**Flyin' Miata Super Cup Season 2 Official Thread | CLOSED | Season 3 Link Inside**

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,759 comments
  • 214,836 views

What should we do?

  • Cancel Autumn Ring, Run Laguna Super Enduro (80 laps)

    Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Suspend all racing until June 12th

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Keep as is and hope PSN is back up soon

    Votes: 5 14.7%

  • Total voters
    34
Status
Not open for further replies.
For quali we're running a Saturday session too (like was the norm before)?
It looks like I'm going to be doing both cars that day as I'm taking the new car and puppy on a country drive out to visit with my folks tonight.... not sure if I'll be back for tonight's session.
 
:D You crack me up. Congrats on the new car, looks good! Just in time for some good weather, too.

Gotta admit though... the new "weeeeeee!" face makes the car so happy it even has dimples. ;)
 
Qualifying for sure tonight, will have to let everyone know about tomorrow's session. We may end up doing a quick session before the race on Sunday. I might be going to a drifting event in Vegas tomorrow and will be there over night.

Edit: Check this out:

GT4_Test_1.jpg
 
Qualifying for sure tonight, will have to let everyone know about tomorrow's session. We may end up doing a quick session before the race on Sunday. I might be going to a drifting event in Vegas tomorrow and will be there over night.

Edit: Check this out:

GT4_Test_1.jpg

Pretty interesting stuff.

What track were you using for testing?

Red = Limited??? What is limited? Power? Ballast?
 
Autumn Ring Reverse, Limited power.
 
Autumn Ring Reverse, Limited power.

Do you recall if tire wear was pretty uniform across the field or were the heavier cars eating up their tires quicker?
 
I haven't tested them online yet. Could probably test that using the Evora and the Camaro. I tested the Mustang GT as well, but even though it had more power than the Camaro and weighed like 350kg less, it could only muster a 1:23.9xx. Weird.
 
I haven't tested them online yet. Could probably test that using the Evora and the Camaro. I tested the Mustang GT as well, but even though it had more power than the Camaro and weighed like 350kg less, it could only muster a 1:23.9xx. Weird.

Yeah we noticed that during Muscle Car Monday in chuyler's 450pp. The Camaro seems to just have tons of grip despite the heft.
 
I'm new to this and I'm in GT Roadster class, when are we qualifying tomorrow?
 
Regarding the gt series if only PD included more Aston Martin's.

255187_10150209200998355_15678718354_7405743_3771054_n.jpg
 
I'm new to this and I'm in GT Roadster class, when are we qualifying tomorrow?

We may not qualify tomorrow. It will be tonight or on Sunday before the races.
 
Glad to see everyone is coming back. 👍
 
I'll definitely try to make it to tonight's quali, but work may once again prevent that. :grumpy:
 
Tonight's qualifying session will also be a practice session for those that need to get up to speed with Tsukuba using the Moto chicane.
 
R1600Turbo
Tonight's qualifying session will also be a practice session for those that need to get up to speed with Tsukuba using the Moto chicane.

Going to be so much fun!
 
Sweetness :) See ya'll tonight!
 
We should be ok for qualifying tomorrow as well. I've decided I don't want to spend the money to go to the drift thing. 🤬 hate being broke. :mad:
 
I should be on tonight after the bruins game.I have to set all my **** up. Going to try my my best.I havent raced in weeks maybe months.Going to have feww cocktails tonight so ya.
 
I managed to dust things down last night and gave both the GT and Spec' cars a run out on Japanese soil. Glad to hear that there will be qualifying tomorrow, as I couldn't make tonight, although it's a shame that's it's because you're broke RT!

Not sure what lap times to be looking for, but managed 58.6xx GT (normal Tsukuba) and 1'09.5xx Spec' (with moto chicane, didn't think I'd like the addition, but with the spec car, it's cool). If anyone is still on late tonight (11:30 Mountain time) I may catch you for some practice fun.

Glad to see this series kicking off again. :)
 
I managed to dust things down last night and gave both the GT and Spec' cars a run out on Japanese soil. Glad to hear that there will be qualifying tomorrow, as I couldn't make tonight, although it's a shame that's it's because you're broke RT!

Story of my life. :lol:

Anywho, I've reversed the color scheme on my car as well. Just a heads up so everyone knows to look for a white car with purple wheels instead of the other way around. ;)
 
It's my wife's birthday on Monday. She just got this weekend off(she usually works on the weekend). So.. it looks like no race for me as I will be spending her birthday weekend with her in celebration. Good luck everyone. Hopefully I can catch you guys next week.
 
I am going to miss quali tonight. I'm meeting with the co-owner of my first track car! '94 Spec Miata
 
^^^ Jealous!

Quali Room CLOSED
 
Last edited:
A few pictures of the new track toy that I picked up tonight ...

SM-1.jpg


SM-2.jpg
 
R1600Turbo
^^^ Jealous!

Quali Room OPEN

1472-6118-3615-5260-2375

At bar, trying to ditch people. Too many shots. Want to T-bone, I mean, race Miatas.
 
A few pictures of the new track toy that I picked up tonight ...

Man, I'm really trying to get into racing right now and seeing stuff like that makes me sad. :( Enjoy!
 
Man, I'm really trying to get into racing right now and seeing stuff like that makes me sad. :( Enjoy!

I've been dreaming of this for a while. I've been on a local track (CMP) with my 951, but I can not afford to track that car (maintenance intensive). The Miata just sorted of popped up. I am sharing the car with a good friend ... it would not have been possible for me any other way.
 
CurlyDE
I've been on a local track (CMP) with my 951, but I can not afford to track that car (maintenance intensive).

Yes they are. Need to change the clutch, sure, let's pull the motor and trans. You have a 2.5, 2.7, 2.8, or 3.0?
 
Yes they are. Need to change the clutch, sure, let's pull the motor and trans. You have a 2.5, 2.7, 2.8, or 3.0?

2.5 turbo (k26/6), the suspension has been updated to match the 944 spec series requirements (koni shocks, 30mm torsion bars, 400lb front springs, M030 sways, delrin where possible) ... stock otherwise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back