XBOne Flight Simulator

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by PzR Slim, Jun 9, 2019.

1. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Might have stole the show for me. Absolutely stunning!

2. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

Definitely has my attention. Haven't played a flight sim since Flight Unlimited 3.

3. Novalee

Novalee

Yea i always wanted to play this but never had a good enough pc to try it . Im thinking of getting xbox in 2020 then if stadia is actualy working good switch over to that in 2021 2022 timeframe

4. crooky369

crooky369

The last one is ancient now and the only decent alternatives from what I’ve seen are expensive games where you have to buy every little bit of content.

Bring it on.

5. Robin

Robin Premium

Looks nice, just hope it's not a microtransaction and DLC nightmare! A new MS brand Flight Simulator has been a long time coming.

Novalee likes this.
  6. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

*gets hopes up for a Microsoft Train Simulator follow-up*

7. Nielsen

Nielsen

No doubt the best news from the otherwise boring E3 briefing. Hopefully it will perform well on standard Xbox One.

It has been ages since these titles came out with frequent intervals, and I was certain they had become a thing of the past.

8. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

9. bluemoon_19

bluemoon_19 Premium

It's looking good but I don't even wanna think how much hard drive space that thing is going to eat. if the textures are as good as shown in that video for the whole world its gonna be well over 100GB maybe even 200GB

10. VBR

VBR Premium

Great trailer, looks awesome.

:drool:

Nielsen likes this.
  11. Nielsen

Nielsen

How is this going to work on a standard Xbox controller? Previous titles had hundreds of commands for various aspects of plane control.

It's hard to see how this won't require a keyboard accessory.

12. Joey D

Joey D Premium

I hope this most geared for PC than console. The last time MS tried a flight sim with consoles in mind it failed badly.

Revoy likes this.
  13. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Microsoft Flight was fun, but ultimately crap.

I'm guessing this new MS:FS is a ground-up project in many ways - Lockheed own the old software (published as Prepar3d), I'm just worried at the console crossover. Pretty graphics won't be much good if you can't fly a full-fidelity PDMG 777.

14. Revoy

Revoy

I'm not sure who the target audience is though. Most of us who are genuinely interested in Flight Simulator would want all access to all the buttons and knobs associated (i.e. use of keyboard & mouse). So to see it for Xbox is a little worrying. But I guess it's still too soon to tell yes?

15. VXR

VXR

I for one hope - and judging by the graphics approach - it should have a simplified ‘game’ control set like GTA but tighter with less emphasis on stunt heroics, but without punishing you for getting it slightly wrong or looking at the control panel funny.

As for the Azure technology, I guess now’s the perfect time to relaunch a title like this. It looks incredible.

16. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Now I wait for AirforceProud95 to start uploading himself messing around in multiplayer :)

17. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Might need to dust off my old joystick (if it's compatible) and get an authentic Airbus A320 experience! I just hope my PC can run it...

18. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

[​IMG]

GTvsForza likes this.
  19. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

He's one of the more entertaining guys I'm subscribed to :)

My favorite one is when that guy that sounded like Obama was playing with him in a lobby :lol:

Robin and SecretAgentZero like this.
  20. warp9engage

warp9engage

This was my favorite part of Xbox at E3. Stunning.

I hope they have an extensive aircraft list and that, since it's coming on Xbox, the game has a more simplified mode for flying. Play on PC with the full setup, turn realism to maximum, but if a controller is what you've got, you can tune things down.

Nielsen, VXR and PzR Slim like this.
  21. bluemoon_19

bluemoon_19 Premium

Modding was a big part of the older games and i belive a few other xbox games support mods so maybe this one will too, if it's coming to console anyway that is.

22. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Hard to see why it wouldn't be coming to consoles being as they announced it during the Xbox conference. It does seem somewhat unclear though.

23. warp9engage

warp9engage

The official Flight Simulator product page lists Windows 10 and Xbox, as the platforms.

EDIT: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

MagpieRacer likes this.
  24. wolfsburgraz

wolfsburgraz

This looked absolutely stunning. I would love to hear what kind of hardware they were running when they captured this, the old flight sim games murdered my PC back in the day. I'll be checking it out on Xbox One as I haven't had a capable gaming PC since AMD K7's and Geforce 2 GTS's were a thing.

Xbox One supports mouse and keyboard, they will probably have a basic control setup for people playing on a pad and then a more robust mode available for people that want it. I'd imagine the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One will be compatible as well.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t-flight-hotas-one-ace-combat-7-limited-edition

25. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

But I would be able to use an Xbox controller for the game on PC? I don't want to buy an Xbox console just for one game.