Flyin' Miata Super Cup S2 | Season Complete - Thanks to all participants!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 176 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Note: Season is complete. If you would like to join us for the next one, see the thread for that HERE. đź‘Ť

49052887772_59e1c5351a_o.png

Welcome everyone! After a fairly successful revival season, we're back for yet another. This will be our second season in GT Sport, and 8th season total on the Gran Turismo platform. We've come a long way, and continue to evolve, but the racing is always fantastic. Take a look around and if you enjoy what you see, please consider signing up. :)

This season we'll be following a similar format to the last one (x3 15 minute sprint races), with a few changes:
  • Total of 5 rounds for points, with a 6th round TBD (based on Nov/Dec DLC and participation numbers)
  • Switch to using a mix of real and fantasy circuits
  • More realistic car specifications: weight and power increases to 220hp / 2,086 lbs (946 kg)
  • Co-driver system where you can recruit a friend to race for you in case of an absence
Series Info
Coming Soon
49056772633_7e6006d792_o.png
- Michelin - (Type 01) x4 stickers. Two on the front bumper, two on the rear bumper. Can be on the corners or on the sides in front/behind the tires.
- Mazda - LINK - x1 sticker. Place on the front bumper between the turn signal lamps.
- Number Plate - LINK - Resize so that it fits between the front door line and the rear part of the fender extension as shown in the example below. Number font and color are open, as long as they are legible.
- Place a 3rd number on the left side of the rear panel as shown below.
- Any 5-lug wheel can be used.
- Windshield banner should be 'Normal'. (black)
- Driver name is optional.

49052652226_a947b8767a_o.png

Schedule
49139231218_719482b242_o.png
49139918732_dd0966c9c6_o.png
49139722321_64de08941f_o.png
49139916617_6d39f97c5e_o.png
49139720321_3e4bf2b528_o.png
49336667222_a7dba09c2b_o.png

If you would like to register for this series, click the big registration button below. Before doing so, please check the current entry list by clicking on 'Driver Lists' to make sure you do not choose a duplicate number. If you need to make a correction to your entry, just tag me in a post with the changes and I will edit the sheet.

Race Results
Race 1
49191200506_6931ba50d2_o.png

Race 2
49190699543_4082afbeed_o.png

Race 3
49190699043_9a17724051_o.png

Last edited:
Should have a testing lobby open on Sunday so people can get a feel for it. I like it, but it takes a little more patience I think.
I'll see if i can attend, i'm pretty busy sunday evening. But I'm looking into it.

two of my friends in my team seemed pretty interested in registering for this series, I just don't know what they are waiting to register in the thread. I told them to register on the thread though, so I guess we just have to wait. Assume maximum two more people, they just don't have GTP accounts, must be why.

We are a week out from starting and have 7 cars registered. Spread the word if you know anyone that might be interested. I'd like to get at least ~12 before we start, which may end up postponing it a week or two.

I’ll see with my active friend list, let’s get this event started, i don’t mind if it’s postpone. As long as we get enough people to make this event enjoyable, as long as it may take

i've posted this thread on few GT communities I'm active on and asked few of my friend that are clean and fast racer. It doesn't seem to go well though :/

i've posted this thread on few GT communities I'm active on and asked few of my friend that are clean and fast racer. It doesn't seem to go well though :/
Not surprised. We're not an established racing league so that isn't helping. Might take a break for a bit.

Yeah turns out I'll have stuff to take care off until the end of the year at least so won't be in this sadly. Keep me in line if there's another one after this or if it gets delayed though.

I found someone ; kinda. He says that his sundays are hit/miss. So, if we can pair him with someone who also is unsure whether he can make all the events, it will be one more entry.

It's better than nothing

Someone want to register but he doesn't have a GT Planet account, it would be useless to him since he doesn't speak english. But I can make sure he participates to the events once they are started. What should he write in GTP account field?

He seems very interested and motivated by the series though

Someone want to register but he doesn't have a GT Planet account, it would be useless to him since he doesn't speak english. But I can make sure he participates to the events once they are started. What should he write in GTP account field?

He seems very interested and motivated by the series though
Just duplicate the PSN name for now.

Working on a WTCR series. Let's see it be a massive failure too. :lol:
Very interested. Nice idea. But it's sad no one is interested in Miata :(
So much potential this series has.
IMO I think it will be a nice idea to make Miata an IRS championship if DesertPenguin is interested. This will be useful because people maybe just don't open the thread. With an "IRS" tag people will be more interested to have a look. Let's say, if every GTPlanet Forums member interested in Sim-Racing had a look at the thread we would already have 2 lobbies IMO.

Very interested. Nice idea. But it's sad no one is interested in Miata :(
So much potential this series has.
IMO I think it will be a nice idea to make Miata an IRS championship if DesertPenguin is interested. This will be useful because people maybe just don't open the thread. With an "IRS" tag people will be more interested to have a look. Let's say, if every GTPlanet Forums member interested in Sim-Racing had a look at the thread we would already have 2 lobbies IMO.
I find it a bit crazy that the only reason someone would click on the thread is for the addition of three letters. Wouldn't be ran any differently, racing would be just as good. I don't get it.

I find it a bit crazy that the only reason someone would click on the thread is for the addition of three letters. Wouldn't be ran any differently, racing would be just as good. I don't get it.
"Let's say, if every GTPlanet Forums member interested in Sim-Racing had a look at the thread we would already have 2 lobbies"
This is why. We have to make people see the thread. So maybe with the IRS tag more people open the thread. Like: are you interested in an event organised by Formula 1 or an event organised by an unknown person? This is what I'm talking about. But it's just my opinion.

Back