FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

I have built the scoring sheet for Spec Miata. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...all-tunes-by-5-pm-please.303511/#post-9366694

I put fake times and driver's choice numbers in so that everyone can see how my scoring sheets work. Once the first set of test drive results are posted, I will clear the sheet and add the results live. The sheet is set up to automatically re-rank the tunes after each update.

Note to Test Drivers:
It would be very helpful if you could post your results in the same order as they are listed on the scoring sheet. It will save me some time and reduce the changes of me making a typo.

Let me know if anyone has questions about the scoring sheet or the scoring method.

You don't have me down for being the fastest at everything....it's like you have ESP or something!:lol:

Tune for SCCA Spec Miata.

MX 5 J Limited (NA-J) 91

Painted Mercury Cardinal Red

370 PP
135 HP
950 KG
5 Speed Transmission

Parts Installed

Full Custom Suspension
Full Custom LSD
Engine Stage 1
Isometric Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Body Colour Hood
Window weight Reduction
1 inch up rims.

Suspension

Ride Height
F 125 R 125
Spring Rate
F 9.90 R 8.25
Compression
F 5 R 3
Extension
F 5 R 4
Anti Roll Bars
F 4 R 4
Camber
F 0 R 0
Toe
F -0.09 R 0.00

LSD
13/16/10

Power Limiter
93.7%
Engine Stage 1
Isometric Manifold
Intake Tuning

Body
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
91 KGS @ +50

Thanks Hami for your patience.
Sorry testers for being late,my apologies.
No time for pic,back to moving furniture.

Last edited:
View attachment 122931

Maybe I've just made that name up then haha. :cheers:

Here's my other setup, not got much time so I've just taken some photos of the tv screen. Will tart it up when I next can.
We do sometimes call them splitters on this side of the pond so you're not on your own.
Personal question: Do you know a lad called Sam De Putron? (he lives/lived in jersey i believe, although it might have been guernsey lol)

We do sometimes call them splitters on this side of the pond so you're not on your own.
Personal question: Do you know a lad called Sam De Putron? (he lives/lived in jersey i believe, although it might have been guernsey lol)

Nope haha, Jersey is a small place and everyone knows everybody pretty much but the name doesn't ring a bell. Friend of yours?

@Motor City Hami tune is posted here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-by-5-pm-please.303511/page-13#post-9412377

This is gonna be a huge testing effort and I'm actually looking forward to getting back into the seat with reviewing cars. I may take tonight and just geek out on creating a spreadsheet with everyone's tuning settings. Mostly for me but I'll share it in case it's helpful to anyone else.

Everything has been well handled so far Hami, excellent job with this complex idea of yours!

This is gonna be a huge testing effort and I'm actually looking forward to getting back into the seat with reviewing cars. I may take tonight and just geek out on creating a spreadsheet with everyone's tuning settings. Mostly for me but I'll share it in case it's helpful to anyone else.

Everything has been well handled so far Hami, excellent job with this complex idea of yours!

I've already geeked out and have a comparison sheet from GT5, with some minor adjustments it could be brought up to speed for GT6. But I agree, Hami has done a great job organizing such a wide variety of challenges. Kudos to MR. Miata himself!

Done testing the SCCA Spec cars well the posted one waiting to see if @demonchilde gets his tune posted and @Motor City Hami allows is as it's past the extended deadline. that was fun :) on to the SCCA Improved touring cars tomorrow and I will post what I got :cheers:
I'm debating testing the other two classes but not sure I want to drive them tracks again so soon :banghead::crazy:

Last edited:
Done testing the SCCA Spec cars well the posted one waiting to see if @demonchilde gets his tune posted and @Motor City Hami allows is as it's past the extended deadline. that was fun :) on to the SCCA Improved touring cars tomorrow and I will post what I got :cheers:
I'm debating testing the other two classes but not sure I want to drive them tracks again so soon :banghead::crazy:
@Motor City Hami said that demonchilde is given an extention due to family emergency.
I am a flexible person. If you need a few more days to post your tunes, that is fine. I will allow it for family emergencies.

