Flyin' Miata Super Cup! Spec Miata Championship

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 292 comments
toothache, you're weclome to join us tonight man.

I'm gonna be heading home just in a minute. There's traffic so I might get there just in time, don't start quali. Without me! :D

Wardez hurry up man you've been appearing away for minutes now we're all waiting for you! hahahaha

Great race guys, I just finished updating our OP and the points, make sure you re-read the OP.

I changed qualifying to a simple pre-race procedure. Who's allowed to race you ask?
First 16 people to show up :).

DJ's leading Fantomas by 8 points right now but remember only your best 5 rounds will count toward the championship. So Fantomas could drop another race and take lead.

Good luck to the front runners on our last three races, it's been pretty epic so far.

Here's the points:
kHN9A.jpg

Click here to see the spreadsheet itself with individual rounds:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...HdVZlMzbkxpTWM0NV9Xa2twTEhUMkE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Wow, I'm doing a lot better than I thought!

Great racing tonight, I owe it one to Fantomas' AI! :lol: Those last few laps were intense.

I swear, my mind shut down between laps 9 and 21. I don't remember the 13 minutes in between. I guess that's what I like about Tsukuba, it has a sort of power where you can shut down and just let your mind control it without you doing anything. You kinda get lost in a trace.

Hey Guys,

Awesome race! Even though I got lapped by everybody....AGAIN!.

Apology goes out to zed from early in the race. I took a turn too fast and tried to pass him on the inside and ended up bumping him into the wall. I waited for him to get back on the track and pass me but I still feel bad.

Hey FMSC racers happy Thanksgiving! Hope you guys eat a lot of Turkey and don't forget to wrap that thing in bacon (Epic Meal Time lol)! Have a wonderful day!

Hope those that had special family time yesterday or crazy black Friday shopping today had a good and safe time. Looking forward to next week already :D

hahaha yeah did anyone buy something yesterday on Black Friday? I went to Walmart at 10P.M. and bought two 160GB PS3s with 4 games included for 400 dollars hahahaha

Damn that's an awesome deal. Tell me one of those games was GT5!

hah, would be awesome to see you in our sister-series 👍

And you have two PS3s so you'll be... faster?

lol anyway, glad you didn't get run over.

Hahaha I already have GT5. I paid $100 for that game when it came out and at that time I had a PS3. Two weeks after I bought GT5 my PS3 died! So yesterday I saw the PS3 with two games at 200 dollars on Walmart! So I ended up buying two haha; one for me and one for my neighbor lol. The two games it brought was Hatchet and Little Big Planet and I'm going to trade-in both games for some cash so that I can buy another game so it really wasn't a bad deal. Can't wait to get home and play some GT5! Am I to late to enter the GT5 Miata Cup?

Never too late. I'll get you a reserve spot in my division which starts at 6pm EST.

But you do need to buy the "race pack" DLC since it has the MX-5 Cup car we use in the series, and the track pack which has Spa, which we're racing at this Sunday.

But you could wait until the week after for more practice and time to break in your car's engine to at least 186 miles (which is the mileage at which it reaches full hp) and 'cause we're doing a track, Madrid, that came with the game standard.

Every one's really cool like us here so you'll fall right in. One thing I'd have to say is that hardly any one uses mics during races in GT league racing (distracting) so hook yourself up a USB keyboard and you'll be good. I'll get in contact with you soon if you want more explanation on everything.

So yeah, make a GTP account and register with the series: http://bit.ly/fmscmain.

Just be careful, I'm a lot faster in GT than Forza :D

I also run a world class SuperGT series called PURE JGTS featuring the fastest grid in Gran Turismo online racing. No joke hah, fastest drivers in the world bar-none spread over two divisions of 14 drivers. So if you find that interesting I could get you set up with that as well.

Cheers.

wow Wardez heck yeah sign me up for the Mazda Cup then and the JGTS series! i freaking love Super GT cars! And I do have a Playstation Bluetooth head set so I don't know if you guys would hear my fine...

