FITT Old Vs. New Hatchback Challenge

Which pair of cars is the best looking of the bunch?

• Total voters
@Otaliema don't think I ever thanked you for tested my headaches. The old I was never comfortable or totally happy with. The newer a little bit happier. The hearing was long and avoided 67th to help with wheelspin. I didn't think it affected the time so I left it.

You got a good time out of the 04 so I'm happy with that:tup:

All test results updated. Lap times are on tab one and Driver's Choice are on tab two. Results for old car are in the top box, for the new car in the middle box and total results in the bottom box on each tab.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4N1jDCjSmsDU6LZzZumzhC6zRvCgLNauBWGGcZY7xM/edit?usp=sharing

Lap Time Podium:
1st - @Otaliema in the Mini Coopers
2nd - @Motor City Hami in the VW Golfs
3rd - @Bowtie-muscle in the Honda Civics

Honorable Mentions:
- The fastest old car was @Otaliema's Mini Cooper
- The fastest new car was @Bowtie-muscle's 2004 Civic Type R
- The fastest combined lap time of 226.654 seconds was run by @coryclifford with @Otaliema's Coopers
- @brian wolf missed the lap time podium by only 0.140 seconds
- @DolHaus missed the lap time podium by only 0.160 seconds

Driver's Choice Podium:
1st - @Motor City Hami in the VW Golfs
2nd - @Otaliema in the Mini Coopers
3rd - @coryclifford in the Honda Civics (not bad for his first ever FITT competition)

Honorable Mentions:
- @CSLACR missed the driver's choice podium by only 0.9 points
- @shaunm80 missed the driver's choice podium by only 1.1 points

Tens are not easy to come by. When a tester gives out a ten, it means that they thought the car was perfect for them. Seven tunes received a ten in this competition. I encourage everyone to take a peek inside these tunes and drive them to understand why these are so special.
- @krenkme in the Honda Life Step Van '72
- @Motor City Hami received two in the VW Golf I GTi '76
- @coryclifford received two in the Honda Civic Type R '04
- @Motor City Hami in the VW Golf V GTi '05
- @Otaliema in the Mini Cooper S '11

Thanks
First, thank you to all of the test drivers. I love this concept of old and new, but I did not anticipate how many tuners loved it too. Sorry for the enormous number of laps that you had to drive at Monaco. For those of you who test drove, you were exposed to a wide range of tuning styles. I hope that you picked up a few ideas to try in your future tuning.

Second, thank you for all of the tuners. I viewed every setup and there were some very creative approaches. Though I was not able to complete my testing in time, there are quite a few cars that I want to go back and drive again.

Lastly, thank you for your patience as my free time got swallowed up by life this past month. I don't know how much I will be around GT Planet over the summer months because the SCCA schedule is now in full swing. I have data to add to the car this week so I cannot wait to start getting track maps, driver inputs, air fuel data all overlapped with video.

Thanks again. I appreciate the community element of FITT more than I can express.

Keith

Thanks MC Hami, that was a lot of fun. Thanks to all you guys that made this fun for me with your cars and tunes for me to drive. Thanks for the 10s on the '04 Civic, thanks for all the comments on the cars and all that. I enjoyed about every minute of it, and you'll see me around in these FITT challenges more, I'm sure.

(I built a 525pp BMW to play with you guys, but felt more compelled to focus on the Academy for now)

Cheers.

@Motor City Hami Thank you for coming up with such a fun and great event. It was a bear to test for but in the end it was a great experience.
Congratulations to yourself for the DC win and second on lap time, to @Bowtie-muscle for pulling out a Third place with not being happy with his cars, and very big congratulations to @coryclifford for a 3rd DC in his very first challenge.
Congratulations to @krenkme, @coryclifford and @Motor City Hami for the 10's those are rare and the fact we had seven this time means there were some truly great tunes produced this challenge.