@Motor City Hami said that demonchilde is given an extention due to family emergency.

I sent a pm to @demonchilde. These competitions are supposed to be fun. I would rather have him in vs. out. Let's give him tonight to post. I will plan to link his tune tomorrow morning when I wake up at 6:30 am. I think he is on the same time zone so that extension is more than fair.

As for all other tunes, consider them locked - no changes allowed now.

I am super pleased at the number of entries. Thank you to all of the tuners. It means a lot to me to see this kind of interest and support. Also, it has been pretty cool to see how much green paint has been used in the entries. That has not gone unnoticed.

I am super pleased at the number of entries. Thank you to all of the tuners. It means a lot to me to see this kind of interest and support. Also, it has been pretty cool to see how much green paint has been used in the entries. That has not gone unnoticed.
Yeah, and knowing that I felt some pink was in order, and that matte pink actually looks pretty good/funny going around the track.

So, have you figured out a deadline for the photo challenge? Here is my submission by the way.
Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

@DaBomm4 that kinda reminds me of a power puff girl, bubbles I think it is, when she streaked in with her sisters, just the angle in the shot kinda looks like a smiling face. Nice drift btw.

@DaBomm4 that kinda reminds me of a power puff girl, bubbles I think it is, when she streaked in with her sisters, just the angle in the shot kinda looks like a smiling face. Nice drift btw.
Funny enough, you're right, it does look like the girls. And thanks, that drift was with the posted tune.

Right I knew that, lol got them mixed up.
I have two kids under 4 I've seen them all again, more funny the second time I get the over the top jokes
And don't be ashamed, it means your comfortable with your self and will watch what you like despite the opinion if the masses.

SCCA Spec Miata (Streets of Willow)

MX-5 J-Limited (NA) '91

Brakes standard: ABS 1: 8/9, if using ABS 0 then 8/7

Bread

We can only post one brake setting. Testers should use the posted ABS 1 number. Bread, can you edit your tune to show only the 8/9 brake balance. Thanks.

***Attention test drivers: If you are using the same car for multiple tunes (like using A, B and C settings) take note that when changing weight reduction parts that it makes the change to all three tunes. Please double check this before your test drive.***

The same thing happens with Engine Tuning stages.

Last edited:
Harsk100
SCCA Spec

MX-5 SR-Limited'97
Comfort Soft Tire

My suspension (Front/Rear)
Ride Height- 90/90
Spring Rate- 3.50/3.17
Bound- 10/3
Reboud- 10/3
Anti-Roll Bars- 7/3
Toe Angle- 0.0/0.0
Camber Angle- 0.00/0.20

Power: 135 HP
Weight: 950 kg
Weight Ballast: 39
Distribution of Weight: 52-48
Brakes- 5/5
Gearbox: 5 Speed Manual
Isometric Exhaust Collector
Power Limiter to 99.5 %
Weight reduction Level 1

Is this correct for your tune Harsk100? They were just asking that you try to put all of your tune as a single post that way it's easier to read and get to....

Lionheart - can you add Ballast Position to Harks tune? I do not see it listed, but to get to weight balance of 52:48 you need +45% Ballast Position.

Tune for SCCA Spec Miata.

MX 5 J Limited (NA-J) 91

Stock 5 Speed

I hope that I did not mislead you with my answer to your earlier question about transmissions. You can either use the standard transmission as you have listed or you could have used the purchased Five-Speed transmission. Everyone else in the Spec Miata class is using the purchased Five-Speed transmission. Would you like for the test drivers to use this too? If so, please let us know, then update your tune. Thanks.

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS ( NB,J ) '98 Turbo ( FITT MIATA Challenge version )

Tuning Parts Installed :

Weight Reduction Stage 1

I think this may be a typo. I cannot get down to 925 kg using weight reduction 1. If I use weight reduction stage 3, I hit 925 kg on the nose. Can you correct this in your tune link. Thanks.

Back