Flying Race Car Series to Debut at Goodwood Festival of Speed, Launching 2020

It doesn't look bad IMHO, if it had some wheels on instead of those... Blade legs? It would be like a modern interpretation of classic F1 cars.

Who will actually fly these? Seasoned stunt and fighter pilots like in the Red bull plane series thing? Can't imagine a race car driver making a simple transition to a flying vehicle.

If this AirCar contraption has any future, the propellers will have to be enclosed to prevent serious injury
And you could just imagine the carnage if they become available to the motoring public

Right, so it's not a car is it, not even in the slightest. It's a drone. And when it has a pilot it's a single-man air craft.
As daft as these idiots who refer to those 2 wheeled balance boards as hover boards when they are clearly in firm contact with the ground!

And monkeys might fly out of my butt :D
Are they entered in this race series too? Drones and monkeys.

5136c62b07be1.png

This is both interesting and intriguing! It seems like a very interesting concept. I can actually see this lasting and evolving into something incredible. I, and even one YouTube commenter, joked that this could be the genesis of something like WipEout or F-Zero. Only I doubt we'll see real-life interpretations of FEISAR, AG Systems, Auricom, Qirex, Goteki 45, EG-X, Piranha Advancements, or anything like that. I am also VERY certain we won't have aerial combat like the WipEout games. This topic was something I didn't want to believe at first. Now, though, I am very interested to see how this all evolves. I even subscribed to Airspeeder on YouTube.

Once again- interesting and intriguing.

some kids are gonna strap a few drones together one day and...

xmnk2llfrzw8aqv9glse.jpg

It's amazing how close man is to touching the sky from his own backyard with a few toys bought from Argos.... Don't forget your crash helmets :lol:👍

Well looks like I'm going to Goodwood FoS next year! Time to start saving for the tickets!

I dont see this ever actually happening with pilots. Full size drone racing maybe. But not piloted, open rotor, full grid racing. I mean, its intriguing. But in no way is this safe enough to be sustainable.

Latest Posts

Back