FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
-FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge (street car )

Mitsubishi GTO SR '95
. The Mitsubishi GTO is a sports car built by JapaneseautomakerMitsubishi Motors between 1990 and 2001. In most export markets it was rebadged as aMitsubishi 3000GT. It was also imported and sold by Chrysler in North America as a Dodge Stealthcaptive import from the 1991 to 1996 model years with only minor detail/appearance differences; mechanically, the two cars were identical. The Mitsubishi GTO, or Mitsubishi 3000GT, and Dodge Stealth design was the result of the collaborative effort between Chrysler and its Japanese partner,Mitsubishi Motors. It took its name from the Galant GTO, a two-door hardtopcoupésold by the company in the early 1970s, which got its name from the Ferrari GTO[disambiguation needed], which means Gran Turismo Omologato. In Japan, it was sold at a specific retail chain called Car Plaza.

TUNING & MAINTENANCE

.Wheels (RAYS 57Xtre...)

.paint body (Azzurro)

.paint wheels (nero )

TUNING PARTS

.Suspension Kit (height-adjustable,fully customizable,suspension)

.Brake kits

.Fully Customizacle Dog-clutch Transmission

.Twin-plate clutch kit

.Carbon drve shaft

.Fully Cust. M.limited slip Diff.

.Torque-distribution center Differential

.Engine (stage 1)

.Weight Redution (stage 3)

.Performance points = 420

.Max. Power =230 HP / 6,500 rpm

.Weight = 1,304 Kg

.Max. Torque = 212,6 ft-lb / 4,600 rpm

.Front/Rear Weight Distribution = 58 : 42

.Displacement = 2,972 cc

.Power-to-weight ratio 5,66 Kg/HP

.Drivetrain = 4WD

.Tires Confort:mediun

.SUSPENSION --------------------------BRAKE DISCS & CALIPERS

105 (F)ride height (R) 103 ---------------- 5 (F) / (R) 6

11,36 (F)spring rate (R) 9,19

5 (F) dampers (comp:) (R) 6

7 (F) dampers (ext: ) (R) 8

5 (F) anti-rool bars (R) 4

.Camber angle(-)

1,4 (F) / (R) 1,2

.Toe angle

-0,10 (F) / (R) + 0,14

.Transmission (six-speed transmission)

.LSD

09 (F) / (R) 15

13 (F) / (R) 21

21 (F) / (R) 34

.Torque-distrbuting c.dif .

28 (F) / (R) 72

.Power

P.Limiter = 97,7 %
Eiger_Nordwand_Short_Track.jpg

.like big cars but this GTO'95 in comparison with toyota MR2 1600G'86, and heavier 200 Kg'mesmo so the difference of HP for toyota and only 15HP.
have fun testers.:cheers:👍

Last edited:
-FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge (street car )

Mitsubishi GTO SR '95
. The Mitsubishi GTO is a sports car built by JapaneseautomakerMitsubishi Motors between 1990 and 2001. In most export markets it was rebadged as aMitsubishi 3000GT. It was also imported and sold by Chrysler in North America as a Dodge Stealthcaptive import from the 1991 to 1996 model years with only minor detail/appearance differences; mechanically, the two cars were identical. The Mitsubishi GTO, or Mitsubishi 3000GT, and Dodge Stealth design was the result of the collaborative effort between Chrysler and its Japanese partner,Mitsubishi Motors. It took its name from the Galant GTO, a two-door hardtopcoupésold by the company in the early 1970s, which got its name from the Ferrari GTO[disambiguation needed], which means Gran Turismo Omologato. In Japan, it was sold at a specific retail chain called Car Plaza.

TUNING & MAINTENANCE

.Wheels (RAYS 57Xtre...)

.paint body (Azzurro)

.paint wheels (nero )

TUNING PARTS

.Suspension Kit (height-adjustable,fully customizable,suspension)

.Brake kits

.Fully Customizacle Dog-clutch Transmission

.Triple-plate clutch kit

.Carbon drve shaft

.Fully Cust. M.limited slip Diff.

