FITT Tunes The GT6 Seasonals - Concept 1 Series @ Madrid - Results pending!

Thank you so much for your input @backnfourth I took your impressions seriously and did revise my setup now. With the new setup, I made a .5 second improvement on my own lap time!:cheers:

You're right, the brake balance was bit too rear biased thus bit unstable at higher speed. My belief was that you should always get as much rear brake as you can handle for maximum stopping power on straight line but trade off is of course prone to oversteer as slightest steering input while braking your rear might step out. I decreased the rear brake by 1 notch and the car performs much better. While the original 4/5 might give me just a wee bit better braking distance but the instability on braking while cornering makes this just not worth it...

I also revised the LSD. After some tweak I can now get on throttle more early and more aggressively.
While higher accel sensitivity might give you more traction and control over corner exit but it's a fine line between getting just the right amount of slip angle or your grip breaks and you get forced to back off and ruin your lap...

It's just not possible to realise those little things when you drive your own setup and stick with your own driving style all the time.:boggled:

When you thought you figured out just about all there is to figure out there is always something new to learn:tup:

edit: Well, too bad I can't change my setup I posed:grumpy:

Thank you so much for your input @backnfourth I took your impressions seriously and did revise my setup now. With the new setup, I made a .5 second improvement on my own lap time!:cheers:

Glad to hear you could improve your time!
I've found the same sort of thing with my own setup, I went back to do some more laps and it just didn't feel the same. I think it goes to show that it helps to tune a car, let it sit for a while, then come back to it with fresh eyes. I get so focused on such small changes when I'm initially tuning that I overlook things that are glaringly obvious when I come back to the tune after a few days of not touching it. Like for this BMW I thought I had it setup with a touch of understeer but after coming back to it it feels like it has way more understeer than I thought.
Part of the learning process!

@JujiroMatsuda It helps to get feedback whether it be positive or negative, helps the learning(continuous) process. Another challenge coming so keep your eyes open, there is also a Spec Class for new(er) tuners as well as other classes against top tuners.

Tested on DS3 with ABS=1 all other aids off.

@DaBomm4
Fastest Lap - 1:35.443
Drivers Choice - 8
The transmission is too tall.

@xande1959
Fastest Lap - 1:36.219
Drivers Choice - 7
The back wants to rotate under braking and the whole car just feels a little too loose.

@Bowtie-muscle
Fastest Lap - 1:36.363
Drivers Choice - 7
It feels like back has more oversteer to make up for the slight understeer in the front.

@Otaliema
Fastest Lap - 1:35.210
Drivers Choice - 9
The transmission feels nearly perfect, the front feels a little heavy though. It was a blast to drive.

@DolHaus
Fastest Lap - 1:36.746
Drivers Choice - 7
Sometimes being a little wild around the track can be effectively fast, the rear just wants to be a little too wild through some of the corners. The transmission also feels a little close overall.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Fastest Lap - 1:38.841
Drivers Choice - 6
Once I figured out the right way to throw this car around, it was fun but a little hard to control the front understeer sometimes. The rear likes coming out when 3/4 throttle or more while in most corners.

@MrGrado
Fastest Lap - 1:35.747
Drivers Choice - 7
There is a little bit of understeer in the front but the rear is nicely planted.

@JujiroMatsuda
Fastest Lap - 1:35.609
Drivers Choice - 7.5
The transmission feels a little close and the front has a little oversteer. Otherwise, it feels very nice.

@backnfourth
Fastest Lap - 1:34.909
Drivers Choice - 9
The front has a hint of understeer but the rest of the car was perfect.

Edit: I realized that I said TC instead of ABS, fixed.

Last edited:
@DaBomm4 thank you sir, I tried as I might to clear that heavy feeling but couldn't do it with causing serious grip problems. So tired around it best I could. I think the brakes ended up being the issue here. Hasn't had time to tweak the tune beaded on feed back yet.

FYI I'm running each car assist turned off, and again in reverse order with the required assist for the event. I run each set up at Silverstone for 5 laps to catch a feel for the set up, then I go to Madrid for a 10 lap session.

I've got 4 cars assist free testing complete, I should have the rest done later tonight. I plan to run with the event assist tomorrow after work.

Very interesting to see the different approaches used.

Anyone know if it's possible to not update and still access your save file? I have two cars to test still and there are unconfirmed reports of the driving physics chasing a tad

Since your save game is on your PS3, you should be able to just skip the update and continue testing. It wouldn't hurt to try it anyways.

Anyone know if it's possible to not update and still access your save file? I have two cars to test still and there are unconfirmed reports of the driving physics chasing a tad
Hmmmm. If you were testing in the offline arcade time trial you could just not connect to the internet but I'm guessing you are testing in the seasonal which means you'd probably have to be connected and it'll probabaly force you to update.... doh!

