FM4 Autumn Launch plus Boxart,content reveal..

• Thread starter vkss
  • 227 comments
No double standard infamousDee.. you're of the few who comes here with an agenda, and don't act like we haven't noticed ;)

Besides... There's only been 1 iteration after FM2..

FM3's lighting was fairly the same though, that I'll agree but the game added a whole lot on top of FM2. From what we've seen w/FM4, it looks like a major step in the right direction.

The showroom visuals are looking great, however gameplay looks little different to FM2/3.

The showroom visuals are looking great, however gameplay looks little different to FM2/3.

It's why I said I want to see direct feed game play and not a compressed youtube video of an off camera angle shot filming a screen with the game running (mind you, in beta form). Based on the showroom visuals itself it looks like a major leap forward in my book. My biggest gripe, which really wasn't that big to begin with, was the lighting. It seems they really fixed that so a week away and we should see more come E3.

The dark interiors was actually a gripe I had in GT5, too bad they're finding their way to Forza. It's not a huge deal, but, when I'm driving I can usually see the interior of my car plain as day... sometimes it gets so dark in these games you can't even see the needle and numbers on the dash.

I seriously hope the Top Gear license isn't mishandled like it was with GT5. You wonder if PD ever even saw the TG show.. Give me standing starts on the TG test track, tossing in the US and AUS TG tracks would be sweet, give us at least 1 of the reasonably priced cars and throw in some of these 'games' like car soccer and it'll be winning across the board.

You must have not seen any FM4 videos. Improved lighting in leaps, improved visuals as well.

I have seen the pre-rendered footage, yes.

But this is the first time I have seen people playing. Not as impressive, from a lighting perspective (Plastic shiny grass WTF?).

Also, fake American Stig is fake :P

I seriously hope the Top Gear license isn't mishandled like it was with GT5. You wonder if PD ever even saw the TG show.. Give me standing starts on the TG test track, tossing in the US and AUS TG tracks would be sweet, give us at least 1 of the reasonably priced cars and throw in some of these 'games' like car soccer and it'll be winning across the board.
The claim is that Jeremy is going to be doing voice work for the cars' history & specs. If that be the case, looks like a step in the right direction.

But this is the first time I have seen people playing. Not as impressive, from a lighting perspective (Plastic shiny grass WTF?).

Also, fake American Stig is fake :P

I was talking about the people playing, wtf!

Fake American Stig? What are you talking about, ROFL.

Can't wait to hear Jeremy's bile when he has to read out the specs on Vauxhalls... :D *

*And I'm a Vauxhall owner lol.

Astro-Racer

But this is the first time I have seen people playing. Not as impressive, from a lighting perspective (Plastic shiny grass WTF?).:P

Why does it always come down to the graphics and looks of a game.

If processor power can go towards 60fps or better physics screw the graphics.

The graphic junkies will be the killer of these games.

Developers putting in all there time into modeling headlights sometimes lose touch of reality and other areas of gameplay suffers.

Ahhh who cares about gameplay, I can see the stitching in my headrest.

The only reason I mentioned it was because of the claims by T10 about the much improved visuals and lighting engine.

Just looked like FM3 to me (That telltale plastic looking shine. It was very apperent in that clip) *Shrugs*

I don't really care. But I wish developers would stop talking bollocks when promoting a game. They fooled me three times now. No more.

If processor power can go towards 60fps or better physics screw the graphics.

The graphic junkies will be the killer of these games.

Developers putting in all there time into modeling headlights sometimes lose touch of reality and other areas of gameplay suffers.

Ahhh who cares about gameplay, I can see the stitching in my headrest.

I agree with that a 110%.

Even though I will always abide to the fact that car models and scenery in general are better in other games (GT, Dirt) I still think that Forza is looking very good. Enough to make me happy anyway.

In fact, in any genre that i'm interested in (shooters, fighting games and especially racing) in the long term I will always prefer better sounding guns, engines and punch to the mouth.

Yeah graphics are important, but from someone who started to play games on an Atari 2600, these days I get my fix fairly easy I guess...

Definetely quite promising, and I honestly echo the requests for improved force feedback, physics and support for Logitech Wheels. In fact, the lack of said support is the only thing that is stopping me from getting a 360 and Forza 4.

Graphics-wise, well it's hard to tell from the youtube videos but the lighting on the cockpit seems much improved from FM3 and as far as I can tell, the reflections are excellent.

Just looks like Fm3 but shinier if I'm honest.

I won't be buying unless they reveal they've completely overhauled the physics.
QFT minus the not buying part.