.Torque-distribution center Differential

.Engine (stage 1)

.Weight Redution (stage 3)

.Performance points = 420

.Max. Power =230 HP / 6,500 rpm

.Weight = 1,304 Kg

.Max. Torque = 212,6 ft-lb / 4,600 rpm

.Front/Rear Weight Distribution = 58 : 42

.Displacement = 2,972 cc

.Power-to-weight ratio 5,66 Kg/HP

.Drivetrain = 4WD

.Tires Confort:mediun

.SUSPENSION --------------------------BRAKE DISCS & CALIPERS

105 (F)ride height (R) 103 ---------------- 5 (F) / (R) 6

11,36 (F)spring rate (R) 9,19

5 (F) dampers (comp:) (R) 6

7 (F) dampers (ext: ) (R) 8

5 (F) anti-rool bars (R) 4

.Camber angle(-)

1,4 (F) / (R) 1,2

.Toe angle

-0,10 (F) / (R) + 0,14

.Transmission (six-speed transmission)

.LSD

09 (F) / (R) 15

13 (F) / (R) 21

21 (F) / (R) 34

.Torque-distrbuting c.dif .

28 (F) / (R) 72

.Power

P.Limiter = 97,7 %
Eiger_Nordwand_Short_Track.jpg

.like big cars but this GTO'95 in comparison with toyota MR2 1600G'86, and heavier 200 Kg'mesmo so the difference of HP for toyota and only 15HP.
have fun testers.:cheers:👍

Hello Xande, you have a triple plate clutch in your parts list,in the regulations on the front page it only mentions a twin plate clutch, I don't think it would make too much of a difference but you might want to check with DolHaus.

Hello Xande, you have a triple plate clutch in your parts list,in the regulations on the front page it only mentions a twin plate clutch, I don't think it would make too much of a difference but you might want to check with DolHaus.
It don´t make any performance difference but you´re right, double plate clutch only..;)

It don´t make any performance difference but you´re right, double plate clutch only..;)
There is just the slightest difference in performance between the double and triple clutch...we are talking very small but it does have quicker gear changes. I might notice more than most with an auto transmission.👍

There is just the slightest difference in performance between the double and triple clutch...we are talking very small but it does have quicker gear changes. I might notice more than most with an auto transmission.👍
Sorry but i´ve tested this 3 monthes ago , no difference a all. 100% sure

I did some test with clutch & flywheels Standard / double / tripletriple
I´ve used low and medium and high power cars
Each categorie with cars power HP +-= Ft-lb torque and HP > Ft-lb torque

I´ve proceeded like this:
-Take a slope with a reference starting point at the down part and another one at the upper part.
I did this on Mount panorama reverse up the hill last downhill and on the final nordschleife straight ,starting down the last slope till the bilstein bridge as a reference.

-You have to perform a standing start full gas with auto transmission till the last reference point and check your speed at the pass.

My results are the same for all the cars.

Standard clutch = speed X
Double clucth = speed X + 1%
Triple clutch = speed X + 1%

Carbon drive shaft = X speed + 1%

So you will have a gain of speed of 1% with any double or triple clutch for any car any power any torque. (Perhaps some exceptions, i´ve tested only 6 representatives cars selected by range of power and Power x Torque ratio.)

More 1% gain of speed if you use a carbon drive shaft. Carbon drive shaft + double or triple clutch = speed X + 2%

This is my experience about this clutch question.

There are many conflicting ideas about which parts do and do not have a discernible affect, to keep it simple and to keep all parties as happy as can be we will run them as described by the tuner as long as it is within the rules of the contest 👍

If @xande1959 could change it to a twin plate to fit regulations that would be great, @praiano63 says that the number of clutch plates make no difference (as long as it is upgraded) and to be honest I've never noticed a discernible difference either so the effect on the tune should be nothing worth worrying about.

Good job @macdog54 for pointing it out, we all make mistakes sometimes and the earlier they can be spotted the sooner they can be amended :cheers:

I didn't go into the extent of torque being considered and I only tested 1 car, but when I did my test in June with an R8 rolling start at SSRX, auto transmission I found the opposite. I chose that configuration and not a standing start only because I thought it would give more consistent results. Although I did find that the stopwatch was not entirely accurate and it ticked me off not to do anymore "fine/detailed" testing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nevergiveup-garage-fitt-viper-tune.302113/page-4#post-9790849

Edit: @praiano63 you know I have nothing but respect for you :bowdown:so I don't mean to cause an argument (not really my style) but because I'm a lazy and uncoordinated 🤬 auto trans user, I'm always trying to find ways to help me try and keep up with you manual users! Perhaps I'll go back to it and try with a larger range of cars, it's just that timer issue really ticked me off!👍

Last edited:
I didn't go into the extent of torque being considered and I only tested 1 car, but when I did my test in June with an R8 rolling start at SSRX, auto transmission I found the opposite. I chose that configuration and not a standing start only because I thought it would give more consistent results. Although I did find that the stopwatch was not entirely accurate and it ticked me off not to do anymore "fine/detailed" testing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nevergiveup-garage-fitt-viper-tune.302113/page-4#post-9790849
According to the description the Triple Plate is more prone to dropping revs on low powered cars when going up hill, I cannot say I have encountered this but I haven't been looking for it to be fair, I tend to favour the Twin Plate personally because its cheaper and has no apparent downsides 👍
Maybe it does have more of an effect on automatic transmissions but like most things in this game it will be hard to prove one way or the other :banghead:

:ouch::ouch: been using a triple plate out of habit :ouch::ouch: :lol:
ohh well.
IIRC the speed difference in shift time between a double and triple plate is only 30-50 ms the timers in game don't go that fine of a detail so see the shift time difference. How ever it has been my experience that when paired with a the Fully Customizable Dog clutch the double and triple plate clutches give differing amounts of shift torque the triple "hits" harder than the double. Technically a Dog clutch can not be slipped or it will destroy it's self, so a double or triple plate upgrade would have no effect.
I'll see if i can figure out how to test this theory, thinking a higher power car with tires that just barely hang on under throttle so any change in torque will cause slip that can be seen momentarily in the data logger.

Higher grip tire would make it more noticeable too, sports and comfort tire has good amount slippage easily seen on wheel speed vs vehicle speed in data logger. I think best to test on FF cars like Integra at around 200+HP.

The only way I can think of to identify the shift time difference would be to get a recording and break it down frame by frame. I think relying on in game data leaves too many variables, its very difficult to consistently identify tiny margins.

As far as I'm aware the point of extra clutch plates in real life is to spread the extra torque load across more surface area in order to resist slippage, the less slip there is the faster and more efficient the power transfer will be. The downside is that because you are operating 2 or 3 times the amount of mechanical parts you need more force to operate the clutch and sensitivity is decreased, you will often hear people mention that the clutch pedal feels a lot heavier and more aggressive in cars fitted with an uprated clutch system.
Unless an engine was generating a colossal amount of torque and needed to apply all of it at once (ie. top end drag racing) a triple plate clutch would have more negative qualities than positive such as extra weight, increased mechanical drag reducing wheel horse power, increased amount of mechanical parts to go wrong and increased stress on other parts of the drive line/engine.

Being that the clutch isn't modelled and neither is mechanical damage, I can't see how it would make a real difference. That said, if it didn't make a difference then why would it be there? Why wouldn't they just put a singular clutch upgrade pack in place instead?

Street Classics

Mitsubishi GTO SR '95

Tune here

GTO Eiger Nordwand Short Track_1.jpg

Road Racers

Acura NSX LM Race Car '91

Tune here

NSX Special Stage Route 5.jpg

Note to testers. The GTO can be driven quite aggressively. It won't bite you back but if you push it too hard, it will let you know. :) For the NSX however, Throttle control is required for some tight corners, I use the X button on DS3 (which I'm not sure is working at optimum performance) and it required me to feather the throttle. Button bashing will light up the rear wheels and create a smoke screen on slow, tight corners so be a little cautious with throttle input at times.

Alternatively, the wheels lighting up may be my driving technique but I'm sure all you better drivers will get more time out of this tune than I managed too. :) Best of luck with these tunes.

@DolHaus just so you know, you have me listed twice on the Racers list. Itold you I was going to tune and you listed me, said I would try and test if time permits. After you changed deadlines, I realized that I should be able to test I said to mark me down as a tester but that I would only tune Racers since my original post stated that I may tune Classics. Sorry for the confusion.

@DolHaus just so you know, you have me listed twice on the Racers list. Itold you I was going to tune and you listed me, said I would try and test if time permits. After you changed deadlines, I realized that I should be able to test I said to mark me down as a tester but that I would only tune Racers since my original post stated that I may tune Classics. Sorry for the confusion.
Please state which contests you are tuning and testing in and I will update the list
ie.

Tuning:

Testing:

Thank you

Not so fast, I'm just about to ask to be put down for tuning an MR2, and let's just say Comfort/Meds aren't my friend!:yuck:
....suicide I say suicdie!

Have you posted tunes yet? just had a scan through and didn't see anything?

Its a tricky one, that's for sure, the tires seem to be made of Teflon
I don't be leave he has posted his tune links just yet.
Some CS tires would have these cars much more drivable

Have you posted tunes yet? just had a scan through and didn't see anything?

