FITT Stingray (C7) Challenge. Congratulations To the podium finishers. See results for who won.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 408 comments
@Otaliema : Sign me up as tuna :) Did some more laps, used body rigidity tune on a new car with no rigidity, free up the car well and did 1:33.1s 1st lap with bad 1st turn entry ( lock up ) and another slow entry, red lapped 1:32s :grumpy: So, it's fine I guess.

The only change it needs to drive like it had body rigidity is simply increase ARB on both axle by 1.

The car is based on C7R replica ( loose setup ) in my garage with very little change to fit the rules and more camber, lots more :lol:, so yeah, and it has flat floor :D, slow on top speed, 181mph I think, still 6 speed.

Last edited:
Not to be a pain but......is +1 inch mandatory?
Will stick to the rules either way, have several versions of this car, but none at this spec. Love this car though, fantastic choice 👍

Edit: @Ridox2JZGTE
I would assume 1.34 would be slow, 1.32 Easy.
Yep, I agree bowtie... 1:32.6xx in 2 laps, and that is bringing it up to spec only lowering the LSD Accel to 20. It does help using all 7 gears.👍
Flat floor costs loads of time in the 5,000M run (over 3 seconds and 7mph)

Ya, go ahead. I think I can dig up the time.
Added sir.

@Otaliema : Sign me up as tuna :) Did some more laps, used body rigidity tune on a new car with no rigidity, free up the car well and did 1:33.1s 1st lap with bad 1st turn entry ( lock up ) and another slow entry, red lapped 1:32s :grumpy: So, it's fine I guess.

The only change it needs to drive like it had body rigidity is simply increase ARB on both axle by 1.

The car is based on C7R replica ( loose setup ) in my garage with very little change to fit the rules and more camber, lots more :lol:, so yeah, and it has flat floor :D, slow on top speed, 181mph I think.
Taken off tenitive list.

Don't forget braking distance, flat floor allows later braking ( shortening it ), at least this what I have to deal with as I don't use brake assist, with no flat floor, I have to brake earlier, and more careful modulating it as it's easier to overcome the tire grip with brake force due to less downforce.

The brake point on the main straight is around 150m mark with flat floor from 180-181mph top speed ( use the small black box as cue ), with no flat floor, reaching over 185mph, brake much earlier, this also applies to the most of the track braking point.

Flat floors help through the bends though by carrying more speed. That is what I have found anyway. Everyone knows in a straight line non flat floor cars are faster :)
Very true, I just didn't realise how much faster the non flat floor was compared to having it. I'm not willing to give up "the speed" (ref Jeremy Clarkson) on that last turn/straight. Besides, I just figured out where my brake point is into turn 1!:dunce:

My tune is basically done. 45 minutes of trying this and adjusting that got me nowhere. Will recheck in a day or two, but don't want to be the first to post. And I was disappointed with my best lap :mischievous:

Well the weather finally cooperated today so I will actually get some track time see what I lay down with this car now to go bronze or silver....maybe red for my wife. It's her favorite car line.

I'm at a 31.078 and see 194 before braking. :D
You half alien.....:lol:
Want to test this challenge? Wouldn't mind a quick driver to show us what this baby can do and give some honest feedback ;)

Red Jewel Tintcoat
Bridgewater Bronze
Inferno Orange Metallic
Take your pick :D
Was thinking Some bright red body with a bronze wing and silver wheels ;) cover my bases

You half alien.....:lol:
Want to test this challenge? Wouldn't mind a quick driver to show us what this baby can do and give some honest feedback ;)

Was thinking Some bright red body with a bronze wing and silver wheels ;) cover my bases
Shhhhhh...........
Ran a 1:31.2xx, disappointed I didn't get under 31. But it was only a 5 lap run, fastest was lap 3.:sly:

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 '14 C7R Base Model
Early Build Replica ( Flat Floor ver. )
FITT Version

Special Build Corvette Stingray C7R Race Car
Sports Soft

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_99.jpg

CAR : Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 '14
Tire : Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 564 HP at 6800 RPM
Torque: 521.1 ft-lb at 5400 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1290 kg
Ballast : 60 kg
Ballast Position : -37
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 as in real life C7R
Performance Points: 592