So how does the 2 games compare ( Forza4 vs GT5)? Pros and cons of each game. I only have Forza 4 ( and Forza3), but interested in trying out GT5 but don't have a PS3.

Everything in GT5 is better than Forza! The only thing that kills GT5 is the paint editor :/ you can't create decals like you can in FM4; but GT5 has the better physics. It has rain effects, day/night transition effects, you can flash lights, you can draft, and many other things that you don't have in FM4. You can Rally, Oval racing in serious tracks like Daytona and Indy. Oh yeah! And the A.I. is waaaaaayyyyyyy smarter than the FM4 A.I. GT5 will not disappoint you!

^I kinda agree. I prefer Forza to GT5, but if GT5 didn't have standards, screen tearing, and a really good sense of speed then I would enjoy it a lot more!

Every one ready for the final three races?

I'm gonna start practicing tomorrow for Sebring Club. Anyone have a time yet?

And remember to re-read the qualifying rules in the op, they're updated to the new system. First 16 into the lobby make the race.

Not yet. Haven't started tuning yet either! :lol:

Waiting on my wheel, should come this week, or early next! If I don't get it by tomorrow, I'll put in some last minute tuning.

Hey tooth we should be opening a room in about 45 minutes. Added DJ and I?

0Jav
I plan on doing a post-season wrap up so yeah.

But you're in luck tonight, if you read this in time, 'cause I'll be livestreaming this race.

Hey Guys,

Awesome race! Even though I got lapped by everybody....AGAIN!.

Apology goes out to zed from early in the race. I took a turn too fast and tried to pass him on the inside and ended up bumping him into the wall. I waited for him to get back on the track and pass me but I still feel bad.

No problem R6Boy. Forgot that even happened, no grudges held. Good-luck for today's race.

Zed

Sorry for such the late notice.

I won't be making this race, ate a little too much so my stomach isn't feeling to well, plus I got a little caught up with Talledega Nights. Should make next race, possibly with a new weapon as well. ;)

Hey guys I'll post a link right here if anyone is interested on watching this years Thunderhill 25 hour race held in Napa Valley, California. The race is held in Thunderhill Park (3.0-mile (4.83-km), 15 turn road course). 66 cars will compete in many different classes and it's just an amazing and a very hard race. The race begins tomorrow (December 3rd) at 3p.m. U.S. Eastern Time and ends at 4p.m. the following day (December 4th).

Here's the link for the live stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-25-hours-of-thunderhill-2011

Hope you enjoy guys :)

So frustrating, was happy with my set-up for once and was getting back into the race after a couple of early errors when my phone starts ringing and keeps ringing. Juggling x-box controller and phone I answer and my wife has an "emergency", which i'm happy to drop everything for (and did), as long as it is an emergency or at least urgent...........which it wasn't. So if you see my car off the track in the replay for about 30 seconds, that's why.

Good race guys:

Here's some racing links from our conversation -

F1 legends stream:
http://www.justin.tv/bwass244_5#/w/2170358080/13

A list of F1 documentaries on Youtube:
http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/lve55/a_list_of_formula1_documentaries_mostly_youtube/

My blog write-up on the 15th anniversary of Senna's death:
http://deargomez.blogspot.com/2009/05/ayrton-senna.html

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=232259

So frustrating, was happy with my set-up for once and was getting back into the race after a couple of early errors when my phone starts ringing and keeps ringing. Juggling x-box controller and phone I answer and my wife has an "emergency", which i'm happy to drop everything for (and did), as long as it is an emergency or at least urgent...........which it wasn't. So if you see my car off the track in the replay for about 30 seconds, that's why.

Sorry to hear Zed, you had really good pace. It was fun and intense racing you in the first few laps 👍

That was a lot of fun! Other than my spin on the first lap :D. It's good to know that I'm at least on pace with most, but DJ you're seriously quick!

Great convo after the race as well. Wardez, thanks for those links. I especially enjoyed looking at the '84 Monaco GP. I never realized just how close Senna came to winning.

Are there any spots available on PS3 Flyin Miata super cup race? There's another one coming up Sunday night right? If so, count me in.

Great meeting all of you guys

Back