules and regs for this challenge. I think I am tuning cars in line with them but it doesn't mention ballast in the first post outlining general rules. Is ballast allowed and if so, if there a limit on how much ballast can be used?
No ballast limit, just keep within PP limit.👍

Can I join as a tester for the street classics ?
You most certainly can, just be sure that all cars are built to correct spec and are tested fairly and equally. If you have any questions then feel free to ask 👍

You are free to use ballast as you please 👍
My Civic isn't bad at Eiger but it lacks pace at DF, I've not entirely settled on it as my choice yet, going to have a look at the others and see what works best

Well that sounds like so much fun for us X throttle users!:lol:
Mad dash tapping!!!! :lol:

I think/hope? I`ve found a nice balance between the two. Need to leave it for a few days and try it again. The diff was hard to set because the back slides before the inside wheel spins causing the outside wheel to always spin first.:banghead: The data logger/watching replays in chase cam came in really handy for diagnosing that. I don`t think that the rules allow for the best possible tune of the MR2. I think it needs more than a 15mm rake and a custom transmission. But my tune is pretty decently balanced. It`ll do easy 1:20`s at eiger and 10,000pts sector mode drift at eiger too.

It's a matter of finding the right settings to keep the weight transfer to a minimum and how brave the drive is to slide the car, this car is the definition of gripping slides it's near impossible to not slide the car it's just a question of how stable and controlled it can be in the slide. Do it right and the car is gone like a shot do it wrong and your in the wall or facing the wrong way.

It's a matter of finding the right settings to keep the weight transfer to a minimum and how brave the drive is to slide the car, this car is the definition of gripping slides it's near impossible to not slide the car it's just a question of how stable and controlled it can be in the slide. Do it right and the car is gone like a shot do it wrong and your in the wall or facing the wrong way.
Yeah, spot on! Its been a real balancing act! Its got to be light enough to get the best power/weight ratio, but heavy enough to make the stiff springs (you need to control the roll) supple enough for the bumps on deep forrest.:banghead:

Sounds like the Civic and MR2 are getting lots of love for the street classics. Might be cheeky, but are tuners far enough along to say what car they are tuning (tally list) or is it a big surprise to be revealed when the tune is posted?:sly:

I already have the cars chosen long ago since @DolHaus planned it :P Civic and NSX. Both has been made about a month ago or so :D I do have several choices, like my AMR MR2 replica that graced the Difficult car thread @XS and my Drift Bible Nishizao SPL AE86. I built Lancer Evo IX track car replica, but that's for another day.

I have 2 Racers, one faster at SSR5, the other faster at Twin motegi:boggled: which to choose? Anyone willing to post their current times in this group:P

Back