Flyin' Miata Super Cup! Spec Miata Championship

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 292 comments
That's awesome man, glad you had fun in the race and with those links.

And yeah there's space TAK, more than welcome! What's your PSN?

Add me on PSN, it's Wardez just the same

Ok great! my PSN gamertag is the same. ToothAcheKiller.

I just finished looking at your stream. GTP Inter-League GT500 Challenge Tournament Final. Pretty hardcore stuff! Keep up the good work bro...👍

I'm about to get on GT5 now to see how I stack up against the big guns. I think the fastest lap time was 2:11.02? Wow.

Yeak Tak I'm right around that as well.

Hey guys keep your eye out for a new thread gauging interest for our second series! It's a mixed class series going to feature full simulation, hour long distances, a couple two hour endurances and will be 8 races long at nothing but real world tracks! Stay tuned for the announcement soon.

"On this day 25 years ago, the FIA banned Group B, a championship which was completely out of control. It was inevitable then, that the only outcome would be a permanent ban of the group. It's easy for us to look back at the untamed monsters that decimated the stages with awe but it's also easy to forget the lives that were lost. One of the only surviving Group B cars that still competes today is the MG Metro 6R4. It's certainly not pretty but it was and still remains very effective. It's rare to experience a complete stage on-board a Group B car so allow Messrs McRae and Grist to show you the Donegal countryside from aboard their three litre, six cylinder and circa-400BHP 6R4. Turn up your speakers and remember Group B ..."

-

Paddy McGrath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nrokRanX4k&feature=player_embedded#!

I'm gonna be hosting tonight's race so look out for the invite guys.

Man I really want to make one of these with you guys but things keep coming up on Saturday. :( I had to take the wife somewhere earlier and that killed today besides the fact that I didn't put a qualifying time in. I'll be in for sure with you all. Waiting for the stars to align. lol

Hi all, been great fun racing with you and looking forward to the finale next weekend.
I'm starting up a series of my own and it would be great to have you guys in it if you're keen. The series is for the Japanese GT cars (R2) unmodified and un-tuned so as to provide close and variable racing without the need for good tuning knowledge or patience.
Further information can be found in the racers lounge of the forzamotorsport.net forums (should appear there soon as just posted and undergoing moderation).
Thanks Wardez for organising a great season of racing and thanks also to DJ Fish.

Zed

Hi guy quick ? I know I have not been around the last few races do to my wheel being broken but I just got it back just what to know if you want me to race tonight I don't want to take away a spot from someone who has been around more. Also have not raced since update are we still racing with sim steering or norm now have read it's a lot harder now.
Ps nice 1 crispy you lucky dog that wheel seems crazy read your review

Huge congratulations to our series champion Chris "DJ Fysh" Rodriguez!

CVLSx.jpg

Awesome series, thank you all for being supportive and having clean awesome racing together 👍

Such an awesome experience. It's sad putting up my little Miata up for now. Do you have plans for a second season by any chance?

Here's what I wrote up on GTPlanet.

Many people know that I'm a big Miata fan, so when I saw the chance to race Miata's for a series, I had to do it. First off, the series is run by GTPlanets and ForzaPlanets own Wardez! I thank you for this series! The organization was top notch, and I've had so much fun over the past few weeks! This has really been great, and I thank you for that. It's kinda sad for the ending of the season though. Many of us won't be racing against each other for a while, and we won't really be racing our cars for a while. Which brings me to my car. There's not really any better feeling than racing a car you've bought, tuned, and painted completely yourself. It sort of becomes a part of your personality. Sure I've had bad moments with this car, where it doesn't seem to like me all to much, but it's still mine, and I love that. I really can't wait until I get the chance to race again with all of you, it's been a wonderful experience!

Thanks a bunch for the mention Crispy, I owe you one ;)

As far as FMSC Live 2 goes, look forward to it popping up again around late winter, possibly late February or March.

Also expect it to be a lot more awesome when it comes to the car itself as we'll be upgrading to an even faster and funner Miata for the next series. With full simulation and slightly shorter schedule being in mind as well.

But in the mean time look out for an upcoming discussion thread here on FP kicking off the new Lotus Challenge series based on this awesome real life series: here

There'll be two classes of 8 drivers each, you can either choose to be in the 2-eleven of the Cup cars.

We'll be emulating every aspect of the real life series as closely as we can, car and spec wise. Other than that, the racing format and track schedule will be up to us!

Should be a lot of fun, I'm super excited.

Congratulations DJ for the championship .

@Wardez ....Nice series , was looking for a hardcore tournament like this , glad I found you guys. Congrats to all the people who took part in this event, It's hard to race with this hardcore settings .Well done ! Will join your GT5 series for sure.

Fantomas

Hey guys! Thank you everyone for the congrats! But really, you guys were amazing as well! I've seriously never ran with so many clean and fast drivers in my life. This was such a great experience and I enjoyed every single race. I love the clean battles on the race track and the rolling starts were just pure fun. I can't wait for the Lotus Cup, I hope to see all of you guys back in the race track next year. :)

Congrats DJ! It was some great battles we had.
Thanks Wardez for a great racing series and racing experience!
I sure enjoyed the racing with you all. i hope to see you on track again.

Looking at the score it looked like I came in third! Cool!

A late congrats to you DJ! Surprised I wasn't dead last. Wish I could've made the final two races. It was hard as the holiday stuff was already happening. Looking forward to the next series!

First off wardez this was a great series. I really enjoyed running in the races I could make it to. I wish I coulda made the last couple races but the hoilidays had me running around. Ill definatly be looking for the next season. What would u think about a Turbo miata series. I know there isn't one in real life but there's been talk about it in scca. 200hp to the wheels in a miata could be pretty dam fun. Just a suggestion

Back