FITT Tōge Challenge / Sierra Time Trial

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 420 comments
I knew at least one car has that possbily. 👍 Awsome job with the testing.
Ok @Pete05 You got the Serria track right? Find the sub minute time you too @Soren Jacquet come on boys you can do it! All night looong!!! :odd: dang Adam sandler quotes at random times :lol:
Yes, I have La Sierra but what I don't have is any of these Nissans. I've just spent my $50 million fortune on the 2 classic Ferraris at 20 a piece & added the Chaparrals with the loose change.
Now I'm back to a pauper again.

FITT Sierra Time Trial Reviews
Group 2

Like Group 1's testing, the tunes were all run under the same conditions:
  • 5 test laps through Circuito de la Sierra SS1 (No restarts)
  • Controller used was a DS3 (Sensitivity: 7)
  • Transmission: MT
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • ABS: 1 / All other assists set to 0

@sinof1337 – R32 - 2’03.537
DC: 8.4 / 10
The launch was so good and so smooth that I wanted to keep going through the first corner. Sadly, I didn’t expect the car to understeer so much so early into a corner. The turning response was good but it was like the car just hooks on the understeer whenever weight transfer occurs, and I couldn’t really feel the brakes so I had to start braking from a bit further than I wanted. Still, the understeer helped for some full throttle exits since it kept the car gripping on the road. I was pretty inconsistent with this car but nonetheless satisfied with the fastest lap time.

@TheInfamousJEW6 – R32 - 2’06.957
DC: 9.2 / 10
Just because I enjoyed so much in chasing the 600PP cars with this car, I’m rating this car over 9. The only real complaint I have is that the car tends to understeer a bit on exit, which kinda held me back in some corners. The gears and the diff are good, because the launch went so smoothly, and I was able to accelerate out of corners without worrying about the rear sliding out. The difference on the straights was just too much, though, so this was the fastest lap I could really get out of this car.

@Ale67 – R32 – 2’03.820
DC: 8.2 / 10
This car needed to be driven smoothly to really squeeze the performance out of it, it felt quite comfortable, actually. It turned well but didn’t really like turning with the throttle as it understeers at the slightest touch of the accelerator when cornering. On the downhill-uphill S curve, I needed to let go of the gas to make the car turn the other way, but I was still able to carry a lot of speed in, which I really liked. Braking was also a bit of an issue since I couldn’t really brake deep into some of the corners. Also, the car doesn’t like the jump at the top of the uphill past sector 1, I couldn’t really take that jump without slowing down a lot, otherwise, the car gets so unsettled and sends me into the sand and the wall.

@xande1959 – R34 - 2’02.868
DC: 9.3 / 10
I loved the balance of this R34, there’s not too much oversteer, not too much understeer, but just enough to give an indication of whether I’m taking the right line or not. The launch could be smoother, as the car bogs down a bit when shifting to 2nd gear even after stretching out 1st gear. The brakes are wonderful, too, as I could brake Iate into the corner and still slow down enough to take the fast line. Very good balance, I really enjoyed taking this car out for a spin.

@shaunm80 – R33 – 2’00.149
DC: 9.8 / 10
This is, no doubt the best car in Group 2. It corners so good in the wet that I just have to let go of the accelerator when I need to brake for the corner. Power delivery is so good that I thought I set the wrong track parameters because there’s no understeer with the accelerator on while turning. Brakes are superb, too, stops on a dime just like xande’s R34. A very well balanced car with very high performance in the wet, very well done. My only issue here is 1st gear is too short for the car to really go flying out of the start line.

@Antares26 – R33 – 2’01.507
DC: 9.3 / 10
The car corners well, and the balance is leaned towards sliding on entry, which contrasts majority of the other cars in the group. There’s quite a lot of understeer on corner exits, though, which really made me hesitant to floor it as it would just send me out of the track and into the walls. The gears are spaced out nicely, although the start suffered a bit from the longer 2nd gear, it easily loses tenths in comparison to good starters. It’s a good, balanced car, but not as great as shaunm80’s R33.