Forza 4 looks superb, though most cars are from F3, which most are from F2, etc. Thank god we have new manufacturers (GMC, something that starts with A or B I think, and a couple more seen in the trailer...and even then, THERE'S MOAR! :scared: ) and tracks.

I seriously hope they improve the physics model though. After playing GT5 for some time and returning to F3, I feel as if I'm on ice all the time.

And on top of that, I hope they throw in some "fun cars", basically cars like buses, semis, police cruisers, go karts, etc. Just cars you can have some fun racing and having a good laugh at the same time. Bus races, anyone?

Turn 10 said back in the Forza Motorsport 2 days, that their goal lies in physics and content. The graphics have been always improved, but it isnt the most important part of this franchise. If you look at current pc simulations it is the same, but Forza 4 looks superb in my view.

Graphics doesnt matter, when a game doesnt deliver the content and experience i try to get.

I've played quite a few driving/racing games in the period that I've owned FM3 and every time I go back to it, it looks so much more 'real' in motion. Yes, the lighting is off and the cars aren't 100%, but the 60fps makes it look so much more lively.

Turn 10 said back in the Forza Motorsport 2 days, that their goal lies in physics and content. The graphics have been always improved, but it isnt the most important part of this franchise. If you look at current pc simulations it is the same, but Forza 4 looks superb in my view.

Graphics doesnt matter, when a game doesnt deliver the content and experience i try to get.

Indeed. While FM3 and older may not have the best graphics of the sims, it does have the physics (actually, Race Pro 09 beats Forza in physics). If FM4 looks as good as we have seen, and every car being premium with full interiors like this, they are raising the bar for sure.

Indeed. While FM3 and older may not have the best graphics of the sims, it does have the physics (actually, Race Pro 09 beats Forza in physics). If FM4 looks as good as we have seen, and every car being premium with full interiors like this, they are raising the bar for sure.

Yeah I have to agree. So far I've really only seriously played console racing games and as far as on the track mixing it up racing I have to go with:
First: Race Pro 09
Second: FM3
Third: GT5
and a VERY close Fourth goes to: F1 2010.
If I'm to be honest as far as PURE on the track mixing it up racing I have to put F1 2010 before GT5. I gave GT5 the nod over F1 because of the selection of cars but to be honest all other aspects excluded F1 gets the nod.

Even though there isn't a chance in hell, I'd give InfamousDee's left nut (why give me own? lol) for a Race Pro 11/12 to be released. But FM3 is right up there with it. Just had a Race in our 4th ALMS season and , as always, it was a ton of fun. Some great racing and some comedic points in the race left me laughing last night while satisfying my racing fix for the night. FM will always be the go-to racing title as long as they don't start screwing things up.

Race Pro is fun but in my book really hard with controller with all 'pro' settings (hardest AI, no assists, etc). The Radical in it... personally I think it sounds awesome. You even hear the reverb in the engine note at higher RPM.
Didn't play all that match cuz my wheel did a kaput and I haven't gotten a new wheel for 360 since.

Which is exactly why FM4 needs FULL Logitech support. I've played GT5, Race 07, iracing, GTR2, rFactor with steering wheels and there isn't a lot in it.

Which is exactly why FM4 needs FULL Logitech support.

For FM4 to REALLY be enjoyed and played the way it was meant to be played (basing this off FM3 of course) you're gonna need that Fanatec Wheel. Logitech is physically incapable of bringing the same experience.

Even though there isn't a chance in hell, I'd give InfamousDee's left nut (why give me own? lol) for a Race Pro 11/12 to be released.

I would give anyone's left nut, or even mine own, for a patch for Race Pro 09 :(

Race Pro is fun but in my book really hard with controller with all 'pro' settings (hardest AI, no assists, etc). The Radical in it... personally I think it sounds awesome. You even hear the reverb in the engine note at higher RPM.
Didn't play all that match cuz my wheel did a kaput and I haven't gotten a new wheel for 360 since.

The shifting sounds in Race Pro 09? Orgasmic.

Now that PD S&%$& Logitech support and owners it would be a very good move from microsoft to get an exclusive Logitech wheel (like the DFGT maybe a DFFM) for Forza 4
If that happens Im buying an Xbox a DFFM :D and FM4 and Im never going back to the GT series unless they do some major changes in the game....

Wow Trib. Great idea. I would be all over a Logitech wheel for Forza.

My MS wheel still works great after 2years. People scoff at the MS wheel but my experience is this.
I have a high end wheel with lots of faults and a low end wheel with none.

Which is better suited to joining on online league ? High end/ low end, reliability/unreliable.

Back