FITT Tōge Challenge / Sierra Time Trial

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 420 comments
Insanely tight this time around. About 1 second spread for the top ten looks a F1 race 👍
If you remove the top and bottom results then everyone is within 1% 👍

Bit of a change of plans with the final deadline, I am going up to visit my sister for a few days on the 19th and not returning until late on the 24th so I will be extending the deadline until then as it is unlikely I will have internet access 👍

FITT Sierra Time Trial

Group 2
@TheInfamousJEW6 R32
2:09.183
(2:05.511 @599pp)
DC: 7.5
Notes:

• Bogs down a little off the line, kind of hovers around 8k before picking up
  • Pulls to the right quite strongly off the line
  • Neutral/understeer balance
  • Feels a bit heavy and slow to react to input but not too bad
  • Predictable understeer on exit, the stability is nice but I feel I could have gone faster in places if oversteer was an option
  • Stable over the jump
Suggested Mods:
  • Move first a few clicks to the right
  • I think the front LSD accel is causing a bit of inconsistency on the throttle so match it to the rear
  • Needs more grip on the front end or less on the rear - stiffen rear springs/more power to rear via TDCD/more front ext/rear comp

@Ale67 R32
2:04.894
DC: 7
Notes:

• Decent launch, bit of wheelspin but nothing to cause concern
  • A bit slow to react to input but the grip is adequate
  • Difficult to recover if it gets out of shape
  • Good brakes
  • Really struggles on the jump
  • Squirms around on the power
Suggested Mods:
  • Stiffen ARB to make lateral weight transfer more predictable (possibly need to lower dampers to maintain grip)
  • Increase LSD accel on rear wheels as they are slipping under acceleration and making the car squirm
  • Stiffen spring rates slightly to improve steering response

@shaunm80
2:03.375
DC: 9.5
Notes:

• Great launch, gets off the line like a scalded cat
  • 1st and 2nd feel a little short but not too bad
  • Very responsive and easy to place
  • Rear end can be a little slippery but it doesn't seem to affect the pace
  • Good brakes
  • Bit of understeer at the limit but not too bad
Suggested Mods:
  • Lengthen 1st and 2nd slightly
  • Either less rear camber or more toe out to tidy up exit perhaps

@sinof1337 R32
2:05.040
DC: 8.5
Notes:

• Good launch, minimal wheelspin before hooking up
  • Front end feels nice and direct on entry but seems to run out of grip towards mid corner at times
  • Good Brakes
  • Perfect amount of rear end grip for me, planted when you need it, slides when you want it
Suggested Mods:
  • Remove front camber

@xande1959 R34
2:04.037
DC: 8
Notes:

• Good launch, gets away fast and clean
  • Feels very stable and predictable
  • Well balanced but rotation is a little restricted which is harming corner speed
  • Great brakes
  • Easy to get on the throttle early
Suggested Mod:
  • Reduce rear toe to improve rotation
  • Maybe lower front ARB a little

@Antares26 R33
2:03.493
Notes:

• A bit of wheelspin off the line but gets away ok
  • Seems to be spinning up the outside wheel a lot
  • Rotation is ok but it doesn't feel particularly dynamic in the corners
  • Brakes seem a bit lacking in the harder braking zones
Suggested Mods:
  • Raise rear LSD accel to prevent it spinning up the ear wheek
  • Lower rear LSD Initial to free up some rotation
  • More front brake
  • Raise nose

FITT Sierra Time Trial

Group 2
@TheInfamousJEW6 R32
Notes:

• Predictable understeer on exit, the stability is nice but I feel I could have gone faster in places if oversteer was an option
  • Stable over the jump
Suggested Mods:
  • I think the front LSD accel is causing a bit of inconsistency on the throttle so match it to the rear
  • Needs more grip on the front end or less on the rear - stiffen rear springs/more power to rear via TDCD/more front ext/rear comp