I'm getting old to ride with you guys. your times are 1 to 2 seconds faster than my tests congratulate y'all. Merry Christmas:bowdown::cheers:👍

OK.....the laps are run, the times recorded, and thoughts put to paper. I will not tell anyone I am completely satisified with the results. This was a very diverse group of cars and tunes. Those who had a drift setup will be unhappy, I am sorry, not my style. I don't like it and am not good at it. Not going to have much of a critique of these tunes either....just not qualified. Others were fast, but not fun, just too much work to pull the good time. A few really put it all together and had some super cars. Thanks to all who entered, and to DolHaus for putting it together.

@TheInfamousJEW6 3:37.886 DC8

Good brakes power and trans. Easy to make oversteer, likes to slide around corners, which I do poorly. LSD tweek? Would like to see better corner exit. An edgie tune.

@Otaliema 3:34.325 DC8.6

It was fast! Had an odd feel. Only liked a very narrow line, and not forgiving if you left it. Ok brakes and trans. A chore to drive.

@chrisspeed281 3:39.739 DC8

Good corner entry. Power was ok.....poor brakes and corner exit. Left way too much time on the track. If this car was ment to be drifted, please disregard.

@hall90 3:34.684 DC9

I got 1 great lap from this ride, and a lot of soso laps. Great brakes, (I like very good brakes), good grip and corner entry. LSD let the outside tire spin and KILLED the forward momentum. Just a few tweeks would probably make this really a great car. Nice job!

@shaunm80 3:32.692 DC9.9

I was just told recently that good tunes make for good runs. This tune fall in to that category. Easy to drive and inspires confidence. Made me feel like I was a better driver than I am. Tried to push it harder and harder, runied a couple of great laps. I didn't mind the bit of understeer, it helped me set up the car for the next corner. Great ride! Nice Job.

@DolHaus 3:34.455 DC8.5

Fast, great acceleration. The great gear package. Adequate brakes. Had too much of a FF feel to me. Not what I want to see from a 4WD. Rear felt like it was on marbles the whole run.

@Antares26 3:39.696 DC8

Feels like a drift car.

@steve nfs 3:33.229 DC9.5

Good gears and brakes....would like to see a little more rotation/less understeer.

@xande1959 3:36.527 DC8

Liked the brakes, power and grip. The LSD would light up the outside tire. A handful mid-course.

@sinof1337 3:37.476 DC8.9

Great Brakes...maybe too good!! I think the gears are fine. Maybe a LSD tweek, would like to see a little beter corner exit. Great job on a big heavy car.

@CJorex 3:39.229 DC8

If its a drift car, fine.....if not change the LSD settings and kill that ton of oversteer.

@fbccars924 3:45.594 DC8

I've read the previous remarks and have nothing to add... that 8 if for the bravery of trying something totally different.

@RB26DETT 3:41.585 DC8

Twitchey brakes, pull under hard braking, boggy gear package, rework LSD setting to get oversteer manageable.

@Ale67 3:33.211 DC9.5

Great package! A 10 in on the Fun Factor. Would like to see just a touch more grip.

@fordracer 3:34.898 DC 9.3

Yes!!...heavy cars can be fast. I had a vision of what I expected from this car, and hit it dead on. Course has a few corners, and corner speed and exit was where I put my priorities, knowing I would sacrifice some straight line speed. I think I have done all with the power that is available.

Last edited:
OK.....the laps are run, the times recorded, and thoughts put to paper. I will not tell anyone I am completely satisified with the results. This was a very diverse group of cars and tunes. Those who had a drift setup will be unhappy, I am sorry, not my style. I don't like it and am not good at it. Not going to have much of a critique of these tunes either....just not qualified. Others were fast, but not fun, just too much work to pull the good time. A few really put it all together and had some super cars. Thanks to all who entered, and to DolHaus for putting it together. Editing in the times now.......
Thanks for making the effort to test the cars, its a big job at a difficult time of year so well done for getting it completed 👍

@Frenzyhero did you have a chance to finish your testing?