List order is the same as the order posted by @DigitalBaka found here.
All testing done in arcade mode grip=Real ABS=1 only aid active. All cars received the same treatment for laps. 5 laps to learn the tune. Two 2 lap sprints to set fast lap. I have found need to have a cool down lap after 2 full hard laps to get the tires back in line easier to just reset. 1 extra lap reserved for cars that I made a grievous error on a hot lap or if I think there is more in it and just want to check.
@DolHaus Tune here
Fastest lap:1:35.453 Drivers choice:6
Impressions of the tune;This car was well balanced, good turn in, and good grip through the entire corner. I found it to be a little tail happy if i got on the throttle hard at exit. It had extremely good slide stability to the point the car would auto correct itself as long as you were still pointed in the right direction mostly. The car felt heavy under breaking and corrections made during braking often lead to unplanned slides of the car. I did find that the LSD settings causing the tail to spin out in the sweeping right hander near the end.
Pro: good rotation, good stability
Con:couldn't get on the throttle hard, heavy under breaking

@DaBomm4 Tune Here
Fastest lap:1:34.935 Drivers choice: 7
Impressions of the tune; Easy does it. I didn’t feel confident with this car at first, It was just sliding all over. Once I stopped attacking the course and just took it for a cool down lap I found it was well balanced tune that would be really fast if you don’t attack the course just drive it, and I was right I blazed through the track when I just took it for a drive around the track. Transmission was a bit long I never really used 6th gear, it has very nicely spaced gearing. I did get an epic drift around the half moon turn, entry to exit was awesome. *takes notes on set up for stable drift*
Pro; Easy driver, stable and good recovery from spins and slides.
Con; Lack of grip on corner entry and exit prevented hard attack of the course.

@xande1959 Tune Here
Fastest lap: 1:35.425 Drivers choice: 6
Impressions of the tune; Precision is what is needed to tame this time, has excellent turn in, and very good mid corner grip, but i found exit grip a bit lacking. Throttle control is paramount on this tune. I found it to be a fun drive, I couldn’t quite get this one figured out, I could feel more speed in it I just couldn’t find it. The transmission looks odd but works very well, a bit long but otherwise it’s set up perfectly for the track as your shifting right before or right after a corner every time.
Pro; great turn in, and mid corner grip perfect transmission for the track.
Con; Absolute precision is required as the tune is unforgiving to mistakes or incorrect lines.

@Bowtie-muscle Tune Here
Fastest lap:1:35.054 Drivers choice: 7
Impressions of the tune; Good solid tune. Good turn in, good grip at exit, little light in the mid corner grip department but otherwise very balanced tune. It’s not quite an attack tune but it’s not a easy does it tune it’s some place in between for me. Had to be carful on braking as it would go to the wall if I missed a brake point.
Pro; Stable and balanced.
Con; Light on the mid corner grip.

@MrGrado Tune Here
Fastest lap:1:35.834 Drivers choice: 7
Impressions of the tune; this was a fun tune to drive, took a bit of adjustment as it looked to slide out the front under heavy breaking, it turned surprisingly very well with the chassis reinforcement in place. I find the transmission to smooth all be it s tad long never really got into 6th gear. The big problem I had was keeping the trail in check, it looked to step out if I got to aggressive with the throttle.
Pro; great rotation.
Con; lose tail poor slide recovery hard to hold a line in the tight corners

@JujiroMatsuda Tune Here
Fastest lap: 1:34.989 Drivers choice: 7
Impressions of the tune; Very well done tune, balance rotation was spot on, slide recovery was great. I find exit grip to great on the nose but found it lose on the tail, I was doing a lot of fish trail migration with this car. Transmission was smooth could have a tad longer to keep the car in the power band on the longer straits.
Pro: great rotation, and slide recovery and control
Con: lose tail hard to an aggressive line in the tight corners

@Otaliema Tune here
Fastest lap:1:34.267 Drivers choice: 9
Impressions of the tune; I was able to attack the corners going in hold it steady and nail the exits. Comparatively speaking this car is high, soft and short geared (except for JujiroMatsuda) but it’s balanced and able to hold a tight line and brake late. It will eat your time up cooking a corner as skid recovery is difficult, but manageable.
Pro; Great grip at corner entry and exit with good grip at mid corner
Con; short transmission needs lots of shifting, harder to recover from if you cook a corner.

@Ridox2JZGTE Tune here
Fastest lap:1:38.149 Drivers choice: 6
Impressions of the tune; The car was very well built. felt very much like a car that I could buy at the dealer. Kudos to that man hard thing to do in the game. As far as a racing tune. Not so much. I gave this car more lap time than any other trying to get it under control. Soon as I pushed it, I found a wall. The understeer was present even with left foot braking in use. I did find that it was a dream to drive as long as I drove it like a street car, slow steady corners easy on the throttle and brakes. I never got the car into the 30’s but I was highly consistent at 1:40 to 1:41 on 19 of the 22 laps I ran. This would be a fantastic cruise tune and track learning tune. *stashes it in the c tab for online cruising rooms*
Pro; Smooth fun comfortable drive
Con; Long gearing and understeer

@backnfourth Tune Here
Fastest lap:1:34.312 Drivers choice:9
Impressions of the tune; This car was blast to drive. It felt like it was glued to the track, it rotated when I wanted it to, it stopped rotating when I wanted. With some more time I could proly beat the time I logged with my tune. Transition was little off seemed a little sluggish, spacing was great just didn't feel like it was accelerating quickly. Breaking was a little long but no skid issues.
Pro; Excellent rotation, great slide control
Con; transmission felt sluggish, long breaking distance.

