FM4- Post Your Latest Pics Here

• Thread starter BryCivicSi
  • 1,040 comments
United States
Lexington, KY
bryphotoguy
BryCivicSi
Show us your skills!

Go to forzamotorsport.net and setup an account if you don't already have one to retrieve your photos. Use Photobucket, ImageShack, or one of the other countless sites to host your pics and post them here.

GetPhoto-1.jpg

the lighting can be really harsh sometimes. Also, it seems to me like brightness and contrast are doing the same thing, just in opposite directions.

6236676260_fb19db3c26_z.jpg

the lighting can be really harsh sometimes. Also, it seems to me like brightness and contrast are doing the same thing, just in opposite directions.

Yeah, it seems they chose contrast (harshness) over a smoother gradient to really make the colors pop. What do you mean about brightness/ contrast? I know how the sliders should work but I don't understand what you are saying or if they aren't working properly.

Yeah, it seems they chose contrast (harshness) over a smoother gradient to really make the colors pop. What do you mean about brightness/ contrast? I know how the sliders should work but I don't understand what you are saying or if they aren't working properly.

instead of making dark darker or light lighter, Contrast is making the whole picture bright or dark. It's exactly like brightness.

instead of making dark darker or light lighter, Contrast is making the whole picture bright or dark. It's exactly like brightness.

I went and tested some of the sliders out more. Those settings are way messed up. I don't see why there is a slider for aperture AND focus. IRL they should be the same thing. The aperture in the lens determines how much of the image in focus. In the game, one slider determines what appears to be shutter speed. But then the effect isn't close to what I would expect.
Contrast looks like they use a transparent gray and as you move closer to 0, the transparency becomes darker washing the photo out. It however doesn't change tonality of the image like it should. When you move towards 100, it is using a black transparency which does appear to darken the image without touching anything white. Contrast should take all tones and move all darker towards black and at the same time move all the lighter tones towards white. This contrast slider does neither.
Brightness seems OK but then again, it just appears they take a white or black transparent overlay and this doesn't appear to adjust much in the photo overall except at the extremes of the slider.
The use of most of the sliders seems a bit pointless cause they have little effect or completely destroy the photo. At least in Forza 3, I could manipulate it to the point where I could achieve the effect I wanted. This it doesn't seem like they want you to do anything but keep the images as they are, get a black and white image by removing saturation or make it a sepia image.
What a joke!

Yeah, the images look great on their own to the point you don't need them, especially from autovista or the homespace. But if I was in a tunnel and wanted to mess with the slides, I feel like won't be able to achieve the look I want.

BTW, how close are your images on your computer to your TV? The first one I touched contrast on and it didn't do much on screen. When I went to get it online, the image looked way different. I will have to post pics after work today.

Hopefully Xbox 720 let's us have visuals like that while racing.

Hopefully Xbox 720 let's us have visuals like that while racing.

Forza 4 is getting there. I really like having a really smooth race at 60 fps with no screen tearing.

I cannot praise Turn 10 enough about the features, controls, sound, graphics, and the amount of content that they crammed into this game.

i have to adjust them for each track.

Exposure 60
Contrast 64
Color 40
Brightness 33

you can adjust the focus and aperture based on what you want.

Back