FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

Still haven't learnt a little courtesy? Is your goal to annoy the entire GTP community? If so congrats champ.:bowdown:
Well I wouldn't call it good fun, but enough of that :P
Thin ice here folks. Please re-read Rule 13 ( i.e. "The Play Nice Rule")and the site AUP. Whatever the prior history here I do not care for it to be brought into this thread. Please leave this elsewhere, thanks.

I hope that I did not mislead you with my answer to your earlier question about transmissions. You can either use the standard transmission as you have listed or you could have used the purchased Five-Speed transmission. Everyone else in the Spec Miata class is using the purchased Five-Speed transmission. Would you like for the test drivers to use this too? If so, please let us know, then update your tune. Thanks.
OK I will purchase the 5 speed give me a minute.

I hope that I did not mislead you with my answer to your earlier question about transmissions. You can either use the standard transmission as you have listed or you could have used the purchased Five-Speed transmission. Everyone else in the Spec Miata class is using the purchased Five-Speed transmission. Would you like for the test drivers to use this too? If so, please let us know, then update your tune. Thanks.
Thanks Hami. Yes I will put the purchased 5 Speed Transmission on the setup and have changed my post.

Last edited:
Tune for SCCA Spec Miata.

MX 5 J Limited (NA-J) 91

Painted Mercury Cardinal Red

370 PP
135 HP
950 KG
5 Speed Transmission

Parts Installed

Full Custom Suspension
Full Custom LSD
Engine Stage 1
Isometric Manifold
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Body Colour Hood
Window weight Reduction
1 inch up rims.

Suspension

Ride Height
F 125 R 125
Spring Rate
F 9.90 R 8.25
Compression
F 5 R 3
Extension
F 5 R 4
Anti Roll Bars
F 4 R 4
Camber
F 0 R 0
Toe
F -0.09 R 0.00

LSD
13/16/10

Power Limiter
93.7%
Engine Stage 1
Isometric Manifold
Intake Tuning

Body
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
91 KGS @ +50

Thanks Hami for your patience.
Sorry testers for being late,my apologies.
No time for pic,back to moving furniture.
I don't see a brake balance listed. Was it changed or left at 5/5?

I think this may be a typo. I cannot get down to 925 kg using weight reduction 1. If I use weight reduction stage 3, I hit 925 kg on the nose. Can you correct this in your tune link. Thanks.

Oh, shoot, it's a typo, should be weight reduction stage 3 :) Tune updated with corrected weight reduction part. Thank you :)👍

I guess the ads were added when we had site maintenance recently.

Oh, shoot, it's a typo, should be weight reduction stage 3 :) Tune updated with corrected weight reduction part. Thank you :)👍

I guess the ads were added when we had site maintenance recently.
By that right, Harsk100's parts list will need correcting as well, no?

Ads? What ads? :P

I guessed at parts...or more accurately only put down what Lion had in the post. Would be nice to have a full, accurate list.

Ads don't show for premium members.
Sorry guys
Brake balance
4 /6
Added to the sheet. 👍

Hami,

Thank you for hosting this challenge. I was hoping to be a tuner, but the suspension had me stumped and I was hoping to sort that out this weekend. Unfortunately, my wife's dog fell ill Saturday and passed this morning. I'll participate in the next one.

But what I find mind boggling is the amount of babysitting you are saddled with! So many people apparently can't follow the simple rules, and there are tune plagierists in our midst! You're handling these issues with far more diplomacy than I could. Hat's off to ya!

Harsk100 uses the same weight reduction if he wanted to get 925kg :), I think he should be more responsible to edit/finalize his own tune if he wanted to participate.

The ads : Now we have ads in between posts :( It's located at below first post on every page.

AHH, THAT'S WHY! We're PREMIUM!! Yes, that's it. :P

Ok, enough feeling smug, I didn't even get this premo myself I don't know what I'm feeling smug over. :lol:

Cmon testers, go go go!