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type B
Flat Floors Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type B
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height -2 and Width +2
Wheels : +1 Inch Up - BBS LM-R in Black Mica
Car Paint : Indy Yellow Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Alternative Suspension + LSD ( Loose )
Suspension -C7R Custom Coilover ( Alternate version - Loose )

Front, Rear
Ride Height: 95 95
Spring Rate: 17.00 18.50
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 6 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 4
Camber Angle: 2.5 2.5
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

LSD - 1.5 Way Medium Preload ( Alternate version - Loose )
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 5

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - XTRAC 416 Sequential 6 Speed
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.020
Set Auto Max Speed to 280kmh / 174mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.148
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000
7th 0.830 ( IGNORE - for authenticity )
Final Gear : 3.000

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:
5/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/8, for ABS 1 5/8 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Aaaa, yeah, C7 Stingray with flat floor, snail on the straight, snake on the turn, not so quick, but I wanted to use one of my old build for this event. I only changed front damper, used the loose setup, alter 2nd gear ratio, and install power part and add weight to fit into the reg limit.

I could make it more eager to turn in by further tweaking front damper, or add rotation on exit using rear damper, but I kept it this way, I don't want to risk more drivers sliding about :P

The car is stiff, it will be tight to drive, I recommend hood view for better line attack on entry and holding speed around apex. Braking can be aggressive with added downforce from flat floor, be brave, and it may hold speed well on the oval part, go high and aim low shift to 6th early, hold it till the 1st turn braking. NEVER USE 7th, it's pointless, gear ratio has been setup for 6 gear usage like the real C7R.

This C7R works best by keeping good flow from 1st turn, use the full track width, hug the right side apex of 1st turn then full on throttle to attack the 2nd and 3rd turn, go on the outside, inside outside like a snake. My test laps were done intentionally keeping it in the middle line, and hug the inner side as long as possible, sacrificing some speed but I wanted to test how it held the line and being over the edge.

The car did 1:33.1s in 1st lap, 1:32 and 1:31 may be possible :)

Set wheel BBS LMR +1 Inch, brake balance 5/8.

Have fun driving.

FITT Version

Sports Soft

Specs

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type B
Flat Floors Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height -2 and Width +2

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Front, Rear

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.020
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.148
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:
5/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/8, for ABS 1 5/8 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Aaaa, yeah, C7 Stingray with flat floor, snail on the straight, snake on the turn, not so quick, but I wanted to use one of my old build for this event. I only changed front damper, used the loose setup, alter 2nd gear ratio, and install power part and add weight to fit into the reg limit.

I could make it more eager to turn in by further tweaking front damper, or add rotation on exit using rear damper, but I kept it this way, I don't want to risk more drivers sliding about :P

The car is stiff, it will be tight to drive, I recommend hood view for better line attack on entry and holding speed around apex. Braking can be aggressive with added downforce from flat floor, be brave, and it may hold speed well on the oval part, go high and aim low shift to 6th early, hold it till the 1st turn braking. NEVER USE 7th, it's pointless, gear ratio has been setup for 6 gear usage like the real C7R.

This C7R works best by keeping good flow from 1st turn, use the full track width, hug the right side apex of 1st turn then full on throttle to attack the 2nd and 3rd turn, go on the outside, inside outside like a snake. My test laps were done intentionally keeping it in the middle line, and hug the inner side as long as possible, sacrificing some speed but I wanted to test how it held the line and being over the edge.

Have fun driving.
the build checks out perfectly. Linked up.
Guess I need to make the scoring template now :lol:

FITT Version

Sports Soft

Specs

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Aero Kits Type B
Flat Floors Type A
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type A
Height -2 and Width +2

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Adjustable LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Front, Rear

Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.020
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.170
2nd 2.148
3rd 1.647
4th 1.350
5th 1.143
6th 1.000

AERO
Rear = 20 (MAX)

Brake Balance:

Notes :

Have fun driving.
Wow, those are some hard springs.:eek: I hope you put a sticker on it saying "mind the bump(s)".:mischievous:
👍

Back