Flight Simulator

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 956 comments
God dammit this is unbelieveable.
H7uynFP.gif

If you want play this game offline, better start buying harddrives:)
The game will need 2000 terabyte(at highest detail) of free space on your harddisk :D
Thats a download time of arround 5 years with a 100mbit connection.

AWESOME :D

If you want play this game offline, better start buying harddrives:)
The game will need 2000 terabyte(at highest detail) of free space on your harddisk :D
Thats a download time of arround 5 years with a 100mbit connection.

AWESOME :D
In the video he says you'll be able to download "regions of the world" for offline playing. So it's probably restricted to smaller areas at a time.

I haven't been keeping up with VR. Is the available tech up to great standards to support simulators such as this? Or do we have to wait a bit longer for VR to be a genuine "yes this is it, this is what we've been waiting for".
The tech isn't quite up to snuff yet I would say**. The resolution isn't quite there and it's still way too demanding on the GPU. Also there are issues with godrays, screen-door effect, FOV and distortion in varying degrees.

Still, my impression is that most of those who use VR think it's awesome and would never go back to flat screen, despite the issues mentioned above. I suppose it's like with everything else; once you get used to the issues you start to overlook/forgive them.

**Unless you shell out a divorce-expediting 4,900 Euros that is...

Last edited:
I realise the words "photo realistic" get thrown around a lot, but this actually is.
Serious jaw drop at 05:47, just sayin'.

Barcelona and Florence are perfect :drool:

(Probably the other cities too, but I don’t know them well enough to be able to tell)

This is fortuitous timing. I happen to be getting back into flight simming after a hiatus and in the market for a new PC. I wonder what kind of specs we'll need for this.

So this is about to become the largest game ever made. There are no hard drives anywhere near big enough to install it fully even at its lowest detail !

I'm wondering if they will also release this new flight simulator to the Xbox X Series someday since it will mostly be more powerful than the outgoing Xbox One.

Check the thread prefix ;)
It's coming to Xbox One and PC. Should probably transfer nicely to next gen also due to the new compatibility features.

Forgetting one.
PS5/4

Oh yea.
Xbox can because it's microsoft.
Just another exclusive.

It's not coming to the Playstation at this time, or at least there hasn't been any announcement from MS that it will be.

I know that.
Just would hope that maybe a decent flight for PS would be nice.

Nice, that's me sorted for the very best experience! Has there been any talk about VR implementation?
Post number 7 from the top of this page. ;)

EDIT: Oh wait, you probably meant recent talk :lol:. I haven't heard anything. (Haven't checked either though)

Last edited:
I haven't been keeping up with VR. Is the available tech up to great standards to support simulators such as this? Or do we have to wait a bit longer for VR to be a genuine "yes this is it, this is what we've been waiting for".
Even PSVR is OK. Sure there is room for improvement, but its enjoyable right now(if you have decent PC).

August 18 is the big day.
https://www.flightsimulator.com/mic...-for-pc-also-with-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-beta/

Three editions:
  • The Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition ($59.99 USD) includes 20 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 30 hand-crafted airports. The Standard Edition will be available on day one with Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta).
  • The Deluxe Edition ($89.99 USD) includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator’s standard edition plus 5 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 5 additional handcrafted international airports.
  • The Premium Deluxe Edition ($119.99 USD) includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator Standard Edition plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 10 additional handcrafted international airports.
table1.jpg

table2.jpg

Back