@Ale67 R32
Notes:

• Good brakes
Suggested Mods:
  • Stiffen ARB to make lateral weight transfer more predictable (possibly need to lower dampers to maintain grip)
  • Increase LSD accel on rear wheels as they are slipping under acceleration and making the car squirm

@shaunm80
Notes:

• Good brakes
Suggested Mods:

@sinof1337 R32
Notes:

• Front end feels nice and direct on entry but seems to run out of grip towards mid corner at times
  • Good Brakes
  • Perfect amount of rear end grip for me, planted when you need it, slides when you want it
Suggested Mods:
  • Remove front camber

@xande1959 R34
Notes:

• Well balanced but rotation is a little restricted which is harming corner speed
  • Great brakes
Suggested Mod:

@Antares26 R33
Notes:

Suggested Mods:
  • More front brake
  • Raise nose

Thanks for the review! I still can't believe i was so out of it I built a 550pp tune... :lol: This was my first attempt at a wet tune. It was a lot of fun!

I should be posting reviews of Group 2 this weekend! :cheers:

Thanks for the review! I still can't believe i was so out of it I built a 550pp tune... :lol: This was my first attempt at a wet tune. It was a lot of fun!

I should be posting reviews of Group 2 this weekend! :cheers:
Easy mistake, you're not the first :lol:

Thanks @DolHaus for your review. This R32 is my first setup with rain tires.
The Intermediate tyres felt the faster of the rain tyres for sure, full wets just didn't have consistent enough grip on any of the cars tested. Felt like a few of the tunes were trying to generate grip that the full wet tyres just couldn't provide by using soft springs and it compromises steering response and stability

FITT Sierra Time Trial

Group 2
@shaunm80
Notes:

• Good brakes
Suggested Mods:
Thank you for the comments. I am glad that you enjoyed my tune. A scalded cat is my favourite breed of cat by the way. :)

Once again, I will test out your suggested mods for the tune to see if it can make it handle cleaner on corner exits.

I've only got your X4, Fordracer's Trans Am, and whatever Otaliema setup to test. I was planning to knock out the Trans Am and Otaliema's tonight, so I can be angry at the X4 tomorrow. I have a feeling it's one of those cars that I'm going to clock a bad time with, but can be faster. That MR2 1600 and the most recent NB Miata was like that. Great cars but I can't pull out their potential. For example, I know the NB can be .6 seconds faster just after the first sector, but I couldn't string it all together.
-
Yeah, Christmas is taking up some time, isn't it?
I struggled with the Trans Am's, the car has mountains of grip but the engine is a bit of a dog, its just so lazy. I found some of the cars to be difficult to be consistent with over a long lap, I knew there was a much better lap in some of them but I just couldn't get it together within the amount of laps I could give each car. I look forward to seeing your times, seen some mighty impressive laps from both yourself and @Antares26 already 👍

Christmas has snook up on me this year, I blame the weather as it feels like early autumn outside rather than the usual cold, bleak winter that usually accompanies the festive period :lol:

@DolHaus
Thanks for the review on the R32, you probably just pointed out the things I was looking for to make the car better.
Looks like wheelspin off the line but getting away ok is becoming my theme so far as a tuner :lol::lol:. I think I might have set the car too conservatively since I was consistently having problems with wheelspin as well, so I never really got to work on the car's cornering behavior.

Well I have Monday and Tuesday to knock out the cars if I don't get them done I won't have time. I have the R32's done, having problems with the grip due to speed at 600pp So taking me a few more laps to either say fudge it or get it right.

FITT Touge Challenge Group 2 Reviews
All cars tested over 10 runs at Circuito De La Sierra with 60% water on the track and grip set to real. All tunes tesred with ABS 1 only.