All test results updated. Lap times are on tab one and Driver's Choice are on tab two. Results for old car are in the top box, for the new car in the middle box and total results in the bottom box on each tab.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4N1jDCjSmsDU6LZzZumzhC6zRvCgLNauBWGGcZY7xM/edit?usp=sharing

Lap Time Podium:
1st - @Otaliema in the Mini Coopers
2nd - @Motor City Hami in the VW Golfs
3rd - @Bowtie-muscle in the Honda Civics

Honorable Mentions:
- The fastest old car was @Otaliema's Mini Cooper
- The fastest new car was @Bowtie-muscle's 2004 Civic Type R
- The fastest combined lap time of 226.654 seconds was run by @coryclifford with @Otaliema's Coopers
- @brian wolf missed the lap time podium by only 0.140 seconds
- @DolHaus missed the lap time podium by only 0.160 seconds

Driver's Choice Podium:
1st - @Motor City Hami in the VW Golfs
2nd - @Otaliema in the Mini Coopers
3rd - @coryclifford in the Honda Civics (not bad for his first ever FITT competition)

Honorable Mentions:
- @CSLACR missed the driver's choice podium by only 0.9 points
- @shaunm80 missed the driver's choice podium by only 1.1 points

Tens are not easy to come by. When a tester gives out a ten, it means that they thought the car was perfect for them. Seven tunes received a ten in this competition. I encourage everyone to take a peek inside these tunes and drive them to understand why these are so special.
- @krenkme in the Honda Life Step Van '72
- @Motor City Hami received two in the VW Golf I GTi '76
- @coryclifford received two in the Honda Civic Type R '04
- @Motor City Hami in the VW Golf V GTi '05
- @Otaliema in the Mini Cooper S '11

Thanks
First, thank you to all of the test drivers. I love this concept of old and new, but I did not anticipate how many tuners loved it too. Sorry for the enormous number of laps that you had to drive at Monaco. For those of you who test drove, you were exposed to a wide range of tuning styles. I hope that you picked up a few ideas to try in your future tuning.

Second, thank you for all of the tuners. I viewed every setup and there were some very creative approaches. Though I was not able to complete my testing in time, there are quite a few cars that I want to go back and drive again.

Lastly, thank you for your patience as my free time got swallowed up by life this past month. I don't know how much I will be around GT Planet over the summer months because the SCCA schedule is now in full swing. I have data to add to the car this week so I cannot wait to start getting track maps, driver inputs, air fuel data all overlapped with video.

Thanks again. I appreciate the community element of FITT more than I can express.

Keith
Thanks for a fun challenge, just not for my old Civic. Very pleased with how the '04 turned out, better finish than I expected. Great idea, the track and me just do not mix well.

Anyway, congrats to you and @Otaliema for battling out the top spots 👍.
And thanks to all the testers for their hard work and time.:)

Congratulations to everyone involved. I've been sitting in the grandstand opposite the pits and have thoroughly enjoyed watching it all unfold.
Special mention goes to @coryclifford
Well done on a podium placing first time out of pitlane.
:dunce: sorry @coryclifford for forgetting you, congrats on third in DC. Well done, with a field this big and doubled by the number of cars, very very impressive.👍

Thanks, B-muscle. 👍

And I hope I wasn't too uh, not candy coating enough :D in my descriptions of other tunes. Much more of a, tell it to me straight kinda guy. 👍

It was really fun, and I've been invited to the BMW thing, but I think I'll sit it out. Though I kinda wanna, but I kinda wanna focus on this stupid GTA round 4. Which I'm kind of avoiding because it's maddening! :mad:

Nor am I sure I want to drive that many differently tuned cars again. Oye.

Thanks, B-muscle. 👍

And I hope I wasn't too uh, not candy coating enough :D in my descriptions of other tunes. Much more of a, tell it to me straight kinda guy. 👍

It was really fun, and I've been invited to the BMW thing, but I think I'll sit it out. Though I kinda wanna, but I kinda wanna focus on this stupid GTA round 4. Which I'm kind of avoiding because it's maddening! :mad:

If you want to be involved in the BMW event, you will have to let me and bowtie know by Sunday, that will be the last day for new entrants for tuning. You are still welcome to join should you change your mind :)

Thanks, B-muscle. 👍

You could just tune a car and not go testing them all, I can understand if this challenge wore you out from testing almost 40 cars. Always glad to have another tune come in. :cheers:

Thanks, B-muscle. 👍

You do not need to feel as though you have to test also. I have a BMW with your name on it. One tune only if all you want is to tune.

Think about it, and if you change your mind, PM Shaun and myself. Still time to join in.

Back