This is my complete times post. Sorry that I can't give better feedback on the cars, I'm not a tuner, I'm just an average guy with average speed.

fastest time for me- 3.27.99
slowest time so far - 3.38.145
@CJorex Toyota MR2 G Limited 3.28.742 - DC 8
I prefer mine softer, but I had no complaints. It was losing time in the fast kink.

@steve nfs Subaru Impreza Ver III 3.28.233 - DC 8
Off top of my head this car was great. When I was done with it I stiffened the rear a bit and liked it more, but the lap times didn't change, so I still recommend downforce. The tranny was also just a bit wide.

@chrisspeed281 NB Miata 3.33.783 - DC 6
This was loose on that back end with bad brakes and straight speed, if I recall correctly.

@Antares26 NB Miata 3.29.584 - DC 6
The brakes felt weak and this hurt the car when stopping from a high speed.

@sinof1337 Trans Am 3.29.733 - DC 8
It was a good car. I think you hit it well. I'm not a tuner, so I can't say how to make this kind of car faster. There was no glaring deficiencies. After I was done testing, I kept it, and even after using it on other courses there's still nothing wrong with the tune itself.

@hall90 S15 3.28.502 - DC 8
The front dives in braking, I'd like for it to be weaker. It understeered mid corner and oversteered on exit, only a bit, but that's backwards what I normally want.

@shaunm80 Subaru Impreza Ver II 3.28.544 - DC 7
Think I already covered you, but if I recall correctly, it was braking instability.

@TheInfamousJEW6 FC3S 3.30.716 - DC 6 - As I said last time, stiffer rear.

@fbccars924 Chrysler PT Loser Cruiser 3.38.145 - DC 8 - It was good for what it is, but the car is just slow.

@xande1959 NB 3.28.287 DC 9.5
This was an awesome and weird car. Very stiff, I liked it. Not something you could grasp in a few runs though. Definitely more time there. My favorite car from the lineup.

@RB26DETT Toyota MR2 1600 G 3.29.691 - DC 8
I liked this, but it had trouble in the triple corner area with too much under or over, and the fast 90 degree drops had a lot of understeer and I couldn't clear them as fast as I wanted to. I also feel like you tried to compensate for the launch too much and made the gears too wide.

@Ale67 Evo4 3.29.105 - DC 6
Too much roll and the front dived in braking, causing understeer on entry, in faster corners it tended to oversteer.

@fordracer Trans Am 3.32.048 - DC 5.5
For me, this car was significantly slower than the other Trans Am, and I think it was the gearing. It was too wide.

@DolHaus Daihatsu Storia X4 - 3.27.990 - DC 9
A lot of front roll made the car difficult to predict and punished early turnin. Hard to drive but fast. Another one of from here that I'll be keeping.

@Otaliema Subaru Impreza Ver III - 3.28.203 - DC 9
On t1, the kink and the corner after it, the rear liked to slide on turn in, so I was losing time in braking here. On the 2nd to last corner, I dumped a few laps because of the rear sliding when I turn in. It's interesting but not my favorite Impreza here.
_____
Thanks for your time testing. I hope you enjoyed it and return to do so again.

OK.....the laps are run, the times recorded, and thoughts put to paper. I will not tell anyone I am completely satisified with the results. This was a very diverse group of cars and tunes. Those who had a drift setup will be unhappy, I am sorry, not my style. I don't like it and am not good at it. Not going to have much of a critique of these tunes either....just not qualified. Others were fast, but not fun, just too much work to pull the good time. A few really put it all together and had some super cars. Thanks to all who entered, and to DolHaus for putting it together.

@TheInfamousJEW6 3:37.886 DC8

Good brakes power and trans. Easy to make oversteer, likes to slide around corners, which I do poorly. LSD tweek? Would like to see better corner exit. An edgie tune.

@Otaliema 3:34.325 DC8.6

It was fast! Had an odd feel. Only liked a very narrow line, and not forgiving if you left it. Ok brakes and trans. A chore to drive.