EDIT: Currently I have open editing on the sheet. If anyone sees something amiss please feel free to change it. And if you feel like taking on the other tabs have at it! :D
Just something I decided to count, the improved touring will need at least 3 more rows for parts added, and of course, transmission. On iPod so it is a little difficult to try and help fill in the info. The spec Miata looks good though. 👍

Time to become a premium member I guess!
I just got around to building Harsk100's tune and edited my post to show parts and settings (guessing)
On a side note...Hami, are your links done straight to the posts? Every time in use a link it sends me to the top of the page that the tune is on, but then I have to scroll down to the particular post that has the tune. Not sure if it's me or the IPad.

Are you using safari? I use chrome on my iPod and I tested safari, stays at top like you say. So verdict, iPad/safari is your issue.

Are you using safari? I use chrome on my iPod and I tested safari, stays at top like you say. So verdict, iPad/safari is your issue.
When I use the links in my garage, it sends me straight to the post. Just tried it in your garage and the links work fine....strange! But yes, I'm using Safari.

When I use the links in my garage, it sends me straight to the post. Just tried it in your garage and the links work fine....strange! But yes, I'm using Safari.
I never used safari so I didn't think about it at first, but that is strange that it works in one place and not in another place.

***Attention test drivers: If you are using the same car for multiple tunes (like using A, B and C settings) take note that when changing weight reduction parts that it makes the change to all three tunes. Please double check this before your test drive.***

The same thing happens with Engine Tuning stages.

Hello Hami,
yes thank you for the info, ;)
Were I realized this is why I have one car with some tuning and the other with 3
good day 👍

I checked all the links, you're definitely registered for the tuning side of things. Unless you mean you want to test, then that's something different altogether. If you want to test, just say what class you want to test, and put the results in the doc MCH made/is going to make for all the classes.

Roadster Touring Car

6300946101_26c2870b5a.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix 3.66 miles

500PP
No Oil Changes
Body Rigidity allowed
No Engine Overhaul
Wings allowed
Any Rims allowed
Racing Hard Tires
Carbon Drive Shaft allowed
Power limiting 50% or above
Weight Reduction allowed
Full Ballast allowed

Lap time and driver’s choice as separate podiums.

Eligible Car List:
Mazda Roadster Touring Car
I'm going with Roadster Touring Car.

I checked all the links, you're definitely registered for the tuning side of things. Unless you mean you want to test, then that's something different altogether. If you want to test, just say what class you want to test, and put the results in the doc MCH made/is going to make for all the classes.

oops..., yes it's true, I did not specify either the class I'll test :rolleyes:
this will be the Mazda Roadster NC'07 450 PP Rotenboden
and if I have time I will also test the Touring Car 500 PP Silverstone
:)

Hey... where did these crappy ads in between posts come from all of a sudden? I guess we all should have been donating to Jordon along the way.

You know the really sad thing? I work in advertising. :boggled:
Well at least someone is making some money now from the 99% of this site that is spam and nonsense.

On a side note...Hami, are your links done straight to the posts?

Yes. Direct link to the post within this thread. I have not tried on my iPad, but works for me on Chrome on both phone and desktop.

@seb15000 & @Harsk100 - you have been added as testers. Thank you for signing up.

Hami,

Thank you for hosting this challenge. I was hoping to be a tuner, but the suspension had me stumped and I was hoping to sort that out this weekend. Unfortunately, my wife's dog fell ill Saturday and passed this morning. I'll participate in the next one.

But what I find mind boggling is the amount of babysitting you are saddled with! So many people apparently can't follow the simple rules, and there are tune plagierists in our midst! You're handling these issues with far more diplomacy than I could. Hat's off to ya!

Thanks man. I have some experience at this. I ran a remote controlled car racing series for about five years, called the Carpet Racing League. We traveled once a month to a different city and drew 100+ racers at each event. It was a huge amount of fun, but I did learn a bit about conflict management along the way. There is always one.

@DigitalBaka - I do think we need to develop a standardized entry form for the tunes. Without car sharing, this is a ton of work for the testers. It took me a few hours last night just to build Spec Miata and Improved Touring. Maybe a format is posted in the OP and everyone must copy/paste it into a post or maybe a Google Doc to enter your tune like you are building? Something.

The last FITT comp I built in blocks, then tested. This time i'm building then testing, which seems to be working better for me. The way @Motor City Hami has grouped the tunes makes this easy to do. Have only had problems with the 1 tune in spec class so far. Building is only a pain when submissions are incomplete!!

Back