Flying Race Car Series to Debut at Goodwood Festival of Speed, Launching 2020

I imagine they’d be developing an extremely advanced crash avoidance system for these. Get within X metres of another “car” and it automatically avoids it.

That’s the only way this could ever be close to safe. The moment two of these hit each other mid flight, it’s gonna be a very big wreck, someone is probably gonna get hurt and that will be the end of it.

In saying that, it is still extremely cool and I think will be a lot of fun to watch once the systems are in place.

If you're familiar with the Drone Racing League, this is almost like the DRL but in a more realistic setting, and not much like a video game brought to life. Like modern drone like cars.

I now started thinking a bit more about these cars, and I agree with the propeller deal with these flying cars. What would be interesting is if this technology ultimately evolves into anti-gravity racing like with (your favorite anti-gravity racing game or series). The propeller thing could almost feel like Robot Wars or something if these flying cars were trading paint like in NASCAR. This is such an interesting idea, and I want it to succeed and evolve. That is even if rival series and such try to make their own answer to this flying car series. After all, if we evolved from the Wright Brothers' plane to something like various military fighter aircraft and supersonic jets, then this series can be the catalyst to more efficient flying cars over the years and decades.

Half the track is.....a track, the other half a field with those Red Bull air race cones lol. Straight Diddy Kong Racing coming to life!

Back