@chrisspeed281 3:39.739 DC8

Good corner entry. Power was ok.....poor brakes and corner exit. Left way too much time on the track. If this car was ment to be drifted, please disregard.

@hall90 3:34.684 DC9

I got 1 great lap from this ride, and a lot of soso laps. Great brakes, (I like very good brakes), good grip and corner entry. LSD let the outside tire spin and KILLED the forward momentum. Just a few tweeks would probably make this really a great car. Nice job!

@shaunm80 3:32.692 DC9.9

I was just told recently that good tunes make for good runs. This tune fall in to that category. Easy to drive and inspires confidence. Made me feel like I was a better driver than I am. Tried to push it harder and harder, runied a couple of great laps. I didn't mind the bit of understeer, it helped me set up the car for the next corner. Great ride! Nice Job.

@DolHaus 3:34.455 DC8.5

Fast, great acceleration. The great gear package. Adequate brakes. Had too much of a FF feel to me. Not what I want to see from a 4WD. Rear felt like it was on marbles the whole run.

@Antares26 3:39.696 DC8

Feels like a drift car.

@steve nfs 3:33.229 DC9.5

Good gears and brakes....would like to see a little more rotation/less understeer.

@xande1959 3:36.527 DC8

Liked the brakes, power and grip. The LSD would light up the outside tire. A handful mid-course.

@sinof1337 3:37.476 DC8.9

Great Brakes...maybe too good!! I think the gears are fine. Maybe a LSD tweek, would like to see a little beter corner exit. Great job on a big heavy car.

@CJorex 3:39.229 DC8

If its a drift car, fine.....if not change the LSD settings and kill that ton of oversteer.

@fbccars924 3:45.594 DC8

I've read the previous remarks and have nothing to add... that 8 if for the bravery of trying something totally different.

@RB26DETT 3:41.585 DC8

Twitchey brakes, pull under hard braking, boggy gear package, rework LSD setting to get oversteer manageable.

@Ale67 3:33.211 DC9.5

Great package! A 10 in on the Fun Factor. Would like to see just a touch more grip.

@fordracer 3:34.898 DC 9.3

Yes!!...heavy cars can be fast. I had a vision of what I expected from this car, and hit it dead on. Course has a few corners, and corner speed and exit was where I put my priorities, knowing I would sacrifice some straight line speed. I think I have done all with the power that is available.

Thank you very much for testing :cheers:

I updated the post awhile ago, in the AM. It's on page 10, I didn't plan on reposting it. Taking the 12 fastest times from Antares and my laps, he's about 0.3 seconds faster on average, but probably a bit more, maybe 0.5 or 0.6 overall. (unless my math is wrong).

I'm pulling 12 because that's how many the calculator I use will allow.

I'll make a better course next time.
My apologies for not noticing, thank you very much for testing and I'm glad you enjoyed my car :cheers:

I will try and get the results calculated/written up later

Results

Group 1

Lap Time

1. @DolHaus 3:30.259
  2. @steve nfs 3:30.382
  3. @Ale67 3:30.644
  4. @shaunm80 3:30.735
  5. @Otaliema 3:30.838
  6. @hall90 3:31.470
  7. @xande1959 3:31.542
  8. @CJorex 3:32.071
  9. @fordracer 3:32.838
  10. @sinof1337 3:32.862
  11. @TheInfamousJEW6 3:33.003
  12. @Antares26 3:33.013
  13. @RB26DETT 3:34.117
  14. @chrisspeed281 3:34.546
  15. @fbccars924 3:40.228

Drivers Choice

Fastest Lap: 3:27.566 by @Antares26 in @CJorex MR2

Group 2
Lap time:
  1. @shaunm80 2:03.270
  2. @Antares26 2:03.615
  3. @xande1959 2:03.826
  4. @Ale67 2:05.144
  5. @sinof1337 2:05.425
  6. @TheInfamousJEW6 2:08.828

Drivers Choice:

Fastest Lap: 2:00.149 by @Antares26 in @shaunm80 R33

3:34.325 DC8.6

Thank you. I agree it was not an easy car to drive. I over tuned it. Great time with a car that didn't get along with you.

