Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Season 1 | Congrats to Champion GT_Alex74!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 745 comments

Preferred start time?

• 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • 1pm PDT / 4pm EDT / 8pm GMT

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 9pm GMT

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 10pm GMT

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. R1600Turbo
2. TPC_Pigems
3. AlexMart55
4. RappyThePro
5. GT-Alex74_VS
6. Nic-KL
7. GrayFox32
8. VR6_SLC_V-DUB

Unfortunately I think you have two things going against you.

1) You're a single person and not an organization, so people automatically think of this as more casual.

Woah Woah that's very presumptuous. I've run my stuff for many years under my own banner as a simple way of letting people it's my stuff from a distance. Also just because a single person runs something does not make it more casual or less well-run - in fact big issue with many series groups is too many cooks in the kitchen.

Acronyms often mean it’s an event run by self-important pricks, and that seems to be the case with about 70% of the series on GTP.

The truth is that most people are incredibly boring and anything other than Gr.3 or Gr.4 scares them.

This last bit... People aren't interested because GTS class system focus and BoP means especially with GT3 it's easy to be lazy. That's more a GTS-orientated thing however imo.

Everyone:
For the F1 face, Formula 1 gave a gift to people that live in some States (Germany and I don't remember what else). So use VPN and watch the race on a tablet/phone while you race.

Not racing today, and won’t be able to race next week either, my season is over

One of my favourite NASCAR races today, don’t want to miss it and I won’t be competitive at Bathurst. I’ve been watching the races in the background every other week. Next week I’ll be on vacation.

Good stuff today guys despite the low turnout, will get the points updated here in a few minutes. If you know anyone that would like to join us at Catalunya, please send them this way. I think if we end up with a grid lower than 10 cars we might cancel.

My races were so-so. Can't get a handle on this car at all when I have to use 2nd gear so I really struggled at Forrest Elbow and the last corner. Was able to hang with Nick and Alex for a few laps but a big mistake cost me a lot of time and that was that. Second race the car was super loose, couldn't keep the rear in check. Almost lost it coming down the hill at Skyline, really surprised I didn't completely lose it. Last race the car was much better, lots of grip. Just lost too much time at the beginning of the race fighting for 3rd and couldn't gain on the leaders no matter how hard I tried. Was running my fastest laps all day and watched helplessly as the gap to 2nd hovered around 3 seconds. :( Pretty consistent with three 3rd place though. :P

As fun as multiple times of day can be for immersion, it really sucks to have inconsistent grip across the races and have to figure it out as you go. It's a safer bet to keep the times the same and that way you know what you're getting into lap after lap, race after race.

As fun as multiple times of day can be for immersion, it really sucks to have inconsistent grip across the races and have to figure it out as you go. It's a safer bet to keep the times the same and that way you know what you're getting into lap after lap, race after race.
That's part of the fun actually.

Edit: Points updated.

That’s what makes it fun, otherwise it’d be pretty boring

That was fun today, great racing guys. I almost managed to go all 3 races without crashing too. :lol:
If we get Spa this week, maybe you can switch the last race to that, might help get more guys to show up with a new track? I just hope it doesn’t get canceled, this series has been really fun, and I feel like I’ve learned a lot from chasing you guys. :cheers:

There is one person from the team i'm in that is interested in racing with us next week. He sent his registration form and will make a GTP account soon enough. a few more might be interested, I'll keep you updated
Ask him if he prefers a different number, the one he chose is already taken.

sorry bout missing yesterday's race guys, went to work to get some cars out before I leave for vacation next week, which btw will be missing this coming Sunday as well. @R1600Turbo

Wow, absolute nightmare yesterday evening. I really had the pace, but it was like... everyone else was faster than me. It was like I had some issues with the car. Anyway, how many of you do use a Sequential Shifter? Because shifting with paddles doesn't feel that good, changing gear takes so much.

Wow, absolute nightmare yesterday evening. I really had the pace, but it was like... everyone else was faster than me. It was like I had some issues with the car. Anyway, how many of you do use a Sequential Shifter? Because shifting with paddles doesn't feel that good, changing gear takes so much.
I've been using the manual shifter all season. Probably costing me a few tenths a lap but I like the added immersion.

Also, if you'd stuck it out for all the races you recently dropped out of you would be probably 3-4 spots higher in the points. ;)

I do have a shifter but I use the paddles for this car. :)

I've been using the manual shifter all season. Probably costing me a few tenths a lap but I like the added immersion.

Also, if you'd stuck it out for all the races you recently dropped out of you would be probably 3-4 spots higher in the points. ;)
Oh my god it's the third time I tell you I'm not caring about points because I suck. I don't get any dollars if I finish better than where I am now lol

Back