@TheInfamousJEW6 R32
Best Lap:
2:10.859
DC: 8.9
Comments: Still not sure what I was thinking making this a 550pp tune. I tested it first cause it was first on the list, I suppose it'll make a good baseline for the real tunes! :lol: There's definately some on throttle oversteer on exit, but smoother throttle control helps to limit it. Good rotation when braking, just make sure it stays on the blacktop! This one really suffered from a lack of power, next time I'll have to be a bit more "on the ball" :lol:

@Ale67 R32
Best Lap:
2:04.379
Comments: Very Fast! (Compared to my car) :lol: Seriously though, this tune was a bit twitchy for me. Trying to combat the understeer on mid- to exit took some wrestling with my DFGT. The brakes were a touch too strong for me, causing me to skid a lot and miss corner entries. When I was finally able to wrap my head around it and really push this car to the edge it felt FAST, just don't mess up, cause it'll cost you! Good Job!

@shaunm80 R33
Best Lap:
2:03.681
DC: 10.0
Comments: This is AMAZING! PERFECT 10! Quality Craftsmanship! Ok enough brown nosing.:lol: I just felt at home in this car. It became addicting trying to beat each lap time and I had to force myself to move on after 10 runs. Really Bravo Sir! Not a single critique from me! Great Job!

@sinof1337 R32
Best Lap:
2:06.623
Comments: I really wanted to go fast with this tune. The turn in response and grip were excellent! So much so I was entering corners way too fast, bursting with confidence, only to find myself understeering into a wall on exit... It felt like whenevr I got back on the throttle in a corner the front end became light as a feather and I'd lose a little steering input. I just couldn't work around it and wasn't able to find the speed I thought this tune should've been capable of. Good Job anyways!

@xande1959 R34
Best Lap:
2:04.411
DC: 9.8
Comments: Fast, stable, but a little conservative. It was a GREAT drive, but the whole car felt a little "heavy", if that's possible. The tranny and brakes were amazing, the only minor issue was a bit of understeer on exit. Must be a 4WD thing... I just had a lot fun driving this one! Great Job!

@Antares26 R33
Best Lap:
2:04.335
Comments: After 10 runs I really wanted to do 5 more and see if I could best my lap in Shaun's tune... Unfortunately the understeer coming out of the corners had me struggling to shave anymore time. Also the launch felt a bit slower than other cars maybe costing a 10th or so... I LOVED the balance of this car, especially in the high speed stuff! Great Job!

Congrats to everyone on superb tunes for the wet! And I hope everyone has a happy and joyous Holiday! :cheers:

All cars tested over 10 runs at Circuito De La Sierra with 60% water on the track and grip set to real. All tunes tesred with ABS 1 only.

@shaunm80 R33
Best Lap:
Comments: This is AMAZING! PERFECT 10! Quality Craftsmanship! Ok enough brown nosing.:lol: I just felt at home in this car. It became addicting trying to beat each lap time and I had to force myself to move on after 10 runs. Really Bravo Sir! Not a single critique from me! Great Job!
Thank you very much indeed. Amazing time and a great review. I am glad you liked the tune and hope that I can continue this standard going forward :)

@TheInfamousJEW6 -R32

Lap time;2:08.312 DC;9.5

This car was great, it did what I wanted when I wanted it too, entry rotation was spot on with the ballast in the back bringing the tail around for me and throttle to keep it in line. The ONLY thing that kept this car from winning? Power, it needed lots more power. Just can’t keep up with cars that have 200+ more Hp than you. No matter how good you are in the turns you loose it in the straights.

@Ale67 -R32

Lap time;2:07.484 DC;6.5

I was never confident in this car. I found it to skid and skip on entry and understeer and spin on exit. Straight line speed and acceleration were fantastic. At entry it would just slide unless I double braked the turns. At exit, if the car was settled, it would just follow the track camber, which if you know the track by heart is great because you can slide out and set up without costing time, but if you’re off even a little you will find the grass. If the car was not settled at exit it would go into a spin without a ton of throttle control. Overall the car balance was very good. It didn’t do anything that surprised me after 5 or so laps, we just never agreed on how to take the turns.