Results

Group 1

Lap Time

1. @DolHaus 3:30.259
  2. @steve nfs 3:30.382
  3. @Ale67 3:30.644
  4. @shaunm80 3:30.735
  5. @Otaliema 3:30.838
  6. @hall90 3:31.470
  7. @xande1959 3:31.542
  8. @CJorex 3:32.071
  9. @fordracer 3:32.838
  10. @sinof1337 3:32.862
  11. @TheInfamousJEW6 3:33.003
  12. @Antares26 3:33.013
  13. @RB26DETT 3:34.117
  14. @chrisspeed281 3:34.546
  15. @fbccars924 3:40.228

Drivers Choice

1. @Otaliema 8.8
  2. @DolHaus 8.75
  3. @steve nfs 8.575
  4. @hall90 8.35
  5. @sinof1337 8.3
  6. @shaunm80 8.225
  7. @Ale67 8.05
  8. @xande1959 7.95
  9. @TheInfamousJEW6 7.85
  10. @fordracer 7.775
  11. @CJorex 7.75
  12. @Antares26 7.625
  13. @chrisspeed281 7.5
  14. @fbccars924 7
  15. @RB26DETT 6.95

Fastest Lap: 3:27.566 by @Antares26 in @CJorex MR2

Group 2
Lap time:
  1. @shaunm80 2:03.270
  2. @Antares26 2:03.615
  3. @xande1959 2:03.826
  4. @Ale67 2:05.144
  5. @sinof1337 2:05.425
  6. @TheInfamousJEW6 2:08.828

Drivers Choice:
  1. @shaunm80 9.6
  2. @xande1959 9.15
  3. @Antares26 8.825
  4. @TheInfamousJEW6 8.775
  5. @sinof1337 8.55

Fastest Lap: 2:00.149 by @Antares26 in @shaunm80 R33
Fantastic event sir. Congrats on your Group 1 Laptime win. Very tight in DC 0.05 between us 👍 :cheers::crazy:

Congratz to @shaunm80 for you very first win with Group 2 👍 Got both lap time and DC well done sir.
Very well done @steve nfs That is a well built vrs III STi you have there. Both you and @shaunm80 managed to knock me off the Scoobie Throne 👍 :cheers:

Another Great FITT event! Congrats to @DolHaus and @shaunm80 on your winning tunes! :cheers:

Now to start playing with these "porsches" since I've yet to do so... Minus some seat time in a stock yellowbird with the ABS off :crazy: That was quite an experience! :lol:
A stock Yellowbird minus ABS means you've experienced the worst & things can only improve from there.

Congratulations to @shaunm80 on finally collecting that first win, felt like a completely different animal from your usual tunes and I hope to see more like it in the future :cheers:

Congratulations also go to @Otaliema for the DC victory in group 1 and the other podium finishers @steve nfs , @Ale67 ,@Antares26 and @xande1959 . Good to see some strong competition coming from our newer and more seasoned members alike 👍

A big thank you goes to the testers as without you guys putting in the effort then this would all be for nothing, I'd also like to thank @Frenzyhero for supplying the track and ask you all to please rate and support those who make an effort to contribute to the community

:gtpflag:

Congratulations to @shaunm80 on finally collecting that first win, felt like a completely different animal from your usual tunes and I hope to see more like it in the future :cheers:

Congratulations also go to @Otaliema for the DC victory in group 1 and the other podium finishers @steve nfs , @Ale67 ,@Antares26 and @xande1959 . Good to see some strong competition coming from our newer and more seasoned members alike 👍

A big thank you goes to the testers as without you guys putting in the effort then this would all be for nothing, I'd also like to thank @Frenzyhero for supplying the track and ask you all to please rate and support those who make an effort to contribute to the community

:gtpflag:

- I especially have to thank the gentlemen, the events that design, it shows competence and dedication to the group, congratulations to all you guys, organizers, tuners and testers. to come in 2016, with much love peace health and prosperity.

Latest Posts

Back