Fitting a Buttkicker LFE to my GT Omega office chair

So now play an audio file from PC you should be getting tactile.
Save the Preset to the amp as well

If the amp is getting a signal from your soundcard then signal meter in the inuke software will be moving from the input playing.

Last edited:
Should I be using a particular channel from my sound card? At present I'm using the headphones out. Or should I get a separate soundcard? when listening to music buttkicker is quite faint games and movies are better.

I'm a complete Noob when it comes to Tactile Transducers when being used for either watching movies, listening to music or Pc and consule gaming.

Any information I have gleaned has come from the posts from Mr Latte. When it comes to the net there is very little information out there. In fact I rang my local music hardware retailer in Norwich (Richer Sounds) to ask about what type of Amplifier to use and they didn't even know what a tactile transducer was let alone which type of amp to use.

This thread will be a progressive work in progress, diary type of blog with the intent that if there is anyone out there contemplating having a go but not knowing where to start this might be of some use, plus I suspect as I get closer to the goal of completion there may be some that might make suggestions who actually know what they are talking about.

I will be posting photo's and explanations of what I have done, and explaining what equipment I have used.

Hi Greg - great thread! Are the tactile transducers just going on the seat? What about the pedal area? Do you have a project plan / proposed layout of the system you could share with us.

Hi Greg - great thread! Are the tactile transducers just going on the seat? What about the pedal area? Do you have a project plan / proposed layout of the system you could share with us.

Unfortunately I'm not going to have the room to put anything under my pedal so it's going to be for the seat only which isn't ideal but better than nothing.

Sorry not been about to respond earilier today, I waited for over an hour on you responding last night when trying to help as you seem to of dissappeared lol.

Would need you to give me a breakdown on how you have PC connected for I presume both speaker and tactile audio outputs and cabling? Does your soundcard/motherboard support stereo output for both speakers and headphones? I dont know how you have things connected as to why you are getting a weak signal.

You can increase the GAIN to max to increase the signal strength when setting your crossover.
Set the crossover to use 20-130Hz (can be tailored later). If you still need additional GAIN you could try setting the GEQ to boost say 20Hz-50Hz.

I can help but see the earlier screens its not a hard thing to grasp when you play around a little and get familular with the amps software and use the onscreen display.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Edit)

I think you could find an adapter that supports multiple HDMI inputs (PC/CONSOLE) possibly has a small remote to make selecting simple and will output the audio in both analogue and digital at the same time all within one box/unit. This would suit the PC as well by setting in windows your GPU HDMI as "default audio device".

THIS as an example will support upto 4K resolution (if you may need this in future but if you do check if it supports 60Hz not 30Hz at 4K) but you also need to confirm this or other alternative if connecting an analogue 3.5mm audio jack (for Buttkicker) it still continues to send the audio to HDMI or OPTICAL source as well to forward your audio to monitor/tv or speaker system (dont know what you have or use). I expect most will but do not want you to purchase one to find out when connecting the 3.5mm it stops the audio going over HDMI/OPTICAL as you need both.

THIS is cheaper but with no support for 4K only 1080p
THIS looks a good deal with remote but 4K may only support 30Hz

Any of these contact the seller or add a question to confirm it will transmit audio over both digital and analouge outputs at same time.

Last edited:
Thanks again for your input, I think it's going to take me a bit of time to get the best out of it but so far I'm enjoying it. Be better when i get the xbox sorted. Tried project cars out yesterday, it's so much more immersive. Only problem is I can't reach the pedals now so I've had to make a platform to raise it up which stops the pedals moving around anyhow.

One quick question: On my sound blaster 7.1 which channel should I be hooking the amp wire up to?

Okay I am glad its working for you, kinda funny about the pedals though. :)
Cant you lower the seat with the gas type cylinder?

Let me try to get upto speed here with what your using. You can use the BK LFE in two different ways with your audio. Look into your software config for the soundcard

It can work from the SUBWOOFER channel (see your manual or connections) and this may then be determined by what you set for the crossover level (within your 7.1 config for the LFE output to operate, eg 80Hz or say 50Hz) With Dolby Digital what happens is ALL channels bass frequencies (to the crossover level you set eg 50Hz / 80Hz) are sent to the LFE channel which your inuke will recieve and the BK will use.

* Edit
Link or post image to the actual card you are using.

With 7.1 you may have to independently set the output level for this (.1) SUBWOOFER channel within the software. You should have an option to do this and ensure you are not using any "midnight mode" or feature that would restrict its output.

Sub Vs Stereo
Alternatively you could use STEREO L/R output as the source for your BK to use but this differs in that you will only get the output from the front stereo channels combined into mono. What you prefer is your choice. I prefer to stick with stereo as it better suits music and wider range of sources. This is why I questioned what you were doing for audio and if you had 2x sets of Stereo L/R audio outputs or not (eg speaker & headphone sockets) on your soundcard.

Feel free to post screenshots of software or if you want to look into the inuke DSP features later we can try to fine tune if you want to do so.

Look forward though to more on your opinions and impressions.
If you have a TV or Montor that has audio out for headphones you may be able to forward the XBOX audio into the inuke with 3.5mm-XLR cable. Some units allow the dsiplay to have its own speaker level and headphone levels (My Phillips TV does this).

Last edited:
Thanks again for your help and advice Mr Latte. I've not been able to post anything for a couple of days as I have been busy trying to get the best out of the Buttkicker and making sure my soundcard etc is setup correctly.

At last I now have it working on my Xbox one. The feedback I get from this is awesome!!! Managed to get it working using the microphone jack on my 32" Panasonic.

After I put my chair back together last week and installed the Buttkicker I found that the thumping from my LFe was felt more in my back than in my butt. So on Monday evening I took it all to bits again and made a few alterations.

Where the Buttkicker bolts onto the plate I had originally put some Bitumen anti drone pad in between the two but I decided to take it off just on the part where the Buttkicker is fitted and the vibration definitely feels as if it travels into the middle of the seat now.

On the Pc side of things I have turned up the gain which certainly makes a big difference.

Nice to hear from you @Greg Garfoot, please keep in touch and express your findings with it.

Some interesting news and your alteration removing the pad is intriguing but goes to show just standard rubber or rubber washers may of been been sufficent and the Bitumen had too much of an effect in the dampening. I had not used it before so clearly it is very good at deflecting vibrations.

Are you experiencing any bad rattles or pinging from the metal used? I think it is more likely to happen on thinner metal from past trials my end anyways. Keep me informed also on your usage of the crossover or other inuke software features.

I could do with a good adapter type option for using both analogue and digital audio connections myself.

Have you a general idea when you may be adding the other units, this year or after Christmas perhaps?

Last edited:
Hi Greg wondering how things are going, any issues or have you delved with toying around with the PEQ etc? Just got a cheap dsp 1000 on ebay saving about £60 that will add to my collection and towards my own goals.

Any games or uses you have found to particulary enjoy with your LFE?

Hi Mr Latte, yes really pleased with the performance of my LFE not really played around too much yet but I would like to fine tune it but I'm not a 100% sure what the differences are. Gears 4 rocks, Horizon 3 is really good so is the Division.

Puts watching movies into a different dimension. By the way I'm not getting any pinging from the steel work so the anti drone pads seem to be doing its job.

I'm probably going to have to wait until sring time before I think about the other two mini LFE's fitted and making room for another Amp in the mix. I do love the versatility of the Inuke thanks again for all your reccomendations.

Pleased for you that it went well thus far Greg, it was a LOT of money to invest into your first "tactile experience".

Back