@shaunm80 -R33

Lap time;2:05.876 DC;9.1

Great car. Little tail happy for me liking, but solid none the less. great build on the transmission after 2nd gear, little short for off the line in 1st and 2nd. Throttle control out of the turns is very needed or you will be wiggling down the straight. Stay on the black stuff!!!! I put a wheel once or twice and spun it pretty fast. Overall great tune couple of minior tweaks and this would have been a fantastic tune.

@sinof1337 -R32

Lap time;2:06.499 DC;8.8

Good solid balanced. Just takes care with 650+ hp on wet tarmac, I think a redo of the torque and some work on the gears and this car would have been smoking fast.

*Bonus test. Torue split changed to 45:55, time dropped on lap one to 2:08.486 with mistakes I was behind for first half of the sector.

@xande1959 -R34

Lap time;2:03.986 DC;9.5

Wow, just wow. 3 laps. That’s all it took to clock that time. I tried for 7 more laps to best that, never did, got close but I would always go into the downhill right hander too hot and find the sand. The car did what I wanted. I could toss it in floor it out and keep it on the track. It was a bit sluggish at entry but the rest of the turn was fabulous. Transmission was odd but it worked very well with MT, AT this car will fall flat on it’s face.

@Antares26 -R33

Lap time;2:05.123 DC;9.0

When I was setting this car up. I was going ohh boy spin city coming up. Boy was I surpised at the grip level this car has, Still can’t smash the gas and expect to stay straight but I found it to be very good balance of grip and slide and allowed me to push the car the through the turns well. The transmssion needs a little work at launch but the rest of the time it was very well balanced. Nicely done sir. Maybe a little less back end power split on the wet 👍

@TheInfamousJEW6 -R32

This car was great, it did what I wanted when I wanted it too, entry rotation was spot on with the ballast in the back bringing the tail around for me and throttle to keep it in line. The ONLY thing that kept this car from winning? Power, it needed lots more power. Just can’t keep up with cars that have 200+ more Hp than you. No matter how good you are in the turns you loose it in the straights.

@Ale67 -R32

I was never confident in this car. I found it to skid and skip on entry and understeer and spin on exit. Straight line speed and acceleration were fantastic. At entry it would just slide unless I double braked the turns. At exit, if the car was settled, it would just follow the track camber, which if you know the track by heart is great because you can slide out and set up without costing time, but if you’re off even a little you will find the grass. If the car was not settled at exit it would go into a spin without a ton of throttle control. Overall the car balance was very good. It didn’t do anything that surprised me after 5 or so laps, we just never agreed on how to take the turns.

@shaunm80 -R33

Great car. Little tail happy for me liking, but solid none the less. great build on the transmission after 2nd gear, little short for off the line in 1st and 2nd. Throttle control out of the turns is very needed or you will be wiggling down the straight. Stay on the black stuff!!!! I put a wheel once or twice and spun it pretty fast. Overall great tune couple of minior tweaks and this would have been a fantastic tune.

@sinof1337 -R32

Good solid balanced. Just takes care with 650+ hp on wet tarmac, I think a redo of the torque and some work on the gears and this car would have been smoking fast.

*Bonus test. Torue split changed to 45:55, time dropped on lap one to 2:08.486 with mistakes I was behind for first half of the sector.

@xande1959 -R34

Wow, just wow. 3 laps. That’s all it took to clock that time. I tried for 7 more laps to best that, never did, got close but I would always go into the downhill right hander too hot and find the sand. The car did what I wanted. I could toss it in floor it out and keep it on the track. It was a bit sluggish at entry but the rest of the turn was fabulous. Transmission was odd but it worked very well with MT, AT this car will fall flat on it’s face.

