**Flyin' Miata Super Cup Season 2 Official Thread | CLOSED | Season 3 Link Inside**

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,759 comments
  • 214,867 views

What should we do?

  • Cancel Autumn Ring, Run Laguna Super Enduro (80 laps)

    Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Suspend all racing until June 12th

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Keep as is and hope PSN is back up soon

    Votes: 5 14.7%

  • Total voters
    34
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 944, is IMO, a beautiful car. My friend has one but the car is prohibitively expensive to maintain as a daily driver, let alone a race car for a spec 944 series and such.
 
The 944, is IMO, a beautiful car. My friend has one but the car is prohibitively expensive to maintain as a daily driver, let alone a race car for a spec 944 series and such.

I agree. The shop that we purchased the Miata from had a spec prepared 944 also ... but my experience with the turbo turned me away from that.
 
CurlyDE
I agree. The shop that we purchased the Miata from had a spec prepared 944 also ... but my experience with the turbo turned me away from that.

Yes, we have this dude at the shop that has dumped over $60,000 into his 944 with a 3.0 turbo, piston squirter motor. Spec racing is one thing but nearly 2.0 bar and 600hp does wonders for all the stock components of a 944. They make great garage queens and being that they are so pretty I have no qualms with staring at them for extended periods of time.
 
Last edited:
Yes, we have this dude at the shop that has dumped over $60,000 into his 944 with a 3.0 turbo, piston squirter motor. Spec racing is one thing but nearly 2.0 bar and 600hp does wonders for all the stock components of a 944. They make great garage queens and being that they are so pretty I have no quaims with staring at them for extended periods of time.

Mine is in pieces at the moment ... the stock coolant tank split on me (original, 20+ years old). I bought the aluminum tank from Lindsey Racing and also replacing the coolant hoses.

951-coolant.jpg
 
Nice toys curly 👍
 
is there a laptime i have to beat for the first room tomorrow for tonights quali
 
Only a few people have qualified, no bubble yet.
 
Just so I don't screw up the Time Zone difference, quali's at 5:30PM PDT, right?
 
Yes.

Note to those that PM'd me: I should have the room open for a while tonight so you should be able to make it. I will not be hosting a qualifying room tomorrow however, so if you can't qualify tonight and there's still room for you to race you'll just start at the back.
 
spec warm up :

warmed
 
Last edited:
Official Qualifying Room is CLOSED
 
Last edited:
what has two thumbs and just bought the happiest car in the world?

drw-mx5-thisguy.jpg


See you all this weekend.
Shopping for an NB, saw the pic below, and thought I'd share :)
20750842898.300554997.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
 
I didn't do a quali run in GT, but I'm guessing that doesn't matter much. I wasn't getting the best times, and I get the sense not a lot of people showed up for GT.
 
Can I still join the race tomorrow at the back of the pack if you didnt get 16 drivers to qualify?
 
Shopping for an NB, saw the pic below, and thought I'd share :)
20750842898.300554997.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Thanks in part to this series, I'm now seriously considering buying a brand new MX-5 for daily use. Drove by the dealership, and saw they had red-tagged some 2011s for $18k...
 
Can I still join the race tomorrow at the back of the pack if you didnt get 16 drivers to qualify?

13 qualified, so yes. The last three spots will be open to whoever get's their butt in their first. :dopey:
 
13 qualified, so yes. The last three spots will be open to whoever get's their butt in their first. :dopey:

Yay, I'm with family so I'll be trying to sneak one of those spots ;)
 
Yeah. Saturday's been a bad day for. So I'll just ask again if it'd be cool to do quali. One more day for the sake of having restarted the series.
 
Yeah. Saturday's been a bad day for. So I'll just ask again if it'd be cool to do quali. One more day for the sake of having restarted the series.

You going to be on tonight?
 
On right now :)
 
Thanks RT 👍

btw, I was wrong about having to stay up til 8 for the end of Le Mans. There's only three hours left! and Bourdais is only 4 seconds ahead of the #2 Audi in second place!!! Actually a battle in the last few hours this could be classic!
 
I looked at the schedule for today and there's quite a few event races going on tonight where I work. I don't think I'll be leaving on time so if I'm not there on time, 8pm EST, then I didn't get out when I wanted to.

If I'm not there - Good luck to ya'll 👍
 
Here's your qualifying results. Now you can see how I sort them during qualifying. :)

Edit: This will have a mixture of PSN and GTP names. :lol:

spec_qual_results_tsukuba.jpg
 
Show Up. No practice. Run 2 laps. Last.

Awesome. :)

Also, I did change my GT colours.

Blue-Graphite Pearleffekt / Silver Chrome.
 
Couple quick notes about today:

1) Remember a pit stop during the race is required.
2) GT cars will qualify before their race.
 
I am going to destroy all of you! :)

:cheers:
 
Potential Best Lap: 1'09.504
Code:
1	GTP_Welsh-Bain		16.091	[COLOR="Purple"]21.791[/COLOR]	31.818
2	BrosifDuder		[COLOR="purple"]15.926[/COLOR]	21.966	31.936
4	TnJF			16.073	22.216	[COLOR="purple"]31.787[/COLOR]

Woo Hoo! row 2
 
Couple quick notes about today:

1) Remember a pit stop during the race is required.
2) GT cars will qualify before their race.

Ah, that's what happened with GT quali... :)

@Turbo: GT class doesn't do the Moto Chicane at Tsukuba, right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back