Edit: corrected link error with backnforth's tune link

Last edited:
Since your save game is on your PS3, you should be able to just skip the update and continue testing. It wouldn't hurt to try it anyways.
That worked perfectly never tried in the past had no reason lol.
Hmmmm. If you were testing in the offline arcade time trial you could just not connect to the internet but I'm guessing you are testing in the seasonal which means you'd probably have to be connected and it'll probabaly force you to update.... doh!
Thankfully I was testing in arcade mode per FITT rules :)

*yes I know this is a double post but I wanted to leave the test results a clean post*

Otaliema, check your time for ridox.

Backnfourth, you should post a time and drivers choice for your own tune in your results.

And I have results to post soon also.

Otaliema, check your time for ridox.

Backnfourth, you should post a time and drivers choice for your own tune in your results.

And I have results to post soon also.
Thank you, I re tested his car and didn't edit the time right.

Results

1:32.898 BowtieMuscle DC 10
1:32.926 Otalemia DC 9
1:33.016 BacknFourth DC 8
1:33.257 Dolhaus DC 9
1:33.514 Jurio DC 8
1:33.516 MrGrado DC 8
1:33.538 DaBomm4 DC 6
1:33.632 Xande DC 6
1:36.000 Ridox DC 4.

BowtieMuscle

Car responds to aggressive driving and subtle driving. Can direct the car with adjustments in brake input and throttle input. No gremlins in the tune at all. It doesn't feel like the tune is compromising lap time anywhere. It feels like it's just you and the track. Excellent tune!

Ridox

Gears bad for straight line speed. Bad push in corners. Just not sporty enough to compete with the other tunes.

Results

1:32.898 BowtieMuscle DC 10
1:32.926 Otalemia DC 9
1:33.016 BacknFourth DC 8
1:33.257 Dolhaus DC 9
1:33.514 Jurio DC 8
1:33.516 MrGrado DC 8
1:33.538 DaBomm4 DC 6
1:33.632 Xande DC 6
1:36.000 Ridox DC 4.

BowtieMuscle

Car responds to aggressive driving and subtle driving. Can direct the car with adjustments in brake input and throttle input. No gremlins in the tune at all. It doesn't feel like the tune is compromising lap time anywhere. It feels like it's just you and the track. Excellent tune!

Ridox

Gears bad for straight line speed. Bad push in corners. Just not sporty enough to compete with the other tunes.

It's a replica of stock road car, I didn't enter to win :lol: I got 1:34s with the car when I tested it Madrid :) If want closer to what it replicates, maybe use TC, ABS and mm ASM ? The real car is handful when the stability and traction control turned off ( it's got so many electronic aids )

Thank you gentlemen for taking time to test my tune. For experienced tuners like yourselves to try my novice setup is such an honor for me.👍 I only wish I could change the setup for more traction.lol

edit: have I worded correctly? My English is not perfect a lot of times:P

Last edited:
Thank you gentlemen for taking time to test my tune. For experienced tuners like yourselves to try my novice setup is such an honor for me.👍 I only wish I could change the setup for more traction.lol

edit: have I worded correctly? My English is not perfect a lot of times:P

Your set up was quite good, I personally don't like such high LSD acceleration settings I have issues controlling it. Sorry for all the typos in my write up on your tube, was late and I was using my phone.

Sorry bout the delay, I've got just one car left to finish up and the bonus MotorCity set up.

Running assist free with ABS-0 I got most cars running 1:35 and a couple 1:34 fastest laps. More important is Ive logged the average lap times for each 10lap session. The most consistent don't always push the fastest lap.

I've got a few questions.

Most tunes I have to adjust the FD to 5 then lower the top speed tuner adjust gears then readjust the FD.

Why is that done?

Also a few of the cars hit max travel in the suspension before the weight sets into the springs, is there a reason this is done? It's like hitting bump stops even thought there are none. Hitting max travel seems to do the same thing, flatline roll resistance.

Since we are running different assist during testing, can testers please post what was used for the times they post.

Last edited:
Sorry bout the delay, I've got just one car left to finish up and the bonus MotorCity set up.

Running assist free with ABS-0 I got most cars running 1:35 and a couple 1:34 fastest laps. More important is Ive logged the average lap times for each 10lap session. The most consistent don't always push the fastest lap.

I've got a few questions.

Most tunes I have to adjust the FD to 5 then lower the top speed tuner adjust gears then readjust the FD.

Why is that done?

Also a few of the cars hit max travel in the suspension before the weight sets into the springs, is there a reason this is done? It's like hitting bump stops even thought there are none. Hitting max travel seems to do the same thing, flatline roll resistance.

Motor City Garage....check out his tuning guide, it's a great help if you haven't.

Back