@Antares26 -R33

When I was setting this car up. I was going ohh boy spin city coming up. Boy was I surpised at the grip level this car has, Still can’t smash the gas and expect to stay straight but I found it to be very good balance of grip and slide and allowed me to push the car the through the turns well. The transmssion needs a little work at launch but the rest of the time it was very well balanced. Nicely done sir. Maybe a little less back end power split on the wet 👍

Thanks for the review!! Glad you liked my tune even it was majorly down on power compared to the others... Hope you're having a happy holiday season! :cheers:

FITT Sierra Time Trial

Group 2
@TheInfamousJEW6 R32
Notes:

• Stable over the jump
Suggested Mods:

@Ale67 R32
Notes:

• Good brakes
Suggested Mods:

@shaunm80
Notes:

• Good brakes
Suggested Mods:

@sinof1337 R32
Notes:

• Good Brakes
Suggested Mods:
  • Remove front camber

@xande1959 R34
Notes:

• Great brakes
Suggested Mod:

@Antares26 R33
Notes:

Suggested Mods:
  • More front brake
  • Raise nose
Thank you friend for this performance. always something missing for me to finish with this setup, your tips are very good, applaud.:cheers:👍

@shaunm80 -R33

Thank you for the review. Glad you enjoyed the tune and I will look at the first 2 gears for future events. :)

@TheInfamousJEW6 R32
Best Lap:
2:10.859
Comments: Still not sure what I was thinking making this a 550pp tune. I tested it first cause it was first on the list, I suppose it'll make a good baseline for the real tunes! :lol: There's definately some on throttle oversteer on exit, but smoother throttle control helps to limit it. Good rotation when braking, just make sure it stays on the blacktop! This one really suffered from a lack of power, next time I'll have to be a bit more "on the ball" :lol:

@Ale67 R32
Best Lap:
2:04.379
Comments: Very Fast! (Compared to my car) :lol: Seriously though, this tune was a bit twitchy for me. Trying to combat the understeer on mid- to exit took some wrestling with my DFGT. The brakes were a touch too strong for me, causing me to skid a lot and miss corner entries. When I was finally able to wrap my head around it and really push this car to the edge it felt FAST, just don't mess up, cause it'll cost you! Good Job!

@shaunm80 R33
Best Lap:

@sinof1337 R32
Best Lap:
2:06.623
Comments: I really wanted to go fast with this tune. The turn in response and grip were excellent! So much so I was entering corners way too fast, bursting with confidence, only to find myself understeering into a wall on exit... It felt like whenevr I got back on the throttle in a corner the front end became light as a feather and I'd lose a little steering input. I just couldn't work around it and wasn't able to find the speed I thought this tune should've been capable of. Good Job anyways!

@xande1959 R34
Best Lap:
2:04.411
DC: 9.8
Comments: Fast, stable, but a little conservative. It was a GREAT drive, but the whole car felt a little "heavy", if that's possible. The tranny and brakes were amazing, the only minor issue was a bit of understeer on exit. Must be a 4WD thing... I just had a lot fun driving this one! Great Job!

@Antares26 R33
Best Lap:
2:04.335
Comments: After 10 runs I really wanted to do 5 more and see if I could best my lap in Shaun's tune... Unfortunately the understeer coming out of the corners had me struggling to shave anymore time. Also the launch felt a bit slower than other cars maybe costing a 10th or so... I LOVED the balance of this car, especially in the high speed stuff! Great Job!