Its a tricky one, that's for sure, the tires seem to be made of Teflon

Not yet, but I have posted the replica it will be roughly based on, on my garage, it's not an ad :P I am thinking running similar rake, but the rule only allows 15mm difference :lol:

ACTIVE TRACTION SERVICE / ACROSS
HONDA Civic EG6 Race Car Replica

Tuned to replicate ATS/Across Civic Race Car
Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : Honda Civic SiR-II ( EG ) '95
Tire : Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 247 HP at 8300 RPM
Torque : 159.1 ft-lb at 7800 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 876 kg
Ballast : 2 kg
Ballast Position : -50
Weight Distribution : 58 / 42
Performance Points: 452

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY as the real car has roll cage and extensive chassis reinforcement.
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type C
Wheels : Standard Size RAYS TE37V in White
Car Paint : Pure White or any solid white.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - J's Racing CRUX SPL Racing Coilover Damper Kit with CRAFT Spings ( 630/560 )
Medium Camber with Rake - Real Life Based

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 90 120
Spring Rate: 11.25 10.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 8
Dampers (Extension): 7 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 2.0 1.3
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.00

Suspension - J's Racing CRUX SPL Racing Coilover Damper Kit with CRAFT Spings ( 630/560 )
Low Camber with NO Rake

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 90 90
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.3
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.00

No Front Camber with NO Rake

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 90 90
Camber Angle: 0.0 1.3
Toe Angle: -0.10 0.05

LSD - 1.5 way ATS LSD Type D20 ( 20 Internal Disc with 45 Cam Angle )
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Stock Gearing with ATS Final Gear 4.928
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.400
Set Auto Max Speed at 310kmh / 193mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.230
2nd 2.105
3rd 1.458
4th 1.107
5th 0.848
6th 0.806 ( IGNORE THIS - for authenticity )
Set Final to 4.928 - for higher top speed, use lower final : 4.710, 4.400, 4.267, 4.000 or for shorter top speed : 5.167

AERO
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/4 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 4/5 for example.
Notes :

I made this race car replica long ago, forgotten in my own garage :lol:

The replica is based on ATS & Across Civic Si Race Car built and run by ATS USA. The real car has 218+ at the wheel HP engine - about 247HP at the crank with 10-15% calculated HP driveline loss. Engine is specially built by J's Racing using TODA Racing parts, J's Racing ECU and fuel system, ATS drive line parts ( Clutch, LSD and Final Gear ). Weight at 1930lbs with no driver - about 876kg. Weight distribution is at 58/42 - with only 2kg ballast possible, this is the best I can get. Most lightweight Civic EG race cars has 60/40 or 59/41 distribution, so it's not bad :P The ATS/Across Civic has mostly J's Racing parts, from exhaust to body work ( GT wing, hood, front spoiler, racing radiator, racing diff cooler etc )

Suspension comes from J's Racing CRUX SPL Coilover Damper coupled with CRAFT springs. The real spring rate can't be achieved in GT6 as they are very high, so I choose to adapt the value ratio and make do with 11.25/10.00 spring rate. I have also adapted the ride height ( rake - lower rear ), this has reversed effect in GT6, giving less rotation, but I tuned the damper, ARB, and toe to combat this. Camber is set at 2.0/1.3, based on typical mild camber setup for EG6 race/track car. I have also provided additional suspension setup with different alignment and ride height ( no rake, low camber and no camber ) These additional setup will give better rotation that might be beneficial for online racing.

ATS LSD type D20 has been used on the real car, with aggressive super strong locking performance, equipped with 20 internal discs, 45 cam angle and 1.5 way setup. The LSD inGT6 has been setup with medium preload, and locking rate to reflect real car LSD performance. Gear ratio remain stock with only ATS high final gear used ( 4.928 ). I have provided several additional final gear ratio based on MFactory Final Gear Set.

The car has been built to be versatile, it can be run on comfort soft to racing hard tires. With Sports Soft and Racing Hard, the handling and grip limit is exceptional, and gives the feeling of actual Civic race car :P Fit SS or RH and drive at Green Hell for great driving fun.

If wanted the car for 450PP racing, simply use the power limiter :).

I mainly tuned and tested the car at Tsukuba, Nordschleife, Silverstone GP and Suzuka. At Silverstone GP and SS tire, it managed consistent 2:20s lap, which is quick for less than 250HP FF car. I have also provided below in attachment, the replay of the run, enjoy the view.

ENJOY :cheers:

View attachment 203660 View attachment 203662 View attachment 203663 View attachment 203664 View attachment 203665 View attachment 203666 View attachment 203667 View attachment 203668

There's a replay included there as well with the run at Silverstone GP at 2:20s :P Fit RH or SS tire and whoaaa at green hell :lol:

Not so fast, I'm just about to ask to be put down for tuning an MR2, and let's just say Comfort/Meds aren't my friend!:yuck:

Not sure if that's a good news to me :lol:

Last edited:
Back