Congrats to everyone on superb tunes for the wet! And I hope everyone has a happy and joyous Holiday! :cheers:
Similar times shows that despite conservative even made a very good time, thank you for trying.:cheers:👍

@TheInfamousJEW6 -R32

@Ale67 -R32

@shaunm80 -R33

@sinof1337 -R32

@xande1959 -R34

@Antares26 -R33

Wow, he managed to 2:03 ***, I did not, I congratulate can say that R34 was designed for you. great great performance.:cheers:👍:gtpflag:

@Otaliema
Thanks for the review! The default setting of the R33 felt too understeery, which is why I wanted the rear to be a bit more loose. Glad you liked the balance 👍

Last edited:
FITT Sierra Time Trial Reviews
Group 2

Like Group 1's testing, the tunes were all run under the same conditions:
  • 5 test laps through Circuito de la Sierra SS1 (No restarts)
  • Controller used was a DS3 (Sensitivity: 7)
  • Transmission: MT
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • ABS: 1 / All other assists set to 0

@sinof1337 – R32 - 2’03.537
DC: 8.4 / 10
The launch was so good and so smooth that I wanted to keep going through the first corner. Sadly, I didn’t expect the car to understeer so much so early into a corner. The turning response was good but it was like the car just hooks on the understeer whenever weight transfer occurs, and I couldn’t really feel the brakes so I had to start braking from a bit further than I wanted. Still, the understeer helped for some full throttle exits since it kept the car gripping on the road. I was pretty inconsistent with this car but nonetheless satisfied with the fastest lap time.

@TheInfamousJEW6 – R32 - 2’06.957
DC: 9.2 / 10
Just because I enjoyed so much in chasing the 600PP cars with this car, I’m rating this car over 9. The only real complaint I have is that the car tends to understeer a bit on exit, which kinda held me back in some corners. The gears and the diff are good, because the launch went so smoothly, and I was able to accelerate out of corners without worrying about the rear sliding out. The difference on the straights was just too much, though, so this was the fastest lap I could really get out of this car.

@Ale67 – R32 – 2’03.820
DC: 8.2 / 10
This car needed to be driven smoothly to really squeeze the performance out of it, it felt quite comfortable, actually. It turned well but didn’t really like turning with the throttle as it understeers at the slightest touch of the accelerator when cornering. On the downhill-uphill S curve, I needed to let go of the gas to make the car turn the other way, but I was still able to carry a lot of speed in, which I really liked. Braking was also a bit of an issue since I couldn’t really brake deep into some of the corners. Also, the car doesn’t like the jump at the top of the uphill past sector 1, I couldn’t really take that jump without slowing down a lot, otherwise, the car gets so unsettled and sends me into the sand and the wall.

@xande1959 – R34 - 2’02.868
DC: 9.3 / 10
I loved the balance of this R34, there’s not too much oversteer, not too much understeer, but just enough to give an indication of whether I’m taking the right line or not. The launch could be smoother, as the car bogs down a bit when shifting to 2nd gear even after stretching out 1st gear. The brakes are wonderful, too, as I could brake Iate into the corner and still slow down enough to take the fast line. Very good balance, I really enjoyed taking this car out for a spin.

@shaunm80 – R33 – 2’00.149
DC: 9.8 / 10
This is, no doubt the best car in Group 2. It corners so good in the wet that I just have to let go of the accelerator when I need to brake for the corner. Power delivery is so good that I thought I set the wrong track parameters because there’s no understeer with the accelerator on while turning. Brakes are superb, too, stops on a dime just like xande’s R34. A very well balanced car with very high performance in the wet, very well done. My only issue here is 1st gear is too short for the car to really go flying out of the start line.

@Antares26 – R33 – 2’01.507
The car corners well, and the balance is leaned towards sliding on entry, which contrasts majority of the other cars in the group. There’s quite a lot of understeer on corner exits, though, which really made me hesitant to floor it as it would just send me out of the track and into the walls. The gears are spaced out nicely, although the start suffered a bit from the longer 2nd gear, it easily loses tenths in comparison to good starters. It’s a good, balanced car, but not as great as shaunm80’s R33.

Group 2

This is, no doubt the best car in Group 2. It corners so good in the wet that I just have to let go of the accelerator when I need to brake for the corner. Power delivery is so good that I thought I set the wrong track parameters because there’s no understeer with the accelerator on while turning. Brakes are superb, too, stops on a dime just like xande’s R34. A very well balanced car with very high performance in the wet, very well done. My only issue here is 1st gear is too short for the car to really go flying out of the start line.
Awesome review. Thank you very much. I am pleased that you found the technique that I tuned it with to make the most of the grip this car had to offer. What amazes me in particular is the time you set.. nearly a 2 min flat.. Wow. That is seriously quick! Great job testing.

Awesome review. Thank you very much. I am pleased that you found the technique that I tuned it with to make the most of the grip this car had to offer. What amazes me in particular is the time you set.. nearly a 2 min flat.. Wow. That is seriously quick! Great job testing.
That was on the 5th lap...to be honest, I went on the grass on the final corner trying to accelerate out. A time of under 2 minutes is definitely possible.

That was on the 5th lap...to be honest, I went on the grass on the final corner trying to accelerate out. A time of under 2 minutes is definitely possible.
I knew at least one car has that possbily. 👍 Awsome job with the testing.
Ok @Pete05 You got the Serria track right? Find the sub minute time you too @Soren Jacquet come on boys you can do it! All night looong!!! :odd: dang Adam sandler quotes at random times :lol:

Group 2

@sinof1337 – R32 - 2’03.537
DC: 8.4 / 10
The launch was so good and so smooth that I wanted to keep going through the first corner. Sadly, I didn’t expect the car to understeer so much so early into a corner. The turning response was good but it was like the car just hooks on the understeer whenever weight transfer occurs, and I couldn’t really feel the brakes so I had to start braking from a bit further than I wanted. Still, the understeer helped for some full throttle exits since it kept the car gripping on the road. I was pretty inconsistent with this car but nonetheless satisfied with the fastest lap time.

@TheInfamousJEW6 – R32 - 2’06.957
DC: 9.2 / 10
Just because I enjoyed so much in chasing the 600PP cars with this car, I’m rating this car over 9. The only real complaint I have is that the car tends to understeer a bit on exit, which kinda held me back in some corners. The gears and the diff are good, because the launch went so smoothly, and I was able to accelerate out of corners without worrying about the rear sliding out. The difference on the straights was just too much, though, so this was the fastest lap I could really get out of this car.

@Ale67 – R32 – 2’03.820
DC: 8.2 / 10
This car needed to be driven smoothly to really squeeze the performance out of it, it felt quite comfortable, actually. It turned well but didn’t really like turning with the throttle as it understeers at the slightest touch of the accelerator when cornering. On the downhill-uphill S curve, I needed to let go of the gas to make the car turn the other way, but I was still able to carry a lot of speed in, which I really liked. Braking was also a bit of an issue since I couldn’t really brake deep into some of the corners. Also, the car doesn’t like the jump at the top of the uphill past sector 1, I couldn’t really take that jump without slowing down a lot, otherwise, the car gets so unsettled and sends me into the sand and the wall.

@xande1959 – R34 - 2’02.868
I loved the balance of this R34, there’s not too much oversteer, not too much understeer, but just enough to give an indication of whether I’m taking the right line or not. The launch could be smoother, as the car bogs down a bit when shifting to 2nd gear even after stretching out 1st gear. The brakes are wonderful, too, as I could brake Iate into the corner and still slow down enough to take the fast line. Very good balance, I really enjoyed taking this car out for a spin.

@Antares26 – R33 – 2’01.507
The car corners well, and the balance is leaned towards sliding on entry, which contrasts majority of the other cars in the group. There’s quite a lot of understeer on corner exits, though, which really made me hesitant to floor it as it would just send me out of the track and into the walls. The gears are spaced out nicely, although the start suffered a bit from the longer 2nd gear, it easily loses tenths in comparison to good starters. It’s a good, balanced car, but not as great as shaunm80’s R33.

Great review! Bravo Sir! 👍 A 2:06 in my 550pp little monster! :bowdown: Awesome time! You must be part Alien :lol: Thanks for taking the time and testing! :cheers:

Back